MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

Cheers bud, I was trying to read back to understand what had went on but I knew there was people in slightly different positions

The club have denied that there was any errors back in October but your post has just reminded me of another flaw

Am i right in saying people missed their purchase window for a game earlier this season because the club had updated their points which took them into gold but hadn’t clicked the box to allow them to buy the ticket? Something telling me it was Blackpool friendly or the St Johnstone match
Was the Ross County game at the start of the season, people missed the window to buy because their points weren't correct for the tier they were in, some were silver but should have tried to buy for gold, if that makes sense, not sure exactly but it was roughly like that

Far from it, if you care to read my other posts I have laid absolutely 0 blame at your door, zilch. I’ve said it on multiple occasions that I think the club short change you and make your job difficult

I’ve picked you up wrong then but by that statement you’re clearly highlighting an issue then. Why are the club waiting for people to contact them before they’ll explain there’s been an error? They should be proactive.

I’ll DM you my mobile number just now then, though it’s quite difficult to commit to an exact time due to the nature of my work. I have real-life examples of utterly dreadful customer service from the mygers team; you know, the ones that are meant to know simple things about MyGers :D

Anyway, I realise it’s your day off
So it appears I was correct the other day when I asked you to prove that the ballot was done incorrectly? you consistently called this out to be another huge fk up (that Greg now confirms wasn’t)

There was no way someone can tell whether someone got a ticket as a silver , or as a gold member (as both tiers get tickets). Just another wild “assumption” and attack at staff.

Think we all see some pros and cons with mygers , but at least challenge things that you know are wrong - otherwise it sounds like sour grapes and will never make any progress.

Was the Ross County game at the start of the season, people missed the window to buy because their points weren't correct for the tier they were in, some were silver but should have tried to buy for gold, if that makes sense, not sure exactly but it was roughly like that
I think someone from the club may have apologised for that, I might be thinking of something else though

As everyone is aware, we’ve just received the January 2022 mygers points update email from Rangers which includes all points accrued up until the start of January. On the 12th of January 2022 we received the registration email from the club for the 5 away games up until the split, with the first being Ross County on 29th January 2022.

I’m aware of a few individuals that received their registration email which had their tier as “Gold” however they’ve since received their point update email today which has their tier as “Silver”. Is there anyone else on here that this has happened to or is anyone aware of this issue?

A similar thing happened in October 2021 around the October points update, ultimately leading to some members moving from Silver to Gold in error. As a result, “Silver” members got tickets for St Mirren and/or Motherwell from the Gold ticket pool, only to end up being moved back to Silver once the thresholds were updated.

Does anyone have details on the breakdown of applications for the St Mirren/Motherwell games? Can anyone remember if the club made any comment about this issue?
Happened to me twice - email for the registrations said I was in gold (I just assumed they had some logic in the creation of the emails that looks at the points value and derive the tier)

When the email came out for the tier update I’ve been back to silver in both cases as the thresholds have been updated.

So it appears I was correct the other day when I asked you to prove that the ballot was done incorrectly? you consistently called this out to be another huge fk up (that Greg now confirms wasn’t)

There was no way someone can tell whether someone got a ticket as a silver , or as a gold member (as both tiers get tickets). Just another wild “assumption” and attack at staff.

Think we all see some pros and cons with mygers , but at least challenge things that you know are wrong - otherwise it sounds like sour grapes and will never make any progress.
Well the clubs position wasn’t known at that time, though I still doubt what they’re saying is accurate and I will use previous examples from August/October to explain why at a more appropriate time.

I fail to believe the club have systems in place to ensure the ballot was done correctly in January when they’ve been incapable of ensuring it’s done properly 3 times in the 4 months before the ballot.

Zero sour grapes from me, I will be in Dingwall next Saturday; I have managed to pick up tickets for all aways this season, though I made other plans for the day of the first Ross County away game. You can choose to believe that if you want but I’m not overly fussed, merely pointing out I’m not saying it because I’m being deprived :)

It could have been any game where there was a purchase window. People were allocated there tiers but when they went to buy the tickets in their window it depended on the number of points that they had. This meant that if someone in the silver tier went to buy tickets in the silver window but their points had gone over the gold threshold the ticketing system wouldn't allow it as to it they were gold and they missed out.

