Select Your Tier

• Bronze

Votes: 509 46.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 390 35.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 196 17.9%

• Total voters
Mate, cmon.. How many fans do you reckon only go to European away matches? I honestly can't think of one friend who only attends Euro matches.

It's the same faces you see everywhere, and some of them will most likely miss out in this new ticket system.

The club have effectively replaced a near perfect system for European away matches with a worse one, its actually ridiculous.

So those guys who attend Euro away also do Ibrox. Do they do friendlies and cup games? Are they supporting the club on CCCS? Most of the high points guys do so aren't worse off. Mid point and low points europe its a mixed bag.

Should the club try and reward those that are consistently backing the team in various ways? I think they should.

I was taking it back to 2010/11 season but that would’ve been easy to understand if you were in the TC considering that season was included in the initial points for the first progres game

So 'well over a decade' is really just a few seasons.

So those guys who attend Euro away also do Ibrox. Do they do friendlies and cup games? Are they supporting the club on CCCS? Most of the high points guys do so aren't worse off. Mid point and low points europe its a mixed bag.

Should the club try and reward those that are consistently backing the team in various ways? I think they should.
I'm bronze and I was on 10 TC points, I personally don't attend friendlies, and my previous away tickets came from my RSC.

Even if I was silver or gold there's a chance I could miss out a European match to a guy who's never been to one, you reckon that's a fair system?

Couldn't the travel club have been merged with MyGers in a better way?

I was thinking 1000 in gold would leave 500 for each game.

We've almost 200 here on FollowFollow who’ve voted in the poll to say they are in Gold. I’d bet we have over 500 on FF in total who are Gold. And that’s just FF, never mind those who don’t post here. 1000 in Gold would leave a whopping 23,000 split between Silver and Bronze. I can see Gold being 10% rather than the 15% I’ve suggested but even that would be getting towards 2,500.

Mate what have I avoided?

The club made the decision to reflect collective loyalty including all aspects of match attendance.

There are very few non-ST holding travel club fans on high TC points - I appreciate their frustration and keen to look at options but generally those who travel most are high points ST holders
You really havent answered and have avoided the whole TC questions. I am in lower bronze and ST for 4 years and have 13 TC points. This season alone I reckon non-ST folk could be on around 7 points out of a max of 15. They would be in equivalent of silver in my view.

We've almost 200 here on FollowFollow who’ve voted in the poll to say they are in Gold. I’d bet we have over 500 on FF in total who are Gold. And that’s just FF, never mind those who don’t post here. 1000 in Gold would leave a whopping 23,000 split between Silver and Bronze. I can see Gold being 10% rather than the 15% I’ve suggested but even that would be getting towards 2,500.

Interesting, I really thought it would be a very small amount.

It’s only unfair if you look at them as two different groups of fans, you could easily say someone who’s been to Hamilton Livi and St Johnstone 16 times over the last X number of years deserves just as much chance at a European ticket than someone who’s enjoyed trips to Vienna, Moscow, Porto etc.

Great post mate and my views exactly, i dont think euro and domestic away tickets should be treated any different.

So 'well over a decade' is really just a few seasons.

We could go further back for the older guys in question if you wanted, me less so as I’m only a fairly new TC member but had 11 points as of Braga

Only home Euro and friendly games qualify for points. You get block points per CCCS per season
Aye, but there's people not on CCCS who will still have bought them too so they have to be counted.

1. In certain games they are guaranteed - Semis/FInals will be top down as with OF games and the potential for more to be done in that method. Remember that the general away games where its changed was a complete random ballot so gold and silver will have a better chance than last season of getting a ticket generally

2. A fans overall profile is now considered not just Euro away - there will be winners and losers from this.

3. Travel club I suspect will be top down or guaranteed tickets for Gold though it depends on how tight the allocation is - easier there as no RSC allocation in Europe to put more into the MyGers numbers
Just on point one.

When you sign up to CCCS for all non-ST homes this season it still says you have to check this to be eligible for priority for Semi Finals and Finals.

I assume that means its top down from gold, but to be eligible you have to have checked the CCCS for all non-ST games, paid and activated your seat at the turnstile?

I.e. a Gold Tier person who hasn't activated their ticket for every non-ST home match will not get a ticket before someone in Silver who has? Or a Gold Tier who hasn't ticked the box won't get a ticket before Silver or Bronze who has?

Have I got that right?

