World Cup 2022 Netherlands v United States, Argentina v Australia - Saturday 3rd

The quick break and the midfielder coming in behind the forwards to score. Something Rangers don't seem able to do.

Reckon he saw the ghost of Elvis there.
74d.jpg

I will be totes over the moon if the Cloggies hump the arrogant septics.

How long you been over here?

I think I’m finally turning towards wanting the USA to do well given almost the entire squad was born since I first showed up in the country.

Ryder Cup tho. No danger I’m supporting the septics in that :)

How long you been over here?

I think I’m finally turning towards wanting the USA to do well given almost the entire squad was born since I first showed up in the country.

Ryder Cup tho. No danger I’m supporting the septics in that :)

27 years. I think it's the Fox tv coverage that's putting me off most this year.

If the USA has a cutting edge they would be decent outsiders. This is reminding me of the Wales game where they played well but couldn’t put the game out of reach.

Looks to be the same problem with USA. Really good build up but a lack of quality up top.

Not exactly solid at the back either

The US started so well but then get cut open. The movement from the dutch was class
That is what the Dutch are capable of. When they are good they are very good and slice people open, great goal, but in between the US can get at them. The Pulisic chance may come back to haunt them. At this level, you need to take those opportunities. It would be incredible for the game here if the US can rescue this.

May not be making for the most exciting of games but the Dutch's counter punching approach is working so well.

The US's main attribute is their energy and athleticism. If Netherlands got into an end-to-end game they could get overrun so they've pretty much negated it; challenging the US to see if they have the quality to work in tight situations

Yep, the french seem to be the only team that have that covered.

We’re also missing two of the best in Salah and Haaland.

I think we are seeing a few things in this WC.

First, the importance of the pressing game.

Second, pace over possession and playing the ball into channels.

Third, the attacking midfielder coming in behind the forwards.

Those female USA fans are wearing those American knickers, one yank and they are off …

I'm on the firestick BBC coverage. It's worse.

US World Cup coverage used to be brilliant when it was on ESPN. Mike Tirico and a selection of internationals from around the world. Now it's Fox and completely US-centric. And that twat Alexi Lalas.

America had to get the first goal imo to have a shout. Holland are a tough nut to crack once ahead

US World Cup coverage used to be brilliant when it was on ESPN. Mike Tirico and a selection of internationals from around the world. Now it's Fox and completely US-centric. And that twat Alexi Lalas.
Taylor Twellman v Landon Donovan - Score draw

Back