Murty now 2nd Fav, McInnes floating back towards evens.

We got rid of Pedro because he was an unmitigated disaster who couldn't win 3 games in a row, if he had remained in charge it would have had catastrophic consequences.
How do you know?
What happens if McInnes gets the job, doesn't win three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
What happens when the next guy gets the job, doesn't win three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
What happens when the next guy gets the job, doesn't win three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
etc etc etc etc.

Last edited:
How do you know?
What happens if McInnes gets the job, doesn't min three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
What happens when the next guy gets the job, doesn't min three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
What happens when the next guy gets the job, doesn't min three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
etc etc etc etc.
Did u type that out or just copy and paste it ?

How do you know?
What happens if McInnes gets the job, doesn't min three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
etc etc etc etc.

3 wins in a row... it’s a pretty low bar that one and you’d have to be a pretty useless manager not to manage it with our squad in this league.

Correct
3 wins in a row... it’s a pretty low bar that one and you’d have to be a pretty useless manager not to manage it with our squad in this league.
For an established manager I would agree completely.
When someone has been in the jobs less than 6 months, built a brand new squad, coaching team and has to deal with senior players throwing their toys out the pram because they think they are better than they actually are, then I disagree.

I still think they are waiting for someone we would be happy with to negotiate their way out of something but cannot say anything in case it does not happen.
It is the only strategy that makes sense.

How do you know?
What happens if McInnes gets the job, doesn't win three in row, finishes third etc etc? we get rid of him?
etc etc etc etc.

How do we know?

Have you been sleep walking since Pedro was appointed?

He was a great guy but he couldn't manage a kids team, it was nothing short of scandalous that he was appointed in the first place, he was managing a mid table Qatari side for a reason.

We are competing against Killie, Motherwell, Partick etc and he struggled badly, all this played out against a backdrop of embarrassing sound bites from him.

pardew has seemingly bought a £1.2m mansion in Kilmacolm, Mrs text me to say is was leaked in her work which will remain anonymous for obvious reasons, she doesn’t like football or anything infact doesn’t really bother with it but text me 20 mins ago to say, now it might be a lot of tosh but I’ll chuck it out there.

Take of it what you will defo not ITK so don’t shoot the messenger.
Can't see any manager buying a place for that amount knowing they could be out the door in 6 months. Do these guys not normally just lease a place?

How do we know?

He was a great guy but he couldn't manage a kids team, it was nothing short of scandalous that he was appointed in the first place, he was managing a mid table Qatari side for a reason.

We are competing against Killie, Motherwell, Partick etc and he struggled badly, all this played out against a backdrop of embarrassing sound bites from him.
He also bought in some good players, had us at times playing really good football. He wanted to change how we played, he wanted to play football instead of the shambles that is Scottish football.

Given more time and the opportunity to bring in better and stronger players, I think he might have done it but like everyone else i dont know for sure.

Correct

When someone has been in the jobs less than 6 months, built a brand new squad, coaching team and has to deal with senior players throwing their toys out the pram because they think they are better than they actually are, then I disagree.
He had two games against taxi drivers from Luxembourg and still couldn't win 3 in a row.

We were in fourth place when the board binned him

Reactions: R-M
Hi all, new to follow follow, so hello all and big shout out to my fellow Sandy Jardine Front loyal.

One name that I am shocked has not been linked that I think is an ideal fit for us.

Martin Jol

Roda JC - 57 games 50.88% Win ratio
Hamburg 53 games 60.38% Win ratio
Ajax 77 games 64.94% Win ratio

He is being credited for the groundwork of the Spurs youth that Pochettino is now benefiting from. He's one of the most liked guys in football and Berbatov turned down a big money move to Serie A to work with him.

Went to Ahly SC in Egypt for the Arab coin but left after the uprising over fears of personal safety. I think he is a more than fitting candidate. Requires no compensation and I believe would do a really job for us. Thoughts?

Last edited:
How do we know?

Banning green boots, saying that Michael O'Halloran was shite and because the press laughed at him bought him time on here.

Exactly why I believe we got rid of PC far too quickly.
Sorry, i'm not with you at all here. PC should never have been appointed in the first place and if anything we gave him TOO long. The Progres result could have been a fluke, he was given the benefit of the doubt. After our poor start to the season we all knew what was coming.

It was 100% the correct decision to jettison him.

Hi all, new to follow follow, so hello all and big shout out to my fellow Sandy Jardine Front loyal.

One name that I am shocked has not been linked that I think is an ideal fit for us.

Martin Jol

He is being credited for the groundwork of the Spurs youth that Pochettino is now benefiting from. He's one of the most liked guys in football and Berbatov turned down a big money move to Serie A to work with him.

Went to Ahly SC in Egypt for the Arab coin but left after the uprising over fears of personal safety. I think he is a more than fitting candidate. Requires no compensation and I believe would do a really job for us. Thoughts?

