Mygers points being updated

After a terrible season dropping off points wise and not even 2 months after forking out £2600 for tickets for seville (tickets that sponsors and players were chucking about like confetti and even the tea ladies hairdersser got) eventually end up with enough points to make it into gold......and it's saying I'm still a silver pleb. Couldn't make it up.

I’ve crept into gold by 9 points. Not sure how much difference that will really make. Maybe get a couple more away games?

I’ve crept into gold by 9 points. Not sure how much difference that will really make. Maybe get a couple more away games?
If you manage to remain in gold you should get more away tickets. Last season it was on average :

Gold: 5 Matches
Silver: 2 Matches
Bronze: 1 Match

But with only 9 points in it you could move back down to silver during the season.
Better get you wallet out and start buying stuff that you don`t want or normally wouldn`t buy

Just checked MyGers points tally (826) but noticed Rangers moved the starting points tally for silver up to 1070.

Can someone explain how bronze members are able to get to silver at any point (and for that matter silver to gold) in the near(ish) future, say the next 5 years MyGers period if they keep doing this? I don't see how it's achievable. I signed up for every match I was entitled to and registered for every away match I could so I'm doing my bit.

I do understand Rangers have to move it up a little each year to prevent too many members in each tier and look after the gold members but if they move it too much it's a bit like just paying the interest on a loan and not actually paying back any of the loan (as I currently do with my student loan) it never gets paid back if you see where I'm coming from.

At this stage I'm asking myself, what is the point being on MyGers now?? It got me onto the season ticket waiting list and then got me a season ticket (which I'm grateful for). However I don't see any other major benefit now (bar the small novelty thing throughout the season like competitions and small discounts at the store).

Just checked MyGers points tally (826) but noticed Rangers moved the starting points tally for silver up to 1070.

Can someone explain how bronze members are able to get to silver at any point (and for that matter silver to gold) in the near(ish) future, say the next 5 years MyGers period if they keep doing this? I don't see how it's achievable. I signed up for every match I was entitled to and registered for every away match I could so I'm doing my bit.

I do understand Rangers have to move it up a little each year to prevent too many members in each tier and look after the gold members but if they move it too much it's a bit like just paying the interest on a loan and not actually paying back any of the loan (as I currently do with my student loan) it never gets paid back if you see where I'm coming from.

At this stage I'm asking myself, what is the point being on MyGers now?? It got me onto the season ticket waiting list and then got me a season ticket (which I'm grateful for). However I don't see any other major benefit now (bar the small novelty thing throughout the season like competitions and small discounts at the store).
Buy everything being offered and hope essentially

You need to keep buying everything you can and hope those ahead of you don't

If you manage to remain in gold you should get more away tickets. Last season it was on average :

Gold: 5 Matches
Silver: 2 Matches
Bronze: 1 Match

But with only 9 points in it you could move back down to silver during the season.
Better get you wallet out and start buying stuff that you don`t want or normally wouldn`t buy
Or just attend all home games until next update and see how it goes likely be fine

After a terrible season dropping off points wise and not even 2 months after forking out £2600 for tickets for seville (tickets that sponsors and players were chucking about like confetti and even the tea ladies hairdersser got) eventually end up with enough points to make it into gold......and it's saying I'm still a silver pleb. Couldn't make it up.
Many of the emails are wrong. You can login online and get your proper tier. Although it looks like 'correcting' emails might now be going out, reading some posts above.

My points they have sent me for the games and stuff i havent even been to and things i have arent on it. Lol. Absolute shambles

My points they have sent me for the games and stuff i havent even been to and things i have arent on it. Lol. Absolute shambles
The list of Away games is just that, a list of games eligible to be counted. Nothing more. It doesn't signify that you went to them. The games prior to the first RC Away were done on a different basis from memory.

Riddle me this:

How can there be less members in July 22 than July 21, yet there’s now approximately 1000 more members in gold?

Tier numbers versus the last update in April:

TierApril 2022July 2022+ / -
Gold2,9243,481+557
Silver14,23014,534+304
Bronze24,24822,521-1727
Total41,40240,536-866

1,305 here, so relatively high silver which should be enough for Hampden tickets. All I want it for to be honest.
800 less members overall but an extra 557 added to gold

How the club explaining that one @Greg Marshall

Loyalty?

Shit happens being gold is nowhere near as deep as some people think haha
Oh I agree.
But imo this is only going to result in panic setting in with some and cash being parted with for products that aren`t necessarily wanted or needed.

In an ideal world it would be match attendance/intent to attend matches only that shold be measured.

Failing that all purchases should be takein into account (merch food etc) or none

Oh I agree.
But imo this is only going to result in panic setting in with some and cash being parted with for products that aren`t necessarily wanted or needed.

In an ideal world it would be match attendance/intent to attend matches only that shold be measured.

Failing that all purchases should be takein into account (merch food etc) or none
Hopefully people don’t go crazy buying things they can’t really afford, the food purchases would be interesting a cold burger, bovril and food poisoning for 2 points

Hopefully people don’t go crazy buying things they can’t really afford, the food purchases would be interesting a cold burger, bovril and food poisoning for 2 points
Aww skew buying 5 pies to accrue maximum points. It would happen

In case anyone is keeping a record of MyGers points, I'm on 1446 and my Dad, who passed away in 2010 is on 1411.

