Mygers points being updated

He’s right though what would you have missed out on if you hadn’t bought the add ons ? Dortmund maybe ?
Essentially yeah, but I thought Celtic would’ve been top down

Maybe the danish team we played in 19/20 too

They added historical points for Euro travel after that update I’m sure.

3 years TC membership x 20 points
5 points historical Euro matches attended.
The 5 points for historical euro matches were already included at the start it was just the membership points that were added in year 2

Playing devils advocate I don’t think getting 15 points for applying/purchasing for every away domestic game and attending one Euro away match being worth the same points is very fair.
When do these 15 points get allocated ? I've registered for all available domestic always but don't see any points having been added for this in my purchase history.

When do these 15 points get allocated ? I've registered for all available domestic always but don't see any points having been added for this in my purchase history.
The 15 points are for last seasons away games.
It was 5 points for registration and 10 points for attendance,as set out in the MyGers update email.
Mine were added on June 23rd.

Last edited:
It is possible as he has show screen shots but I think it only works with 3 years to start with and all cccs boxes ticked. That won't be able to be replicated going forward
Of course it’s possible, poster in question had historic TC points + TC membership and also signed up to cccs

If it remains 5 years and starting in bronze now, I’d agree it probably isn’t possible without buying all add ins

Of course it’s possible, poster in question had historic TC points + TC membership and also signed up to cccs

If it remains 5 years and starting in bronze now, I’d agree it probably isn’t possible without buying all add ins
Anybody without historic cccs points in bronze will be almost impossible to get to gold as there isn't enough addons at the moment.

They had those points but unless they only had them from 3 years it would have been very difficult to get to gold in 2 seasons with years dropping off as there wouldn't be enough points.

Euro aways are the big deciding factor and as long as tickets can be bought and passed on it will hinder people climbing up. I did 5 euro aways last season but only 2 tickets were from Rangers so until the cccs points drop off it will hinder me getting tickets.

The plus side is that I will get less domestic aways in silver while playing the game like every one else

Anybody without historic cccs points in bronze will be almost impossible to get to gold as there isn't enough addons at the moment.

They had those points but unless they only had them from 3 years it would have been very difficult to get to gold in 2 seasons with years dropping off as there wouldn't be enough points.

Euro aways are the big deciding factor and as long as tickets can be bought and passed on it will hinder people climbing up. I did 5 euro aways last season but only 2 tickets were from Rangers so until the cccs points drop off it will hinder me getting tickets.

The plus side is that I will get less domestic aways in silver while playing the game like every one else
Poster has previously said he didn’t have a ST in his name 15/16 and 16/17, so he’s lost 0 points whilst having accrued CCCS for 18/19 and 19/20

Add in his euro trips that he’s done and a few add ons, it’s clear he could’ve accrued enough points. Not as if he has any reason to lie

To show you how difficult it is to reach the gold tier...I've joined mygers for the first time this forthcoming season,i don't usually travel to away games due to mobility issues but can make hampden as it's only one bus away.

I was gutted that i never got a hampden ticket last season against the filth or Hearts so i therefore spent an extra 40 notes on mygers which finds me on low silver with 1091 pts,i have not missed a home game for 4 seasons now and been to maybe three cup games at hampden.

And yet,still.i haven't enough points to claim a Blackpool ticket.

It's going to be a long struggle to hit the heights.
@sonowilliam1

For Hampden it is not based on the tier Gold, Silver, Bronze

Groups & points top down within those group if there isn't enough tickets due the allocation

Group 1 - STH+CCCS+MyGers
Group 2 - STH+CCCS
Group 3 - STH+Mygers
Group 4 - STH
Group 5 - MyGers
Group 6 - Public Sale

Are you signed up to the home CCCS - All non-season tickets games (Europe, League Cup & Scottish Cup) if you are you will be in Group 1 if not Group 3

Poster has previously said he didn’t have a ST in his name 15/16 and 16/17, so he’s lost 0 points whilst having accrued CCCS for 18/19 and 19/20

Add in his euro trips that he’s done and a few add ons, it’s clear he could’ve accrued enough points. Not as if he has any reason to lie
That is what I have said. I don't doubt what he has said as he has show the screen shots.

My point is that it isn't a good example of being able to go from bronze to gold as the advantages you have stated are not available to people joining after the historic points were awarded as there are no longer 100 points per season for cccs and access to euro aways are severely restricted for most games

That is what I have said. I don't doubt what he has said as he has show the screen shots. My point is that it isn't a good example of being able to go from bronze to gold as the advantages you have stated are not available to people joining after the historic points were awarded
Ahh, yes, sorry I understand now. Really to have a plausible chance of going bronze to gold it was from the first year it started to now

Anyone currently in bronze has a very slim chance

Ahh, yes, sorry I understand now. Really to have a plausible chance of going bronze to gold it was from the first year it started to now

Anyone currently in bronze has a very slim chance
If it stays at 5 seasons for next few years then possible yes

If it drops to 3 then maybe some will have chance depending what they pick up points wise if they high enough up bronze

It is possible as he has show screen shots but I think it only works with 3 years to start with and all cccs boxes ticked. That won't be able to be replicated going forward
You need a fair chunk of points at the first year of mygers to progress up the tiers.

