MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great win with 10 men most of the match, Davis absolutely superb today again, happy for Wright to get a goal and boost his confidence.
Tav 80 goals incredible.

Steven Davis, quietly brilliant again today, got to give him another year, the man is just pure class
Hopefully we can acquire the quality which means, Davis, Jack, Helander, Roofe is the quality of your bench. Something for all situations and no over reliance on them all being fit all the time

They've blanked out the cinch branding on the post-match interview back-drop for the Scott Wright interview. Will it be back when the Motherwell manager is interviewed?

Yes Rangers!

Great comeback. Hopefully Ross County can do us a favour tomorrow

I suppose we could have done without playing an hour with ten men, but it is what it is.

MOTM: I thought Tav, Goldson and Davis were all great. Sakala ran about a lot, and occupied defenders, but he really doesn't have an end product. I'm giving it to Scott Wright for his brace, the second in particular had a massive impact on the game.

WATP!!!

Well done Rangers.

Was confident we would get the victory at half time. We played very well apart from the 10 minutes after Balogun get sent off.

Over to you timmy.

Balogun is an idiot, he goes flying into a tackle he doesn't need to and ends up going over the ball.

The Motherwell player was late but it was from the side and studs weren't showing. Not remotely comparable.
I agree they are not comparable:-
  1. Balgoun wins the ball and his foot rolls over it catching the Motherwell player with his studs. Understandable red but another ref might have given a yellow.

2. Motherwell player comes flying in at speed from the side, two feet off the ground, studs showing and does a scissor kick. 100% red in any game in any League in the world apart from ours.

Hopefully we can acquire the quality which means, Davis, Jack, Helander, Roofe is the quality of your bench. Something for all situations and no over reliance on them all being fit all the time
100%, to have both the man and the player Davis is in support of a rebuild is perfect for us, a great asset in that context. GVB has the opportunity now to build his own team with the quality you mention there to help us through the transition. Hopefully that’s the plan now.

Good second half from Wright and Sakala but thought Davis was excellent and motm
Super might annoy some but he is what an expert should be and his knowledge of the game is way beyond the rest we have to suffer up here

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.
I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense to me.

Tom Miller and Iain Ferguson on RTV still defending that Balogun tackle
Why wouldn't they? Must admit on first viewing I thought it a two-footed lunge that probably merited the red card. However, when you see the replays, it certainly wasn't as clear-cut as that. Yellow for me.

FWIW I'm still not convinced on our penalty either. Two angles make it look like Mugabi gets the ball but the one from behind the goal on the Main Stand side has it looking a clear penalty.

Finally, should Slattery not have had a second yellow for trying to hold Sakala in the build-up to us going 2-1 ahead?

All tough calls for he Referee.

I dunno what has happened to this Rangers squad since the game against the Dhims at Ibrox but they seem to have found a real chunk of character, determination and team spirit that they've been accused of lacking in the past. If we continue in that vein there's no saying how this season could end.

10 men beat 12 today. The ref applied the rules differently today depending on the colour of the shirt. Shocking performance from him.

We fully deserves our win.

Thought Tav was outstanding today. Sakala was much better wide in second half but thought he was lucky not to hooked after the sending off instead of Amad.
Gios switch at half time was astute
Be an interesting team selection on thursady

I’m his biggest critic and would have taken him off first, but he stood up in the 2nd half. If you can’t give him credit shame on you.

I’ll happily give him credit for a decent half but to prove anything he needs to do it regularly. He’s been generally hopeless for 18 months so far and one half of football doesn’t change that.

Why wouldn't they? Must admit on first viewing I thought it a two-footed lunge that probably merited the red card. However, when you see the replays, it certainly wasn't as clear-cut as that. Yellow for me.

FWIW I'm still not convinced on our penalty either. Two angles make it look like Mugabi gets the ball but the one from behind the goal on the Main Stand side has it looking a clear penalty.

Finally, should Slattery not have had a second yellow for trying to hold Sakala in the build-up to us going 2-1 ahead?

All tough calls for he Referee.

I dunno what has happened to this Rangers squad since the game against the Dhims at Ibrox but they seem to have found a real chunk of character, determination and team spirit that they've been accused of lacking in the past. If we continue in that vein there's no saying how this season could end.
If he catches the centre of that ball and his foot isn’t deflected upwards it’s a great tackle, fine margins. The Motherwell tackle shortly afterwards was far worse and more definite red card by miles.

If 'Well can keep their playing surface in top nick, why are so many other pitches in the league coo fields (or plastic?)

Yes Rangers!

Great comeback. Hopefully Ross County can do us a favour tomorrow

I suppose we could have done without playing an hour with ten men, but it is what it is.

MOTM: I thought Tav, Goldson and Davis were all great. Sakala ran about a lot, and occupied defenders, but he really doesn't have an end product. I'm giving it to Scott Wright for his brace, the second in particular had a massive impact on the game.

WATP!!!
Fashion made both second and third goals.
Love the wee man!

Back