MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

So, it’s safe to say based on the results from the field research on this thread that there was indeed an error in October then.

Why would the club pretend it didn’t happen? They’d get much more leeway if they held their hands up and admitted mistakes rather than trying to deflect, hoping people will stop asking them difficult questions

It’s no wonder people are questioning a similar issue in January

Remember you don't get 15 points for historic Euro aways. It's only 15 points from this season onwards.
A know mate, so 20+ euro aways at 5 points each would be 100, which would put him in gold.

(That’s my point - those who do go to euro aways, I thought would be gold anyway) and still continue to be at the front of the Q

MyGers would be so much better if the “loyalty points” where based on loyalty and loyalty only.

It started going down a slippery slope when you could pay your way up the tiers.

It should be season tickets, home attendance, away tickets and European aways that are counted. Maybe the odd B game here and there.

Listen, I enjoy watching Rangers Women but dishing out points to go and see them is a pisstake also.

I have 1561 points and never been to euro away in my life.
Yeah, hence why I thought that anyone who does , then should defo be gold. (Goes back to an earlier post where I said if you had season ticket 5 years, cccs, semis, finals etc then should be pretty close or in gold).

So anyone who isn’t (that had high travel club points) must not have had 5 years of above - it’s surely impossible

MyGers would be so much better if the “loyalty points” where based on loyalty and loyalty only.

It started going down a slippery slope when you could pay your way up the tiers.

It should be season tickets, home attendance, away tickets and European aways that are counted. Maybe the odd B game here and there.

Listen, I enjoy watching Rangers Women but dishing out points to go and see them is a pisstake also.
You get points for woman’s game attendance? Since when

Anybody having issues trying to register for the next batch of away games?
It's not letting me check out, just saying 'a maximum of 1 ticket can be purchased'.

Iv'e just went in to purchase history and I've registered last month.

Last edited:
Dip in and out of these threads and as ever I’m waiting on the season finishing before I decide where I’m at with MyGers.

As a mid ranged silver member presently I’m slightly disappointed that I’ve only received 1 away ticket (Dundee) to date through the ballot.

I was offered a Livvy ticket in November but that was through a fastest finger first 2nd ballot when all tickets were gone by the time I logged in.

I should clarify I got all 3 F&F for the Dundee away and I apply for all 3 for every away game.

Everyone’s opinion is guided by their own experiences and having secured my semi ticket for hampden for the Hibs game I’d probably pay the 3 mygers memberships again next season to secure these (CCCS also) but I am swaying.

Ultimately it’s another revenue stream for the club which I’m happy to pay to see the product on the park but I’m doubting the value so far.

Yeah, hence why I thought that anyone who does , then should defo be gold. (Goes back to an earlier post where I said if you had season ticket 5 years, cccs, semis, finals etc then should be pretty close or in gold).

So anyone who isn’t (that had high travel club points) must not have had 5 years of above - it’s surely impossible
Wouldn’t surprise me if some in the TC never ticked CCCS.

Wouldn’t surprise me if some in the TC never ticked CCCS.
I didn't and ended in bronze when it started although now mid silver. I would have had over 1600 points and easily in gold if I had played the game back then and would have had I known that this farce was coming in.

Now I apply for away tickets that I don't want to get points at the end of the season as I will keep moving up as others lose 100 points more than me from CCCS. Dropping to a rolling 3 years can't come quick enough to level things up or get the travel club out of this.

As everyone is aware, we’ve just received the January 2022 mygers points update email from Rangers which includes all points accrued up until the start of January. On the 12th of January 2022 we received the registration email from the club for the 5 away games up until the split, with the first being Ross County on 29th January 2022.

I’m aware of a few individuals that received their registration email which had their tier as “Gold” however they’ve since received their point update email today which has their tier as “Silver”. Is there anyone else on here that this has happened to or is anyone aware of this issue?

A similar thing happened in October 2021 around the October points update, ultimately leading to some members moving from Silver to Gold in error. As a result, “Silver” members got tickets for St Mirren and/or Motherwell from the Gold ticket pool, only to end up being moved back to Silver once the thresholds were updated.

Does anyone have details on the breakdown of applications for the St Mirren/Motherwell games? Can anyone remember if the club made any comment about this issue?
I find the whole process incomprehensible. Since my last points update in October, I’ve purchased four domestic away matches, one cup semifinal and the Europa League match away to Brondby. And I now have an additional 15 points? How may points per purchase is it?

The biggest issue is the club don't care.

They know we'll pay our money.. doesn't matter a %^*& to the board or TO staff which one of us gets a ticket.. they still get the same amount of money.

It's going to be interesting what type of stuff they going to come up with at the start of next season when the membership numbers inevitably drop.

I find the whole process incomprehensible. Since my last points update in October, I’ve purchased four domestic away matches, one cup semifinal and the Europa League match away to Brondby. And I now have an additional 15 points? How may points per purchase is it?
Your 15 will be for Brondby. No points for domestic Aways as yet, no idea on Hampden game.

