Morelos

So any fitness professionalism or attitude problems with any other players are fine as long as they won trophies?

Now that is odd.
Who were they fine for? Gazza got sold and Goram was transfer listed. After both being some of our our greatest ever teams.

Morelos does it time and time again with one medal in his belt.

Ah, I got it, you're going out of your way to defend Morelos over the club despite everything. Got it.

Hypocritical is what it’s called.

How many goals or trophies do you need for Follow Follows forgiveness on any of these issues?
Surely you can’t be surprised?

Football is littered with unprofessional players who have been indulged by their clubs because of what they can do on the field.

Otherwise what criteria are you using to decide whether a player gets a new contract?

Well aye kinda...

If players aren't exactly the model professional but still turn it on when it matters then you allow them more leeway.

Surprised you're surprised at that.
So Rangers all time European scorer who has made the club multi millions - also helped win one of the clubs most important titles in our history and help them to a European final.

When does that guy get leeway from guys like yourself?

So Rangers all time European scorer who has made the club multi millions - also helped win one of the clubs most important titles in our history and help them to a European final.

When does that guy get leeway from guys like yourself?
Lol

Within a few posts you say Goram and Gazza shouldn't get leeway for winning countless medals but Morelos should. Superb.

Genuinely though, I feel for you when next season you'll be VPN'd out your nut trying to watch him in whatever league he ends up in.

Lol

Within a few posts you say Goram and Gazza shouldn't get leeway for winning countless medals but Morelos should. Superb.

Genuinely though, I feel for you when next season you'll be VPN'd out your nut trying to watch him in whatever league he ends up in.
I said Goram and Gazza shouldn’t get Leeway… Really?

I said Goram and Gazza shouldn’t get Leeway… Really?
Yes, you compared their allownaces to Morelos's. It's literally here under your name.

BealesBlue&WhiteArmy said:
So any fitness professionalism or attitude problems with any other players are fine as long as they won trophies?

Are you mental, drunk or Alfredo's missus?

Yes, you compared their allownaces to Morelos's. It's literally here under your name.

BealesBlue&WhiteArmy said:

Are you mental, drunk or Alfredo's missus?
I asked was issues with players ok as long as they won trophies.

You’ve still not showed me where I said Gazza n goram shouldn’t get leeway.

You can try again if you like.

Stick or twist dilemma? Its the managers obligation to improve the team. He has to go , and be replaced by a better player. Not easy, but thats what has to happen.
Otherwise we are never going to move up a level.

Does he love the club?
Don’t think so-he seems to love himself imo!
Offer him a one year contract with reduced terms plus bonuses for performance.
Take it or leave with our thanks for the memories
He may get more in the MLS or elsewhere but he will never lay with a bigger club!

Some of our fans borderline hate Morelos and it’s extremely weird. For a £1m signing he has been absolutely colossal for us.

121 goals & our Top euro scorer ever for a guy that’s only scored 1 penalty. So 120 goals from open play - if he took penalties consistently over the last 6 years he’d have 150+ goals. No mean feat in a Rangers jersey.

I would 100% keep him, and Kent for that matter, but if he doesn’t want to stay then he can go. No one is bigger than Rangers.

Some of our fans borderline hate Morelos and it’s extremely weird. For a £1m signing he has been absolutely colossal for us.

121 goals & our Top euro scorer ever for a guy that’s only scored 1 penalty. So 120 goals from open play - if he took penalties consistently over the last 6 years he’d have 150+ goals. No mean feat in a Rangers jersey.

I would 100% keep him, and Kent for that matter, but if he doesn’t want to stay then he can go. No one is bigger than Rangers.
It’s the strangest thing the way a few act on here - they’re a noisy minority tho!

Just that we have a decent amount of folk on here that for sure don’t like him. The match threads are rife with them.
For me, he is a player that needs managed and is now being managed well.
He’s a good player but the reality of his time at Rangers is he’s let the Club, Managers, Players and Fans down too many times and his self imposed fitness and discipline issues are unforgivable over the piece given their frequency.

Rangers indulged him and gave him chance after chance but even this very season we’ve seen him cost us badly with aforementioned issues.

It’s regrettable he’s leaving for nowt as Rangers deserve better given the platform they’ve provided and the sheer number of times he’s been allowed to come back after causing problems.

Were we not in such a desperate situation regarding Strikers I do not think he would or should have been allowed to do so.

Rangers need to stop being desperate and build a Team and Squad of reliable Players.

It’s high time for everyone involved to move on.

He’s a good player but the reality of his time at Rangers is he’s let the Club, Managers, Players and Fans down too many times and his self imposed fitness and discipline issues are unforgivable over the piece given their frequency.

Rangers indulged him and gave him chance after chance but even this very season we’ve seen him cost us badly with aforementioned issues.

It’s regrettable he’s leaving for nowt as Rangers deserve better given the platform they’ve provided and the sheer number of times he’s been allowed to come back after causing problems.

Were we not in such a desperate situation regarding Strikers I do not think he would or should have been allowed to do so.

Rangers need to stop being desperate and build a Team and Squad of reliable Players.

It’s high time for everyone involved to move on.
Yes, time moves on and players change as we improve, some seem terrified of change and are happy to watch them outscore us as they win leagues and cups as we persist with the same broken formula that's not working.
I think Beale has a player in mind given his interviews.

