Most capped Scottish footballer per Council Region

George Young - West Lothian?

Born in Grangemouth. Was at Kirkintilloch....

P
Don't think it accounts for twice as many caps in the same timeframe though.
Previously there would 4 teams in a qualifying group,sometimes 5 and a country would only play 1 game on Wednesday night.
Now there are sometimes 7 teams and there are 2 games per break

Crazy some of the guys who’ve got Scotland caps and multiple ones at that. I think that’s been a long standing problem with the national team, manager’s who don’t know what they’re doing.

Even if we're being non partizan his team mate Tommy Burns who was on a different stratosphere from Aitken only got 8 caps.
I always thought Bobby Russell and TB would have been a good midfield combination.
Gordon Smith another around this time with zero caps

McStay played in a team though. The same argument gets used to lambast James Tavernier as if he can win trophies on his own.

McStay was a very good footballer who I guarantee you that Rangers would've snapped up had he not been that way inclined.
No doubt he was a good footballer, in my humble opinion John Collins was better and I was gutted when he didn't sign for us.

Hansen will probably never have his caps overtaken in Clackmannanshire, if it’s based on where you were born. It’s either been Stirling Royal or Forth Valley (Larbert) for probably about 99.9% of the last 40yrs for Clacks newborns.

Back