Not been through the whole thread but I applied for Brondby and never got a ticket.I don't get any points for applying yet the person who gets a ticket gets 15 points??How does that work in regards a closed shop been created that we were told was never going to happen?

Not been through the whole thread but I applied for Brondby and never got a ticket.I don't get any points for applying yet the person who gets a ticket gets 15 points??How does that work in regards a closed shop been created that we were told was never going to happen?
This is exactly why they held off awarding points for domestic aways at this stage so I also find it strange they’re taking this approach for European aways. It’s glaringly obvious that the travel club should be separate from MyGers.

This is exactly why they held off awarding points for domestic aways at this stage so I also find it strange they’re taking this approach for European aways. It’s glaringly obvious that the travel club should be separate from MyGers.
Agreed, it was lunacy to merge them. Thing is, the reason they merged them was ST holders moaning about Feyenoord/Porto/Braga and saying it was unfair how they couldn’t get access to tickets

It would be an almighty climb down from the club if they separate them. I’ll need to dig out posts from early 2020 where I said it shouldn’t be included

I’ll laugh my head off if it gets separated again, would signify another total calamity from the clubs decision makers

Agreed, it was lunacy to merge them. Thing is, the reason they merged them was ST holders moaning about Feyenoord/Porto/Braga and saying it was unfair how they couldn’t get access to tickets

It would be an almighty climb down from the club if they separate them. I’ll need to dig out posts from early 2020 where I said it shouldn’t be included

I’ll laugh my head off if it gets separated again, would signify another total calamity from the clubs decision makers
Season ticket holders who never joined the travel club in first place moaning about not getting European away tickets

Jesus

Season ticket holders who never joined the travel club in first place moaning about not getting European away tickets

Jesus
Honestly mate, it happened :D

I can mind people on the bus asking how they could apply for a Feyenoord ticket. Didn’t even know what travel club was haha

Also had people at NARSA complaining about getting access to euro aways/domestic aways when they’ve travelled over. Mygers addressed that issue so appeased foreign based fans

People sitting in the house gaining 15 points while we're scrambling round trying to get a ticket.The system is there to be abused, Mygers MY ARSE.

Honestly mate, it happened :D

I can mind people on the bus asking how they could apply for a Feyenoord ticket. Didn’t even know what travel club was haha

Also had people at NARSA complaining about getting access to euro aways/domestic aways when they’ve travelled over. Mygers addressed that issue so appeased foreign based fans
On the first part I would class them as weirdos for not knowing we had a travel club , it was common knowledge!!!

2nd point, the narsa members joined the travel club to go to Europe, I mind I bumped into 2 in Frankfurt prior to stuttgart in 2007/08

As for away games , I doubt the yanks are regulars at domestic fixtures.....that's all I will say on that .

On the first part I would class them as weirdos for not knowing we had a travel club , it was common knowledge!!!

2nd point, the narsa members joined the travel club to go to Europe, I mind I bumped into 2 in Frankfurt prior to stuttgart in 2007/08

As for away games , I doubt the yanks are regulars at domestic fixtures.....that's all I will say on that .
Of course but did non-ST holder membership not get removed? Think it happened in 18/19?

Also get that but don’t forget buying ultimates tv package gets them a fair whack of points. Can contribute and accrue points that gets them access if they come on holiday

Of course but did non-ST holder membership not get removed? Think it happened in 18/19?

Also get that but don’t forget buying ultimates tv package gets them a fair whack of points. Can contribute and accrue points that gets them access if they come on holiday
You need an ST to apply for away games now under MyGers though so they won't get access to those unless they are ST Holders.

You need an ST to apply for away games now under MyGers though so they won't get access to those unless they are ST Holders.
Of course but initially that wasn’t made clear in the rules. That’s went some way towards avoiding said situations arising

Can't remember to be honest

Non ST was removed from the travel club when it restarted but was added back once former members lost their previous points due to there being a break in their membership.

“Its a closed shop”

Yes everyone was afforded the same opportunity to buy Rangers tickets.

Those that bought the most in the days where you got no points and no thank you for doing so, are Gold.

Its not like someone drew up a list with no criteria and said leave this person off.

So stop moaning and buy some tickets.

MyGers is a great idea and saw me actually be allocated a ticket for Pittodrie for first time in a decade.
Spot on mate, it’s over five years and gladly I’m getting the benefit of attending some truly awful games.

Easy for some folk to shout now when we have won the league and demand is at its peak (whilst other teams also getting bigger attendances) which leaves less and less tickets for us..

It has its flaws but it’s a step in the right direction in my view anyway.

“Its a closed shop”

Yes everyone was afforded the same opportunity to buy Rangers tickets.

Those that bought the most in the days where you got no points and no thank you for doing so, are Gold.

Its not like someone drew up a list with no criteria and said leave this person off.

So stop moaning and buy some tickets.

MyGers is a great idea and saw me actually be allocated a ticket for Pittodrie for first time in a decade.
Hibs and hearts included ?

