World Cup 2022 Morocco v Croatia, Germany v Japan, Spain v Costa Rica, Belgium v Canada - Wednesday 23rd

Belgium have been a massive disappointment.

I can’t see them getting far in this tournament at all.

Belgium have to improve second half surely, could see them end up winning this by at least two clear goals as Canada don’t look great at the back at all.

Roberto Martinez was a strange appointment.

Not as mental as Argentina getting Maradona in in 2010 though.

That was great from Canada. The concern is the drop in quality once they start using the bench.

Like the US, the make-up of the Canadians illustrate the changes in the demographics now playing football.

A young, vibrant team. Enjoyed watching that. Hopefully they can grab an equaliser.

How bad have Belgium been. This golden era of Belgian football looks to be well and truly over. They can't keep possession, they look slow and are extremely lucky to be in front.
Canada on the other hand look like one of the better jobber teams.

Belgium have to improve second half surely, could see them end up winning this by at least two clear goals as Canada don’t look great at the back at all.
Goals there ain’t there. Looking at Belgium plus 1 at 5/4 on the corners, 2-1 Canada at minute. Too much sway in the line there for Canada being behind.

Several of those Belgian players look like they should be sat at home watching this. De Bruyne has been dreadful - misplaced passes and very slow.

Canada have run then ragged most of that half but a lack of composure in the box has cost them big time. I don't see how Canada can keep going at this pace but I can also see Belgium being out on their feet after about 60 minutes.

Lot of talk about Canada not having a striker.

They have a 22 year old upfront that cost £35m, and has been a pretty consistent goalscorer in Belgian and French top flights, whilst being better than 1:2 at international level.

He’s no mug :))

My mate is his personal stylist. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :D

Kompany hahahaha

“You sit back and get pumped 7-0” hahaha. Wonder when the apology will come

Can see this ending 3-0 for Belgium. They have been rank but Canada look toothless in the final third. They will become increasingly desperate and leave gaps at the back.

I’m sure his first game was a 1-0 win v Scotland.
Correct. His first goal for Argentina was also against Scotland, in 1979.

Diego-Maradona-col-scaled-e1606608352173-1536x960.jpg

2055-large@2x.jpg

That Belgium team looks like it's barely changed in the last few tournaments. It's like they can't let go of this "golden generation", who flattered to deceive even at their peak

They should kick the late games off 15 minutes earlier so they dont run into I'm a Celebrity.

Did anyone else spot Courtois stand off the pitch inside the goal then propel himself forward contacting the line at the end of his move to save the penalty ?

Rules state must stay on the line at all times, both feet started inside goal.

Back