Morelos

No, when he fcks up, he deserves criticism.
Just as when he does well he deserves praise.
But some of what is being spouted on here goes away beyond casual criticism.
as far as I've seen the posters criticising Morelos have all been fair
valid points.

His disciplinary issues, which is evident to all, coming back unfit in multiple seasons.

Hes only just starting to lose that belly halfway through the season.

There's many other issues I could point out but I really can't be arsed as it's the same back and forth again and again in this place.

as far as I've seen the posters criticising Morelos have all been fair
valid points.

His disciplinary issues, which is evident to all, coming back unfit in multiple seasons.

Hes only just starting to lose that belly halfway through the season.

There's many other issues I could point out but I really can't be arsed as it's the same back and forth again and again in this place.
Really?
Popping into a thread to give a bit of fair criticism is one thing, however, ripping into it relentlessly like a pitbull determined to slaughter a Rangers player is quite something different.
Some on here must grind their teeth when the lad scores goals for Rangers or delivers a telling pass.

Really?
Popping into a thread to give a bit of fair criticism is one thing, however, ripping into it relentlessly like a pitbull determined to slaughter a Rangers player is quite something different.
Some on here must grind their teeth when the lad scores goals for Rangers or delivers a telling pass.
I for one enjoy any times he scores, I seriously doubt anyone on here doesn't enjoy Morelos scoring goals.

Of course you want to sign someone better who doesn’t have Alfredo’s bad bits.
The trouble is there are no guarantees.
Think of the other centre forwards bought during Alfredo’s time.
Personally I think warts and all Alfredo has been the best.

Bottom line is MB wants to sign him and the ball is in Alfredo’s court as he holds all the cards.
It doesn’t matter a jot what you I or anybody else thinks.
I do know I’ll support whatever happens at end of season.
I want someone who keeps himself fit acts professionally and can score goals against them none of them is Morelos.
I think some supporters refuse to move forward and then complain when they win everything.

Morelos does not hold the cards as no one wants to sign him or he would not still be here six years in.

I want someone who keeps himself fit acts professionally and can score goals against them none of them is Morelos.
I think some supporters refuse to move forward and then complain when they win everything.

Morelos does not hold the cards as no one wants to sign him or he would not still be here six years in.
You would get a more appreciative audience on a Tim Board.
But you sure are a trier.

What about the very large amount of supporters that chant his name when he scores , myself included . Fit and firing, his stats are difficult to argue against . Dicipline, when was he last sent off ? I cant remember ...
Our support was singing for Gio a wee while ago as well it happens.

You cant remember the Hibs game?

You seem to have lost the plot on this issue now everyone who has an opinion should post on a beast board, surely an English boy that you refer to them as Tims?
As no one in Scotland uses a pet name they use themselves.
Good try mate, but it isn't me that is on a Rangers Board spending his time in slagging off a Rangers player as if his life depended on it.
Look at your posts on this thread, ... do you want me to list them?
Criticising Morelos is one thing but making it your day job is something else again.
I am on here defending a Rangers player and you think that makes me a Tim and English into the bargain?
Aye right.

I occasionally criticise our players, I am also not shy in pointing out their faults, although I also try to balance the opinion by citing their qualities.
I never, however, make it my aim to spend half my time on here or anywhere else pursuing a campaign of abject hate for any player of any other team, never mind one of our own.
Yeah neither do I

As with all our players, I praise when merited and criticise when merited.

There’s only one player though that when criticised by fans, and this dates back to 2/3 seasons ago too, posters are rounded on by folk that believe Morelos can do no wrong. It’s cult like weirdo behaviour.

If he plays poor, say he plays poor. If he’s not behaving himself, call it for what it is rather than look to blame ex managers, the media, opposition fans, referees, Keith Jackson etc.

Good try mate, but it isn't me that is on a Rangers Board spending his time in slagging off a Rangers player as if his life depended on it.
Look at your posts on this thread, ... do you want me to list them?
Criticising Morelos is one thing but making it your day job is something else again.
I am on here defending a Rangers player and you think that makes me a Tim and English into the bargain?
Aye right.
No one slagging him at all I'm given my opinion on him You seem unable to debate that so are saying my views would be better on a tim board.
You are allowed an opinion on here not just opinions you agree with.

List them if you like.

