Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

A good result despite the referee’s best intentions to spoil the game. Compared to last season where we could have slipped up and drop points we came through with all 3 points only upsets Morelos’s red card and McGregor indicating that he might have pulled his groin.

I live in Motherwell - guy and his dug both doing the bouncy outside my window - should be on X factor because when he stopped singing the dug was actually barking the bouncy - bizzare but great.

As usual, the red card will now get analysed in isolation.
We will be told the first yellow was for persistent fouling. The second for his gesture. Therefore ref had no choice, all Alfredo's fault.

But nobody will compare it to the countless other goal celebrations done in front of opposing fans that don't get any punishment. The red today was a ref making a decision based on who it was, not what he done.

Again.

The club must react as the fans expect, if not Alfredo just keeps being a marked man and we keep risking him missing important games.

If we drop points on Friday, Don Robertson will be partly responsible.

F**kn raging at our refs/media etc.
Alfredo sent off for gesturing.
Lennon does it at Ibrox, cue his media pals, but, but, but, he was getting pelters all day, so he is entitled to give it back.
Welcome to the nationalist republic of Scotland.
Rant Over!!!!

Halliday? They discriminate against him as they do all of our players, it's an equal opportunity bias, but we can agree to differ.
ive not seen the alfie one yet but i honestly dont believe it can be as ridiculous as halliday v morton. surely not ???

Easiest win at Fir Park for a while. Motherwell had one player with pass marks and that was their keeper.
Oh and every single game players do that and it is never seen as a booking.

Lennon and Brown do the same to the rangers support and the media defend them by saying it’s because of the abuse they get. Alfie does it and they're on him like a pack of wolves. What a shitty country we live in

Disgraceful refereeing again, you could see Robertson was itching to get in about Morelos. Cheating. I doubt he will but Gerrard should be calling that out.

What's the hard on for substitutions?
Every match thread around the 30 min mark it starts. Won 2-0 in a tough away game. Is it just moaning rants for the hell of it?

There's little doubt that we're seeing a re-run of the "Get at Morelos" routine, that we saw last season.

If the Club don't raise the "worrying issue of Morelos being treated to a different standard than other players (with an optional "possibly because of his race")", then we'll see him and then eventually Jack and anyone else on good form being red carded all over the place again.

You can’t appeal two yellows Unless mistaken identity.

Also you can’t appeal that when he is guilty. I’m at the game and was right in front of me. Can’t do that to the opposition fans. I defend him all the time but that’s downright stupid
If it was right in front of you does that mean you were in with the Murderwell fans?

Just a comment on our two Croatian players - Borna and Katic, after an initial adjustment period to what now passes for football culture in Scotland, they have emerged as terrific assets to the Rangers squad.

Certainly, if we are seeking to further strengthen the team during the winter and summer transfer windows, we could do a lot worse than checking out that part of the world for emerging talent.

Lennon turns to face up our support & makes the same gesture RIGHT IN FRONT OF them. No action. Not during the match. Not by radio or TV trial, not by the Compliant Officer.
Alfie, on the park, carded.
Hypocrisy, double standards & cant.
Bang on, Rangers in general and Morelos in particular are refereed differently in Scotland.

It's not even debatable.

Lennon turns to face up our support & makes the same gesture RIGHT IN FRONT OF them. No action. Not during the match. Not by radio or TV trial, not by the Compliant Officer.
Alfie, on the park, carded.
Hypocrisy, double standards & cant.

I've only ever seen Halliday, Candeias, and Morelos book for this. Halliday was in the centre circle and it's very debatable who he aimed the celebration at, Candeias blew a kiss, and Morelos gave the (usual trouble making corner) Motherwell fans a bit back after being booed every touch. Meanwhile we get players doing every similar every single time they score at Ibrox and nothing happens.

Nothing from SG about the refereeing inconsistencies. Playing both the fracas around HT and the booking for Morelos down.

There's little doubt that we're seeing a re-run of the "Get at Morelos" routine, that we saw last season.

If the Club don't raise the "worrying issue of Morelos being treated to a different standard than other players (with an optional "possibly because of his race")", then we'll see him and then eventually Jack and anyone else on good form being red carded all over the place again.

People will have a go at Morelos for reacting, but no wonder he reacts when he has everything thrown at him with no defence from the club.

Great to get the win but home advantage was demonstrated today. Their bitter bastard support was howling about everything apart from their own team being back to their usual dirty selves, and the ref gave in to them.

Morelos will be a big loss on Friday when we are under pressure and need it to stick up front.

. Doesn’t mean we won’t all be shouting on the 29th when Brown inevitably gestures at us. But it’s still a stupid thing to do in those circumstances.
FFS. Inevitably? Why are you presuming the Lego Eater will be celebrating? The floor is yours.

“No complaints”

Sorry Steven, but that’s why this has been happening and will continue to happen.

You could have highlighted the decisions at Pittodrie. Hampden and today as “complaints” very easily.

I despair what a soft target we allow ourselves to be from top to bottom.

Sutton and Walker, BT and sky as bad as bbc scotland.

And the referees. At HT how can Robertson book Ryan Jack but conspire not to give Donnely a second yellow. Unfathomable. But you wont here about it.

Well played Rangers. The ref and the commentators on Sky were a disgrace, but we are getting used to that.
I was worried about fatigue setting in today, but we kept our shape and pace for the 90 minutes.

The mentally challengeds are desperately trying to damage Morelos’ transfer value.
They know if he keep scoring like this we might get £40 or £50 million for him.
It’s back to the damage reputation tactic to try and put doubt in the minds of potential suitors.

Good win after a hard week.The front two wide players are giving us no cutting edge whatsoever and it needs to be addressed in January if we have any designs on winning any thingAribo is ok with the ball at his feet but is never a front3 player in a million years.Kent is simply not doing it and needs to get the finger out.

Back