Netherlands Vs Scotland. Match Thread

Virtually all teams get dressed up for football games these days. The Dutch get dressed up in orange with stupid hats, the French walk around with a stupid cock(of bird variety) on their heads. Even in darts, people get dressed up as all kind of things, so why is it stupid for Scottish people to get dressed up in an outfit that is known worldwide as Scottish. Even as Rangers supporters, people get dressed up in blue tops, scarfs and hats. People don't realise that by walking away, they are giving the detractors exactly what they want.

You can do and dress as you please.
And they - and you - can have what they/you want.
I'm simply saying I want no part of it.

I wish folk would get over the whole hatred of Scotland thing. That kind of behaviour just lets the arseholes win.

No matter who fucked us over Scotland is still my country and these fuds won’t change that.

Add to that there are always going to be bluenoses who love playing for Scotland so I’ll still be supporting them too.
Exactly! Wish the self loathers would give it a rest.

See all the guys saying they don’t watch or have any love for Scotland I have a hypothetical question. If I’m five years time the Scotland starting 11 had 8 or 9 rangers players would you watch or still hope they get beat or couldn’t care etc? I’m just interested I think their tune would quickly change
Capital “R” for Rangers always bud.

You can do and dress as you please.
And they - and you - can have what they/you want.
I'm simply saying I want no part of it.
You were calling them fannies for dressing up in your last post. No one will be too bothered that you don't do it, but you seem to have a problem with people who do. I see people at the darts dressed up in dinosaur suits, where I think "Jesus the whole evening in that thing in a warm hall" It wouldn't be my choice, but it doesn't mean I am right and they are fannies. Some even think it is great getting married dressed in a kilt. I take it that is a double whammy. A fanny for wearing a kilt, and a fanny for getting married in the first place. :))

The same organisation that every other SPFL teams fans blame for saving us?
SPFL didn't exist at the time bud, that was a scheme to get their hands on our tv rights.
And no, that would have been the SFL they would be blaming.

You were calling them fannies for dressing up in your last post. No one will be too bothered that you don't do it, but you seem to have a problem with people who do. I see people at the darts dressed up in dinosaur suits, where I think "Jesus the whole evening in that thing in a warm hall" It wouldn't be my choice, but it doesn't mean I am right and they are fannies. Some even think it is great getting married dressed in a kilt. I take it that is a double whammy. A fanny for wearing a kilt, and a fanny for getting married in the first place. :))

They and you can dress as you want, but yes, for sure, if you as a grown adult travel to and attend a football match dressed in Timbies, a kilt, a Scotland top and a glengarry hat covered in tin badges then you are, most certainly, a fanny. B-D

They and you can dress as you want, but yes, for sure, if you as a grown adult travel to and attend a football match dressed in Timbies, a kilt, a Scotland top and a glengarry hat covered in tin badges then you are, most certainly, a fanny. B-D
I have never worn that, but some people still call me a fanny. Och well....

Tend to agree. There was a time I followed the Scotland team, but I’ve been sort of forced into an ambivalence I would never have predicted years ago.
I just can’t be arsed with the compulsory “Scots wha hae” antics.
The boring and tiresome “Wha’s like us, damn few and they’re a’ deid” mob just push me further away.
I’m not putting on my kilt, Caterpillar boots, a Glengarry with seagull feathers stuck in it and join in with that dreadful Corries durge before and throughout every game, just to feel part of “The Tartan Fucking Army” who by and large hate me and everything I believe in.

Perfectly put. Every word spot on.

watch them boo and jeer at the northern ireland anthem

just as well young ross might miss the game
they dont have a problem with northern ireland players playing for other scottish teams.

I never saw the game but was speaking yesterday to one of the full on tartan army ( Edinburgh ) and according to him Scotland were the dominant side in the first half and the Dutch scored against the run of play. He reckons Scotland were unlucky and it’s full steam ahead for Euro 2024.

Back