Moving Celtic Fans From The Broomloan – MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email asking for Club1872 to back the campaign. There is no intention to do so.

On the same email I asked for Club1872 to ask Rangers why our club did not make a statement on the abuse Russel Martin received.
Did Club 1872 say No mate

Then why are you even asking,just trying to cause grief
I've heard people refer to an SLO which mainly seems to be on Twitter which I don't do. Read a few times the question about secondary ticketing for the game against them was asked with no response.
Why is asking if a response ever came trying to cause grief? Should people just accept that a fans liaison officer only answers what suits? Do you have the answer to my question?

Why should I not ask the question on a rangers board about the rangers fans liaison officer because I don't know the fellas name that's just ridiculous mate.

So why hasn't it happened?

I've been hearing noises about moving them for years, long before we were in the lower leagues.

I don’t know for sure, but if pushed I would say our board are scared of upsetting the Tims.
There is ground swell of people now looking for change,but in the past it was just murmurings. It will happen sooner or later as the board will need too listen to the people that really count- the supporters

Maybe we should form a human shield around the broomy at the next game against them. Would any bears be wiling to sign up to stand guard to keep tramps out of the broomy?
Count me in brother. They would do fucking nothing because at the end of the day WATP. Ftp

Maybe we should form a human shield around the broomy at the next game against them. Would any bears be wiling to sign up to stand guard to keep tramps out of the broomy?

Aye, me. That's right up my street mate.

But i've got my civil head on, so let's keep it to the leaflets. :cool:

Quick question, given how Hearts cutting their allocation will have had almost identical segregation changes as ours hypothetically would, can we dismiss the safety copout as bs?

Why are the Marists given preferential treatment when they come to visit our Stadium . In the interests of fair play and sporting integrity they should be given the same hospitality we afford to any other club . A nice wee corner of their own . Why any Bear would be against this beats the hell out of me , our executives on the top floor think otherwise . Broomie4ThePeople.

Why are the Marists given preferential treatment when they come to visit our Stadium . In the interests of fair play and sporting integrity they should be given the same hospitality we afford to any other club . A nice wee corner of their own . Why any Bear would be against this beats the hell out of me , our executives on the top floor think otherwise . Broomie4ThePeople.
I don't want anyone other than Rangers fans in that corner personally, stick them in BF1

Chants at games along with leaflets would press home the feeling. Broomie for Bears rolls off the tongue.

Quick question, given how Hearts cutting their allocation will have had almost identical segregation changes as ours hypothetically would, can we dismiss the safety copout as bs?

I don't want anyone other than Rangers fans in that corner personally, stick them in BF1

It is not identical. Think carefully about the layout of the Broomloan Stand, which is 2 tiers. In the upper, tier there are only 2 stairwells which are the fire exits. The only other fire exit from the top is the side of the stand leading to the enclosure.

If the Broomloan Stand is fully segregated top to bottom and there is a fire or other incident blocking one of the stairwells, the segregation would have to be broken to get out down the other and/or the side exit.

Would YOU want to be in a potentially life endangering situation amongst hundreds of them? It would be difficult enough getting approx 3000 of one set of fans out the upper tier, let alone a mixed crowd with the absolute confusion and panic that would be going on at the time.

Hearts, IIRC has exits out onto a walkway and stairs down at the end to the road to the main stand side and another walkway round into the Wheatfield Stand side. That is easily segregated to divert fans in opposite directions.

Your other suggestion (BF1 only) means relocating the UB permanently, but unlikely to be given approval because of the risk of missiles from above.

It is not identical. Think carefully about the layout of the Broomloan Stand, which is 2 tiers. In the upper, tier there are only 2 stairwells which are the fire exits. The only other fire exit from the top is the side of the stand leading to the enclosure.

If the Broomloan Stand is fully segregated top to bottom and there is a fire or other incident blocking one of the stairwells, the segregation would have to be broken to get out down the other and/or the side exit.

Would YOU want to be in a potentially life endangering situation amongst hundreds of them? It would be difficult enough getting approx 3000 of one set of fans out the upper tier, let alone a mixed crowd with the absolute confusion and panic that would be going on at the time.

Hearts, IIRC has exits out onto a walkway and stairs down at the end to the road to the main stand side and another walkway round into the Wheatfield Stand side. That is easily segregated to divert fans in opposite directions.
Potentially identical. As in if we cut the allocations from the full broomloan to half, the segregation would be almost exactly the same just on a larger scale.

You could quite easily arrange this and have no blocked exits

Potentially identical. As in if we cut the allocations from the full broomloan to half, the segregation would be almost exactly the same just on a larger scale.

