MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching the wright goal back it was slattery(on a yellow) that tries to pull Sakala back. Obviously the ref shat it from giving him the second yellow even though the pull was blatant and he even waved play on.
Yip Walsh seen the pull but let play go on rightly but no reason not to go back and book him which would have seen him off. If Arfield watches that game back he'll wonder what he did different to the 4 motherwell pull backs.

the part in bold letters.
Basically what happened today isn’t a caution. If a player tries to stop a promising attack - but fails - then you can’t caution him at the next stop in play.

If you play advantage following a reckless challenge, you can go back and issue the caution.

Basically what happened today isn’t a caution. If a player tries to stop a promising attack - but fails - then you can’t caution him at the next stop in play.

If you play advantage following a reckless challenge, you can go back and issue the caution.
Okay Rosco, thanks for clearing it up for me.

Motherwell manager said they were the better team 1st half but were passive the 2nd half do we never win games deservedly according to some managers.:rolleyes:

Massive result is difficult circumstances, all we can do is keep winning

I agree they are not comparable:-
  1. Balgoun wins the ball and his foot rolls over it catching the Motherwell player with his studs. Understandable red but another ref might have given a yellow.

2. Motherwell player comes flying in at speed from the side, two feet off the ground, studs showing and does a scissor kick. 100% red in any game in any League in the world apart from ours.
I thought their tackle was worse too, both legs straight, whereas Balogun's trailing leg was well trailing.

aw ffs! just come in from shopping and seen the score! Thought we were playing tomorrow! Got to stop drinking on a Friday night! Great result with 10 men for 60m
Boyd has already called the weasel out with a. ‘mr neutral’ jibe last week

Everything. Irrelevant shite

image.gif

Wasn’t McGregor of Celtc booked last week, after the move ended, for an attempted trip?

Seemed a very similar situation, the Motherwell guy pulled Fashion’s shirt but was unsuccessful in stopping him. The offence was committed and, like McGregor, he should have been booked when the move finished.

They do have a tough job tbf. Not helped by the fact that pundits up here regularly pedal the myth that there's a pro Rangers conspiracy among referees. Only need to go back a few days ago and you had Hartson trumpeting that the SFA need to bring up refs from down south for big games on the radio. When you let that kind of mind set thrive, then impartiality is impossible.

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.
Nice to know so I don’t make a tit of myself again

Fixed that for you.

As batshit as match threads go, today's was a belter. Went well beyond bipolar into moonhowling by some.
Incredible stuff. I actually think some are waiting for Rangers to fail so they can have a told you so moment.
The ones throwing in the towel when Motherwell scored will now be down the pub celebrating and telling their pals how it was a great performance and was never in doubt

Gio has put a lot of my fears to rest in the last few games, but I really wish the persistence with McGregor would end. We looked 100% more assured in crosses and set-pieces last week with McLaughlin, and our defenders were nowhere near as panicked knowing the 6 yard box was covered
Was there anything today that upset you with McGregor?
I can’t remember anything that he did or didn’t do that’d cause such consternation.

Close call for MOTM but Wright just shades it over Sakala.
Thought the passing football in the first half was exceptional at times.
Shows the alternatives we have playing without an out and out striker.
Great performance today guys and looking forward to Thursday I don't think we should be worried greatly ,it will take care of itself.

They do have a tough job tbf. Not helped by the fact that pundits up here regularly pedal the myth that there's a pro Rangers conspiracy among referees. Only need to go back a few days ago and you had Hartson trumpeting that the SFA need to bring up refs from down south for big games on the radio. When you let that kind of mind set thrive, then impartiality is impossible.
Ex pros venting about refs are like turkeys voting for Xmas.

I'm clearly biased as f*ck because I just can't see Balogun's challenge being a straight red.
Personally, I think he was unlucky.
It was easy to send him off but he was unlucky that the challenge looked bad enough to do so.
He clearly played the ball first which would suggest it wasn’t reckless or dangerous but it did roll over the ball hitting their scum player who made the most of it.

Tough one for man of the match today, Davis/Wright/Sakala all with equally brilliant performances for very different reasons.

Davis was incredible in the middle, you can see how calm the rest of our team is when he’s on the ball. Wright unlucky not to get awarded 2 goals but finished his goal brilliantly. Went for Sakala in the end, his pace and constant work rate was a game changer, when he’s on it he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Great character shown by the team today and plenty of players rested for a massive game on Thursday.

I've went Sakala over Wright but it's close, good to see them both stepping up their game.

Kamara not having the best of times lately but it is testament to the starting 11 he can't nail a place, blundered for the goal but still a top player.

Wright for me just cause he stepped up after a few howlers in the last few weeks. Close call we Davis - still a Rolls Royce of a player.

"Irrelevant shite"? I love 'Derry's Walls' even though the siege of Derry in 1689 isn't all that relevant to my day to day life or the football, what's the difference?

Have a day off ffs. B-D
Chill chief, the song is pish and the unnecessary connection to Derry’s walls is as irrelevant as the song itself. Have a lovely day and enjoy another victory for the Bears. Xx

Tough one for man of the match today, Davis/Wright/Sakala all with equally brilliant performances for very different reasons.

Davis was incredible in the middle, you can see how calm the rest of our team is when he’s on the ball. Wright unlucky not to get awarded 2 goals but finished his goal brilliantly. Went for Sakala in the end, his pace and constant work rate was a game changer, when he’s on it he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Great character shown by the team today and plenty of players rested for a massive game on Thursday.
I think that's a very fair summary.

Back