Mourinho the next celtic manager?

According to my WhatsApp chat, the story has legs.

If appointed, Celtic will sell Edouard and Christie then make 2 marquee signings in Kane and Son
Kane and son. Is that a local decorators

Think it was before he went to Spurs some experts were saying that his next project might be to buy a lower league club and with his contact with some agents including (riolla sp) and try to take them up the leagues

First things first just look at the severance pay that Jose has accumulated- no way can Celtic afford £13m to sack him

He was on £15m a year at Spurs. Snot
He was on £15m a year at Spurs. So that'll be a naw.
it’s likely not true to say he was on £15 million a year, it’s more likely to say he’s still on £15 million a year at Spurs. Generally when a manager is sacked they remain on their salary for the length of their contract rather than being paid the full amount in advance. Generally theres a clause in the contract stipulating they will keep paying your salary until your contract expires unless you get another job. So this is where Celtic are ruled out, Jose is not giving up his £15 million a year so anyone who wants to employ him is going to have to match that. Now the point is he was never a target for them,, the point is Howe is on £80k a week until the end of his Bournemouth contract, that’s why he hasn’t signed...they can’t afford to match what he's still being paid by Bournemouth
it’s likely not true to say he was on £15 million a year, it’s more likely to say he’s still on £15 million a year at Spurs. Generally when a manager is sacked they remain on their salary for the length of their contract rather than being paid the full amount in advance. Generally theres a clause in the contract stipulating they will keep paying your salary until your contract expires unless you get another job. So this is where Celtic are ruled out, Jose is not giving up his £15 million a year so anyone who wants to employ him is going to have to match that. Now the point is he was never a target for them,, the point is Howe is on £80k a week until the end of his Bournemouth contract, that’s why he hasn’t signed...they can’t afford to match what he's still being paid by Bournemouth

As damaged as his reputation is, he could still easily get a mid table club in any of the top five leagues, with the possible exception of the EPL for the moment.

Clubs of the stature of Valencia or Leverkusen would take him in a heartbeat.

He isn’t coming to Scotland ffs

I think his wages will be too much for the biscuit tin?
Maybe the think the auld Portuguese man of war has still got!
Or is he just a big jelly fish?
Maybe they are still dreaming of Lisbon?

Obviously I don't think this is going to happen, but it would be brilliant if it did. Just the entertainment value, it would be hilarious. Can you imagine the special one commenting on Scottish Referees, what old Jo would have to say about the world class professionals at the SFA. I would pay to see that movie. I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

Will there not be a clash between the management styles and who gets which third of responsibilities between Howe, Mourinho and Pochettino?

Back