Moult, Mclean & Morgan

Told today that these are our 3 leading targets for the January window. We won't be pursuing Jamie Walker after his latest remarks.

For me, Big Louie would be a cracking signing. He would bring goals and a real physical presence we just don't have at the moment.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with any of these three.

Add Walker to that's and I'd be delighted

We will need to over pay for Mclean if we want him before the summer

Don't mind Moult if we let Miller go

Morgan, No thanks, We have enough of average players
Happy for a journeyman from England, however not interested in a 20 year old laddie that is getting rave reviews and a bluenose to boot?

Strange

I'm not a fan of Moult. Don't think he's any better than Waghorn or Garner. But if he signs, I hope he proves me wrong.

I reckon we'll have numerous targets. Declan John came out of nowhere as such, and Mark Allen will be working on that side of things already.

Moult might not be the answer to 55 but that's a poor comparison. 9 goals in 13 for the season so far. 5 in 8 in the league.

Waghorn and Garner were lucky to get that for a season in the top flight.

I think Morgan is a better prospect than Walker. JW is nearly 25 and hasn't really achieved anything. Id be happy with the other 2 mentioned

I think Moult would do well for us pick up a few cards though.

I always do a wee calculation to see what a players discipline will be like when they sign for us. Multiply the number of yellow cards he had last year by 1.5, Multiply the number of reds by 2 and add 2 and you are pretty much there. The Ian Black formulae.

I think Morgan is a better prospect than Walker. JW is nearly 25 and hasn't really achieved anything. Id be happy with the other 2 mentioned

I agree but we need a wide man, badly. Walker is fairly versatile in that respect.
In an ideal world we'd sign both.

Aberdeen & Hibs for starters. If he continues to bang in the goals don't rule out the mhanky mhob.

You think Aberdeen or Hibs are going to match what we can offer in wages Aberdeen have a 2000 wage cap .

Another ITK poster with nothing right before will wait till January before getting upset .

I like Big Ed, I really do.

But Moult was ready made - none of this "time to settle" malarkey. A big hard bastard that defenders hate to play against and he knows where the goal is.

So was John Sutton, Michael Higdon, Billy Mehmet... Adam Rooney, Nadir Cifti, Fran Sandaza, Michael O'Halloran... all troubled Scottish defences and you wouldn't sign one of them. Moult is the next, IMO of course.

So was John Sutton, Michael Higdon, Billy Mehmet... Adam Rooney, Nadir Cifti, Fran Sandaza, Michael O'Halloran... all troubled Scottish defences and you wouldn't sign one of them. Moult is the next, IMO of course.
To be fair, I was very much in the same camp, in the sense I felt Moult's level was Motherwell and any notion of him being a success at a big club was fanciful.

However having watched him on TV recently his all round game has actually impressed me and has a bit of everything. Like a Poundshop Harry Kane.

I can't say who we are in for or not however i no a guy close to moult and he is heading back down south, Barnsley, Sunderland and Bristol City have all made contact!

He has no interest in us due to cash being offered to him down south

I always do a wee calculation to see what a players discipline will be like when they sign for us. Multiply the number of yellow cards he had last year by 1.5, Multiply the number of reds by 2 and add 2 and you are pretty much there. The Ian Black formulae.

You know as soon as a player signs for us he has to watch every tackle.

The premise of we once signed a player from this league who was shit thus others players like him from this league will also be shit is such a pile of nonsense - more so when there is such a variety to the players

I still think we will end up with Walker and Moult. I just can't see the sheep letting McLean come to us but hope he does.

If this is true, then I would take them, as long as we sign them early. Would love it, if we signed them on 1st/2nd of Jan and gives them time to integrate when we are in Florida.

Nothing wrong with picking up squad players for buttons. It means we can spend money on a smaller number of high quality players in the summer.

That volley against the vermin is an incredible goal at any level, in any league.

Big Louie has a lot to offer and I just hope we get him.

It's easy to dismiss guys like Moult - we start Pena and Windass and bring guys like Hardie, Herrera and Miller of the bench

If Morelos hits a sticky patch we are in bother

To be fair, I was very much in the same camp, in the sense I felt Moult's level was Motherwell and any notion of him being a success at a big club was fanciful.

However having watched him on TV recently his all round game has actually impressed me and has a bit of everything. Like a Poundshop Harry Kane.

He was good in the cup game vs Aberdeen, absolutely brutal the following game against Aberdeen. I thought he was dire against us.

It's easy to dismiss guys like Moult - we start Pena and Windass and bring guys like Hardie, Herrera and Miller of the bench

If Morelos hits a sticky patch we are in bother

Moult's in my starting eleven ahead of Windass, Pena, Herrera and Miller every day of the week that ends in a "Y"

Young Hardie's time will come, but right now we need a proven goalscorer, and Big Louie's ready to step up and play!

I know we don't have the millions of the 90's to spend but these targets do depress . Why are we only interested in players in our own backyard . Surely we should be looking world wide

Niko
Miller
Danny Wilson
Hodson
All 4 out of contract in the summer

Moult
Walker
McLean
All 3out of contract in the summer.

We could improve the squad and save money

Wilson & Hodson simply aren't good enough. Niko's legs have gone and mush as I adore Kenny Miller he's coming to the end of his career.

I know we don't have the millions of the 90's to spend but these targets do depress . Why are we only interested in players in our own backyard . Surely we should be looking world wide

It makes sense to look at the best of our league - more so when they are on bosmans - hurts the teams we play

Celtic stopped 10 by making loads of teams around them really weak so they could beat them often and left it to us to %^*& up - it's a decent model in all honesty

Like we did in the summer? Honestly the mind boggles with some folk.
I know mate what can you say to some of the sh1te on here, all of our good teams have had a core of Scots bought from other clubs.

at the moment we have 2 scottish regular starters jack and dorrans.They have 5 or 6.

Like we did in the summer? Honestly the mind boggles with some folk.
So you are happy to limit our signing policy to other Scottish teams ? Of those bought in the summer, like all signings they are hit and miss .For every Laudrup there's a Prodan .We will never close the gap on them with this myopic view

Moult might not be the answer to 55 but that's a poor comparison. 9 goals in 13 for the season so far. 5 in 8 in the league.

Waghorn and Garner were lucky to get that for a season in the top flight.

Moult is the player Motherwell focus on. He scored 15 goals the last couple of seasons in the league, and I reckon without injury or being dropped to the bench so often Garner would have done similar.

And in terms of their careers outside of Scotland, Moult is by far the weakest.

As I say, if we sign him, I hope he proves me wrong. I just reckon he's not as good as many seem to feel.

I am glad I am not the only person to not have a clue who Morgan is.

I agree with the sentiment Moult, Walker and McLean would only improve the squad, not the first 11. We need to be finding 2 or 3 more like Morelos out there

Hang on Morelos was the very definition of a squad player signing - the fact that he and Jack have been so good shows that there are some decent players who can make the step up for very little outlay.

Sadly our dealings have also shown that investing decent money doesn't guarantee quality ... Moult won't be at Motherwell for too many more transfer windows and if he keeps going the way he is, he is an absolute no-brainer.

[QUOTE="Sausage Boy, post: 237195,
Think Barrie Mckay - on steroids.[/QUOTE]

We shouldn't be going near players with drug problems.

Back