Morelos

His record in europe is amazing but, to use a Gerry McNee term call me 'parochial', as i want to see us start winning the league and cups in Scotland again and we're not doing that often enough with Morelos as our main striker.

Every season there's an issue of some sorts with him.
Get rid of Morelos bring in another striker and we magically start winning leagues and cups all the time - you think that’s how it will work?

Certain paper today I know think s Alfredo will sign a extension
time will tell

I’m happy to keep Morelos, but if the new deal means he’s picking up close to £40K per week then I fear it’s a wrong move for the club.

Having said that…. The positive reaction from Morelos (and Kamara, Kent, Sakala) since we got rid of Gio and brought in Beale is fantastic.

If we can find the version of Morelos that existed in the two spells of Jul-Dec 18/19 and Jul-Dec 19/20 then we’re onto an absolute winner.
The version of Morelos outwith those spells isn’t worth the rumoured wages imo.

11 transfer windows and we’ve not been able to find a striker anywhere near Morelos,just shows you how hard the position is to fill - makes it even more ridiculous some on here think it’s a good idea for him to walk out the door for nothing!!
Being able to identify a better striker and being able to afford to buy said striker are very different things.

We were not in a position to sign another striker unless Roofe and Morelos, and thier relatively chunky wages, are moved on.

It's obviously not that simple but a new number 9 who fits MB style and can finish would improve us massively.
I am far more more confident of signing a better standard of forward under Beale if Morelos leave.

It is the hardest position on the pitch imo - even West Ham with all the riches they’ve got have signed 53 and 22 of them never scored a single goal under their current board or some crazy stat like that.

It's obviously not that simple but a new number 9 who fits MB style and can finish would improve us massively.
It seems to be relatively simple for other clubs that regularly sign strikers who score more than him in the SPFL every year, maybe our scouting has to improve.
We have done it with Colak till his injury right enough.

11 transfer windows and we’ve not been able to find a striker anywhere near Morelos,just shows you how hard the position is to fill - makes it even more ridiculous some on here think it’s a good idea for him to walk out the door for nothing!!

We haven't tried to find a like-for-like replacement though, why would we?

But we've had Roofe and Defoe outscore him domestically.

Get rid of Morelos bring in another striker and we magically start winning leagues and cups all the time - you think that’s how it will work?

Well we're not exactly winning loads of league trophies with Alfie as our main striker are we? And the year we did win it, it was Roofe who was banging in the goals for us.

Not saying he is the only reason of course, but something has to give and the no.9 area is definitely an area of the pitch we need to improve on more generally.

Last edited:
Well we're not exactly winning loads of league trophies with Alfie as our main striker are we?

Not saying he is the only reason of course, but something has to give and the no.9 area is definitely a pitch we need to improve on more generally.
Morelos is so far from the problem we’ve not been as successful as we could have been (since we’ve been competitive again with them)

I agree 100% we need to improve on the number 9 area - the reason we have relied so heavily on Morelos is because we’ve failed miserably with signings one way or another in that position for as long as he’s been here.

Morelos is so far from the problem we’ve not been as successful as we could have been (since we’ve been competitive again with them)

I agree 100% we need to improve on the number 9 area - the reason we have relied so heavily on Morelos is because we’ve failed miserably with signings one way or another in that position for as long as he’s been here.

Hmmm, not sure about that - his domestic goalscoring record would suggest he is a big part of the reason why we've not been as successful domestically as we'd hoped in the last 5 years.

Hmmm, not sure about that - his domestic goalscoring record would suggest he is a big part of the reason why we've not been as successful domestically as we'd hoped in the last 5 years.
Playing centre midfielders at centre half - not spending any money in the middle of the park for god knows how many years - not addressing the wide right area for as long as we can remember - not having anyone of real quality to replace Morelos when he’s not been there or out of form…just a few reasons imo.

Of course we would love a striker who scores 30 a season but they don’t grow on trees as we have found.

Talking utter rubbish, Morelos hasn't been close to leaving since he signed and we have had other strikers that have done really well in terms of goals.