Last edited:
Was the CCCS for finals and semi finals points for 6 seasons. I have checked my order history and am 50 points short by my reckoning. Only way I can explain this is if CCCS was for 5 seasons or they have missed 10 non ST games at Ibrox. Was not away scheme as the last time I was in that was 2015/16 and I know that does not count.

I cant actually beleive the TC has been thrown in the mix with everything else.

As a stand alone scheme which was already up and running, generating cash through registration and the biggest point, giving supporters the ability to climb the points ladder which was already established.

The club have scrapped it all and told all the far travelled and much spent supporters that all their previous efforts following the team isnt worth much more than an annual RTV subscription

As a stand alone scheme which was already up and running, generating cash through registration and the biggest point, giving supporters the ability to climb the points ladder which was already established.

The club have scrapped it all and told all the far travelled and much spent supporters that all their previous efforts following the team isnt worth much more than an annual RTV subscription
Greg wont answer questions on the TC. Appears the focus groups didnt give a toss about it.

I see people talking about those on Gold and Silver tiers may not necessarily purchase away tickets when they become available as they dont go.

The cynic in me thinks that this will now change and that most will buy when they can, even if they do not plan on going, to get points and keep their status. And ten sell on to family or friends.
This is exactly what will happen.

Still think the tickets should be allocated to the tiers on a rated system. That way the top tier fans are rightly prioritised or it makes a tiered loyalty scheme pointless.

Gold - can apply for all games. Priority to be able to apply first for Celtic away - can Also apply first with priority for Euro Away tickets and semi finals and finals at Hampden first with a deadline.

Silver - Can apply for most games (Celtic if gold don’t take all tickets) and next ranked away games like Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts/Motherwell) - apply for Euro Away tickets after gold deadline passed and semi finals and finals after gold and silver levels have passed.

Bronze - Can apply for all other domestic games out-with the top 5 domestic games mentioned above. Obviously can apply for them should it drop down to Bronze level after Gold and silver deadlines passed albeit it very unlikely. Can apply for Euro Away’s and semi finals and finals after Gold and silver deadlines passed.

This is pretty similar to how Chelsea’s work. Fans on lowest points with them have to earn points unfortunately by going to the lowest ranked games where tickets are more likely to be available. This would only really work for us when it’s large away allocations like Livingston/St Johnstone as the majority of our fans don’t pick and choose where they go and never have done. Bronze level still get a chance of tickets to boost points when it will be first come first served for games out with the top ranked ones.

That said I think this is the fairest way and it incorporates similar aspects to the way our tickets have been allocated previously with the Travel Club and semi finals and finals where tickets would only filter down to STH’s and public sale after the CCCS sales were done.

Would be interested to see @Greg Marshall thoughts on this and if the club are going with this (when he gets a chance!) - hope I’ve explained it well and happy to clarify parts that don’t make sense.

This all day long!

You really havent answered and have avoided the whole TC questions. I am in lower bronze and ST for 4 years and have 13 TC points. This season alone I reckon non-ST folk could be on around 7 points out of a max of 15. They would be in equivalent of silver in my view.

Just saying I haven’t answered them doesn’t make it true. I’m not replying to every point made as I’d not be able to get off here and people are entitled to hold their opinions on the topic.

Non-ST folk should be on silver in your opinion?

Also just to add you actually haven’t asked a question there. You’ve made a statement.

I was taking it back to 2010/11 season but that would’ve been easy to understand if you were in the TC considering that season was included in the initial points for the first progres game

Same point then mate i have bearely missed a domestic match or anything else i can buy from the club. New business and 2 young kids unable to go away in europe but now circumstances have changed how do i go about getting euro trips ???

Not criticism mate just a question??

As I've mentioned previously in this thread how can the away scheme receive 50 points per season and earns the club no income, yet the TC points are only worth 5 each and it earns the club income at £20 per membership?
Whatever your opinion that's clearly unfair

I don't have a problem with the rest of the scheme but the points I've raised clearly needs addressing

Still think the tickets should be allocated to the tiers on a rated system. That way the top tier fans are rightly prioritised or it makes a tiered loyalty scheme pointless.

Gold - can apply for all games first (inc Celtic away) - can apply for Euro Away tickets and semi finals and finals at Hampden first with a deadline.

Silver - Can apply for most games (Celtic if gold don’t take all tickets) and next ranked away games like Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts/Motherwell) - apply for Euro Away tickets after gold deadline passed and semi finals and finals after gold and silver levels have passed.