If you started from scratch now it would take someone five/six years to get to low to mid silver by buying everything offered from the club with points.

Will never get to gold

The only thing that goes onto your points instantly is Edmiston House package I think.
Tier won’t change until the next update. The only thing it’d be any use for would be the two qualifiers as they’re top down

Tier numbers versus the last update in April:

TierApril 2022July 2022+ / -
Gold2,9243,481+557
Silver14,23014,534+304
Bronze24,24822,521-1727
Total41,40240,536-866

1,305 here, so relatively high silver which should be enough for Hampden tickets. All I want it for to be honest.
When was the renewals?

The 15 points are for last seasons away games.
It was 5 points for registration and 10 points for attendance,as set out in the MyGers update email.
Mine were added on June 23rd.
Thanks for clarifying. It would be helpful if the club had a table clearly showing how many points were added for what purchases. (The table from last season seems to have been taken down).

I dont know anyone who is getting on at those who travel away all the time.

Some folk are frustrated at the club, my main issue is the folk who go nowhere but buy the tickets and resell to keep their points up. They dont resell their hampden or seville tickets though.
Thats a fair point and I 100% agree brother

I dont know anyone who is getting on at those who travel away all the time.

Some folk are frustrated at the club, my main issue is the folk who go nowhere but buy the tickets and resell to keep their points up. They dont resell their hampden or seville tickets though.
If the club can’t commit to city collection for all games due to numbers, set a rule that a % need to be collected in person

Would cut down that issue

Not read the full thread yet so apologies if you’ve answered

@Greg Marshall can you explain how gold has over 500 more members in July 22, compared to April 22, when the overall membership number in mygers has dropped

Genuinely intrigued how these things are worked out
Not had a chance to read the full thread but has this been answered yet?

If the club can’t commit to city collection for all games due to numbers, set a rule that a % need to be collected in person

Would cut down that issue
City collection doesnt make a difference, we have all seen folk collect for their mates.

Some folk buy and dont go and just email the club about sickness.

Corporate guys coming on to MyGers?
That shouldn’t make a difference as they’d have just been placed in whichever tier their points made them eligible for

The club have determined that there should be just under 3000 in gold in April 22, based on overall mygers membership numbers, but 3 months later in July 22, when overall membership numbers have dropped, there’s now over 500 more golds

The club decide how many should be in each tier, it isn’t a % (as confirmed to me by the SLO)

So I’m wondering what possible explanation they can give to justify adding over 500 more members to gold when overall mygers membership numbers reduced?

That shouldn’t make a difference as they’d have just been placed in whichever tier their points made them eligible for

The club have determined that there should be just under 3000 in gold in April 22, based on overall mygers membership numbers, but 3 months later in July 22, when overall membership numbers have dropped, there’s now over 500 more golds

The club decide how many should be in each tier, it isn’t a % (as confirmed to me by the SLO)

So I’m wondering what possible explanation they can give to justify adding over 500 more members to gold when overall mygers membership numbers reduced?
It's payback for complaining about it going to 3 years :))

Thanks for clarifying. It would be helpful if the club had a table clearly showing how many points were added for what purchases. (The table from last season seems to have been taken down).
It would. Here's a copy of the last one that was available. It gets posted on here every week ha ha. Still accurate - bar domestic Aways, which were a 'hybrid' system in the end as explained in the email with the points update.

They would have all been slam dunk golds though?

Bar72 is it not like all home games and tick away games and travel club for those transferring (mainly because they do travel and being fucked by the club) then pretty much certain to be in gold

They would have all been slam dunk golds though?

Bar72 is it not like all home games and tick away games and travel club for those transferring (mainly because they do travel and being fucked by the club) then pretty much certain to be in gold
No they wouldn’t, know of some in Bar72 that were silver so decided to stay corporate

No they wouldn’t, know of some in Bar72 that were silver so decided to stay corporate
Were some not silver because the club couldnt give them their full total of what they would be? Remember seeing folk posting their totals and it was short of what it should/would be.

A rare positive MyGers story but it has worked for me. Jumped a lot closer to gold than I was last season through simply applying for everything and taking what I was allocated. No extras bought. The only gutter is that if this was last season I’d have been there or thereabouts for a EL final ticket, but we’ll just need to get there again this season to make up for it.