Ok, you've reminded me about the hivs game, but you'll have to go back quite a long time till the last. I think we'll struggle to replace him..
Fair enough I disagree. Other teams can find players who regularly score more goals than him in our league.
My opinion on here will not decide whether or not we sign him it's just my opinion.

What bit about freedom of movement do you not get?
Don’t mean to be disrespectful but Alfredo can sign for any club and get himself a signing on fee and wages at any club who are interested.
I imagine the USA market closer to home might appeal plus other markets.

I think you are being naive if you don’t think Alfredo would be unable to get a club.
A Colombian International for nada ffs.

It’s not about being unable to move forward but there is a realism about the situation you are unwilling or unable to grasp including obtaining a suitable replacement.

Yeah neither do I

As with all our players, I praise when merited and criticise when merited.

There’s only one player though that when criticised by fans, and this dates back to 2/3 seasons ago too, posters are rounded on by folk that believe Morelos can do no wrong. It’s cult like weirdo behaviour.

If he plays poor, say he plays poor. If he’s not behaving himself, call it for what it is rather than look to blame ex managers, the media, opposition fans, referees, Keith Jackson etc.
Yes well someone posted this season's stats above.
It looks like he is coming into a bit of form.
Now you can fill your boots praising him.
I and the rest of the support will wait with bated breath.

What bit about freedom of movement do you not get?
Don’t mean to be disrespectful but Alfredo can sign for any club and get himself a signing on fee and wages at any club who are interested.
I imagine the USA market closer to home might appeal plus other markets.

I think you are being naive if you don’t think Alfredo would be unable to get a club.
A Colombian International for nada ffs.

It’s not about being unable to move forward but there is a realism about the situation you are unwilling or unable to grasp including obtaining a suitable replacement.
I do not think he will play for our level of the club again.
Yes someone can sign him that's true but he's been available for very little in January and no ones bit.

What's his record playing for Columbia?
Do you think it would be sensible to give him a long-term contract with bonuses which could cost us 6-8 million rather than buy someone else or even two players?

I do not think he will play for our level of the club again.
Yes someone can sign him that's true but he's been available for very little in January and no ones bit.

What's his record playing for Columbia?
Do you think it would be sensible to give him a long-term contract with bonuses which could cost us 6-8 million rather than buy someone else or even two players?
If we buy someone else of the calibre of Alfredo we can expect to lay out a sizeable transfer plus similar wages to what Alfredo receives which is likely to cost more than him.
We could risk going cheaper and get an Itten price player but the total financial package would still be in the same price range.
Potentially a downgrade.

His record for Colombia is not a major factor but a mug does not get a Cap for Colombia and his CV would attract clubs.
He doesn’t need to go to a major league or club to get decent wages.eg USA/China.

Also MB has already said he wants Alfredo to sign another deal as he recognises the plusses so you’ll need to like it or lump it depending on what Alfredo decides.
People can whine all they like but that’s the bottom line.!

Yes well someone posted this season's stats above.
It looks like he is coming into a bit of form.
Now you can fill your boots praising him.
I and the rest of the support will wait with bated breath.
Let’s see how he performs in the coming weeks before folk get excited and claim the 2019 player is back after 1 good game at Tynecastle. We are into February and still don’t have a peak condition Morelos and have paid him £30k a week for 9 league goals to date. Not exactly value for money.

Let’s hope he’ll show up at Hampden against that lot this time too given he froze against them in the last league cup final and effectively blew our chances of winning it with multiple missed chances and a penalty miss.

If we buy someone else of the calibre of Alfredo we can expect to lay out a sizeable transfer plus similar wages to what Alfredo receives which is likely to cost more than him.
We could risk going cheaper and get an Itten price player but the total financial package would still be in the same price range.
Potentially a downgrade.

His record for Colombia is not a major factor but a mug does not get a Cap for Colombia and his CV would attract clubs.
He doesn’t need to go to a major league or club to get decent wages.eg USA/China.

Also MB has already said he wants Alfredo to sign another deal as he recognises the plusses so you’ll need to like it or lump it depending on what Alfredo decides.
We disagree here I think other clubs have consistently brought in strikers who can outscore him in our league, we need to scout better.
We did that with Colak till he, unfortunately, got injured.

Beale also said he's happy with the goalkeepers at the club as well, it's called man management.

Listening to Beales interviews I think Kent is more his priority signing I could be wrong though we will see soon enough.

Do you think we should give morelos more money and a three or four year deal?