Bronze - Can apply for all other domestic games out-with the top 5 domestic games mentioned above. Obviously can apply for them should it drop down to Bronze level after Gold and silver deadlines passed albeit it very unlikely. Can apply for Euro Away’s and semi finals and finals after Gold and silver deadlines passed.

This is pretty similar to how Chelsea’s work. Fans on lowest points with them have to earn points unfortunately by going to the lowest ranked games where tickets are more likely to be available. This would only really work for us when it’s large away allocations like Livingston/St Johnstone as the majority of our fans don’t pick and choose where they go and never have done.

That said I think this is the fairest way and it incorporates similar aspects to the way our tickets have been allocated previously with the Travel Club and semi finals and finals where tickets would only filter down to STH’s and public sale after the CCCS sales were done.

Would be interested to see @Greg Marshall thoughts on this

The way the tickets are allocated between the tiers is something that there is scope to develop.

Quite like some of these thoughts and some of them are factored into the plan already.

As I've mentioned previously in this thread how can the away scheme receive 50 points per season and earns the club no income, yet the TC points are only worth 5 each and it earns the club income at £20 per membership?

I don't have a problem with the rest of the scheme but the points I've raised clearly needs addressing

A lot of people were on over 10 points for TC so would have got 50 points (Or more)

The way the tickets are allocated between the tiers is something that there is scope to develop.

Quite like some of these thoughts and some of them are factored into the plan already.

Have since edited the post to hopefully make it more clear.

Same point then mate i have bearely missed a domestic match or anything else i can buy from the club. New business and 2 young kids unable to go away in europe but now circumstances have changed how do i go about getting euro trips ???

You'd join the travel club and apply for a ticket, if unsuccessful you'd be awarded a point, which would give you a better chance of a ticket in the future.

Bear in mind some of those TC points could have been for unsuccessful applications.

You'd join the travel club and apply for a ticket, if unsuccessful you'd be awarded a point, which would give you a better chance of a ticket in the future.

So ive to go to every ground in scotland, sit at Ibrox for meaningless friendlies, spending a fortune on the road. Then apply for the travel club?? Guessing i would have to send an itinerary with my travel plans costing more to be told i dont have a ticket??

Aye, but there's people not on CCCS who will still have bought them too so they have to be counted.

Just on point one.

When you sign up to CCCS for all non-ST homes this season it still says you have to check this to be eligible for priority for Semi Finals and Finals.

I assume that means its top down from gold, but to be eligible you have to have checked the CCCS for all non-ST games, paid and activated your seat at the turnstile?

I.e. a Gold Tier person who hasn't activated their ticket for every non-ST home match will not get a ticket before someone in Silver who has? Or a Gold Tier who hasn't ticked the box won't get a ticket before Silver or Bronze who has?

Have I got that right?

Correct. Cccs is still first priority but MyGers is a bonus.

I think he meant 50 pts for each season in the TC as per other schemes so 150 pts in total.

Sorry, he would have. My mistake.

On the Travel Club I do think people on Sliver and Bronze will still get tickets providing the club make it absolutely clear that tickets are collected abroad with ID. Not every single gold person will apply meaning people who had big points in the TC who now find themselves in the lower tiers will still have a very good chance of tickets and in turn increasing their points.

If the club allow people to collect tickets from the Ticket Office or have them posted out, it runs the risk of the system being played.

Just saying I haven’t answered them doesn’t make it true. I’m not replying to every point made as I’d not be able to get off here and people are entitled to hold their opinions on the topic.

Non-ST folk should be on silver in your opinion?

Also just to add you actually haven’t asked a question there. You’ve made a statement.
Silver in a TC scheme was what I meant. My questions were asked earlier in the thread as with others and ignored.

Yeah, so its a win-win. You get the ticket (which you would hopefully use but which you can sell should you choose to go down that route) - or you get the point. For me, it just leads to the system being abused. It was an oft-mentioned problem with the TC as well. Now its being suggested for MyGers. I don't think it a good idea.

In truth, the Club have a few months to optimise and refine their plans.

So ive to go to every ground in scotland, sit at Ibrox for meaningless friendlies, spending a fortune on the road. Then apply for the travel club?? Guessing i would have to send an itinerary with my travel plans costing more to be told i dont have a ticket??
This was the previous system mate, you accumulated points the more matched you attended. Which is probably the fairest system.