Now that's an appointment that would excite me. Didn't know he was out of work

Correct

So what will it say when Murty wins 3 in a row on Saturday? The guy’s a youth team coach without full licenses, no pro level Cv, and has the same bunch of players you’re mentioning.

He also bought in some good players, had us at times playing really good football. He wanted to change how we played, he wanted to play football instead of the shambles that is Scottish football.

Given more time and the opportunity to bring in better and stronger players, I think he might have done it but like everyone else i dont know for sure.

Come on, he lost to the FOURTH best team in Luxembourg for heaven sake, a team which hadn't won a European game in their history, he should have been banished for that result alone, that's before we even talk about the shocking performances against the mhanks and the rest of the dross in the league.

He was a joke figure who couldn't back up his nonsensical, embarrassing ramblings with results, that's the bottom line.

Martin Jol

Didn’t we interview him in February?

Jol is a friend of a friend, as believe it or not Big Martin loves his modern art and have seen him at a few exhibitions. Will see if there’s anything coming up where I can ‘bump’ into him ha.

Didn’t we interview him in February?

Jol is a friend of a friend, as believe it or not Big Martin loves his modern art and have seen him at a few exhibitions. Will see if there’s anything coming up where I can ‘bump’ into him ha.

Take him round the GOMA in Glesga and show him the giant Jenga, then get him signed up HAHAH

Did we ever find out what the script was with Felix Magath? He still got shares?

Might as well throw another name in since everyone else has been mentioned.

The frustration grows with each passing day. What on earth could possibly be taking so long?

Sadly, I don't have the confidence in the board to get this right. It's really last chance saloon to stop the cockroaches from winning 9/10 IAR

Unless they are trying to get funds together for a massive appointment there really isn't any reason for this to take so long !

Just hope Murty can keep winning he has a thankless task just now.

The frustration grows with each passing day. What on earth could possibly be taking so long?

Sadly, I don't have the confidence in the board to get this right. It's really last chance saloon to stop the cockroaches from winning 9/10 IAR

Unless they are trying to get funds together for a massive appointment there really isn't any reason for this to take so long !

Just hope Murty can keep winning he has a thankless task just now.

21days, 3 weeks.

I honestly think they are bricking the decision. They are actively gambling with the season the longer this goes on and opens them to accusations of surrendering the season already.
They've had 2 bad calls before, a 3rd would finish them in the eyes of our support.

Reactions: R-M
How do you know?
etc etc etc etc.
When Murty’s Team wins at the weekend he will show Pedro up for the fraud that he was.

1st part in bold - He had maybe 1 or 2 games at a push where we played good, there was nothing else. The guy was a chancer.

2nd part, he had us lumping it forward route 1!!!

Martin Jol

Martin Jol you say.
Interesting.
I didn't know he was unemployed at the moment.

The Rangers board members are not fit for purpose. They clearly haven't got a clue what to do and who to appoint as our manager. There is no excuse for how long this is taking imo, for them to come out and say they haven't even interviewed anyone yet is just mental for a club our size.

The Rangers board members are not fit for purpose. They clearly haven't got a clue what to do and who to appoint as our manager. There is no excuse for how long this is taking imo, for them to come out and say they haven't even interviewed anyone yet is just mental for a club our size.

On the other hand, had they rushed the appointment and got it wrong they would be even more greatly criticised, and it would leave us in a terrible position. The next appointment need to be the right one, no matter how long the process, as long as it is the right man to take us forward. We are fortunate the squad are responding well under Murty's watch which is allowing the luxury of time to make the right call.

21days, 3 weeks.

I honestly think they are bricking the decision. They are actively gambling with the season the longer this goes on and opens them to accusations of surrendering the season already.
They've had 2 bad calls before, a 3rd would finish them in the eyes of our support.

Something's not right that's for sure. It was coming from the Progres result which was MONTHS ago and they have no idea who is to replace him. Shambolic.

Either bricking it as you say and don't have a clue what to do or they are pulling resources together for a big appointment.

Hope to god it the latter...

Something's not right that's for sure. It was coming from the Progres result which was MONTHS ago and they have no idea who is to replace him. Shambolic.

Either bricking it as you say and don't have a clue what to do or they are pulling resources together for a big appointment.

Hope to god it the latter...

Or pulling the resources together for a mediocre appointment. :)

Martin Jol

One of the best shouts Ive seen yet for the position

21days, 3 weeks.

Warburton was only a bad call with hindsight. He was a good fit at the time to sort out the mess Ally had left and get us promoted. He seemed to lose interest when the going got tough in his second season but wasn't a terrible appointment initially, that's a bit of revision. He was widely acclaimed as a bit of a catch at the time.

Pedro on the other hand....

Martin Jol

Has he done anything of note recently that makes him a credible candidate?

And while we're throwing former Premiership manager's names out there, what's FF's opinion on Roberto Martinez as Rangers manager?

Are you going to answer my question about how you managed the ultimate troll and find a post of mine from over 2 years old on the old board? When I tried it myself and couldn't find it. Then post it on here??

So?

Back