MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take the blue tinted specs off. It doesn't matter if Balogun meant it or not, but he made a tackle and went over the ball...a dangerous tackle and a red every day of the week.
I remember an almost identical tackle in the prem not that long ago, it was high profile and one of the top 6 teams but I can’t remember who it was. Boy caught the top off the ball his foot rolled over it and caught the player shin high and he was sent off. Sky were going on about it and the consensus was that it was definitely a red regardless of intent.

Kamara's non effort to stop the goal after he's lost it, is actually worse than the original pissing about.

Disgraceful lack of will to win from him.

It's nowhere near similar ffs. Give your head a wobble.

Balogun is an idiot, he goes flying into a tackle he doesn't need to and ends up going over the ball.

The Motherwell player was late but it was from the side and studs weren't showing. Not remotely comparable.

BTW Kamara is a lazy bastard and Wright proving why he hasn't had more game time. No end product whatsoever. Would've actually took him off instead of Diallo.
Both were reds just different kinds of red. Basically like having an argument over what's more of a red a kick in the head or a punch on the face.

all those saying balogun as was red

Was the Motherwell tackle soon after ?

According the actual rules it’s more of a red
Both should have been red.

Balogun was unlucky, but he's over the ball with studs up which then endangers his opponent.

Was it intentional - not for me as its the ball that forces his foot up & over into contact - the Motherwell "challenge" though?

That to me IS intentional & a straight red every day.

McGregor is a rangers legend, no doubt about that but this has been a season too far for him. At fault almost every league game we've dropped points in

100% this. He’s quickly turning into a joke. Frozen to his line - no movement, half a second too slow and won’t come for ANY ball in the air. Teams must be fu(king delighted to see him on the team sheet. He’s a professional and should be the first one to realise he’s finished. Ignoring this fact is rapidly turning him into a zero.

Why was Tierney not booked for his celebration,..not sour grapes by the way,.. just wondering what has changed as not long ago Morelos sent off for ‘exchanging’ gestures with the opposition. I believe that we can still win this game but need to get shots off quicker.
Is it normally a booking for a gesture like that? He shushed the fans and cupped his ears, imo that shouldn’t be a booking. The Morelos gesture was slightly different :)

Balogun is an idiot, he goes flying into a tackle he doesn't need to and ends up going over the ball.

The Motherwell player was late but it was from the side and studs weren't showing. Not remotely comparable.

BTW Kamara is a lazy bastard and Wright proving why he hasn't had more game time. No end product whatsoever. Would've actually took him off instead of Diallo.

Replay shows it should have been two reds.

Indefensible bias from the ref today. Absolutely no way can the Balogun tackle be a red if the far worse one on Wright is only a yellow.

This is as a result of years of dignified silences while that mob have got at the refs and got what they wanted.
100%

Every one of our players should have been in the ref's face when he only gave a yellow after the assault on Wright.

We are far too easy going at our club.

It was a red, 100%

So was the challenge on Wright.

Mugabe pulls Sakala no yellow.

Arfield pulls a player, yellow.

It was a red, but to say the ref has done nothing wrong is, well, wrong.

Won't claim him to be cheating but he is massively inconsistent.
He appears to be refereeing us 100% to the letter of the law in the strictest sense possible, and then giving them a lot of leeway.

Every possible foul by a Rangers player is given, every possible yellow card is given, when Balogun was reckless the red was straight out

Conversely, Motherwell players have been let off with numerous fouls, particularly on Diallo, Wright and Sakala. Mugabi and Lamie in particular, every interaction with an opponent seems to be a foul. Almost none given. Shields rugby tackled Balogun to the floor, no foul. Reckless challenge by the Well boy, potential leg breaker, just a yellow.

Last edited:
You really need to watch them again. Seriously. Balogun's studs connect with their player's leg above the ankle. At no point does their player's studs make contact with Wright.

Laughable to suggest theirs was worse than Balogun.
You’re talking rubbish balagon foot raised up only after connecting with the ball

Mccoist on commentary the day is on par with craigan having to mute your tele to watch yer team.
He was creaming himself like Sutton pissed me off to be honest actually sounded like Sutton how excited he sounded.

Now was it a red 50/50 maybe lean more to red than yellow as he rolled over the ball, but that makes the decision to yellow the Motherwell player even worse as his was just a bad either both are red or both yellow

Walsh is a sticker for rules so really can't make tackles like that with him as ref in first place ....I think he's a decent ref but losses controls of physical games and doesn't know what cards to produce at times

The amount of defensive errors leading to conceding goals this season is unreal. Say it every week now....opposition put ball in the box.....pinball......panic......goal!
It was the same against Celtc at Ibrox with their 2 goals and last week when their player hit the bar, we just can't clear our lines...It's also happened a couple of times today when the ball hasn't been cleared

Arfield booked for pulling motherwell player back. Mugabi only warned for same offence

Balogun sent off for a bad tackle, Ojala only booked moments later for a 2 feet off the ground studs up challenge on Wright

We as a club will say and do nothing about this and so it will continue
Absolutely....its fkn sick

Not only did Kamara dither on the ball and lose it in his own penalty box, but he was "marking" the man that scored with the header. I'll be quite happy to see Kamara go in the summer. I don't actually know what he does, doesn't create or score, can't tackle or win a header. Good at keeping possession normally, a water carrier they used to call players like him.

I’ve said this countless times, Kamara need to play mid to front and not DM, he has made so many mistakes in that area. Not picking up runners, intercepted passes, dithering.

Get him away from there Gio.

he goes over the ball, straight leg, with force with the studs up.

it is considered excessive force.

its a red card end of discussion.
We would be raging if someone did that tackle to one of our players and wasnt sent off.

Two moments of madness costing us so far (Balogun and Kamara).

We have still been the better team so hopefully get the win but after two extra time games a 60 minute effort with ten men is not what we need before Leipzig

Back