My Blue Room (small update)

I used to think I wasn't a houseproud person and wasn't arsed about not owning my house, but at 32 and still renting with no end in sight, I realise I'd probably want to do something like this.

If only I'd stuck in at school.

Top notch, absolutely superb and well worth all the hard work and effort that you’ve obviously put in.

You should blueprint everything, cut a deal with the suppliers & tradesmen and hire yourself out as a contractor to build these to order. I think there’s more than a few on here who’d happily sell a kidney to afford a room like that!

That's a fantastic room and I would like to pass on my congratulations from the Jealous as Fluck loyal :p

@Laudrup1

Outstanding work mate. Jealous of it, and your workmanship!

Any successful visits from the lads yet to the gers?

Oh, and did you have to get planning permission? Just thinking of that as a comparisonto the tim who had to undo his boy’s garden pitch.

30affy0.jpg

@Laudrup1

Outstanding work mate. Jealous of it, and your workmanship!

Any successful visits from the lads yet to the gers?

Oh, and did you have to get planning permission? Just thinking of that as a comparison to the tim who had to undo his boy’s garden pitch.

It was replacing an existing structure so when I checked with building control / full planning wasn't needed.

Got a Certificate of Lawfulness regardless so that there's no issues (there shouldn't be anyway but it's always good to have your title deeds correct) if we ever want to sell it all the same.

When I was looking in to it, I was surprised at how much you could actually do before needing planning. Can't remember the figures off the top of my head but you could build on up to something like 40% of your garden area which seems massive before needing planning.

There's also limitations on that 40% amount depending on distance from boundary and height etc.

I didn't read much of the Edinburgh guy's stuff but just as likely that there's something in the tenancy agreement with neighbours that stops him doing what he did rather than "planning" though that might have been how the papers reported it to dumb it all down. It'll be like housing estates where you're not allowed to park works vehicles on your own driveway despite owning it.

A few of the folk round us have required planning for a couple of extensions and well all get on pretty well so no one raises objections. His neighbours possibly hate him.

It was replacing an existing structure so when I checked with building control / full planning wasn't needed.

Got a Certificate of Lawfulness regardless so that there's no issues (there shouldn't be anyway but it's always good to have your title deeds correct) if we ever want to sell it all the same.

When I was looking in to it, I was surprised at how much you could actually do before needing planning. Can't remember the figures off the top of my head but you could build on up to something like 40% of your garden area which seems massive before needing planning.

There's also limitations on that 40% amount depending on distance from boundary and height etc.

I didn't read much of the Edinburgh guy's stuff but just as likely that there's something in the tenancy agreement with neighbours that stops him doing what he did rather than "planning" though that might have been how the papers reported it to dumb it all down. It'll be like housing estates where you're not allowed to park works vehicles on your own driveway despite owning it.

A few of the folk round us have required planning for a couple of extensions and well all get on pretty well so no one raises objections. His neighbours possibly hate him.
Of course they hate him and if they don't they bloody well should!

Your blue room looks fantastic mate.

Finally got round to putting a 2nd screen in. Managed to get the feeds to it and the projector separately so I can have the live game on the big screen and SSN on for the scores coming in.

Also spent the morning building a gantry. Quite happy with that for £20's worth of wood.

Last edited:
Unbelievable set up.

Seen a few of these types, but this place looks professional.

Great job. Off to sit in my garage and dream.

What's the Amstel like through the Torps? I've stuck with the Heineken, Moretti and Tiger so far.

It's my favourite along with the Heineken.

I reckon it's better than the Moretti.

I think the Heineken is sometimes crisper but it might depend on the batch.

It's my go to pint in a pub so I buy it rather than the others for that reason really.

Back