Morelos Latest Instagram Post

At the moment we have Morelos and Barisic tipped for moves. If someone had said to me two months ago that we needed to sell one of them for big money to fund our transfer activity / generally balance out the finances etc., and asked me which one would I prefer to sell, I would have said Barisic and would have done so with little hesitation. If someone had also asked me to value them both I would have valued Morelos comfortably above Barisic, not least because Morelos is 24 (therefore has at least one other big money move in him after leaving us) and a striker (generalisation I know, but typically valued higher than left backs).

Now I get that Morelos hasn’t looked his usual self in the last couple of games and also that we have signed a couple of guys who might be his replacement(s).

But I am still struggling to get my head round what increasingly seems to be the view on here that we should be punting Morelos out of Ibrox as soon as we can for whatever we are offered, whilst Barisic is an untouchable player worth £20-25m.

It really isn’t long ago (start of last season) when most on here didn’t think Barisic was good enough and would have punted him for peanuts; whilst prior to the winter break Morelos was one of the leading scorers in Europe and was in superb form.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not in any way having a go at Barisic. I think he is a cracking left back and important to what we do. I just think the contrast in narrative as between Morelos and Barisic and views on relative valuations is weird.

Whilst I know it is increasingly likely that Morelos will go, there is a part of me which would love to see him stay, regain his form and terrorise defences for us for one more season.
Got to be two way though. He obviously wants away so best for everyone if he goes and we get as much money as we can.
Tbh worst case scenario is him staying as he’ll not be happy, and his value will go down with poor performances.

The worst thing to see is a player with ability and talent not applying himself, fair enough if he was not a talented player or did not have the ability that's not the case with Morelos he's a talented boy with a great skill set and a knack for scoring goals but he really has to work on his fitness to be the best player he can be.

We had no alternative and he's hoping that somehow he can manage to add to the one, single goal, the he has scored all year and prove to buyers he's worth paying up for. The only option would have been Stewart who Gerrard fancies even less. If Defoe was for he'd have played, and I doubt Morelos will start tomorrow now we have a better option.

As a supposed elite athlete, he's in terrible shape and it shows in his slow ponderous play. You can see the difference visibly, atleast a stone, probably 2 more than he had when he was firing last year. It's a disgrace and a middle finger up to the fans and his fellow team mates.
You believe our manager is playing a guy who is 2 stone overweight and sticking a middle finger up at his teammates?

Surely to fùck you're kidding?

Mhedia reporting we have knocked back £16.25m from Lille.

I fear we will regret that. Good bid considering club's know hes unhappy and our manager was stupid enough to admit it live on bt sport and gave the papers plenty of headlines.

Gerrard could be a bit smarter with his words sometimes. Even though people know he's unhappy it doesn't help your bargaining position to admit it live on TV.

Last edited:
Find it disappointing how many have turned on Alfie, has his form not been the best as of late? I would say so. But he sets up the only goal against Aberdeen last weekend and in my opinion I still think he's giving his all. Yes he should be judged by the goals he scores but I think some people should remember some of the important goals he scored like Legia.

Look at my posts through the thread mate, I'm quoting other posters.

I love Alfie and I'll be gutted when he goes.

I'm asking those of the opinion that Morelos is "fat as fùck" or those accusing him of not trying why there isn't an issue with Gerrard playing him from the start.

If they can see it, why can't our manager?

Ok pal, I get what you're saying.

Sorry if I picked you up wrong.

I’ll be honest and say I wasn’t particularly impressed with his performance against Leverkusen because it did look like the half arsed display of a player who has been caught in two minds, but then I could say that about a good few of them because he wants the only one who didn’t appear to stretch himself on the night. I also think we need to remember the quality of opposition and stop treating it like we lost 1-0 to Motherwell, when in reality this was actually the second leg of a tie that was effectively lost 4 months ago when we shipped 3 away goals.

That being said, some of what’s been written about Morelos has been pretty shocking, to the point you’d have almost thought he was a scum player as opposed to one of our own. I had to patch the match thread because it became unbearable, tantrums because we were outplayed by a better side with pages upon pages laying into our striker like there’s some sort of personal vendetta against him now.

I notice those who claimed he’s fat have decided to ignore the evidence and just stubbornly stand by their early (and completely unfounded) accusations and stories anyway. To think these are some of the same guys who championed jokers like Josh WIndass and Barry McKay in recent years, players who put in half arsed displays with regularity.