Think it should be a higher amount of points for what we get served up haha (currently, not slagging off our new catering provider just yet).

But the point for club shop merch is more valid i think. Folk could over the course of the season be paying server hundred £ and getting no recognition . Compared to someone who might buy a programme here or there

So I don’t need to read through the whole thread can someone explain how I’ve went from 1507 points which got me a Europa league final ticket to 1417? Renewed my season ticket this year, got mygers on auto renewal, didn’t apply for any away tickets last season but applied this season. Go to all home games and cup games. I’m not moaning about it just not sure how it works.

So I don’t need to read through the whole thread can someone explain how I’ve went from 1507 points which got me a Europa league final ticket to 1417? Renewed my season ticket this year, got mygers on auto renewal, didn’t apply for any away tickets last season but applied this season. Go to all home games and cup games. I’m not moaning about it just not sure how it works.

A season drops off every year as the points are calculated over a 5 year rolling period.

In this case the points for 16/17 are gone.

Points earned in 16/17 season have dropped off

Think it should be a higher amount of points for what we get served up haha (currently, not slagging off our new catering provider just yet).

But the point for club shop merch is more valid i think. Folk could over the course of the season be paying server hundred £ and getting no recognition . Compared to someone who might buy a programme here or there
Let’s cut the bullshit and just allow fans to buy points. Make it like hunger games battle to the top

£1000 for 30 points, inflation

Let’s cut the bullshit and just allow fans to buy points. Make it like hunger games battle to the top

£1000 for 30 points, inflation
Or give the members that feel it isn`t worth the money now a refund. Shake hands and walk away like.

Half the workload managing the system (and half the money also)

Still doesn't answer the one question that really pisses me of from last year.

Change in points needed between cup semi final and final

so really no point in me having my gers as won't get away games and unlikely to get final tickets or maybe even semi tickets now

All I'm doing is giving the club an extra 40 quid to get annoyed at lol
I'm not sure that you will get your questions answered at all.

My reason for saying this is.
Mygers is bascically a scheme to raise the maximum amount of money in a way that doesn't actually cost the club much.
That's the prime motive imo and I'm not saying that's inherantly wrong.
But they have invented a convulated structure for points that sometimes doesn't make sense and has often unequal weight for financial outlay
It basically doesn't make sense imo as the points structure is an add on to justify the schemes existence and its main purpouse is for most fans to chase the pot at the end of a rainbow by spending more and more money.

I cited an example in an early post about how someone could attend every domestic league home game and be a Mygers member for 5 years and still be Bronze.
Attending every single domestic league home game on a ticket to ticket basis for a fan without a season ticket in any other club would be seen as a fairly die hard supporter.

With Rangers it's halfway bronze for someone who is solely a My Gers member.
Now I'm going to reiterate that's 5 years worth of solid attendance.

Now to me that doesn't make sense.
I know that they're are other fringe benefits to the scheme however it's all about spend spend spend.For those who are gold good luck to them they deserve it under the current conditions of the scheme.

It would be good to see one of the 4 old firm games or the Scottish Cup final opened up a bit for those of us not in the Gold now and again however.

30 points outside Gold.

I'll need to get RTV sorted to get me closer.

What else would I need to do to make up the points? Signed up for everything on the season ticket, and will apply for all away games.

Not quite

There won't be many 4000 ticket allocations kicking about
True, they have f**ked it now but it used to be.

If you want to go and in Gold you are pretty muh still guaranteed as there is a fair chunk in gold because of the two years points for ticking ccs and friendlies.

30 points outside Gold.

I'll need to get RTV sorted to get me closer.

What else would I need to do to make up the points? Signed up for everything on the season ticket, and will apply for all away games.
To go over the threshold will need to be the international version which is around £240

I see we are back to the old scenario of those on the border of high Silver/low Gold looking to buy stuff to move them up or make them more secure in Gold. I guess that's just what the Club want in all honesty. It might get you 2 or 3 more domestic Aways over the course of a season. It might get you a Euro Away I guess. In reality, though, it will probably only keep you in Gold until the next tier review, after which the threshold will rise and you will find yourself in the same position as now and be back to considering spending even more.

However, I will repeat my old mantra- anyone who's spending cash they don't have, on stuff they don't need or won't use is bonkers. Its a treadmill you are unlikely to ever truly get off. That is how the system is designed.

I'm not in MyGers, I don't get to many games any more, but if I was I'd simply keep follow following as best I could and accept whatever tier that landed me in. It becomes a money-pit otherwise.

I was in silver all last season until april update when i scraped into gold.
I applied for approx 8 away tickets during season and was successful for 3 which i attended.
I have got the 5 points for away registration but nothing for away attendance. Are they taking my final tier (gold) average as 5 and awarding nothing for attending 3 games. This seems harsh since most of the season i was in silver and i only got offered 3 games all season.

Back