World Cup 2022 Netherlands v United States, Argentina v Australia - Saturday 3rd

Holland are very average. Luckily for them, they’re up against a side intent on passing the ball back to their own goalkeeper most of the time.

USA are such a frustrating team to watch, every game has been the same, them creating good space for themselves over and over thanks to their pace and movement but just being completely wasteful with the final ball.

USA full of energy and endeavour but a naive shambles up front and at the back.

Making the Dutch look good and I don’t really think they are.

USA full of energy and endeavour but a naive shambles up front and at the back.

Making the Dutch look good and I don’t really think they are.

US are too slow in the build up. They are still playing the possession game. By the time they get the ball into the box, the Dutch defence is set.

US have had so much possession but the final ball is lacking.

The dutch just effortlessly create the 2nd. Similar goal cut back & easy finish.

With the Americans co-hosting the next tournament they’ll surely push the boat out and get a top class manager.

I wonder if someone like Ancelotti would do it. His wife is Canadian I think.

It's like a football version of rope a dope.
Sit back,soak it up and sucker punch them. It's affective but the purists in Holland will have mixed views I bet!

So yeah think I'm eating humble pie with fancying USA to get a result today, that's not happening

Sadly US just missing a striker and lacking the ruthlessness to cover properly when hit on the break. Other than that a good team.

With the Americans co-hosting the next tournament they’ll surely push the boat out and get a top class manager.

I wonder if someone like Ancelotti would do it. His wife is Canadian I think.
Funnily enough a big Italian American football media guy is tipping him for the Canada job for that very reason in around 18 months time.

Sadly US just missing a striker and lacking the ruthlessness to cover properly when hit on the break. Other than that a good team.

They lack any real ball players in the middle of the park.

Big physical players with no idea how to break down a solid defensive shape.

Back