My favourite bit of the thread was magic de boer deciding to just invent his own interpretation of Morelos’ post for the sole purpose of creating a scenario here he was defying Gerrard with a snide post. Brilliant stuff all round. For what it’s worth, with Roofe and Itten in, I’d now like to see him sold. I’d say it’s best for all parties assuming a reasonable fee, because he’s struggling a little now, some fans have really turned on him, he’ll never get a fair crack from officials or the media in this back water, and we have (I think) an able replacement in Roofe. It’s definitely time, unless he really hits form serious form and fast.....

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what Jonathan David has done to justify a £27m price tag that lille seem willing to pay, but at the same time scratching around trying to get morelos for about £10m less?

Really don't understand why players coming out of Scottish football in particular command such low fees. The Belgian league isn't exactly blockbuster stuff... I find it really strange that there is this fascination with continental leagues which automatically results in players commanding high fees

It could be a bad picture but compare his face to what he looked like against Feyenoord.

Plenty of factors here tbh. Hes always had what looks like a chubby face and seems to me like he naturally holds alot of water weight in his face and it comes and goes. Also you have to take into account the different fit of the kits from the manufacturer. As this new kit does seem tigher on most players than the kit in the picture did. Also allow has the body type that he will always look chunky. Is he heavier than last season ? Yes but I would say by no more that 7/8lbs not 2 stone that people on here like to claim. If he came back that much overweight then there's no way gerrard would have him in the team until he got himself in shape. To me this is similar to Lampard and how he was called fat all through his career despite being anything but fat

Can someone explain to me what Jonathan David has done to justify a £27m price tag that lille seem willing to pay, but at the same time scratching around trying to get morelos for about £10m less?

Really don't understand why players coming out of Scottish football in particular command such low fees. The Belgian league isn't exactly blockbuster stuff... I find it really strange that there is this fascination with continental leagues which automatically results in players commanding high fees
Part of the reason is probably that we have nearly always given our players away along with every other team in the league apart from celtic. The sooner the rest of the league starts demanding proper value for their players then then fees will start to go up imo

I’ll be honest and say I wasn’t particularly impressed with his performance against Leverkusen because it did look like the half arsed display of a player who has been caught in two minds, but then I could say that about a good few of them because he wants the only one who didn’t appear to stretch himself on the night. I also think we need to remember the quality of opposition and stop treating it like we lost 1-0 to Motherwell, when in reality this was actually the second leg of a tie that was effectively lost 4 months ago when we shipped 3 away goals.

That being said, some of what’s been written about Morelos has been pretty shocking, to the point you’d have almost thought he was a scum player as opposed to one of our own. I had to patch the match thread because it became unbearable, tantrums because we were outplayed by a better side with pages upon pages laying into our striker like there’s some sort of personal vendetta against him now.

I notice those who claimed he’s fat have decided to ignore the evidence and just stubbornly stand by their early (and completely unfounded) accusations and stories anyway. To think these are some of the same guys who championed jokers like Josh WIndass and Barry McKay in recent years, players who put in half arsed displays with regularity.

My favourite bit of the thread was magic de boer deciding to just invent his own interpretation of Morelos’ post for the sole purpose of creating a scenario here he was defying Gerrard with a snide post. Brilliant stuff all round. For what it’s worth, with Roofe and Itten in, I’d now like to see him sold. I’d say it’s best for all parties assuming a reasonable fee, because he’s struggling a little now, some fans have really turned on him, he’ll never get a fair crack from officials or the media in this back water, and we have (I think) an able replacement in Roofe. It’s definitely time, unless he really hits form serious form and fast.....
My life stops an hour before Rangers play until an hour after it. Has done for 30 odd years.
Unless it's a euro away game then its 3 or 4 days written off.
Hours daily, looking for the latest news.
Time spent on other football is almost zero.

But It's getting to the stage I hope the lad goes for his benefit.

Our fans. Other fans. Officials. All after him.

Personally, I'd love him to stay and help us to 55.
But he deserves a lot better I feel.