Potentially it may be, but then if that seems the case then it’s only because the most loyal, are continuing to be loyal….

We have only had two euro aways this year where people could stretch their lead, but silver members got to bronby, and Lyon (a lot would have had the opportunity for Lyon). And if it’s full crowd to Dortmund, then there will be a good few in silver getting them again. (If we get champions league, then it’s bigger stadiums/allocations) which means people can potentially progress.

Stirling Albion wasnt a sell out either (30 odd thousand) , so potentially a few missing 5 points there, and likewise perhaps one or two other games over the course of the year.
The euro away is the biggest kick in the baws, folk who had plenty points in the travel club get no benefit from that loyalty.

On bottom part is a prime example of how wrong it is .... should of posted this last night lol

Just checked my points and done a calculation to see where I would’ve been if all travel club associated points were taken off me.

If I lost the points for Travel club membership and all the games I’ve been to, I’d still be on 1680+ points. Therefore, I’d still be sitting comfortably in the upper regions of gold

15 points for euro aways may make it a “closed shop” going forward but the reality is, people on extremely high points would remain gold if you take away our TC points

Just checked my points and done a calculation to see where I would’ve been if all travel club associated points were taken off me.

If I lost the points for Travel club membership and all the games I’ve been to, I’d still be on 1680+ points. Therefore, I’d still be sitting comfortably in the upper regions of gold

15 points for euro aways may make it a “closed shop” going forward but the reality is, people on extremely high points would remain gold if you take away our TC points
The biggest problem for me is the biggest demand comes from domestic aways . Yet there’s no reward for having gone consistently last 5 years . Tbf don’t see how the club could prove it. And my gers has seen a reduction in supporters clubs tickets .

The biggest problem for me is the biggest demand comes from domestic aways . Yet there’s no reward for having gone consistently last 5 years . Tbf don’t see how the club could prove it. And my gers has seen a reduction in supporters clubs tickets .
Understand that, just wanted to illustrate the point that some people on 1575-1650 think it may mean they’d overtake people who are reliant on TC points to be out infront at the top of gold

There may be a minority but those at the very top will still be at the very top if we lose TC points

a point system for best followers is a terrible idea according to some

not us that did actually follow :p

I must be the anomaly :D

But no, if it was a proper points system then regular travellers would all be for it

I think your missing my point . The main benefit for most is away games knowing your posts you’ll be like me and know many who have the same points as yourself for aways as yourself despite barely going . Don’t see how that’s a loyalty system . And your dig about me not following couldn’t be further from the truth .

I think your missing my point . The main benefit for most is away games knowing your posts you’ll be like me and know many who have the same points as yourself for aways as yourself despite barely going . Don’t see how that’s a loyalty system . And your dig about me not following couldn’t be further from the truth .
my dig?

See when next season has a year drop off I’m guessing the threshold will be about what it is at the moment? I can’t remember what happened last season when a season fell off

Agree with that re domestic aways - ticking the cccs box has got people into gold when they never actually used to go to games, they were merely in the away cccs to pass on tickets for their pals

I can’t be a hypocrite though, people have helped me through the above method

So, it’s safe to say based on the results from the field research on this thread that there was indeed an error in October then.

Why would the club pretend it didn’t happen? They’d get much more leeway if they held their hands up and admitted mistakes rather than trying to deflect, hoping people will stop asking them difficult questions

It’s no wonder people are questioning a similar issue in January
the club would get leeway ?? no they wouldnt , fans would then start moaning saying " we've paid £40/50 per year for a cock up "

nope

dont know if you go regular or not, my post was more about the situation of it all
Oh well sorry then .
Agree with that re domestic aways - ticking the cccs box has got people into gold when they never actually used to go to games, they were merely in the away cccs to pass on tickets for their pals

I can’t be a hypocrite though, people have helped me through the above method
me too I’m actually in silver due to my brother stopping going so me and my dad had to move from the family stand . Never been able to get that linked up drops off the end of the season though but also missing a year of away cccs as was deemed a new st holder and you wernt allowed to join . But aways then we’re never a problem .Also never signed up to friendlys as working weekends in the summer helps get time off during the season .

See when next season has a year drop off I’m guessing the threshold will be about what it is at the moment? I can’t remember what happened last season when a season fell off
The threshold will likely be higher than the starting point for this season as there’s more points available for this season than you could accrue in 16/17

It’ll be set based on ensuring set % of overall members are in each tier

the club would get leeway ?? no they wouldnt , fans would then start moaning saying " we've paid £40/50 per year for a cock up "
Yes they would. Mistakes happen, if someone admits an error took place and outline steps they’ll take to avoid it happening again, they’d get far more grace than pretending it didn’t happen

Dundee Utd registration closed. Should hear in the next few days (and another few moaning threads on here :D)

The threshold will likely be higher than the starting point for this season as there’s more points available for this season than you could accrue in 16/17

It’ll be set based on ensuring set % of overall members are in each tier
Thought that, will be interesting to see how it works as they’ll likely be changes made again

Back