It could have been any game where there was a purchase window. People were allocated there tiers but when they went to buy the tickets in their window it depended on the number of points that they had. This meant that if someone in the silver tier went to buy tickets in the silver window but their points had gone over the gold threshold the ticketing system wouldn't allow it as to it they were gold and they missed out.
Yes, that’s what I was meaning.

Does anyone know when they stopped adding ad hoc points to totals on an ongoing basis?

Before they’d add programmes/additional purchases on an ongoing basis but at some point they decided not to add any points until their was a points update each quarter. Just don’t know when that started

It was that game because they changed back to them doing the ballot after that, don't know if that was the main reason but that's how I remember it

The club have made whst should be a simple fluid system seem really fu.cking complicated.

Whoever runs/manages MyGers is lucky they still have a job with the amount of fu.ck ups.

The club have made whst should be a simple fluid system seem really fu.cking complicated.

Whoever runs/manages MyGers is lucky they still have a job with the amount of fu.ck ups.
We still haven’t been told publicly who gets final say on all decisions mygers related; is it a ticket office lead scheme or do the board have final sign off?

Fans funding it to the tune of £1m+ per season and there’s zero transparency. A junior management “customer services manager” doesn’t change anything

Yes, that’s what I was meaning.

Does anyone know when they stopped adding ad hoc points to totals on an ongoing basis?

Before they’d add programmes/additional purchases on an ongoing basis but at some point they decided not to add any points until their was a points update each quarter. Just don’t know when that started
I’m fairly sure it was after Livingston it stopped.

16 points I seem to remember going up. Blackpool, Brighton, Real Madrid & Livi.

Well, I can assure you this is untrue based on 2 guys I speak to - they’ve both checked their junk mail as well. Maybe their email is sitting in cyberspace or you’ve been mislead and they’ve not been contacted

In fairness, it’s not your fault and yet again it’s you that gets the flak for the clubs incompetence. Why can’t the club make a social media post to highlight the issue and apologise, it’s not enough for you to be on a forum admitting there’s been an error and saying it shouldn’t happen

It’s another system flaw that’s causing resentment between fans and it’s totally needless and avoidable. I’ll hold counsel until April 2022 update then, if it happens again rest assured I’ll flag it yet again like I done in October too

The 2 games in question in October were St Mirren and Motherwell. Can I suggest providing the data surrounding applications for these games so we can compare it to earlier away matches between August and end of September? You’ll likely see the “Gold” numbers were inflated because of the error
I can’t find all the details but from the emails I can see the Gold registrations for the following games were -
St Johnstone 1680
Dundee 1827
St Mirren 2625
So quite a jump for the St Mirren game even taking into account that more people might apply as it was a game closer to Glasgow.

I can’t find all the details but from the emails I can see the Gold registrations for the following games were -
St Johnstone 1680
Dundee 1827
St Mirren 2625
So quite a jump for the St Mirren game even taking into account that more people might apply as it was a game closer to Glasgow.
That’s the type of info I’m after - has anyone got the full breakdown for St Johnstone, Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell?

I honestly can’t believe the club have denied any knowledge of it happening (to clarity, I don’t mean the SLO here)

If anyone has the full breakdown for those 4 games, it would be appreciated

Aye, pretty confident I’ll be in the ground one way or another. Still hopeful of being in the away end, but County is probably the only ground I would consider a home end.
Got mine yesterday, I’m glad it’s the Saturday. Friday was torture

Do you get the points if you register interest for an away game but miss out in the ballot or don’t get the opportunity to buy a ticket if you don’t have enough points (Euro away)?

Or do you only get points if you get a ticket?

Do you get the points if you register interest for an away game but miss out in the ballot or don’t get the opportunity to buy a ticket if you don’t have enough points (Euro away)?

Nobody has a clue mate, away domestic is added at end of season

I still seem to be gold (by about 50 points) having just checked. Don’t really do aways or euros these days so won’t last long.

You only get the 15 points for a Euro away if you buy the ticket. Nothing for applying.

MyGers needs major tweaking although there’s always going to be ones who lose out.

MyGers needs major tweaking although there’s always going to be ones who lose out.

If you don’t get points for registering interest and don’t have enough points to get a ticket, how will you ever get enough points to move up the rankings?