Still don’t like it and the fact there’s points to be had for things aside from tickets is nothing more than a money-grab but I was pleasantly surprised to see my progress yesterday.

All joking aside, can anyone explain the rationale?

I genuinely can’t understand the decision.
They are trying to please everyone again. It is likely that some are in gold because of CCCS points so they keep it at 5 years to please them. Those who would be in gold if they had dropped it to 3 years will make it because they have increased the numbers in gold.

Mygers think that they have pleased people when the opposite is likely to be true. When will they realise that you can't please everybody at the same time?

Were some not silver because the club couldnt give them their full total of what they would be? Remember seeing folk posting their totals and it was short of what it should/would be.
Some used different rangers numbers for their tickets/some had tickets elsewhere before transferring but didn’t do euro aways and haven’t been buying add ons

A good % would’ve been gold but not all will be

If you dont do away games then gold isn’t much use to you then?

To give you a better idea of my mobility issue,i currently use a stick to get to Ibrox due to my Diabetes however i am working with a physio as my problem is weak muscles in my leg therefore i hope to strengthen them over the next few weeks and get to as many away games as possible,in fact i have registered for all away games this coming season ( well the first 8 so far ).

@sonowilliam1

For Hampden it is not based on the tier Gold, Silver, Bronze

Groups & points top down within those group if there isn't enough tickets due the allocation

Group 1 - STH+CCCS+MyGers
Group 2 - STH+CCCS
Group 3 - STH+Mygers
Group 4 - STH
Group 5 - MyGers
Group 6 - Public Sale

Are you signed up to the home CCCS - All non-season tickets games (Europe, League Cup & Scottish Cup) if you are you will be in Group 1 if not Group 3
Yes i'm all signed up Al,that's good to know - Cheers mate.

All joking aside, can anyone explain the rationale?

I genuinely can’t understand the decision.
The average last season - domestically - was 5 Aways for Gold, 2 for Silver and 1 for Bronze. The only rationale I can find for the biggest increase in numbers being in Gold, the next biggest increase being in Silver and Bronze actually dropping numbers significantly would be to re-balance the averages so Gold get slightly fewer on average (maybe 4?) in order to benefit those lower down.

The average last season - domestically - was 5 Aways for Gold, 2 for Silver and 1 for Bronze. The only rationale I can find for the biggest increase in numbers being in Gold, the next biggest increase being in Silver and Bronze actually dropping numbers significantly would be to re-balance the averages so Gold get slightly fewer on average (maybe 4?) in order to benefit those lower down.
Ok, so for clarity, it would be your belief they’ve added more to gold knowing that the number of away tickets gold members will reduce compared to last season? But by adding some extra, those extra members would get more tickets than they would’ve got in silver so the new promoted golds benefit at the detriment of other golds?

So effectively the club are now moving away from the “always rewarded” mantra? They changed the goalposts in January 2022 when they added an extra 500 odd into gold, we’re now in a position there’s approximately 1000 more in gold since October 2021

How can people not see what’s happening now? We’re slowly moving towards a cccs type scheme.

Please tell me I’ve got the completely wrong end of the stick so I can calm down a bit?

Loyalty? Give me strength

I understand peoples frustrations regarding gold looking miles off but the majority of gold must have been signing up and attending everything watching Peña and Russel Martin , can understand my frustration also getting 10/12 tickets a season for junior grounds with tiny allocations in the lower leagues and now getting 4 outright when we’re back in the big time

Ok, so for clarity, it would be your belief they’ve added more to gold knowing that the number of away tickets gold members will reduce compared to last season? But by adding some extra, those extra members would get more tickets than they would’ve got in silver so the new promoted golds benefit at the detriment of other golds?

So effectively the club are now moving away from the “always rewarded” mantra? They changed the goalposts in January 2022 when they added an extra 500 odd into gold, we’re now in a position there’s approximately 1000 more in gold since October 2021

How can people not see what’s happening now? We’re slowly moving towards a cccs type scheme.

Please tell me I’ve got the completely wrong end of the stick so I can calm down a bit?

Loyalty? Give me strength
They have no idea what they are doing.

They change their commitments from the T&C's constantly. Its ran on a "who shouts loudest" basis.

Because they havent set it up properly they have fucked it. Other than people who are in gold or have a realistic chance to be in gold folk will realise the change they have just made has rendered it largely useless other than for getting an initial season ticket.

You will get more aways via your bus than you will mygers if you are in bronze.

Yes i'm all signed up Al,that's good to know - Cheers mate.
@sonowilliam1

Cheers

Also worth noting you are not automatically charged for the ticket like in the past if you get the email saying you successfully made the criteria you still need to log in and purchase the ticket - not a bad thing if quick enough as you get to select the stand you wish to get than rather the random ballot as before

Back