My unfortunate half time

Don’t worry mate I’m not getting much sympathy from people I actually know! Haha
Keep us posted on your recovery, ankle breaks are common, but sometimes complex, a lass I worked with in the Falklands snapped her ankle so it was clean out the socket - they still aren't sure what the end game is for her operations etc.

I missed this until now, I did have a giggle at the fud for wearing flip flops comment but hey - hope you’re better soon. That’s a sore one.

Edit cause autocorrect didn’t like Fud. What a fud.

Last edited:
Keep us posted on your recovery, ankle breaks are common, but sometimes complex, a lass I worked with in the Falklands snapped her ankle so it was clean out the socket - they still aren't sure what the end game is for her operations etc.
Yeah mate thought it might have been a quick cast/op then sorted but it’s causing all sorts of issues.

Just back in ward after getting it recasted, fucking agony as they have to force it in to place. No operation is the plan now hope it mends naturally.

TBH mate, although I had a 2 hour operation to insert plates/screws and you have went down the non operation route, there was no way I could make the football, you’ll be in agony, hopping about on crutches, your hips/arms will be in agony moving about in the crutches, ankle swollen, heavy painkillers along with lack of sleep, I was f ucked for about 4/6 weeks, maybe have to give the football a miss for a while.

TBH mate, although I had a 2 hour operation to insert plates/screws and you have went down the non operation route, there was no way I could make the football, you’ll be in agony, hopping about on crutches, your hips/arms will be in agony moving about in the crutches, ankle swollen, heavy painkillers along with lack of sleep, I was f ucked for about 4/6 weeks, maybe have to give the football a miss for a while.
What painkillers did they give you mate I asked a nurse and she said “l I’m not sure maybe paracetamol or cocodamol” which surely can’t be right as I already take cocodamol for a bad back and this is much much worse.

I share my ticket with my brother so he will get it for now at least it won’t go to waste.

What painkillers did they give you mate I asked a nurse and she said “l I’m not sure maybe paracetamol or cocodamol” which surely can’t be right as I already take cocodamol for a bad back and this is much much worse.

I share my ticket with my brother so he will get it for now at least it won’t go to waste.
Mate we love our team but you need to think of your recovery, in hospital I got Oxygen / Oral Morphine and when I got out I got Tramadol from my doctor, please read through all my posts with everything I’ve said, although my fractures (9 in total) are more complex than yours, you are in for a tough time especially as you have stairs in your property.

Hello mate how is your recovery going

I broke my ankle 3 months ago, I've been dead for 2!

But in all seriousness, once I got shot of the boot (after a week of misdiagnosis) I'm still swollen and get pain from it, climbing stairs is the worst and it clicks every time I rotate it.

Going to pay for a private physio as NHS are 3 months away.

I broke my ankle 3 months ago, I've been dead for 2!

But in all seriousness, once I got shot of the boot (after a week of misdiagnosis) I'm still swollen and get pain from it, climbing stairs is the worst and it clicks every time I rotate it.

Going to pay for a private physio as NHS are 3 months away.
My fracture clinic 10 weeks ago forgot to book my Physio Appointment so now I will be waiting another 2/3 months, thinking of going private myself but mines is complicated as I my heel bone broke into 9 pieces, the private physio wouldn’t have access to my NHS records unless I ask/pay for them to be made available to them.

One of my pals dislocated his ankle tripping on a rug at home. Stupid bastard tried to just man up and get on with it. He ended up losing his foot as it cut off the blood flow to it.

You just never know.

Not anywhere near as bad, but after putting up with a toothache for weeks, I finally went to the dentist last week who informed me I had a major abscess and he’s seen several people end up hospital with major secondary infections and sometimes sepsis on the back of similar :eek:

Tooth was hoyed out and anti-biotics course prescribed.

Still pretty much bed ridden but out of hospital after a week. They didn’t operate due to my other health issues so hoping it’s knitting back together. Cast is just so uncomfortable.
Ok mate, hopefully you get a boot soon and your painkillers are taking the edge off it and your getting some sleep.

Aye getting there. Still sore now and then but a lot better. Cast for another couple of weeks I think then a moon boot.
Moon boot is a game changer.
You'll get physio as part of your rehab. Will be a pain in the arse but follow the plan to the letter. We'll worth it.
I remember years ago being at physio following a ruptured achilles and doing the exercises while the physio went to check on another patient.
This voice from across the room 'it's OK she's away you can stop doing the exercise'
Look over and see this guy. 'Eh?'
'I said you can stop doing the exercises she's away. That's what I do with my leg exercises'
'That'll be why you're in a fuckin wheelchair then':rolleyes:

Moon boot is a game changer.
You'll get physio as part of your rehab. Will be a pain in the arse but follow the plan to the letter. We'll worth it.
I remember years ago being at physio following a ruptured achilles and doing the exercises while the physio went to check on another patient.
This voice from across the room 'it's OK she's away you can stop doing the exercise'
Look over and see this guy. 'Eh?'
'I said you can stop doing the exercises she's away. That's what I do with my leg exercises'
'That'll be why you're in a fuckin wheelchair then':rolleyes:
Physio ffs, the fracture clinic forgot to book mine, 18 weeks after my operation and I’m still waiting on an appointment, maybe have to go private

Physio ffs, the fracture clinic forgot to book mine, 18 weeks after my operation and I’m still waiting on an appointment, maybe have to go private
Try and do some light movement with it . The longer you leave it worse it'll get.
Even go online and look for exercises for that injury.

Try and do some light movement with it . The longer you leave it worse it'll get.
Even go online and look for exercises for that injury.
I’ve bought those colour resistance bands on Amazon to do exercises with, my doctor got me a quick physio appointment with my local practice, he gave me the basics but urged me to wait for the Glasgow Royal Infirmary Physio’s to okay me to go to the Gym for Static Bikes etc, I’m currently out walking about 6,000/10,000 steps a day

Its a start, just have to be patient I suppose.

Back