Last edited:
Plenty of factors here tbh. Hes always had what looks like a chubby face and seems to me like he naturally holds alot of water weight in his face and it comes and goes. Also you have to take into account the different fit of the kits from the manufacturer. As this new kit does seem tigher on most players than the kit in the picture did. Also allow has the body type that he will always look chunky. Is he heavier than last season ? Yes but I would say by no more that 7/8lbs not 2 stone that people on here like to claim. If he came back that much overweight then there's no way gerrard would have him in the team until he got himself in shape. To me this is similar to Lampard and how he was called fat all through his career despite being anything but fat

Water weight in his face....come on mate

[Morelos has] always had what looks like a chubby face and seems to me like he naturally holds alot of water weight in his face and it comes and goes.

Is he heavier than last season ? Yes but I would say by no more that 7/8lbs not 2 stone that people on here like to claim.
I also feel that he is holding a fair amount of "water weight" at the moment, most likely as a result of over-consuming carbohydrates. Nonetheless, in my opinion, he's not far away from where he needs to be, and he could lose that excess weight very quickly by reducing his carbs (complex and sugary) while continuing to train hard.

Personally, I am not too worried about him, as I think this is a problem that can be fixed quickly with the right application. It could take as little as 1-2 weeks. I hope he understands that it is in his interests to get into the right shape to continue to deliver for Rangers.

Last edited:

I agree with you but when we saw the total abuse you directed at Windass then it strikes me you have flexible standards.

I agree that Morelos has a body type that is prone to put on mass quickly.

I also feel that he is holding a fair amount of "water weight" at the moment, and that he could lose this pretty quickly by reducing his carbs (complex and sugary) and creatine (if he is taking this), while continuing to train as usual.

Personally, I am not too worried about him, as I think this is a problem that can be fixed quickly with the right application.
100% mate but according to some on here you can't hold water in your face apparently

Aye some folk have a cheek considering the amount of posts on here asking about XL and XXL sizing in regards to the new Rangers strips and training gear
Aye but those people ain’t up front against Leverkeusen

I would like to see the fat watchers fit into Alfredos top be funny when he scores a hat trick today.

The guys a professional sportsman and looks out of shape to which a blind man could see, pure and simple!!!! He has a face the shape of a Mitre delta and if he lost about 8kgs he would be in prime condition.

Now Gerrard has options he thinks are capable Alfie will be getting the rough end of the stick but my biggest fear here is his petulant huffy attitude goes into overdrive with help from his agent and it becomes a club v player transfer stand off.

The guys a professional sportsman and looks out of shape to which a blind man could see, pure and simple!!!! He has a face the shape of a Mitre delta and if he lost about 8kgs he would be in prime condition.

Now Gerrard has options he thinks are capable Alfie will be getting the rough end of the stick but my biggest fear here is his petulant huffy attitude goes into overdrive with help from his agent and it becomes a club v player transfer stand off.

Yes and we still needed him to win at Aberdeen.

Hes a bit out of shape id say but it could be hes bulked up on the weights or something. Kamara and Tav also look bigger and its not fat

Hes a bit out of shape id say but it could be hes bulked up on the weights or something. Kamara and Tav also look bigger and its not fat

Yes and I said now Gerrard has options as in alternatives to playing him with players he sees able not the likes of Stewart etc!!!

The guys physical condition is horrendous for someone choking for a BIG move.

Bulked up!?! Aye he has done that alright and not a chance in hell u can compare him to Tav and Kamara as they are lean and toned, not chubby. Aribo is another one who has bulked up the proper way as has Katic.

Bulking up doesn't mean eating as much protein and lifting as much weights as you can, it needs structured and managed properly.

I think all the players look to have been hitting the weights in preparation for this season, which can be a good thing when players are already technically talented. (i.e., adding a layer of strength to technical ability can be useful, the most famous example being Ronaldo at Man Utd a number of years ago.)

On Alfredo (who has been brilliant for us by the way):

I can only go by what I see in matches. From his most recent two matches (Aberdeen and Leverkusen), to me, he seems to have gone a bit overboard with his carbs. If he cuts those back and trains hard, he'll be back in the right shape in no time at all (I'm talking in as little as 1-2 weeks).

Last edited:
For a fanbase that cries when the club store sells out of triple XL's we do dig our players out for being a fraction overweight on here a fair bit. Fat Shame Loyal RSC

Is Morelos a little overweight? Yes. Is he grossly out of shape for a pro footballer? Not a bloody chance. He's always been quite chunky, even once the season is in full swing imo.

