MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
davis for me over the rest
sakala/wright had good games but still have their flaws
well done rangers, all we can do is win and keep believing

Scott Wright MOTM for me today but really positive to see some of the non starting 11 step up. Should give the whole squad some good confidence for Thursday. Today was all about getting others game time whilst coming home with 3 points. All eyes on Leipzig now.

3-1 to the famous. Aribo,Tav and Wright for me
Good performance from the team today, especially when we went down to ten men and conceded shortly after. Just a bit more composure from Fashion and it could have been a couple more! Almost got the scorers prediction right!

Wasn’t McGregor of Celtc booked last week, after the move ended, for an attempted trip?

Seemed a very similar situation, the Motherwell guy pulled Fashion’s shirt but was unsuccessful in stopping him. The offence was committed and, like McGregor, he should have been booked when the move finished.
Yes, he was, or so it seemed. If he was, Madden was wrong. He could have been cautioned for an accumulation of offences at that point or because he said something.

Missed the game today, driving up to Inverness when we were playing so didn’t see anything, how did we play??

Anyone know when the full match is available to rewatch on RTV/Sky Go? Missed the match travelling today :(.
Duinno about Sky but its usually around midnight on RangersTV. Be aware though, for the first 24 hours on RangersTV its uploaded in 480p and the quality is shite. Probably best to hold out for Sky (whenever that might be).

EDIT: Sky Sports Football (403) at 1945hrs.

Tough one for man of the match today, Davis/Wright/Sakala all with equally brilliant performances for very different reasons.

Davis was incredible in the middle, you can see how calm the rest of our team is when he’s on the ball. Wright unlucky not to get awarded 2 goals but finished his goal brilliantly. Went for Sakala in the end, his pace and constant work rate was a game changer, when he’s on it he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Great character shown by the team today and plenty of players rested for a massive game on Thursday.
Apart from a dodgy 10 minutes after the red card, a thoroughly convincing win.

Unfortunately it looks like it. McGregor seems to be rooted to his goal line now and not commanding his box ( ooh er matron )

Great shot stopper but he should be out there punching heads out and getting in amongst it.
Very noticeable today that he didn’t come off once
Shows a lack of confidence on his part

Voted for Wright as his goal(s) won the game but Sakala had an excellent game.
Amazed that McGregor got one vote. He is a great shot stopper but his failure to come for cross balls is just not good enough. I wonder how many goals we have lost or points because of that. However probably saved us points with some of his saves from shots outside the box or not involving cross balls.
I expect he will play in Europe but hopefully it wont cost us. We need a keeper who controls his area and stops always giving a pass out to defenders who are marked.
Anyway for once I reckon we gave the Hammer Throwers as good as they gave us and put in some good tackles. Shame about our red card but they should also have had one.

Voted Sakala MOTM. He's a constant danger if not quite the most composed.

FWIW I think the red card was correct and the Motherwell decision just after was also correct. What did annoy the life out of me though was the silly ones like the booking for Arfield while Mugabe done the same and wasn't booked.

Played really well considering we were down to 10 men , ref again with double standards. Great shift put in by most of the team.

"cigars to hand, Rangers scored a second through Wright and then a third via an exquisite James Tavernier penalty" - Graham Spiers

Im no fan of him but I did chuckle reading that description in The Times.

Back