You could quite easily arrange this and have no blocked exits

How many staircase exits are there from the top tier of the Broomloan Stand?

I haven't been to The Piggery for about six or seven years? On entering the ground do we still have to walk through the corridor of big metal police barriers?

would it be to much to ask for them to be committal one way or another

Club 1872 represent a broad church of the Rangers fan base so maybe why they're non committal either way as they'll have members on the CCC's still wanting parkhead tickets , one of the main proposers of this action has already stated his RSC and 2/3 more that he knows of are of the same mind " Broomie for Bears " but he also admits that by this action more than likely ensures similar happening over in the east end but said RSC's will still be accepting Parkhead allocations which doesn't sit in all honesty unlike Papa Smurf who either passed his tickets on or informed the club he doesn't want Parkhead tickets.

This is the least of my concerns right now.

If it can be done sure go for it (which I reckon is a complete non starter from the board)

Every fan should be focusing their energy on King to get this club looking professional and either do that or step down as chairman and take some other director role.

Yes but its got worse since then as they now stop everyone in a bottleneck to let Celtic fans down London Road at numerous intervals.

We are herded like cattle and it's not good enough.

Cheers JM, wasn't sure if this was still the case.

If that's what we still need to put up with, then the mhanks should be put through the same at Ibrox. I'm all for moving them to the corner, but don't think it will ever happen because of the amount of tickets they would be cut to. I believe they should be given BF1 and BR1 and perhaps half of BF2 & BR2 with segregation/police/stewards in the rest of BF2 & BR2. This is the same type of segregation used at the piggery and has been used at other grounds with no incidents over the years.

Rangers fans would then continue the rest of the way around the ground with the Union Bears in the corner (perhaps even permanently as a standing section that could grow into the Broomloan front as the group gets bigger) The corner is far too prominent an area, in full view of the tv cameras, to put the mhanks in. If the UB's moved there they would be seen much better and be right in the heart of the Rangers support which may help to generate more atmosphere around them on non OF games.

All this would take was a couple of big shutters/gates in the Broomloan Front and Rear concourses and the use of the above mentioned police security barriers to herd that mhob in and out of the stadium, either off the roundabout where they come in just now, or from the passageway down from the ticket office.

As above. I’m meeting SR at the weekend.

Then on the final home game of the season plan to hand out 15k leaflets between the Broomloan and Copland. As well as bar72.

Would love to do the whole stadium, but logistically and cost wise, it won’t be possible.

Any more volunteers?

Then on the final home game of the season plan to hand out 15k leaflets between the Broomloan and Copland. As well as bar72.

Would love to do the whole stadium, but logistically and cost wise, it won’t be possible.

Any more volunteers?

Out of curiosity, has SR indicated that if x amount request them to be moved then he’ll go ahead with it?

Or is this just a token gesture by him to meet you.

Any more volunteers?

Just PM me the details on time and place to meet up before the leaflet drop mate, I'm not on facebook.

Cheers JM, wasn't sure if this was still the case.

If that's what we still need to put up with, then the mhanks should be put through the same at Ibrox. I'm all for moving them to the corner, but don't think it will ever happen because of the amount of tickets they would be cut to. I believe they should be given BF1 and BR1 and perhaps half of BF2 & BR2 with segregation/police/stewards in the rest of BF2 & BR2. This is the same type of segregation used at the piggery and has been used at other grounds with no incidents over the years.

Rangers fans would then continue the rest of the way around the ground with the Union Bears in the corner (perhaps even permanently as a standing section that could grow into the Broomloan front as the group gets bigger) The corner is far too prominent an area, in full view of the tv cameras, to put the mhanks in. If the UB's moved there they would be seen much better and be right in the heart of the Rangers support which may help to generate more atmosphere around them on non OF games.

All this would take was a couple of big shutters/gates in the Broomloan Front and Rear concourses and the use of the above mentioned police security barriers to herd that mhob in and out of the stadium, either off the roundabout where they come in just now, or from the passageway down from the ticket office.

So that would be BF2 and BR2 lying empty ? Plus more plod/stewards needed to control the segregation ? Can’t see that being a goer. Empty seats = less money. More plod/stewards = more money.

The costs for the scum game next week (loads available BTW) are as follows:

CELTIC V RANGERS - £49 ADULT, £49
CONCESSION & JUNIOR £49

So there it is in black and white. If it's reciprocal then one would assume that the entire Broomloan stand is sold at adult prices.

We will need to factor in the losses the club will incur when you factor in the kids ticket prices for the scum games.

Do we get concession tickets for the piggery? I don't recall ever getting one.

We have to win this fight now Bears. We have to think of every counter argument the Board will likely throw at us and be prepared to take them on all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back