Morelos Latest Instagram Post

A) To keep in the shop window.
B) To get him fitter and keep him in the shop window.
But he's fat as fùck and doesn't try, so why is it being accepted that the Rangers manager is starting him?

In a way having no fans at grounds might be a good thing for Alfie.. Going by the opinions on here the bandwagons would be rolling up to Ibrox on Sunday to have their say.
Yeah he’s not at his best, but please don’t turn on our own. Don’t have short memories.

But he's fat as fùck and doesn't try, so why is it being accepted that the Rangers manager is starting him?

Fat as f*ck - really?

I guess you would need to ask Jimmy Bell if he has had to order a couple of sizes bigger gear since March? Jesus!

Posts like this dont help because he hasnt scored in pre season and will be exactly what the MSM journos who trawl this site for their stories, will be delighted to quote you in their 'Gers fans turn on Morelos' stories

I dont see his form being an issue for clubs wanting to buy him as he has proved he can score goals but he definitely needs to get sharper

The lethal Greg Stewart

After Tynecastle last season it's clear to see Stewart can't play through the middle. But we already knew that irrespective of people constantly counting Stewart as a striking option.

Failed to lift his head on Thursday and square the ball to Arfield which would have resulted in him having the opportunity to stroke the ball into the net.

He's not fat, he has a particular build that makes him look that way but doesn't stop him being incredibly fit like we all saw in the first half of last season, he looked no different.

It's mental how folk believe what they want to believe. This being a prime example.

Think we might have a problem on our hands now as on current form Itten and Roofe (when fit) would probably be ahead of Morelos for a starting place.

If that’s the case his value will only decrease over time. If Morelos really wants a move he’ll need to pull his socks up pretty fast and get back into form before the window shuts.
Keeping hold of him and him sorting himself out now there’s competition for his place is not a problem in my eyes. Every footballer is at different stages of a very long lay off from the game. He will sort himself out and we will have him of fitness and dietary plans. Hanging on to him to say January and he puts a shit in with the new guys is a win win in my eyes!

I know this is FF and folk are desperate to get the knives out etc but some of the comments are laughable.

Fat??? Really. FFS he is a professional footballer the word fat should not be used as that is not even close to describing Alfredo. Maybe not at his peak or still trying to get match sharp after a long shutdown then fair enough but folk going out of their way to say he is 'fat' is a bit much even for here.

Although nobody else played particularly well the other night (aside from Goldson Helander & McGregor which tells you all you need to know) one thing about Morelos is he always trys his best and for some to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

He will go eventually during this window for something in the region of £20M. That is insane but shows what an exceptional player we have had. His contribution to the club has been increadible in such a short space of time especially the last two seasons when he at times picked us up and carried us for large parts.

A top player our Buff hope he gets out of this shitehole and does very well for himself.

Morelos is going to stay and fire us to 55, making a lot of people in this thread look stupid.

He’s still our best striker by an absolute mile. I know we’re all excited about the new signings but Roofe isn’t a direct replacement and is more a link up player, whilst Itten is totally unproven and more of a target man.

Morelos has everything to his game as the modern day centre forward. We’re lucky to have him and I feel he just needs one goal to spark him back to life.

I can't be to only one who is starting to get slightly worried by this whole saga ?
Me too. I find the whole thing really stressful. Its complteely different to the usual situation we have had many times before, where a top class player has clubs scrambling and we hope he either (a) stays or (b) goes for crazy money if he does go.
With Alfie I'm completely torn as to whether I want him to stay and hopefully regain his form or if I'd accept an offer which will probably now be far less than what we would have got 8 months ago.

Fat as f*ck - really?

I guess you would need to ask Jimmy Bell if he has had to order a couple of sizes bigger gear since March? Jesus!

Posts like this dont help because he hasnt scored in pre season and will be exactly what the MSM journos who trawl this site for their stories, will be delighted to quote you in their 'Gers fans turn on Morelos' stories
Look at my posts through the thread mate, I'm quoting other posters.

I love Alfie and I'll be gutted when he goes.

I'm asking those of the opinion that Morelos is "fat as fùck" or those accusing him of not trying why there isn't an issue with Gerrard playing him from the start.

If they can see it, why can't our manager?

If Alfie no longer cuts it then no one had told Leverkusen. Their defensive tactics were based around negating him. In the main they succeeded.

To be fair, big Tapsoba could have had a few pints before the game and would still have breezed through it.

It was a physical mismatch where the Colombian was bullied all night, which is not something you often say. The Morelos of November 2019 would have given him a lot more to think about.

Keeping hold of him and him sorting himself out now there’s competition for his place is not a problem in my eyes. Every footballer is at different stages of a very long lay off from the game. He will sort himself out and we will have him of fitness and dietary plans. Hanging on to him to say January and he puts a shit in with the new guys is a win win in my eyes!

It's probably the case that we need to sell him before strengthening the team further. We really can't keep adding to the wage bill and spending money with so much unpredictability around right now.

Also from a football point of view we'd have Itten, Roofe, Defoe and Morelos all going for 1 main striker place, Morelos might only start 1 in 4 of our games going foward which would pretty much wipe out his value by the time January comes round.

