Netherlands Vs Scotland. Match Thread

Michael ONeill confirming that McCausland is out of the game Tues night, good for Rangers although would have loved to have seen him up against Souttar.

I wish folk would get over the whole hatred of Scotland thing. That kind of behaviour just lets the arseholes win.

No matter who fucked us over Scotland is still my country and these fuds won’t change that.

Add to that there are always going to be bluenoses who love playing for Scotland so I’ll still be supporting them too.

The reality won’t be as bad as made out on here, it’s just typical mob mentality, go with the majority as that’s what’s supposedly popular.

See all the guys saying they don’t watch or have any love for Scotland I have a hypothetical question. If I’m five years time the Scotland starting 11 had 8 or 9 rangers players would you watch or still hope they get beat or couldn’t care etc? I’m just interested I think their tune would quickly change
Wouldnt care in the slightest. My tune towards the Rangers hating tartan army would be the same

Amazing the naivety of some fans.

Shankland has a poor game (alongside most of his team-mates) against one of the best CB's in the World and so now he's shite. :))

I'm glad we never signed him, not because I think he's a poor player but because he just wouldn't be a wise investment at his age, but to judge him on last night's game is daft.

See all the guys saying they don’t watch or have any love for Scotland I have a hypothetical question. If I’m five years time the Scotland starting 11 had 8 or 9 rangers players would you watch or still hope they get beat or couldn’t care etc? I’m just interested I think their tune would quickly change
I don’t really care about international football, sometimes wish I did but I don’t get any buzz at all. Couldn’t have even told you who Scotland were playing last night until the match thread on here.

No.

The entire starting XI could be Rangers players but it doesn't take away my disdain for the SFA or their sectarian wing.

It’s called the national team. It represents the whole country. Souttar, Shankland, Gilmour, Patterson, Lewis Ferguson and Kenny McLean all playing tonight. A fit Ryan Jack would be in the team too. All bluenoses. Non tramps.

These guys would all no doubt say that it’s an honour to play for their country, so it’s a shame that for such a big part of their career they don’t get the support they deserve.

Surely if any of these guys felt the same they would boycott it? When was the last time you heard of a Rangers player that turned down playing for Scotland when he had the chance?

Again it’s like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

And btw I was calling the Rangers haters in the Scotland support arseholes and fuds.
They may be bluenose’s but only 2 of that list are rangers players and they are far from guaranteed starters.
And when they do get out they are boo’d on the regular.
I’d rather watch Corrie

Nope, why would it.
It would be the same as I’d they all went to villa, I wouldn’t suddenly start sporting villa.

They do.

What's my like? No gloating about our country getting pumped? How on earth is that weird?

I just love this.

You love Scotland that much it appears you live in another country.

Where you are lucky is that you are inured to reality in this hole.

Growing up, Rangers fans made up the majority of the Scottish support.

How any Rangers fan could go and watch this mob after what was done to us by the authorities in 2012, is beyond me.

As for the selectively deaf, sectarian manager? A little lying rat of a human being. I don't want any Rangers player, playing for him.

I would't watch that lot if they played in my back garden. Not that they would be let in.

I don’t really care about international football, sometimes wish I did but I don’t get any buzz at all. Couldn’t have even told you who Scotland were playing last night until the match thread on here.
Moving the games to that shit ppv channel has been a really bad decision from that perspective. All about the money for the greedy bastards in power.

Shankland has a poor game (alongside most of his team-mates) against one of the best CB's in the World and so now he's shite. :))

I'm glad we never signed him, not because I think he's a poor player but because he just wouldn't be a wise investment at his age, but to judge him on last night's game is daft.

I only caught the first hour but thought Shankland played alright. He really should have scored, though.

Don't think he's close to as good as Adams for Clarke's system.

It is not naivety it is confirmation bias, the goals he scores dont really count as they come in the spfl(not the big money sky or tnt sports leagues) forget the fact that is our league and they count for our strikers. If he misses a sitter that proves...i was right i telt you he is crap not good enough to play for Rangers.

And he was not terrible first half he played well in the role we were told a million times he cannot do, 2nd was quieter. Had that shot been a bit more accurate they would be saying it is only a friendly.

It is not naivety it is confirmation bias, the goals he scores dont really count as they come in the spfl(not the big money sky or tnt sports leagues) forget the fact that is our league and they count for our strikers. If he misses a sitter that proves...i was right i telt you he is crap not good enough to play for Rangers.

And he was not terrible first half he played well in the role we were told a million times he cannot do, 2nd was quieter. Had that shot been a bit more accurate they would be saying it is only a friendly.

It's the judging players on one off games and then almost completely writing them off as a player that gets me. Nevermind the fact he was playing against a World Class defender, and yes he should have scored, but to then just completely write off everything else he has achieved so far this season because of last night (as it seems) it something I cannot wrap my head around.

World Class strikers miss chances, it happens at any level.

Confirmation bias is probably it mate.

Fill your boots, and I genuinely hope you have great times supporting Scotland for many years to come but things have changed so much for some of us older bears. I for one will never rekindle my passion for the national team. As a young lad growing up in the great football days of the 70’s and then travelling to matches all over the place in the 80’s I was passionately following Rangers, Liverpool and Scotland and went to loads of games at Ibrox, Anfield and Hampden and had the great experience of being at the 1984 European Cup Final with Liverpool and the 1990 World Cup Finals with Scotland but sadly, I now have absolutely no allegiance whatsoever towards Liverpool or Scotland and for basically the same reason, the anti British, anti monarchy factions within their hordes is disgusting in my eyes. Only my opinion of course.

