MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

Oh well sorry then .

me too I’m actually in silver due to my brother stopping going so me and my dad had to move from the family stand . Never been able to get that linked up drops off the end of the season though but also missing a year of away cccs as was deemed a new st holder and you wernt allowed to join . But aways then we’re never a problem .Also never signed up to friendlys as working weekends in the summer helps get time off during the season .
Funnily enough away tickets were never an issue last 4 months in Gerrards first season or after we started to blow it in January 2020

I’ll always remember us failing to sell out St Johnstone in Feb 2020 which was utterly embarrassing considering the amount of crying about away tickets that went on. There’s a % of our fans only interested in following a winning team away from home

Will also be interesting to see how many renew it a lot pissed off . That said the priority fo hampden will convince a lot of silvers to keep it .
mygers should really only be for the home games and fans and those who want the semi's and finals.

the away day ticketing has been messed up to a point were if you dont laugh you will cry

Funnily enough away tickets were never an issue last 4 months in Gerrards first season or after we started to blow it in January 2020

I’ll always remember us failing to sell out St Johnstone in Feb 2020 which was utterly embarrassing considering the amount of crying about away tickets that went on. There’s a % of our fans only interested in following a winning team away from home
I wonder if what tiers they may belong in?

I’ve never had a problem parkhead aside until this season . Since the new allocations the one time I did get parkhead I couldn’t go lol

Agreed, it was lunacy to merge them. Thing is, the reason they merged them was ST holders moaning about Feyenoord/Porto/Braga and saying it was unfair how they couldn’t get access to tickets

It would be an almighty climb down from the club if they separate them. I’ll need to dig out posts from early 2020 where I said it shouldn’t be included

I’ll laugh my head off if it gets separated again, would signify another total calamity from the clubs decision makers
is that away tickets they couldn't access because they weren't in TC ?? if so i'd say thats bullsh*t , the reason they probably merged the travel club into MyGers is probably because a large number of the old Travel Club would not have taken up " MyGers " as that would 2 different systems ie TC & MyGers operating differently under different guidelines

Also, if they had 2 systems fans would then question why they were paying £40/50 for something ( MyGers ) they got last season for £0.

i also wanted TC to remain separate but i can at least see why the club have taken the steps they have

is that away tickets they couldn't access because they weren't in TC ?? if so i'd say thats bullsh*t , the reason they probably merged the travel club into MyGers is probably because a large number of the old Travel Club would not have taken up " MyGers " as that would 2 different systems ie TC & MyGers operating differently under different guidelines

Also, if they had 2 systems fans would then question why they were paying £40/50 for something ( MyGers ) they got last season for £0.

i also wanted TC to remain separate but i can at least see why the club have taken the steps they have
If mygers was solely about domestic tickets, they would’ve though; if tickets weren’t included, there wouldn’t have been as many sign ups I agree

Basic mygers should’ve been about experiences, each ticket scheme should’ve been an add on in my opinion

“Its a closed shop”

Yes everyone was afforded the same opportunity to buy Rangers tickets.

Those that bought the most in the days where you got no points and no thank you for doing so, are Gold.

Its not like someone drew up a list with no criteria and said leave this person off.

So stop moaning and buy some tickets.

MyGers is a great idea and saw me actually be allocated a ticket for Pittodrie for first time in a decade.
This post should be put up as a reminder of why people are actually in the tiers that they currently find themselves in particularly whenever another MyGers / away allocation thread get started and the moaning starts about why those in gold are benefiting the most

If mygers was solely about domestic tickets, they would’ve though; if tickets weren’t included, there wouldn’t have been as many sign ups I agree

Basic mygers should’ve been about experiences, each ticket scheme should’ve been an add on in my opinion
"MyGers" is solely about extracting money out of fans for the club handling the distribution of individual tickets, think about it away games /cup semi's/ cup final's/Euro away games .........

every major club in England have a membership scheme that just entitles Non ST holders the right to buy tickets or get on a ST waiting list , Rangers have bought into this

Could we not of just put the season ticket prices up by fifty quid to stop all this shit?
That’ll be happening anyway + I suspect there’ll be a climb down about the TC

I could foresee TC being separated eventually, with ST holders expected to pay an extra £20 to join (either as a mygers add on or completely separate)

Sadly £50 extra doesn’t encourage the buying habits mygers has - only way it’ll get binned is if fans all agreed to boycott any additional purchases which will never happen

That’ll be happening anyway + I suspect there’ll be a climb down about the TC

I could foresee TC being separated eventually, with ST holders expected to pay an extra £20 to join (either as a mygers add on or completely separate)

Sadly £50 extra doesn’t encourage the buying habits mygers has - only way it’ll get binned is if fans all agreed to boycott any additional purchases which will never happen
Slightly OT but I don’t think they should be putting the prices up again or if they do minimally at most given everyone has lost one game and half of us have lost two this season.