To those saying Alfie is “ fat “ , let’s be realistic please .

Say his normal playing weight is around 12 or 13 stone as he’s big built that’s what helps him buffalo players out the way, he bullies defenders when on his game .

He’s is perhaps half a stone max over his normal weight , at the very most he is maybe what 14 stone and I don’t think he’s even that ? Hardly fat by modern day standards . Some people will use any excuse to slam the boy.

It's probably the case that we need to sell him before strengthening the team further. We really can't keep adding to the wage bill and spending money with so much unpredictability around right now.

Also from a football point of view we'd have Itten, Roofe, Defoe and Morelos all going for 1 main striker place, Morelos might only start 1 in 4 of our games going foward which would pretty much wipe out his value by the time January comes round.
We probably do have to sell before we buy more and a midfielder is needed. That said I do not think Roofe and Itten were bought so we could sell Morelos. I still think if he goes they will add another striker and run with 4. Defoe is backup given his age, Itten is a longer termed project, but will play his part and may force himself into the 1st team, but I see only see Roofe and Morelos fighting for the 1 up front and Roofe is more versatile too, so both could play. We will see how it goes, but if he stays then I’m ok with that as long as he sorts himself out.

Hopefully the situation will get resolved soon. Folk far too hard on him just now. He cost buttons and will sell for significantly more. First half of last season showed how good he can be sencond half the opposite. He’s a young man and will mature. He was good for us and us great for raising his profile . Wish him all the best

This sideshow needs put to bed one way or another.

We either sell asap or him and Gerrard both come out and say he’s staying and fighting for his place like every other player.

At the moment we have Morelos and Barisic tipped for moves. If someone had said to me two months ago that we needed to sell one of them for big money to fund our transfer activity / generally balance out the finances etc., and asked me which one would I prefer to sell, I would have said Barisic and would have done so with little hesitation. If someone had also asked me to value them both I would have valued Morelos comfortably above Barisic, not least because Morelos is 24 (therefore has at least one other big money move in him after leaving us) and a striker (generalisation I know, but typically valued higher than left backs).

Now I get that Morelos hasn’t looked his usual self in the last couple of games and also that we have signed a couple of guys who might be his replacement(s).

But I am still struggling to get my head round what increasingly seems to be the view on here that we should be punting Morelos out of Ibrox as soon as we can for whatever we are offered, whilst Barisic is an untouchable player worth £20-25m.

It really isn’t long ago (start of last season) when most on here didn’t think Barisic was good enough and would have punted him for peanuts; whilst prior to the winter break Morelos was one of the leading scorers in Europe and was in superb form.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not in any way having a go at Barisic. I think he is a cracking left back and important to what we do. I just think the contrast in narrative as between Morelos and Barisic and views on relative valuations is weird.

Whilst I know it is increasingly likely that Morelos will go, there is a part of me which would love to see him stay, regain his form and terrorise defences for us for one more season.

This sideshow needs put to bed one way or another.

We either sell asap or him and Gerrard both come out and say he’s staying and fighting for his place like every other player.

In order for the club to sell, we need to find a willing buyer . If reports are true that Lille have pulled out , it leaves us waiting for another potential suitor .

The £14 mill plus £3 mill addons original bid may now look like it was one we should have taken , however I sympathise with the board who we all said were quite right to hold out for more . We can’t have it both ways .

I know this is FF and folk are desperate to get the knives out etc but some of the comments are laughable.

Fat??? Really. FFS he is a professional footballer the word fat should not be used as that is not even close to describing Alfredo. Maybe not at his peak or still trying to get match sharp after a long shutdown then fair enough but folk going out of their way to say he is 'fat' is a bit much even for here.

Although nobody else played particularly well the other night (aside from Goldson Helander & McGregor which tells you all you need to know) one thing about Morelos is he always trys his best and for some to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

He will go eventually during this window for something in the region of £20M. That is insane but shows what an exceptional player we have had. His contribution to the club has been increadible in such a short space of time especially the last two seasons when he at times picked us up and carried us for large parts.

A top player our Buff hope he gets out of this shitehole and does very well for himself.

Morelos didn’t try his best the other night

Let’s not spout nonsense. From January his attitude and demeanor on the park has been questionable.

Sooner we get rid, the better.

Morelos is going to stay and fire us to 55, making a lot of people in this thread look stupid.

He’s still our best striker by an absolute mile. I know we’re all excited about the new signings but Roofe isn’t a direct replacement and is more a link up player, whilst Itten is totally unproven and more of a target man.

Morelos has everything to his game as the modern day centre forward. We’re lucky to have him and I feel he just needs one goal to spark him back to life.

As posted in another thread, I’m genuinely baffled as to why so many in our support point blank refuse to accept any valid criticism towards Morelos.

The guy hasn’t got a trophy in the bank, has never scored against that lot, could reasonably argue the sitters he’s missed against them was a big part in us losing the cup final, he’s let us down countless times in big games with stupid red cards and suspensions.

For £1m he’s been a good signing and will go for probably £15m or so. Excellent business.

He’s contributed a fair bit on the field especially in Europe.