In the 70s I used to travel for hours by public transport to see Rangers and Scotland.
Had some great times at Scotland games with mates, some of whom supported other clubs so got a chance to have some good fitba days out with them. Did the old Home Internationals including Wembley, and Hampden matches for European and World Cup qualifiers. Back then the attire was just a random tartan scarf instead of my Rangers scarf and Rangers fans made up a great percentage of the crowd.
Look at the Tartan Army now though : grown men dressed up like complete fannies, standing around with their "oh look at me, I'm in "the famous tartan army. Don't you just love me?" glaikit expressions.
And I get that pros will usually want to play for their country, and good luck to them, but it's frustrating when we're chasing down trophies and lose strategic players injured in a midweek friendly in some shithole stadium I've never heard of.
And I won't get into the number of Rangers players who've been abused by bellends in kilts whenever they need a scapegoat. A treatment, incidentally, that no other club's players seem to have had to endure.

So, as you said mate, let them go ahead and fill their boots, but it's not for me.

Wouldn't make any difference to me.

I simply don't care about the Scotland team.

I would rather Scotland win than get beat but I don’t actively follow them or get disappointed when they get beat,I just never got into supporting them I’ve always had only one team whose score affected my moods which can be bad enough at times.

These will be the same guys who’ll be ever so staunchly pulling their plonker to any England victory n’all.
Aye cos supporting England when you’re actually Scottish makes you staunch as %^*&. Add Northern Ireland and you hit the jackpot.

I did watch the Netherlands v scotland in about 2008 I think it was, was in with the Dutch, made the game much more enjoyable.
Great stadium

Last edited:
Souttar had a nightmare and let’s be honest win or lose the title we certainly need to be looking at new centre half’s in the summer arguably Clement has to do what Beale was supposed to last summer and re vamp the squad

So my (English) partner is currently in Amsterdam for someone's 30th and came across 'Scotland' fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone.

She sang Follow Follow at them and got booed. I've never been prouder of her.

I just love this.

You love Scotland that much it appears you live in another country.

Where you are lucky is that you are inured to reality in this hole.

Growing up, Rangers fans made up the majority of the Scottish support.

How any Rangers fan could go and watch this mob after what was done to us by the authorities in 2012, is beyond me.

As for the selectively deaf, sectarian manager? A little lying rat of a human being. I don't want any Rangers player, playing for him.

I would't watch that lot if they played in my back garden. Not that they would be let in.
Why are you kicking about a Scotland thread then?

I never proclaimed to love Scotland. I don't hate it based on the football team I support though.

You have so much hate, that's your prerogative I suppose. Put your energy into cheering on England or China or any other country you wish then.

I find it astonishing that shankland gets roasted for missing a chance. Big Haaland missed an open goal for city a couple of weeks back, a header over the bar from about 3 yards. If man City are clinically insane, then send him up to us on loan, but they won't as like all players he will make bad mistakes.

FF has a weird crowd on here that want people shot of, when they make one bad pass or any other mistake. These things happen to all players in all games, after all they are human beings, something that seems to be forgotten.

As for the game, it matters not one bit as it was a friendly, no more no less. You can be rest assured that all the players in these games will be told to treat it as such. They got the results they needed when it counted, that's all that matters.

I must admit, you’re right. I’d want them to get pumped by fewer goals.

Aye cos supporting England when you’re actually Scottish makes you staunch as %^*&. Add Northern Ireland and you hit the jackpot.
I don’t support and international side, but it is nice to see England get to the later stages of the tournaments, they are a good side

In the 70s I used to travel for hours by public transport to see Rangers and Scotland.
Had some great times at Scotland games with mates, some of whom supported other clubs so got a chance to have some good fitba days out with them. Did the old Home Internationals including Wembley, and Hampden matches for European and World Cup qualifiers. Back then the attire was just a random tartan scarf instead of my Rangers scarf and Rangers fans made up a great percentage of the crowd.
Look at the Tartan Army now though : grown men dressed up like complete fannies, standing around with their "oh look at me, I'm in "the famous tartan army. Don't you just love me?" glaikit expressions.
And I get that pros will usually want to play for their country, and good luck to them, but it's frustrating when we're chasing down trophies and lose strategic players injured in a midweek friendly in some shithole stadium I've never heard of.
And I won't get into the number of Rangers players who've been abused by bellends in kilts whenever they need a scapegoat. A treatment, incidentally, that no other club's players seem to have had to endure.

So, as you said mate, let them go ahead and fill their boots, but it's not for me.
Virtually all teams get dressed up for football games these days. The Dutch get dressed up in orange with stupid hats, the French walk around with a stupid cock(of bird variety) on their heads. Even in darts, people get dressed up as all kind of things, so why is it stupid for Scottish people to get dressed up in an outfit that is known worldwide as Scottish. Even as Rangers supporters, people get dressed up in blue tops, scarfs and hats. People don't realise that by walking away, they are giving the detractors exactly what they want.

Weird is it? So everyone on a mentally challenged thread with hate for them is weird? I used to love following the national team but not anymore due to the fans being Rangers haters.
Same here in fact I’ll be in beside those I have more in common with nowadays on Tuesday night.

Back