Mourinho the next celtic manager?

tenor.gif

Bit of a busted flush down south so I can’t be as dismissive as others on here.
It’s not about wages for him, it’s about trying to rebuild his flagging reputation.
I think there could easily be some mileage in the rumours.
Back to bed you

They will lap it up. This comes back to the Lennon job where they seem to leave out the timeline of events. Lennon was offered the job in the showers after the cup game, but the fans weren't told this and the announcement was held back for ages, during this time rumours about Mourinho and the others were being circulated, the celtic board did not say they were true but at the same time they never denied them either leaving their fans to believe some sort of big signing is coming - turned out to be Lennon.

He commands between 15-20 million a season, he currently lives in a luxury 6 bedroom townhouse in Belgravia, I suppose I can see him swapping all that for 3 million a season, a flat in Hyndland and to be 2nd best in Scotland.

Reckon he might move into international management now. Someone like Qatar or China will pay him as fortune and still allow him to live in London and just fly out for their games.

He’s not getting another top 6 job is he ?

Celtic seems implausible but where else is he going to go ?
Agree he's unlikely to get another top 6 job in England. He's already had half of them and realistically he ain't getting Liverpool, Arsenal or City. He'd still get a big job in one of the top leagues though, or possibly the Portuguese national team. It's one thing Stevie G, with no previous management experience, coming to Scotland to cut his teeth and start making a reputation both domestically and in Europe. He's done spectacularly well, but if he hadn't and given the mess he inherited at Rangers, it probably wouldn't have done his managerial prospects too much damage in the long run. Mourinho coming to Scotland having won multiple league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, UEFA Cup, Europa League, Champions Leagues would be utter madness. He's already damaged goods. Success in Scotland would do little to help repair that. Failure would finish him. Apart from that, after managing at the most elite level, I just can't see Hamilton or Dingwall holding much appeal!

Keep in mind when people talk about his huge payoff thats on the assumption he doesnt take another job until his contract runs out.

Spurs are paying him still so unless someone is going to match his current wages or close youre not going to see him in management for a while.

Mourinho has not become a bad coach overnight and obviously he's not going to them. IMO he's suffered from the change in personalities in the dressing room. Where a lot of clubs used to be full of strong characters, and there were maybe six or seven captains in each team, things have changed and they have been replaced with pampered players who do not take kindly to be openly criticised or even shouted at. There are too many Dele Alis and must say I was not too surprised to see Harry Kane sending heart felt thanks to Jose. Old school player. Managers nowadays are on a hiding to nothing.

Will never happen - but would be all in favour if it did.
His wages alone would bankrupt them and Stevie and the team would have him on toast.That said he would certainly make Scottish football even more box office

Keep in mind when people talk about his huge payoff thats on the assumption he doesnt take another job until his contract runs out.

Spurs are paying him still so unless someone is going to match his current wages or close youre not going to see him in management for a while.
Not sure if someone else has flagged this somewhere but there's a clip doing the rounds of Jamie Redknapp discussing the pay off.

He's apparently heard that Spurs league position dictated how much JM was due, the massive sums being banded about was only if they were top 4 at the time. There's then a drop off for top 6 but Spurs are currently 7th so another drop off from that. Allegedly a reason why they've acted now, saved themselves a small fortune rather than "risk" getting into top 6 and having to pay more. Might even have been due more if he'd won a trophy.

Seems perfectly plausible but it is Jamie Redknapp so...

Could it be true? well if you read The Sun it could well be.

According to one of their writers - David Fowler, '... Jose Mourinho enters next Celtic manager market as ex-Tottenham boss claims he is ready to jump back in...'
Mourinho, according to the MSM, has just pocketed 16 million from spurs to go away. Man Utd, must have given him a large amount to disappear aswell. In the past 5 years between Spurs, Man Utd, and Chelsea, I reckon he's picked up more in compensation to f@#k off , than he earned in wages. If Ceptic want him they will have to treble the highest wage they have paid to any manager, in the past 10 years. That's before they even sit down to talk about transfer budgets. The quality of players he would demand, will not come cheap. I also do not think he will be given any time to build a team, if he can't win the league in his first season, well we will be back talking compo again. Bring it on WATP, going for 56.

According to one of their writers - David Fowler, '... Jose Mourinho enters next Celtic manager market as ex-Tottenham boss claims he is ready to jump back in...'
More chance of me becoming their manager...........which is highly unlikely.

I’d expect this from McNally (if he is still there) at the Mirror, but obviously slow news day.
Certainly wasn’t over in the states yesterday.

Mourinho, according to the MSM, has just pocketed 16 million from spurs to go away. Man Utd, must have given him a large amount to disappear aswell. In the past 5 years between Spurs, Man Utd, and Chelsea, I reckon he's picked up more in compensation to f@#k off , than he earned in wages. If Ceptic want him they will have to treble the highest wage they have paid to any manager, in the past 10 years. That's before they even sit down to talk about transfer budgets. The quality of players he would demand, will not come cheap. I also do not think he will be given any time to build a team, if he can't win the league in his first season, well we will be back talking compo again. Bring it on WATP, going for 56.

Jose only pocketed about £4 or £5 million according to Jamie Redknapp

It’s not about wages for him, it’s about trying to rebuild his flagging reputation.

Jesus...

I’m sure Jose Mourinho wants to repare his damaged reputation by embarking on a root and branch rebuild of a club while visiting a half finished Douglas Park, and playing on the shag pile carpet at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Put the phone down and don’t use it again for a long time.

Jesus...

I’m sure Jose Mourinho wants to repare his damaged reputation by embarking on a root and branch rebuild of a club while visiting a half finished Douglas Park, and playing on the shag pile carpet at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Put the phone down and don’t use it again for a long time.
Cheers buddy, I’ve enjoyed all that replies to my earlier post, they have certainly made me chuckle.

Im looking forward to watching Jose line up in a 5-4-1 formation at home to Ross County and try and catch them on the break!

Absolute fantasy land stuff from the poets, it’ll be Kennedy...

Hope they have got money. For to pay him off when. He. Sacked. Because he’s. Had some amount of pay off from clubs So hopefully so that would kill them.

Jose could still get a job anywhere. Asking him to lead Spurs to glory is like giving Lewis Hamilton a Ford Kuga for the Grand Prix.

His wife and daughter love London. Practically the main reason he took the Spurs job was it was in London. At Manchester he stayed in a hotel and went back to London on days off. Can’t see Jose in the London Rd Premier Inn.

Please Please stop it my bladder can't handle all this laughing, I am running out of boxers.
I going to have to borrow the wife's Tena ladies if this season gets any more bloody hilarious.

I’m lining myself up to go and give Kelly Brook the rifling of a lifetime tonight. That’s about as realistic as Jose to that mob

Hope they have got money. For to pay him off when. He. Sacked. Because he’s. Had some amount of pay off from clubs So hopefully so that would kill them.
If that’s true then he has earned more in the last 14 years just from being sacked than 200 people on the UK median salary who have never been sacked over that time period will have earned in combined wages.

Going by most of the posts on this thread, something tells me this may not be happening.

Mourinho basically called a spurs squad containing the likes of loris Kate son bale, shit. Imagine his reaction turning up first day of pre season being confronted with barkas Ralston welsh and Christie.

Pish, no way he’s coming to the orcs. They can’t afford him for a start and he needs a lot of cash to rebuild the rhat hole that they don’t have.

Back