Morelos

Morelos came as a raw talent, Gerrard has nurtured him to get performances like tonight - he was a different class from start to finish. (and has been all season so far)

First half he was destroying them, they were terrified of him. Was obviously playing through some sort of knock or strain second half and it affected his game.

He certainly made sure their defence were in a game and was unplayable at times, but for me he gave the ball away too often or even fell over his own feet and nearly cost us when he gave the ball away at the end resulting in Goldson getting booked. I'd like to see his % stats for ball retention or passing to one of our players as I reckon it would be pretty low.
Ok buzz killington

What a difference from last year gets booked unfairly in my view after half an hour ,last year he would have went on and got another booking this year bit his tongue carried on ragdolling the entire defence all game ,run his heart out and seen the game out on the park .Really think the penny has dropped . Honestly think he has turned the corner

He's a tank. Gets better every game. Has a great attitude this season.

Constant threat. No defence can contain him

Doesn't make sense to me; I understand your point, but I don't agree with it.
Which part doesn’t make sense mate?
We were always going to be a stepping stone for him, same with guys like Jelavic. They want to play in the big league. Be in the EPL or La Liga most likely.

I live in Amsterdam and watched game on Dutch TV..... Van Basten and De Boer were in the studio raving about him... "unplayable" were the words. He ragdolled that defence.. every time it came up to him he linked up or spun away and created a chance.

An Epl side will rue not bidding £20m in the summer. His stock was a bit low but given the cash available there I am amazed someone didn't take a punt at that.

Best no 9 I have seen in a long time
Must be special to have impressed these two.

If he had a bit of composure and made slightly better decisions around the box I reckon he would be a target for the likes of Liverpool or Barca.
An impossible player for defenders to get a grip of and a non stop pain in the arse.
Superb tonight. If only he had played against the filth.

I actually thought it was a performance that showed both the good and the bad of Morelos.

The good being the absolute handful he makes of himself for defenders. He harassed and turned them superbly all night and they just didn’t appear able to stop him, but the bad was the lack of composure he often displays when he gets within twenty yards of goal.

If he can work more on that he really will be the £20m+ player most believe him to be.

It's difficult to be too critical though when he’s been so instrumental in helping us get the win tonight.

Which part doesn’t make sense mate?
We were always going to be a stepping stone for him, same with guys like Jelavic. They want to play in the big league. Be in the EPL or La Liga most likely.
Rangers a stepping stone? Never for me. I understand that might make me sound delusional, but so be it. I don't think there is anything better than playing for Rangers, anywhere in football.

His performance tonight made me sad, he's destined for a top career and it's going to hurt losing him, after 55 though please Big Buff

His performance tonight made me sad, he's destined for a top career and it's going to hurt losing him, after 55 though please Big Buff

Fuxake Sam, be happy that we have him now & enjoy it. I love the wee man, who knows what his future holds. Why are us Scots such a pessimistic bunch :)

I shit you not fellow FF'rs. I had to rip a new arsehole for the guy behind me tonight who was screaming for Stevie G to sub Alfie and bring on Defoe because he was shite in the second half.
Normally I would shake my head in silent resignation to buffoonery like this but this went beyond the bounds of moronic behaviour. I don't doubt the guy is a committed Bear but I would be taking up a different pastime if I displayed such wanton ignorance.
The Feyenoord defenders will be faking injury for the return fixture.

Rangers a stepping stone? Never for me. I understand that might make me sound delusional, but so be it. I don't think there is anything better than playing for Rangers, anywhere in football.
That’s you as a fan.
Take your emotion out of it.
You’re a kid from Colombia, playing in a country where the majority hate you.
A chance comes to move to the EPL, the bigger exposure for your international aspirations, the chance to showcase yourself against some of the best clubs in the world not to mention the obvious financial gain.

To think there were some bears suggesting they would punt him for anything close to 10 million just a few months ago. His temprement don't you know.

Unfortunately it's not you we're discussing

There was a great moment in the second-half where he lost one of their players and nearly created a goal from what may have been ordinarily a lost cause. His strength on the ball, apart from ability to score goals, is incredible.

Last edited:
Boy is quality.

He plays that role up front all by himself. Imagine him in a front three with genuine quality all around, lets say in a team like Liverpool. He would be immense!

Not to say he isn't immense for us, but if teams with a bigger budget are not looking at him then more fool them.

He will do some team a major turn. If they have the money for him of course...

The wee man has not only grown up in the close season but looks as if he's decided to work harder at his football and is now a real hanful for defenders.

keeps this form up and they will be queing up for him come January but hopefully stays for 55.

I wonder if he has a knock? Either way he looked gassed in the final 20 minutes, at one point he’d chased a Barisic pass to the byline and actually got there before the ball was out but I think is legs gave up and it went out anyway.

Until that point he was a powerhouse who not only showed some great skill and touches but physically he just dominated their backline. Those Feyenoord defenders won’t be looking forward to facing him again.

Morelos was tremendous tonight and ran himself ragged, chased everything and caused their defence to have nightmares. I would have brought Defoe on at 60 mins to give him a break but obviously there were others who needed changed first.

When he is in that mood, he could be up against any defender on the planet and he would give them a torrid time.

Just an utterly brilliant player who if he continues to improve in the weaker areas of his game, can go straight to the top. Could see him playing for someone like Atletico Madrid (or similar level) within the next 2-3 years

I seen a thread about Mols the other day and his turn that we all loved.

Morelos has is own turn and it is just as enjoyable to watch.

The way he he makes defenders look like diddys with that back roll is brilliant. And they never learn. The one against Hibs earlier in the season was the best example of it.

A monster up front.

His all round game just gets better and better. He still has a selfish streak in him but he brings his team mates in when the time is right and usually with good accurate passes.

His temparament is night and day. After that booking I seen him be a lot smarter in his challenges and when he made a decision to go for the ball. And not nearly as much complaining to the ref as he used to.

And people go on about big games. He has been top quality in Europe this season and last. Destroying all sorts of teams.

Not playing him against the tims was negligent. People also will go on about not scoring against them but tonight mirrored last Decembers game against them, where he never scored but ragdolled their defence something silly.

He’s incredible. We would be idiots to sell him for anything under £30m. He will go for big big money once he becomes a regular international.

Utterly baffling he never played against Celtic.

Nothing better than seeing a centre forward rag doll a defence, he is strong as an ox and has an appetite for the battle.
He is improving all the time and as he matures so will his decision making.
I really enjoy watching this lad.

Back