St Johnstone 1680
Dundee 1827
St Mirren 2625
Going back to this, does anyone have the full registration breakdown for St Johnstone, Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell?

Unsure if it’s been released yet but does anyone have the Ross County breakdown for 2022 too?

Based on what @lesleys has said above, there was approximately 40% more applications in the gold tier between Dundee away and St Mirren away. Now that could be purely incidental however it’s quite suspect and convenient that the St Mirren game was during the points update, before threshold entry points were revised. Cynical mygers members may question it

Just for clarity - the club denied there was any error in October 2021 (there clearly was) so there’s no wonder people are suspect about January, even with their official line

I thought that would be the case. Pretty ridiculous but MyGers doesn’t feel well thought out.
Ah sorry my reply was for domestic games. It’s 15 only if successful European, Lyon we got 10 if we couldn’t make it due to the hassle and 15 if attended. Agree completely it’s not well thought out because it’s going to be struggle for anyone below gold to make up those points especially if we’re automatically into group stages of CL considering the club are incapable of a strict pick up system. Show Rangers number for example is hardly a serious issue for anyone, not going buy ticket give your pal your ST sorted.

That’s the type of info I’m after - has anyone got the full breakdown for St Johnstone, Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell?

I honestly can’t believe the club have denied any knowledge of it happening (to clarity, I don’t mean the SLO here)

If anyone has the full breakdown for those 4 games, it would be appreciated

St Mirren away registration numbers-
Gold 2625
Silver 4960
Bronze 1689

Dundee away registration numbers -
Gold 1,827
Silver 4,776
Bronze 1,499

Ah sorry my reply was for domestic games. It’s 15 only if successful European, Lyon we got 10 if we couldn’t make it due to the hassle and 15 if attended. Agree completely it’s not well thought out because it’s going to be struggle for anyone below gold to make up those points especially if we’re automatically into group stages of CL considering the club are incapable of a strict pick up system. Show Rangers number for example is hardly a serious issue for anyone, not going buy ticket give your pal your ST sorted.

I was one of the people that was fucked over when the travel club was incorporated into MyGers but I’ve accepted that now.

I just don’t understand how I’ll ever get enough points to apply for euro away tickets if the people buying them are getting 15 points further ahead of me every time we play a euro away.

I’ve no issue with people getting the points btw.

Foresaid, I’m aware of that error but trying to establish facts around the MyGers shambles

I know @Super Ally was one of those that was impacted in Octobers update but I can’t remember the names of the other posters.

It would be interesting to see what has happened to them in Januarys update but also for them to confirm they received communications saying “Gold” in October only to then be relegated to “Silver” when the October update was finalised

I’ve been made aware that there was an issue in September 2021 whereby some members got the registration email for St Mirren that said their tier was “silver” but then in their successful email, allowing them to buy, it had their tier as “gold”. (The registration email was sent before points updates, the purchase email was before the thresholds were updated)
I was one of those who got a St.Mirren ticket as "gold" only to find that my promotion was temporary!

I was one of the people that was fucked over when the travel club was incorporated into MyGers but I’ve accepted that now.

I just don’t understand how I’ll ever get enough points to apply for euro away tickets if the people buying them are getting 15 points further ahead of me every time we play a euro away.

I totally agree mate, it’s in my opinion anyway making it what they didn’t want a closed shop & I’m saying that as someone it doesn’t really affect

If you don’t get points for registering interest and don’t have enough points to get a ticket, how will you ever get enough points to move up the rankings?
Perseverance. It’s a cash cow and those who wants to progress need to start buying up to accrue points ie stadium tours, EH package, it’s harshly unfair but ultimately it’s rewarding those who have, for years, been sinking their money into rangers and following them all over the country.

St Mirren away registration numbers-
Gold 2625
Silver 4960
Bronze 1689

Dundee away registration numbers -
Gold 1,827
Silver 4,776
Bronze 1,499
So increases across the board but Golds was disproportionately high compared to other tiers?

Quite evident that there was indeed an error though the club still refusing to accept their was, indeed they’ve denied it ever happened

Hardly an attack as is it? The issue was raised and the question was answered by Greg, that's his job.

