Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Vars pish, full stop. Football is all about scoring goals, yet we have managed to bring in a new system, that actively goes out it's way to find the merest excuse to rule them out.

Watching match of the day last night and we are very nearly at the point of holding back from celebrating a goal. Clear and obvious, remember that? Impossible for the naked eye to find a toe offside, but we have now found a way to do it.
Spot on!

Arfield agrees. One of those if the referee had given it VAR would not have overturned the decision I reckon.

This will probably be the focus of attention tomorrow rather than how O'Donnell managed to stay on the park.
Of course, in the same clip O'Donnell studs super Jack in the face and it's totally ignored. They don't even hide it in the edits anymore.

Offside is offside and he done it countless times. For a forward that's amateur hour, again.
Had the passes been released half a step earlier he has 2 goals. Its not only him who misjudged by fractions. Both finishes were excellent. Taking the ball in in these conditions would have been very difficult as impossible to predict the flight of the ball. He also had an assist for the first goal.

Wish these Masonic/Orange refs would start to punish teams with red cards for their challenges on Rangers players.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I can't understand what these refs see regarding to the thuggery on our players.:mad:

Bit confused with what happened toward the end of the game. The whole thing with the ball boy moving the ball when it's in play. Did it end up being a drop ball? Surely common sense would have seen a Rangers free kick. Rarely happens to know the rule for it.
Law 3 says anyone entering the field of play who isn't on either of the teamsheets is classed as an "outside agent", and if an outside agent interferes with play the referee should stop the game, and then restart it with a drop ball. The decision was correct.

Rain, wind and a patched up team win 2-0 without conceding a shot on target.

I would happily settle for that no mater who we were playing.

I'm in anybody saying this before the game, the way our injury list is, would have snapped their hands Off.
Well done Rangers.

Both were close. Thought he did well again leading the line in atrocious conditions. His work off the ball and pressing is very good. Is now a very different and fitter player than he was a couple of months ago.
Top players in every league are being penalised for goals after var checks.

I find it to be absolute madness, that we are managing to murder one of the great things about football, the goal. Even when it is given, the moment has been ruined for fans. We now have the ridiculous situation, where fans of the other team are now getting an added bonus of a goal being chopped off, when they weren't even expecting it.

Law 3 says anyone entering the field of play who isn't on either of the teamsheets is classed as an "outside agent", and if an outside agent interferes with play the referee should stop the game, and then restart it with a drop ball. The decision was correct.
Ah cool! Wasn't sure because they work for Motherwell I thought it might go against them or something .

Watched it with my brother in law in gran canaria . Absolutely tremendous viewing in the sun . Ross County nxt for the slaughter!

Merry Christmas bears!

Was happy how we handled those conditions in a scrappy game and got the goals early was needed. Set the tone for the rest of the game. Front line tired in the second, made the subs and got there.

Scrappiness of the game means you take the win whatever but the one concern would be the total suckage of our attacking threat when we took off Cantwell/Sima/McCausland.

Against a better side we may have paid the price because we went from Attack, Attack, Attack to- the sort of nowhere, nothing, nowt stuff seen under Beale.

Matondo looked alert but the link up play was all gone and the creative spark from CM missing. The less said about the downgrade from McCausland to Wright the better - its just too ridiculous to consider.

The good thing about Dessers is post match he seems unbothered by his repeat offsides and such. Self-confidence doesnt seem to be an issue for him which may prove crucial away to the T!ms where a few Rangers players have flopped recently.

The speed of our counters and wing-play looked really strong in the earlier part of the game and that is very encouraging for the Piggery and away games going forward.

Re-watching the game it was a good win in difficult conditions.

Madness that once again after one of our games the media, the opposition team and Celtic support lose the fucking plot over offences that didn't happen. Again! It can't be allowed to continue that managers just come out of a game and start accusing us of getting favours, especially when it isn't true.

Kettlewell going on about penalties that just simply weren't penalties should see him hammered. Fine to go on about an incident if you've got a case. He didn't and it was absolutely clear that he had no case. He was however very lucky a couple of his players were not sent off. The incident on Butland should see O'Donnell given a lengthy ban for dangerous play - not a chance that was just an accident.

Was looking back Ross County games and watched this v Motherwell highlights quite a difference in Referee Dickinson’s cautions .

Wtf was he doing at Fir Park to me that was a hellish performance wrt aggressive play . Worth a look if you’re at all interested.

Was looking back Ross County games and watched this v Motherwell highlights quite a difference in Referee Dickinson’s cautions .

Wtf was he doing at Fir Park to me that was a hellish performance wrt aggressive play . Worth a look if you’re at all interested.

They can’t give dodgy penalties against us due to VAR, but they can definitely give borderline reds as yellows, unless it’s a situation like the tackle on Lundstram.

Back