That said the way some on here make out that he’s irreplaceable is mental. He’s been part of the failed teams of the past 3 seasons that have won nothing.

Since January he hasn’t looked interested at all. Turned up late for a Scottish cup tie and the other night our manager basically called him out for his head being turned.

The thing with Morelos is that he hasn't had any serious competition for the main striker position since he signed for us. Could Itten and Roofe have a positive effect on him and push him up a level or is he going to go in a huff when he's named on the bench for the next couple games?

He's clearly not "player ready" fitness wise and his body fat percentage looks quite higher than the rest of the squad. He's probably not stuck to the training plan when he's been out of the country. He's been blowing out of his arse the last few games and SG probably left him on for 77 to get him fitter.

The thing with Morelos is that he hasn't had any serious competition for the main striker position since he signed for us. Could Itten and Roofe have a positive effect on him and push him up a level or is he going to go in a huff when he's named on the bench for the next couple games?

Hes had one of the all time EPL top scorers wanting his position and scoring every time he played .

I'm puzzled as to how many mentally challengeds want to comment on Rangers players on a Rangers forum.. Is their own lot past talking about

SG has stuck by him more than any other player, but with his new signings I doubt he'll stick by him any longer.
He has been more than indulged by the club. Since New Year he has been allowed to drift and appears to have lost his drive and fitness. If he wants a top club he should be working on his conditioning and sticking the ball in the net. I sincerely hope we can get him out the door for a decent fee ASAP.

Bonkers thread. The way we turn on our own is unbelievable.

One consolation is that we're not in the grounds and the player doesn't have to listen to this pish first hand.

Easily the best striker we've had in a decade who still has a large portion of a contract remaining and yet we have a significant cohort on here trying to talk his price down and get him out the door ASAP.

I'd suggest we would be much better served by backing him to get fully fit, scoring goals, helping us get off to a good start and then after that what will be will be. The window runs until October. A lot can happen between now and then.

Fucking drama queens.

To those saying Alfie is “ fat “ , let’s be realistic please .

Say his normal playing weight is around 12 or 13 stone as he’s big built that’s what helps him buffalo players out the way, he bullies defenders when on his game .

He’s is perhaps half a stone max over his normal weight , at the very most he is maybe what 14 stone and I don’t think he’s even that ? Hardly fat by modern day standards . Some people will use any excuse to slam the boy.
Half a stone overweight is criminal for a professional athlete. The lad is clearly out of condition and/or not mentally right at the minute

Half a stone overweight is criminal for a professional athlete. The lad is clearly out of condition and/or not mentally right at the minute

My point is you’d think he was Rick Waller the way some are going on . It’s a witch hunt .

If he’s half a stone overweight then it doesn’t reflect well on the coaching staff.

How long have we been back in full time training? Surely things like weight and BMI are monitored and corrective plans given to those failing to meet the targets?

Ultimately the responsibility is with the player but what example does it set to the rest of the squad if one player is apparently not meeting targets yet no sanctions appear to follow.

All assuming you are correct of course

Bonkers thread. The way we turn on our own is unbelievable.

One consolation is that we're not in the grounds and the player doesn't have to listen to this pish first hand.

Easily the best striker we've had in a decade who still has a large portion of a contract remaining and yet we have a significant cohort on here trying to talk his price down and get him out the door ASAP.

I'd suggest we would be much better served by backing him to get fully fit, scoring goals, helping us get off to a good start and then after that what will be will be. The window runs until October. A lot can happen between now and then.

Fucking drama queens.

I remember the abuse mccoist used to get from fans

Most called him super sally

We have a horrible fan base towards our own players at times

I think he has more in him than he has shown lately his head hasn't been right since jan

In that time he's been suspended due to clancy did he go down softly yes but clancy couldn't wait to send him off while Christie was doing two Footed lunges, secual assualtsand being ignored.

He had goals disallowed for nothing.

We had fans turning on our own players as we collapsed adding pressure causing the collapse to become worse.

He has had a newborn and anyone who has kids knows the first one is dramatic change to your life in sleep patterns relationships and what is important in life.

That said if he stayed we would have a front five that would terrify the spfl before the tactic was nullify morelos now if he's off his game we have adequate backup and possibility to change playing style.

I think he will go but turning on him after a game that we are at least two levels below them quality wise is crazy

Look at my posts through the thread mate, I'm quoting other posters.

I love Alfie and I'll be gutted when he goes.

I'm asking those of the opinion that Morelos is "fat as fùck" or those accusing him of not trying why there isn't an issue with Gerrard playing him from the start.

If they can see it, why can't our manager?
We had no alternative and he's hoping that somehow he can manage to add to the one, single goal, the he has scored all year and prove to buyers he's worth paying up for. The only option would have been Stewart who Gerrard fancies even less. If Defoe was for he'd have played, and I doubt Morelos will start tomorrow now we have a better option.

As a supposed elite athlete, he's in terrible shape and it shows in his slow ponderous play. You can see the difference visibly, atleast a stone, probably 2 more than he had when he was firing last year. It's a disgrace and a middle finger up to the fans and his fellow team mates.

Back