New Edmiston House to open Saturday

See the people moaning about pricing of food and drink. Have you ever actually been out the house?

It’s reasonably priced for both food and drink in comparison to almost all pubs and restaurants. It’s actually cheaper than a lot of event places too!!
Aye people going to games 8 quid a hot dog in a half finished venue after spending there hard earned cash

People have right to give opinions or do we clap clap

So we should charge less because it’s a football related venue?

It’s an entertainment venue, which in comparison to others is very good. With spot on pricing.
I would agree if the full venue was finished mate

What bands are gonna play there 1300 people

Serious question mate

Serious question mate
As someone said above, it’s the same capacity as the old ABC which had plenty.

For me “events” will be a far bigger thing.

All club related dinners etc. which used to be held in hotels can now be done here.

I would imagine @Phantom Jack wouldn’t have a problem doing a gig in here, or Nathan Evans or Callum Beattie.

I think it’s going to be a great addition.

As someone said above, it’s the same capacity as the old ABC which had plenty.

For me “events” will be a far bigger thing.

All club related dinners etc. which used to be held in hotels can now be done here.

I would imagine @Phantom Jack wouldn’t have a problem doing a gig in here, or Nathan Evans or Callum Beattie.

I think it’s going to be a great addition.
Phantom jack said it looks shit

Serious question mate

I

Serious question mate

I would hope that the club has already performed some sort of market research and know there is demand.

Possibly bands who can out sell venues like King Tuts or The Garage and are looking for a bigger venue like The Academy? Might that be the type of up and coming/local bands that would use the venue?

Serious question mate
That size of venue for the music scene is hugely popular. There is a reason they made it this size. Comparisons were done to other venues around Glasgow and what was in demand. This size came up. As others have said it is the same size as ABC 1 which is sadly no more. Some great bands and artists played there over the years. King Tut's is 300 in comparison.

That size of venue for the music scene is hugely popular. There is a reason they made it this size. Comparisons were done to other venues around Glasgow and what was in demand. This size came up. As others have said it is the same size as ABC 1 which is sadly no more. Some great bands and artists played there over the years. King Tut's is 300 in comparison.
I saw Level 42 in there, superb night great atmosphere.

See the people moaning about pricing of food and drink. Have you ever actually been out the house?

It’s reasonably priced for both food and drink in comparison to almost all pubs and restaurants. It’s actually cheaper than a lot of event places too!!

It's £6.20 for a pint of Madri in a new local pub that's opened along the road from me!

Is that the shop in NEH open full time now ? What’s the full weeks opening hours havnt seen them posted.

I think its opening being announced so late was an indicator that things were probably a bit rushed.

It's a positive then that from comments on here it sounds like there were few/none of the teething problems we might have expected on a first day - good signs for the new management and staff.

I'd imagine as they find their feet they'll probably increase the number and scale of activities offered and that's when they'll run into the venue capacity issues or some of those will have to move outside.

Overall overwhelmingly positive. My one concern remains that each element within it is too small, and that the club will realise that when we see the demand.

Serious question mate
No disrespect but I don’t think you get how gigs work. Bands start in small venues and gradually move up to bigger ones. There are loads in that tier of bands who have outgrown King Tuts who can’t yet fill Barrowlands.

At the moment only the QMU can cater for them

just need to look at how heavily the ABC was used. A quick look here will show you the kind of bands who played there.

Have scanned back a few pages but couldn’t see it mentioned - what’s on draught in the bar?
DC2-C7907-66-B0-4587-B83-B-31062507-B885.jpg

No disrespect but I don’t think you get how gigs work. Bands start in small venues and gradually move up to bigger ones. There are loads in that tier of bands who have outgrown King Tuts who can’t yet fill Barrowlands.

just need to look at how heavily the ABC was used. A quick look here will show you the kind of bands who played there.

The Garage,classic grand,SWG3 can cater for the Inbetweeners.

Tennents £4.95
Menebrea £5.40
Magners (Dark Fruits for some reason) £5.40
I don’t drink beer at all, the introduction of Dark Fruits was brilliant for me a few years back! Was always 2 vodkas to everyone’s pint on a night out :))

Loads of people drink it now and most places have it in draft.

I don’t drink beer at all, the introduction of Dark Fruits was brilliant for me a few years back! Was always 2 vodkas to everyone’s pint on a night out :))

Loads of people drink it now and most places have it in draft.
More people drink normal cider

Glad to see the opening went smoothly and the offers seem to be fair. The prices are cheaper than I thought - I’ve been looking at some of the posts and Bears need to realise that it’s not the local golf or bowling club.

Let’s get this into perspective - we were off the back of 80 million worth of losses before this year’s small profit. We’ll be in profit in next year’s accounts. The board are investing behind the scenes in NEH, blue sky lounge and disabled facilities as well as stadium maintenance. We need to be much more positive about this and get behind it.

Looks good from the pictures and videos. It's great to have a place for supporters to go before and after the game.

When you look at the American sports stadiums it is something they excel at. We'd never be able to do it at that scale but having New Edmiston House and the new Sports bar when it comes will be great.

I understand the fan zone part is only open on match days, but have they released the opening times for the shop / cafe? Had a look online but can’t confirm.

Does anyone have any info on this? Was discussing with friends about maybe watching the LC final here since we don't have tickets...

I'm guessing licensing laws are the barrier... But if we already show some games at Bar 72 then maybe NEH will be the same?

Plenty of decent sized, well-known bands in that list, that would get 1000 folk coming to see them, particularly if they weren’t also playing Edinburgh.

Back