MLS Thread

Been at a few TFC games as I have family over there.
All in all interesting and enjoyable experience, though typical North American atmosphere.
Big fairground outside stadium when I was last there and spent whole day in vicinity of stadium.

Been at a few TFC games as I have family over there.
All in all interesting and enjoyable experience, though typical North American atmosphere.
Big fairground outside stadium when I was last there and spent whole day in vicinity of stadium.

That will be the CNE. Runs for 18 days at the end of the summer.

2 away games in a row, are they still building their stadium or summat?

I think so, was watching videos on youtube this week of a guy who's been monitoring it's construction.
I think they're only going to be playing there for two seasons though, in Fort Lauderdale, before moving to a new stadium in Miami proper.

Whitecaps in LA against the Galaxy tonight. Lose and we’re already in a hole.
Don’t see the coach lasting the season.

I think so, was watching videos on youtube this week of a guy who's been monitoring it's construction.
I think they're only going to be playing there for two seasons though, in Fort Lauderdale, before moving to a new stadium in Miami proper.

Where though ? Ticket sales say Fort Lauderdale stadium but it says on wiki that was demolished to make room for the new one .

I thought they might be playing at the Hard rock for now. I can’t find anything to back it up though .

I will find out soon enough but I wonder if anyone on here knows ?

Where though ? Ticket sales say Fort Lauderdale stadium but it says on wiki that was demolished to make room for the new one .

I thought they might be playing at the Hard rock for now. I can’t find anything to back it up though .

I will find out soon enough but I wonder if anyone on here knows ?

My understanding from what I read last weekend, and others feel free to correct me, is they're building a stadium on the spot of the Fort Lauderdale stadium. They'll play there for two years then move to the 'Miami Freedom' or something like that, stadium, the precise location of which is yet to be determined.

From a British perspective, building a stadium for two years seems like a gross extravagance....but things are different in America.

My understanding from what I read last weekend, and others feel free to correct me, is they're building a stadium on the spot of the Fort Lauderdale stadium. They'll play there for two years then move to the 'Miami Freedom' or something like that, stadium, the precise location of which is yet to be determined.

From a British perspective, building a stadium for two years seems like a gross extravagance....but things are different in America.

So that stadium will be ready on Saturday for the opener then. Brand new.

It says expected opening March 14th.

Play for 2 years then move.

Seems a bit crazy.

Seems a bit crazy.

This is a bit strange. Throw millions at a stadium only to move on two years later? The Yanks have more money than sense sometimes.

Starting line up's

aJ2WNam.png

Seems a bit crazy.

Yeah, I think this one holds 18,000 and their new one a whopping 25,000. With a shopping mall inside it.

Seems a bit of a conservative capacity to me. Miami with its majority Hispanic population could surely draw big crowds.

Always watch out Cincinnati fc as my dad and wifa are season ticket holder. Belive them to be terrible and also had one of the unwashed on loan.

Always watch out Cincinnati fc as my dad and wifa are season ticket holder. Belive them to be terrible and also had one of the unwashed on loan.

They are not the best team. And they are pretty awful to watch. I have no idea about the filth player though.

Morgan (ex-Celtc) scored for Inter Miami but it was pulled back for a handball at the other end and Miami's Torres sent off for it. Still 1-0 for Miami. Now a penalty for DC.... 1-1.

I'm looking forward to see how the Galaxy are coping without Zlatan.

It's an interesting one, the noises from within Galaxy are that it's now a happier squad without him as he wasnt the best team mate and very demanding of them all. Absolutely everything went through him on the field and while it made them very 1 dimensional he was undoubtedly effective.

I think Pavon will be the main attacking threat this season

Chicharito is not as good as Zlatan and Katai isnt as good as Allesandrini or Antuna from what i've seen so far

It's an interesting one, the noises from within Galaxy are that it's now a happier squad without him as he wasnt the best team mate and very demanding of them all. Absolutely everything went through him on the field and while it made them very 1 dimensional he was undoubtedly effective.

I think Pavon will be the main attacking threat this season

Chicharito is not as good as Zlatan and Katai isnt as good as Allesandrini or Antuna from what i've seen so far

Good summary there bud.

Toronto played well.
But they need to take their chances better or they will suffer.

Sounds familiar!

TFC blew a 2-0 lead last week.
But tonight they pulled it out late.
Osario and the new guy (99) were excellent.
MLS way,way more entertaining football than
anything in Europe.Especially SPL.

TFC are reminding me of Rangers these days, except their results aren’t quite as bad. They played very well today and should have had the game wrapped up long before they did. Much like us though they are missing chance after chance. Today it worked out alright with one going in near the end, but last week they let SJ salvage a point they had no right toss. With the playoff system it likely won’t cost them as badly as it has Rangers.

I'm looking forward to see how the Galaxy are coping without Zlatan.

Well, in summary the Galaxy aren't coping very well without him.....it's going to be a long season

Chicharito so far has offered absolutely nothing a d the midfield is workmanlike at best. Team looks weaker than last year.

I'd be surprised if GBS lasts the season from what i've seen on the field and fan reactions already

Back