This was the previous system mate, you accumulated points the more matched you attended. Which is probably the fairest system.

Yes but what am asking is. Now my situation has changed. Do i need to send an itinerary to the travel club?? Meaning it would be costing me fortunes to not get a ticket?? If so how cluld i possibly get to games abroad?

If mygers wasn’t implemented, you could’ve joined the TC scheme and applied. You might not be successful but if you’re able to go to games and keep applying you’d eventually earn enough points to climb up the ladder

I went from struggling for Vienna, had Indy flights I cut losses on and booked day trip, to virtually being guaranteed any game I wanted. For 2 full years the majority of my annual leave has went on holidays for rangers games

Before 2017 I couldn’t go to euro trips due to the job I was in and I had to get on with it. Yeah it’s not great and everyone’s circumstances are different, but the old TC was fair

Silver in a TC scheme was what I meant. My questions were asked earlier in the thread as with others and ignored.

As ive asked in a few previous questions to people.
So your silver im gold. Circumstances have prevailed me attending away in europe. Now Circumstances have changed. How would i go about getting to aways in europe?? If travel club still excisted?? Bearing in mind i havent missed anything in 5 years. My understanding is join the travel club,send itinerary and then be unsuccessful?? That correct?

If mygers wasn’t implemented, you could’ve joined the TC scheme and applied. You might not be successful but if you’re able to go to games and keep applying you’d eventually earn enough points to climb up the ladder

I went from struggling for Vienna, had Indy flights I cut losses on and booked day trip, to virtually being guaranteed any game I wanted. For 2 full years the majority of my annual leave has went on holidays for Rangers games

Before 2017 I couldn’t go to euro trips due to the job I was in and I had to get on with it. Yeah it’s not great and everyone’s circumstances are different, but the old TC was fair

So its to cost me fortunes to be unsuccessful??

As ive asked in a few previous questions to people.
So your silver im gold. Circumstances have prevailed me attending away in europe. Now Circumstances have changed. How would i go about getting to aways in europe?? If travel club still excisted?? Bearing in mind i havent missed anything in 5 years. My understanding is join the travel club,send itinerary and then be unsuccessful?? That correct?

That’s the exact thing everyone had to do to get on the TC ladder. It was a rolling 3 year period so eventually if you kept applying you’d accumulate points and be in a position you’d be guaranteed tickets

Bear in mind some of those TC points could have been for unsuccessful applications.
You could never get to high points without actually going to games except for the seasons you could cheat with ticket pick up at Ibrox/post. Once you got to 2 or 3 points you pretty much got the majority of tickets.

Sorry, he would have. My mistake.

On the Travel Club I do think people on Sliver and Bronze will still get tickets providing the club make it absolutely clear that tickets are collected abroad with ID. Not every single gold person will apply meaning people who had big points in the TC who now find themselves in the lower tiers will still have a very good chance of tickets and in turn increasing their points.

If the club allow people to collect tickets from the Ticket Office or have them posted out, it runs the risk of the system being played.
100%.

There needs to be a no exceptions rule from now on with ticket pick ups at a nominated place. The club have the responsibility, now more than ever with this scheme, that ticketing isn't being abused, and this is one that is totally within their control.

So its to cost me fortunes to be unsuccessful??

The exact dilemma that hundreds of rangers fans, including myself, have been in.
I knew the risks but I wanted to go on the trips so took the chances; I’ve been majorly out of pocket for Indy flights I’ve not used as I’ve had to apply day trip due to work or to maximise chance of getting a ticket

TC was fair

100%.

There needs to be a no exceptions rule from now on with ticket pick ups at a nominated place. The club have the responsibility, now more than ever with this scheme, that ticketing isn't being abused, and this is one that is totally within their control.
Yes,tell everyone that this is going to be the ticket collection method from now on,no chopping and changing.
Then everyone can factor ticket uplift into their travel plans.

100%.

Moscow and UFA were fine without local pickup. You had to show your Russian Visa to get the point. I don't think many forked out over £100 for a visa or tried forging one and didn't go :))

The exact dilemma that hundreds of Rangers fans, including myself, have been in.
I knew the risks but I wanted to go on the trips so took the chances; I’ve been majorly out of pocket for Indy flights I’ve not used as I’ve had to apply day trip due to work or to maximise chance of getting a ticket

TC was fair

So what about all the people i knew who were tweakimg peoples itineraries??? That fair??

Back