There's plenty of things wrong with this farce of a scheme that the club have been ignoring since the start of the season, when people are paying £40 a season they are entitled to raise concerns, which Aww Skew has been consistently doing.

So increases across the board but Golds was disproportionately high compared to other tiers?

Quite evident that there was indeed an error though the club still refusing to accept their was, indeed they’ve denied it ever happened
Devil's Advocate here. :) There's a 200 increase in applicants from Bronze, same 200 increase for Silver and a 400 increase for Gold. It gives the appearance of a discrepancy, though the numbers are low.

If what you suggest happened, then not only would some Silver's have moved up into Gold - some Bronze would have moved up into Silver. Of course, it might be that the numbers moving Silver to Gold were different to the numbers moving bronze to Silver. It might be that a lower percentage of Bronze apply for the ballot than Silver and Gold. I've no idea.

However, I think you line of thinking - on this particular tack - is near impossible to prove your argument. I'd focus on some of the other 'evidence' mate.

Perseverance. It’s a cash cow and those who wants to progress need to start buying up to accrue points ie stadium tours, EH package, it’s harshly unfair but ultimately it’s rewarding those who have, for years, been sinking their money into rangers and following them all over the country.

It’s all well and good saying perseverance but you know all the people at the top are buying all those things as well. So if they are getting 15 points for every euro away game, sometimes 8/9/10 per season then that’s potentially 150 points per season they are getting further ahead.

There has to be a route to work your way to the top.

Devil's Advocate here. :) There's a 200 increase in applicants from Bronze, same 200 increase for Silver and a 400 increase for Gold. It gives the appearance of a discrepancy, though the numbers are low.

If what you suggest happened, then not only would some Silver's have moved up into Gold - some Bronze would have moved up into Silver. Of course, it might be that the numbers moving Silver to Gold were different to the numbers moving bronze to Silver. It might be that a lower percentage of Bronze apply for the ballot than Silver and Gold. I've no idea.

However, I think you line of thinking - on this particular tack - is near impossible to prove your argument. I'd focus on some of the other 'evidence' mate.
I can’t prove anything re where tickets went but based on other posters on this thread, there definitely seems as if there was something untoward happened.

Yes, I believe you’re correct and some bronze would’ve also went up to silver in a similar manner for those two games but I can’t remember any posters saying anything about that

The point of this thread is that the club have denied that an error took place, based on a screenshot I’ve seen, which is completely untrue. If they admitted they were aware of the mistake, people would be pissed off but would move on; denying it happened isn’t a good look. Particularly when 3 months later there’s a perception a similar thing happened as the club have messed up their comms (at the very best) or ticket ballot (at the very worst)

I think at the start of the season people were only applying for tickets for games they knew they could make but now everyone is applying for every match just to try and get the mygers points regardless of it they can make the game or not.

I can’t prove anything re where tickets went but based on other posters on this thread, there definitely seems as if there was something untoward happened.

Yes, I believe you’re correct and some bronze would’ve also went up to silver in a similar manner for those two games but I can’t remember any posters saying anything about that

The point of this thread is that the club have denied that an error took place, based on a screenshot I’ve seen, which is completely untrue. If they admitted they were aware of the mistake, people would be pissed off but would move on; denying it happened isn’t a good look. Particularly when 3 months later there’s a perception a similar thing happened as the club have messed up their comms (at the very best) or ticket ballot (at the very worst)
Possibly because they applied and weren't successful due to the reduced number of tickets available to Silvers? All guesswork on both our parts.

I'm not arguing what you say didn't happen mate - simply that using those numbers to try and support your argument would be near impossible. Hence the 'focus on other 'evidence' comment.

This is the biggest issue for me, posting out Euro away tickets will end up creating a closed shop if that's the plan going forward, mental to think that's what they were trying to avoid by creating MyGers.

Brondby was an example of everything that's wrong with the current system, I've never seen so many tickets changing hands for a euro away match, my mate who's never been to a euro away match bought a ticket from MyGers and sold it on, taking the 15 points while he sat at home watching it on TV. Absolute joke it's branded it a loyalty scheme in all honesty.

I think at the start of the season people were only applying for tickets for games they knew they could make but now everyone is applying for every match just to try and get the mygers points regardless of it they can make the game or not.
That could well be true but it could also be a complete coincidence, as we weren’t aware you had to apply for X amount of games to be eligible for ballots at that point

It could also be dispelled if someone is able to provide the breakdown for the first game after the threshold update in October, which I believe to be Livingston

Anyone know the number of golds that registered for Livingston?