Don't really get the point your trying to make except your usual over the top defence and championing of Morelos.

Disagree, he's a large part of it. We sadly hung our hat on him and every single season he let's us down whether it's a blistering start and then checking out half way through the season, or, being so unfit he literally cannot run.

We've shown him loyalty, gave him regular improved contracts, extra time off, accommodated his international jollies, made him our top earner (until recently) and he takes the utter piss.

If the board are even considering improved terms, then they someone needs to have a word. You simply cannot reward his conduct / behaviour.

Time to move on.

Good points

Playing centre midfielders at centre half - not spending any money in the middle of the park for god knows how many years - not addressing the wide right area for as long as we can remember - not having anyone of real quality to replace Morelos when he’s not been there or out of form…just a few reasons imo.

Of course we would love a striker who scores 30 a season but they don’t grow on trees as we have found.
Spot on

Disagree, he's a large part of it. We sadly hung our hat on him and every single season he let's us down whether it's a blistering start and then checking out half way through the season, or, being so unfit he literally cannot run.

We've shown him loyalty, gave him regular improved contracts, extra time off, accommodated his international jollies, made him our top earner (until recently) and he takes the utter piss.

If the board are even considering improved terms, then they someone needs to have a word. You simply cannot reward his conduct / behaviour.

Time to move on.
The most important man at Ibrox disagrees…

Time to move on.
Morelos let us down against legia Warsaw
Middjaland Dortmund Porto feyernood Sparta Prague Red star Belgrade to name a few with his goals

Talking utter rubbish, Morelos hasn't been close to leaving since he signed and we have had other strikers that have done really well in terms of goals.

Don't really get the point your trying to make except your usual over the top defence and championing of Morelos.
Nothing wrong in defending our top scorer in Europe ever

Europe isnt the problem, it's domestically where the problem lies.
Maybe we need center forward s along with Alfredo that are not injured all time Roofe
Itten didn't get a chance as he wasn't the answer and Colak hopefully gets more games
Defoe and Joe Garner were others brought in

Maybe some don’t believe he’s as good as others would have you believe?
I occasionally criticise our players, I am also not shy in pointing out their faults, although I also try to balance the opinion by citing their qualities.
I never, however, make it my aim to spend half my time on here or anywhere else pursuing a campaign of abject hate for any player of any other team, never mind one of our own.

Funnily enough, in the League, this season goal contribution per minute is looking like his best so far.
Season: Minutes per goal / Minutes per contribution (Goal or assist)
22/23: 116 / 80
21/22: 192 / 117
20/21: 173 / 130
19/20: 136 / 126
18/19: 122 / 105
17/18: 180 / 126

But people are still saying he's worse now than he ever was.
I actually don't need statistics to understand what I watch.
But your fine post just gets it right up his critics.
Well done.

It's a legitimate argument why would a scum fan in Walker want a striker who scores against them regularly?
Trolling what you do and continue to do under this new monicker.

Do the support who champion Morelos time and time again as he lets us down not want us to improve and sign a striker who can actually score regularly against them?
Of course you want to sign someone better who doesn’t have Alfredo’s bad bits.
The trouble is there are no guarantees.
Think of the other centre forwards bought during Alfredo’s time.
Personally I think warts and all Alfredo has been the best.

Bottom line is MB wants to sign him and the ball is in Alfredo’s court as he holds all the cards.
It doesn’t matter a jot what you I or anybody else thinks.
I do know I’ll support whatever happens at end of season.

Of course you want to sign someone better who doesn’t have Alfredo’s bad bits.
The trouble is there are no guarantees.
Think of the other centre forwards bought during Alfredo’s time.
Personally I think warts and all Alfredo has been the best.

Bottom line is MB wants to sign him and the ball is in Alfredo’s court as he holds all the cards.
It doesn’t matter a jot what you I or anybody else thinks.
I do know I’ll support whatever happens at end of season.
In Beale we trust
Spot on

Back