What about the very large amount of supporters that chant his name when he scores , myself included . Fit and firing, his stats are difficult to argue against . Dicipline, when was he last sent off ? I cant remember ...
Discipline isn’t just yellow and red cards. Discipline as a professional athlete, diet, lifestyle, ambition, self motivation, being a good team-mate, respect. The list goes on and over the years with Morelos it’s generally been poor.

He can completely re-energise his standing as a Rangers player and also his own reputation if he turns up the heat and delivers in this final. That game alone might just be the second coming of Morelos. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Potentially a downgrade.

I keep reading that we’ll have to pay a lot of money and in wages for a Morelos replacement.

That lot have brought in the Greek striker and Kyogo. Neither will have been on massive wages compared to Morelos and IIRC, the Greek cost around £3m max. Both of them have scored consistently for the tims.

The idea that Morelos couldn’t be replaced unless we spend many many millions is utter pish.

I keep reading that we’ll have to pay a lot of money and in wages for a Morelos replacement.

That lot have brought in the Greek striker and Kyogo. Neither will have been on massive wages compared to Morelos and IIRC, the Greek cost around £3m max. Both of them have scored consistently for the tims.

The idea that Morelos couldn’t be replaced unless we spend many many millions is utter pish.
I think Beales has someone in mind anyway all his interviews point to that.

We disagree here I think other clubs have consistently brought in strikers who can outscore him in our league, we need to scout better.
We did that with Colak till he, unfortunately, got injured.

Beale also said he's happy with the goalkeepers at the club as well, it's called man management.

Listening to Beales interviews I think Kent is more his priority signing I could be wrong though we will see soon enough.

Do you think we should give morelos more money and a three or four year deal?
Other clubs but what about this club??
Who have we brought in that’s been better than Alfredo?
What is the likelihood that we will recruit better given who we have brought in during his time ?
It’s a gamble.

Colak is a penalty box striker and his goal scoring tremendous while Alfredo offers a different skillset.
Both integral in their own way to the playing squad.
His role within the team seems to be recognised by MB and he has publicly stated he wants both Kent and Morelos.
No ambiguity and no I want one more than another.

What I would do contract wise is irrelevant and I have no doubt our scouting team will be looking at alternatives as they should as Alfredo may not sign another contract.
My guess is Alfredo is unlikely to be here by the time the next window transpires.

MB has already said he wants another GK and striker irrespective of Alfredo’s situation.
Can’t wait till we sign Mcburnie.haha

Correct even when he doesn't score
Alfredo getting his name belted out in semi final

The point is it certainly is unlikely to be a cheaper option than Alfredo.
If the Greek cost £3m transfer fee add a 4 year deal wages @20k per week is another £4m roughly.
Strikers are pricy generally.
Itten was £3m

Other clubs but what about this club??
Who have we brought in that’s been better than Alfredo?
What is the likelihood that we will recruit better given who we have brought in during his time ?
It’s a gamble.

Colak is a penalty box striker and his goal scoring tremendous while Alfredo offers a different skillset.
Both integral in their own way to the playing squad.
His role within the team seems to be recognised by MB and he has publicly stated he wants both Kent and Morelos.
No ambiguity and no I want one more than another.

What I would do contract wise is irrelevant and I have no doubt our scouting team will be looking at alternatives as they should as Alfredo may not sign another contract.
My guess is Alfredo is unlikely to be here by the time the next window transpires.

MB has already said he wants another GK and striker irrespective of Alfredo’s situation.
Can’t wait till we sign Mcburnie.haha
But we have to compete in the league with the other clubs, who all seem to be able to scout players who all score more than Morelos.
With the league being decided by us and them, we do need a striker who scores against them and that's not Morelos as he's only scored two in twenty-odds.
Colak will get us more goals than Morelos as well, yes they are different types of players as is Roofe.

I think we will see a new striker in the summer and Morelos will move on this is only my opinion.

I think we have gone back and forward on this enough to know we will not agree I can accept your opinion although its not an opinion I agree with.

Last edited:
Why Hibs have never won against us under GVB.
I was in Sandy Jardine stand that night near spoonburners and heard them singing and thought they were just trying to make a point or wind up because we were losing at time under Beale
We had the last laugh and think Alfredo scored that night lol

Last edited:

So going by your logic we should all be levelling the same amount of criticism to the likes of Andy Goram who wasn’t exactly known for keeping himself in good shape rather than view him as our greatest ever goalie.