Yeah. Tynecastle and Rugby Park at the end of his first season we actually had non-Members getting tickets off our bus.

Winning and bigger games. That's totally fine, everyone is entitled to do what they want, but that's why they should be at the back of any queue.

Slightly OT but I don’t think they should be putting the prices up again or if they do minimally at most given everyone has lost one game and half of us have lost two this season.
You’ll be bitterly disappointed then I think. Mygers was essentially the price rise for 20/21, reason it didn’t go up this season is because we didn’t get to attend one home game last season.

I’d guess it’ll go up between 5-10%. Remember C72 STs are going up substantially next season

Winning and bigger teams. That's totally fine, everyone is entitled to do what they want, but that's why they should be at the back of any queue.
Foresaid, kinda emphasises my point though. If the system was about loyalty they would be at the back of the queue, unfortunately they’re not

Foresaid, kinda emphasises my point though. If the system was about loyalty they would be at the back of the queue, unfortunately they’re not
I've not been reading the thread tbh, so don't know what point. Just browsed quickly there.

I've not been reading the thread tbh, so don't know what point. Just browsed quickly there.
Just the point about people not being interested when we were playing pish

Main point of this thread was to find out the breakdown of applications for games to prove the gold numbers inflated for St Mirren/Motherwell, as the club have denied the error took place

Since a similar thing has been perceived to happen again, it doesn’t paint a good picture for the club since they want us to believe there wasn’t an issue in January when they’re trying to cover up the October issue

That’s where MyGers kind of works.

Those who register and buy a ticket for St Johnstone will get the points and the part timers won’t get anything.

Unless they’re that desperate to fork out £30.

Those who register and buy a ticket for St Johnstone will get the points and the part timers won’t get anything.

It doesn’t though because it would’ve equated to 1 or 2 points, insignificant amount

Anyone only interested in the bigger games would be stupid not to apply and purchase then pass them on it’s there to be played.

Just as anyone in gold who maybe doesn’t go to European away games would be stupid not to purchase them if the threshold reaches them.

That’s obviously what’ll happen for those that want “bigger” away games and maybe a bigger European game others of course could be not be as fussed about dropping down to silver as they much prefer only attending Ibrox and cup semi/finals which is everyone’s choice.

Nope they changed it mid season so doesn’t work like that at all.

It doesn’t though because it would’ve equated to 1 or 2 points, insignificant amount
We don't know how many points it is though as they won't tell us. It could be the same 50 points that they gave to CCCS or it could be a lot less considering how few silver and bronze have to buy to get the same number of points

We don't know how many points it is though as they won't tell us. It could be the same 50 points that they gave to CCCS or it could be a lot less considering how few silver and bronze have to buy to get the same number of points
I always forget that formula thing :D

It could vary on how many you’ve applied and bought as well but that’s far too much work so I’ll go for it being the same across the board haha

St Johnstone away Feb 2020 was different in a sense that we had 3 stands so roughly 7000 and i think Rangers sold 6700 so hardly embarrassing ..........

St Johnstone away Feb 2020 was different in a sense that we had 3 stands so roughly 7000 and i think Rangers sold 6700 so hardly embarrassing ..........
Was no where near 6700. Lucky if there was over 6000

Also all cccs members had chance to buy ticket so there was no excuses for it not to sell out

It could vary on how many you’ve applied and bought as well but that’s far too much work so I’ll go for it being the same across the board haha
The last thing that they said was it would be the same points for everyone but the threshold depends on your tier as gold get offered more than silver and silver more than bronze so bronze could get the same points for buying a couple of tickets as gold who would need to buy a lot more.

Was no where near 6700. Lucky if there was over 6000

Also all cccs members had chance to buy ticket so there was no excuses for it not to sell out
Remember being stood with a handful of spares our bus had. That day made it evidently clear that there are a lot of people who are only interested in both big away games, and smaller away games if we’re playing well.