Once he leaves, be it this summer or in the not so distant future. I want everyone to remember that we labelled him an 'overweight disgrace'. Not the 'mhedia' but us.

Couldn't believe what I was reading at times on Thursday night. For a forum that claims they despise the mainstream press in Scotland. A swathe of you, bloody love to parrot back the talking points they've been spreading about Morelos for the last few years.

So do people not hold water in their face ?

Anyone denying that Morelos is overweight for a professional athlete seriously needs to get a grip, he is overweight and trying to argue otherwise is foolish. More importantly he is now disinterested and he wants to move. It’s time.

Rangers fans inventing translations to attack Rangers players, is a new low. An obsession amongst our own to be proven righ, that Alfie isnt a big money player, is poetesque. What purpose does it even serve? I honestly hope the guy gets peace from this soon. Instead of having absolute nonentities trolling his pictures to show people how fat he is, or kidding on they know spanish, to attack him. Its tiresome

Anyone denying that Morelos is overweight for a professional athlete seriously needs to get a grip, he is overweight and trying to argue otherwise is pathetic.

I'd argue he comes back at the start of every pre season/season opener a tad tubby. Usually takes him until about the 3rd ELQ until he begins to slim down.

I think it's a major issue for most now because he's not scoring and he wants to leave the club.

Part of the reason is probably that we have nearly always given our players away along with every other team in the league apart from celtic. The sooner the rest of the league starts demanding proper value for their players then then fees will start to go up imo
I said the same when quite a few on here were scoffing livi wanted 2 million for dykes their most valuable asset.
For far to long Scottish clubs have sold on the cheap.
How many players have we spent millions on and had to pay them to leave.
I'm Glad we are being smarter.

I'd argue he comes back at the start of every pre season/season opener a tad tubby. Usually takes him until about the 3rd ELQ until he begins to slim down.

I think it's a major issue for most now because he's not scoring and he wants to leave the club.

fair enough.

Find it disappointing how many have turned on Alfie, has his form not been the best as of late? I would say so. But he sets up the only goal against Aberdeen last weekend and in my opinion I still think he's giving his all. Yes he should be judged by the goals he scores but I think some people should remember some of the important goals he scored like Legia.
Its shocking that we turn on our own, he has been brilliant for us since he came.
Short memories from some.

I genuinely couldn't see it at first but the other night was the first time it looked like he was slightly overweight.

He's slightly overweight I'd say but that's it. never done gazza any harm did it. He'll still be fit as %^*& though. The problem I have with him is that he simply isn't trying like he used to. Needs to get his finger out big time and remember who's paying him his big bucks..if he doesn't then the fans that still have his back will turn on him.

only my opinion but he’s about 4-5 kilos overweight, As for specifics I wouldn’t know.
Opinions fair enough mate, I wouldn't say you need to get a grip or are foolish for that though.

He does look like he's carrying more weight but the truth is none of us actually know where he is in that regard or how it compares to what his weight should be.

Opinions fair enough mate, I wouldn't say you need to get a grip or are foolish for that though.

He does look like he's carrying more weight but the truth is none of us actually know where he is in that regard or how it compares to what his weight should be.
His actual weight is irrelevant. He is clearly not in peak physical shape which is criminal giving we were playing the other night for a chance to reach the last 8 of European competition

No matter what on this forum even if you have a cast iron fact there will always be someone willing to argue the toss. I stick by what I said originally.

His actual weight is irrelevant. He is clearly not in peak physical shape which is criminal giving we were playing the other night for a chance to reach the last 8 of European competition
It's the second game of the season.

There isn't a player in the squad who is in peak physical shape right now.

And all this stuff about "clearly not fit" or "clearly overweight" why are our management team and conditioning coaches not seeing this?
I'm more concerned that fans on a messageboard are "clearly" seeing things they can't.

It's the second game of the season.

There isn't a player in the squad who is in peak physical shape right now.

And all this stuff about "clearly not fit" or "clearly overweight" why are our management team and conditioning coaches not seeing this?
I'm more concerned that fans on a messageboard are "clearly" seeing things they can't.

Was he not put doing specialist conditioning sessions with the coaches after arriving back from Colombia?

Who would you have played on Thursday night if not Morelos?

Back