The point is it certainly is unlikely to be a cheaper option than Alfredo.
If the Greek cost £3m transfer fee add a 4 year deal wages @20k per week is another £4m roughly.
Strikers are pricy generally.
Itten was £3m

He was on nothing close to £20k a week. He basically left due to his shite wages.

So going by your logic we should all be levelling the same amount of criticism to the likes of Andy Goram who wasn’t exactly known for keeping himself in good shape rather than view him as our greatest ever goalie.
No. Guys like Goram and Gazza had issues with fitness and professionalism for sure. Could we hang our hat on them when it came to big games, delivering trophies and getting things over the line? Usually, yes. Also, when they caused issues they were transfer listed and one was sold. So by that logic they were dealt with.

Morelos came back overweight for the millionth time in a row this season and missed CL qualifiers. He also doesn't have anywhere near the same credit in the bank as heroes like Goram did.

I'll never understand the never ending excuses people where here will give to Morelos. From open goal misses to the most stupid yellow and red cards to him being evidently unfit you'll have a host of people on here claim it is all a myth and he is fine and everyone is out to get him, including our own support and management. Odd.

Aye. Our greatest ever keeper whilst he had some flaws, he was dependable on the park and Walter dealt with him appropriately if he stepped out of line.

Major part of our 9iar and you’re honestly trying to make a defence of Morelos by using Goram as an example. Utterly laughable given one player won loads with us and consistently turned up in old firm games whilst Morelos has had the same amount of red cards as he does goals in old firms.

No. Guys like Goram and Gazza had issues with fitness and professionalism for sure. Could we hang our hat on them when it came to big games, delivering trophies and getting things over the line? Usually, yes. Also, when they caused issues they were transfer listed and one was sold. So by that logic they were dealt with.

Morelos came back overweight for the millionth time in a row this season and missed CL qualifiers. He also doesn't have anywhere near the same credit in the bank as heroes like Goram did.

I'll never understand the never ending excuses people where here will give to Morelos. From open goal misses to the most stupid yellow and red cards to him being evidently unfit you'll have a host of people on here claim it is all a myth and he is fine and everyone is out to get him, including our own support and management. Odd.
So any fitness professionalism or attitude problems with any other players are fine as long as they won trophies?

Now that is odd.

So any fitness professionalism or attitude problems with any other players are fine as long as they won trophies?

Now that is odd.

Generally yes, because football is about trophies. When we’re winning, all manner of foibles are overlooked and excused.

If Alfie scores in the LC Final, for example, or takes his chances vs St Johnstone in the SC in the 55 season, then it’s a different view.

Arguably harsh. And he’s certainly not the only one.

But if we’re considering making a player one of our highest-paid and on a multiple year contract, then it has to be looked at closely.

Generally yes, because football is about trophies. When we’re winning, all manner of foibles are overlooked and excused.

If Alfie scores in the LC Final, for example, or takes his chances vs St Johnstone in the SC in the 55 season, then it’s a different view.

Arguably harsh. And he’s certainly not the only one.

But if we’re considering making a player one of our highest-paid and on a multiple year contract, then it has to be looked at closely.
Hypocritical is what it’s called.

How many goals or trophies do you need for Follow Follows forgiveness on any of these issues?

Should listen to the manager he has said many times he wants to keep Morelos and Kent as recently as the press conference before Tynecastle - He also said he wants another Centre half should Goldson be worried?!
No but maybe Davies should.

Beale has bigged up every single player in the team. Do you think he plans to keep them all? I don't.

He needs everyone, including those OOC, as confident as possible and contributing until the summer. He's done a great job at that.

I would read too much into it in terms of who's here and who isn't once the summer window closes.

I suspect Beale will reckon he could get a more reliable, fitter and a better finisher for the wages Morelos wants and he'll let him go.

No but maybe Davies should.

Beale has bigged up every single player in the team. Do you think he plans to keep them all? I don't.

He needs everyone, including those OOC, as confident as possible and contributing until the summer. He's done a great job at that.

I would read too much into it in terms of who's here and who isn't once the summer window closes.

I suspect Beale will reckon he could get a more reliable, fitter and a better finisher for the wages Morelos wants and he'll let him go.
Davies who we just signed for £4m?

I suspect Morelos will stay and continue to annoy the life out of certain posters on here.

Back