I think they'll maybe band the number of applications and allocate points based off that. We'll have 18 away league games plus Annan that will have had applications open. I reckon they'll go with something like if you have applied for 17+ games you'll get 25 points, 13-16 games 20 points so on. Obviously the exact numbers will likely change

I think they'll maybe band the number of applications and allocate points based off that. We'll have 18 away league games plus Annan that will have had applications open. I reckon they'll go with something like if you have applied for 17+ games you'll get 25 points, 13-16 games 20 points so on. Obviously the exact numbers will likely change
With points deducted for failing to purchase one you’d been allocated hopefully

This I would be a big fan of.

Remember being stood with a handful of spares our bus had. That day made it evidently clear that there are a lot of people who are only interested in both big away games, and smaller away games if we’re playing well.
One of the reasons why a ballot does not work.

I think there needs to be some major changes to the full setup.
I predict there will be. I can foresee it moving towards a CCCS type ballot system again that we’ve paid into, with last years applications having a baring on priority

I can’t foresee any way that it’s still gold/silver/Bronze with gold getting 6 or 7 a season whilst some silvers are on 1 and bronze 0

Isn’t going to happen as membership numbers will nose dive. Be interesting in the summer :eek:

I predict there will be. I can foresee it moving towards a CCCS type ballot system again that we’ve paid into, with last years applications having a baring on priority

I can’t foresee any way that it’s still gold/silver/Bronze with gold getting 6 or 7 a season whilst some silvers are on 1 and bronze 0

Isn’t going to happen as membership numbers will nose dive. Be interesting in the summer :eek:

I'm not sure. There are 44000 members and it seems on average 11000 are applying for each away game. Even if some of the 11000 are pissed off at not getting away games i reckon the vast majority will continue to renew.

I really don’t think numbers will drop. People wanting aways make up less than 50% of members. Those wanting aways also want semis and finals - they need MyGers for that.

I'm not sure. There are 44000 members and it seems on average 11000 are applying for each away game. Even if some of the 11000 are pissed off at not getting away games i reckon the vast majority will continue to renew.
But it goes further than that - buying habits etc

Are the 44,000 all buying additional stuff to accrue points? People going to games/wanting euro or domestic aways are buying additional stuff as there’s an incentive etc

There’ll be people that have paid £ for kids etc just to get welcome back and such. So yeah, I partly agree but if you lose say 1/2000 people that are buying additional stuff to the tune of £100+ each that’s a lot of revenue

The ballot does not work. The old CCCS was abused, as is this. People applying with no intention of going. The way they have set this up encourages people to apply. It also rewards those who apply for less games with priority on certain matches. If no mistakes made with thresholds, majority of silver would not get more than 2 games a season. And 1 for those in bronze. No one is happy.

I’ve always wanted top down. Operate it like the old TC. It’s not a closed shop and never will be - especially if points not allocated for applying or buying away tickets. Those that want tickets will over time, get them. Just like they did in the TC.

The ballot does not work. The old CCCS was abused, as is this. People applying with no intention of going. The way they have set this up encourages people to apply. It also rewards those who apply for less games with priority on certain matches. If no mistakes made with thresholds, majority of silver would not get more than 2 games a season. And 1 for those in bronze. No one is happy.

I’ve always wanted top down. Operate it like the old TC. It’s not a closed shop and never will be - especially if points not allocated for applying or buying away tickets. Those that want tickets will over time, get them. Just like they did in the TC.
So there would be 40,000 paying mygers membership for same 500-2000 fans going every week?

No chance the club are introducing that

But it goes further than that - buying habits etc

Are the 44,000 all buying additional stuff to accrue points? People going to games/wanting euro or domestic aways are buying additional stuff as there’s an incentive etc

There’ll be people that have paid £ for kids etc just to get welcome back and such. So yeah, I partly agree but if you lose say 1/2000 people that are buying additional stuff to the tune of £100+ each that’s a lot of revenue
But the people that are buying all this are doing so to get into gold. They know the points they are on and how long it will take to get there. Thousands of people will not give this up and lose TC and Semi and Finals. Can’t see it.

That’s what’s currently happening with a ballot.
With the amount of regulars missing Aberdeen and Hearts, I’d disagree. Loads of people I didn’t recognise at Hearts - “that’s my seat” brigade were out in force that day

Back