Possibly because they applied and weren't successful due to the reduced number of tickets available to Silvers? All guesswork on both our parts.

I'm not arguing what you say didn't happen mate - simply that using those numbers to try and support your argument would be near impossible. Hence the 'focus on other 'evidence' comment.
Of course, the evidence regarding the email communications can’t be argued as there’s now around 15 people saying it happened; why are the club lying about October 2021? It makes people suspicious

However, additional info such as the number of people applying for each game highlights tickets could’ve potentially went to people promoted in error. The club have the info so they could check it if they want, we’d never be privy to that information as they’d never tell us but even putting pressure on them is a small victory.

My ultimate aim is to highlight an errors taken place during both point/threshold update periods to ensure the club streamline the process, to avoid it happening every 12 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

You can get more points for one away European game than 14 Cat A games attended domestically.

That is something I don’t agree with.

I say that as someone who is in gold by 6 points and only got there by going to Brondby.

I hadn’t attended a Euro away game through the TC since Stuttgart 03. Not exactly fair either compared to others travel history.

There is. Bronze get their % as per allocation for tickets just like the other tiers albeit a lot less. The aim of mygers from a clubs perspective is to make as much money as possible albeit unfair to one’s lower in rankings, the ones in gold and to some extent silver have sunk their cash into the club for the longest and are being rewarded for it. I agree it’s hard to climb the tiers if you’re starting from nothing but ultimately the club are looking for something back from you. I’m silver and I’ve worked out it will probably take me 3/4 seasons to get anywhere near gold and that’s me buying everything I can and going to as many games as a possible.
It’s all well and good saying perseverance but you know all the people at the top are buying all those things as well. So if they are getting 15 points for every euro away game, sometimes 8/9/10 per season then that’s potentially 150 points per season they are getting further ahead.

There has to be a route to work your way to the top.

You can get more points for one away European game than 14 Cat A games attended domestically.

I say that as someone who is in gold by 6 points and only got there by going to Brondby.

I hadn’t attended a Euro away game through the TC since Stuttgart 03. Not exactly fair either compared to others travel history.
There’s an easy fix to it that would ensure TC is split off and the club increases their revenue. Soon see if they go ahead with it

There’s an easy fix to it that would ensure TC is split off and the club increases their revenue. Soon see if they go ahead with it
I’ve no issue with that as long as the is no my Gers points for Euro travel. Can’t have it both ways.

I’ve no issue with that as long as the is no my Gers points for Euro travel. Can’t have it both ways.
Foresaid, they’d need to have it completely independent with a different points system even if they had it as a mygers add on

I was on 8 travel club points and pretty much guaranteed a ticket for every euro away game but now can’t get a sniff.

There is. Bronze get their % as per allocation for tickets just like the other tiers albeit a lot less. The aim of mygers from a clubs perspective is to make as much money as possible albeit unfair to one’s lower in rankings, the ones in gold and to some extent silver have sunk their cash into the club for the longest and are being rewarded for it. I agree it’s hard to climb the tiers if you’re starting from nothing but ultimately the club are looking for something back from you. I’m silver and I’ve worked out it will probably take me 3/4 seasons to get anywhere near gold and that’s me buying everything I can and going to as many games as a possible.

I understand all that but when the people at the top are getting the opportunity to get an extra (potential) 90 points (6 euro aways) per season, it’s going to become a closed shop.

Just bumping this up, should’ve probably left this thread for today rather than posting last night

@Mrs_Prso and @Blue Light Loyal have said they’ve experienced similar issues. Anyone else experienced it or know of anyone else?

I cant understand how we can get it so wrong to be honest. Dundee,
I don’t believe this is true. We are all aware of the email informing people of wrong tiers, you can’t deny that. But not a single person on this or that I know from gold got Ross County. Not one. Every other game, with the exception of St Mirren and Motherwell, threads created for particular matches on this all have dozen of gold saying there have tickets. Same with the people you know.

Now the club may believe they have done this correctly but has it actually been checked?

I got 2 i have a concession my gold and a adult

Back