Lol

There will be many Rangers supporter s including myself checking out how Alfredo career is proceeding if it's at another club or here at Rangers
did that with previous Rangers players over last ,40 years

Spot on

He was on nothing close to £20k a week. He basically left due to his shite
He was on nothing close to £20k a week. He basically left due to his shite wages.
And I thought it was because he was a shite player and couldn’t force himself into the team on a regular basis.haha.
Even if Itten 10k a week for the sake of debate is £3m transfer fee and £2m wages=£5m.

The basic point is you can buy players in the £3m price range who turn out to be worse than Alfredo.
For those who highlight Kyogo and Giomakis who score lots of goals then they equally have signed some duds.
It’s an imprecise business and MB clearly thinks that a new deal for Alfredo represents good business for us.
Bottom line end of story.
As I’ve said previously any opinion on that including mine is wholly irrelevant.

Alfredo will make his decision known whenever suits him which I imagine will be dependent on whether he can get a better deal than we are offering.
MB while keen to sign him will be making contingency plans to replace him and already says wants a striker.
Whether to replace Alfredo or add to the strikers we have uncertain and dependent on Alfredo decision.

Mate im a season ticket holder and we were all singing the Gio song at numerous games throughout the season and last. Not sure why you are alluding to it not happening.
I wasn't I just said Hibs fans were singing it as well when we're 2 1 down
We also started signing Gio name at Sparta Prague game and onwards including myself
I'm a season ticket holder as well mate and have been for since ,90 s

Last edited:
No but maybe Davies should.

Beale has bigged up every single player in the team. Do you think he plans to keep them all? I don't.

He needs everyone, including those OOC, as confident as possible and contributing until the summer. He's done a great job at that.

I would read too much into it in terms of who's here and who isn't once the summer window closes.

I suspect Beale will reckon he could get a more reliable, fitter and a better finisher for the wages Morelos wants and he'll let him go.
Aah mind reading MB and disregarding what he has publicly said that we wants Alfredo to sign another contract.
TBF you or I don’t know exactly what is in MB’s mind.

However it won’t easy to replace a player of Alfredo’s calibre for the transfer fee and wages Alfredo would cost IF HE decides to sign.haha

If it was that easy to sign another centre forward who was better than Alfredo despite his flaws why didn’t we do it in that window just gone.
Morelos was the only fit option then.
We also need to wait and see who is available in the next window and what Alfredo does IMO.
MB says he has another striker in mind but maybe you disbelieve that also.

I keep reading that we’ll have to pay a lot of money and in wages for a Morelos replacement.

That lot have brought in the Greek striker and Kyogo. Neither will have been on massive wages compared to Morelos and IIRC, the Greek cost around £3m max. Both of them have scored consistently for the tims.

The idea that Morelos couldn’t be replaced unless we spend many many millions is utter pish.
Yeah, it’s a very embarrassing take.

I can’t believe people are still trotting that line out.

You could turn that the other way.

Some of our fans absolutely love Morelos and put him above the club. They think he can do no wrong and that any criticism of him is unwarranted or that it's everyone else's fault. You've had posters in this thread blaming everyone from Gio to Gerrard because Morelos is unprofessional at times.

You could turn that the other way.

Some of our fans absolutely love Morelos and put him above the club. They think he can do no wrong and that any criticism of him is unwarranted or that it's everyone else's fault. You've had posters in this thread blaming everyone from Gio to Gerrard because Morelos is unprofessional at times.
Why does Rangers supporters supporting a Rangers player get to you so much?

Sorry but we’ve seen him take 1 penalty and it was a huge hand in costing us the league cup.

I wouldn’t be confident of him scoring 30+ penalties if he was penalty taker

For £1m he’s been a great value signing. Only Novo in recent seasons could probably make a claim to being better value given the CL qualifying goals, European goals, old firm goals, league winning goals he scored.

But Morelos has been far too unreliable between discipline, off the park nonsense, unable to be professional and turning up overweight etc. He’s no longer worthy of £30k a week.

Sorry but we’ve seen him take 1 penalty and it was a huge hand in costing us the league cup.

For £1m he’s been a great value signing. Only Novo in recent seasons could probably make a claim to being better value given the CL qualifying goals, European goals, old firm goals, league winning goals he scored.

But Morelos has been far too unreliable between discipline, off the park nonsense, unable to be professional and turning up overweight etc. He’s no longer worthy of £30k a week.
Are you genuinely going to be ok if Morelos signs a new deal?:)

It wouldn’t bother me if we replaced him now, but it needs to be a top striker, we also need to replace Roofe aswell.

He absolutely isn't a penalty taker, he tends to mess up the chances when he has time and space to think about it.

Aah mind reading MB and disregarding what he has publicly said that we wants Alfredo to sign another contract.
TBF you or I don’t know exactly what is in MB’s mind.

However it won’t easy to replace a player of Alfredo’s calibre for the transfer fee and wages Alfredo would cost IF HE decides to sign.haha

If it was that easy to sign another centre forward who was better than Alfredo despite his flaws why didn’t we do it in that window just gone.
Morelos was the only fit option then.
We also need to wait and see who is available in the next window and what Alfredo does IMO.
MB says he has another striker in mind but maybe you disbelieve that also.
A player of his Morelos' "calibre" who, despite being available at a reduced fee the last two windows and on a bosman in the summer has attracted the interest of 1 club, an unheard of Turkish outfit.

Back