Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

no complaints with our teams performance today for me, a professional and functional display in atrocious conditions and up against a team of spoilers, and once again a we see a ref not applying the rules of the game, o"donnell by the laws of the game should have walked, but the ref shows leniency to the opposition

Have a great Xmas Bears
Superb Rangers.

Finished the game with a middle to front of :

King
Sterling
Lammers
Wright
Matondo
Dessers

We continue on track for the top

If you’d said that to someone 9 weeks ago they’d have laughed at you.

You’d have laughed at it yourself.
i think he is rotating the squad we have very well, resting players at the right times etc

I'll take that. Would have been nice to boost the GD, looked like today was going to be a good day for it after the fast start. Dessers' 2nd was onside to me. How many has he had ruled out now?

Good first half , slackened off in the second happy with that going to be good is clement is allowed some funds for some players the turnaround with the current lot as been excellent

Just caught the second half of the game, our passing and ball control is amateur at best, if we give the ball away this easily at the beggar dome we will leave with nothing, I cant believe that so many professional players in the one team struggle to pass the ball to each other,

If you were here at the game, then you wouldn't be making such a daft statement.

Gale force wind that's swirling around the park made good football impossible.

BTW, if you've managed to catch the 2nd half of any other games, then you'll know that we defeated a Spanish team away from home that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid couldn't beat.
We're also on a long unbeaten run and the League Cup is already in the trophy room.

All this done with 10 first team players missing.

Hardly amateurish

no complaints with our teams performance today for me, a professional and functional display in atrocious conditions and up against a team of spoilers, and once again a we see a ref not applying the rules of the game, o"donnell by the laws of the game should have walked, but the ref shows leniency to the opposition

Yeah, Merry Christmas Stephen O'Donnell you talent-less fud

For the non negative bastards among us - an assist, an incorrectly disallowed goal and a marginally offside goal.
And both disallowed goals taken very well. It wasn't like play had stopped and the keeper just let them in, he buried both. Just needs to be coached to play the defensive line a bit smarter as he gets caught with these marginal calls just a bit too often.

Played well and competed from start to finish, Good goals scored and kept it tight 2nd half to close out the win. Rested and protected players and got some minutes for fringe players. Also unlucky not to score more. The kind of win that may not have been great to watch 2nd half but will be the kind of game that wins leagues.

Cantwell just said that was the worst conditions he has ever played in. Worth noting rather than trying to find fault especially second half facing the wind.

We won the game when we had the advantage of the wind, seen it out against the conditions.

Job done

The ball by McAusland to Cantwell in the second half, when we were breaking, looked perfect until the wind hit and just took it behind TC. There were numerous occasions of that happening. I think we done excellent tbh, 3 points in the bag.

The ball by McAusland to Cantwell in the second half, when we were breaking, looked perfect until the wind hit and just took it behind TC. There were numerous occasions of that happening. I think we done excellent tbh, 3 points in the bag.
And that was a pass along the deck. :))

First half Motherwell put a cross in that nearly blew back to the halfway line.

Cantwell just said that was the worst conditions he has ever played in. Worth noting rather than trying to find fault especially second half facing the wind.

We won the game when we had the advantage of the wind, seen it out against the conditions.

Job done
We could see in front of our eyes that the ball was flying all over the place which makes it nai impossible to judge the flight of the ball and control it.its people moaning for the sake of it

Got a few knocks. Hope everyone is ok.

Dessers’ goals were very marginally offside. “Benefit of the doubt” is a thing of the past unfortunately.

How can u judge that Dessers was offside the lines didn't even show u that he was offside. When it's as tight as that the goal should stand
The red line which i assume marked the Motherwell player was closer to the goal than the blue one, made fvck all sense to me.

Bit confused with what happened toward the end of the game. The whole thing with the ball boy moving the ball when it's in play. Did it end up being a drop ball? Surely common sense would have seen a Rangers free kick. Rarely happens to know the rule for it.

Well done today Rangers. Professional performance and good to see the squad getting game time. Fingers crossed big Connor is ok.

Glad Xmas wasn’t spoilt.
Was a wee bit worried before game with weather and our injuries etc but excellent first half and job well done.
Merry Xmas all

I love our manager. He speaks so well, he thinks about every aspect of the game on and off the pitch. What a pleasure it is to hear him talk, back him in January and see what he can do.

Good first half , very poor second half though the conditions had all to do with that. Three points all important, just hope there were no serious injuries.
Motherwell should have had at least a couple sent off, absolute hammer throwers.

Back