Murty’s Substitutions

Murty has made some strange substitution decisions during his tenure, leaving Windass on yesterday was rather odd. He's also taken off our most influential/on form player in some games too, subbing McCrorie at 1-1 and bringing on Barjonas v Ross County at Ibrox comes to mind, that was a strange one, we went on to win the game 2-1, so what do I know?

Why are we substituting the leagues top scorer every single fn game? Pisses me off no end. I know Alfredo's style and workrate mean he's covering a lot of ground but he doesn't look tired coming off. Like most posters, for me, Cummings should be coming on to complement Morelos (and vice versa) not to replace him. I think that would benefit both of them. Jason would see much more of the ball where he's most dangerous and in turn would open up a lot of space for Freddy. Instead, we're conceding possession, momentum and territory up front and wasting Cummings talents. He doesn't want to play with his back to the goal, does he?

Last edited:
Why are we substituting the leagues top scorer every single fn game? Pisses me off no end. I know Alfredo's style and workrate mean he's covering a lot of ground but he doesn't look tired coming off. Like most posters, for me, Cummings should be coming on to complement Morelos (and vice versa) not to replace him. I think that would benefit both of them. Jason would see much more of the ball where he's most dangerous and in turn would open up a lot of space for Freddy. Instead, we're conceding possession, momentum and territory up front and wasting Cummings talents. He doesn't want to play with his back to the goal, does he?
How can we keep Morelos? He may be attracting bids of 9/10m but he is worth that (Ha almost but kindof he definitely is worth at least that) to us regardless of his goals. As a forward He helps create so much.

Back