New kits (all teams)

7fxLN8e.jpg
The Archibald Leitch tribute on the collar and sleeves is brilliant. Wish we did something like that.

The absolute state of the back collar.

FzuAIrmWcAEVbtW

Bheasts on kerryfail saying it's cursed and they have a bad feeling about it B-)
For obvious reasons I've never liked their strips and that one has to be up there as one of the worst they have produced.

WTF is with the cross thing on the red background? o_O

I am not 100% sure , but from the photos on here, it looks like the lowlife's new strip has a panel or mesh on the sides.
That means the "hoops" are broken and are therefore not hoops.
Not that I would care, but umbro did this with one of their shirts about 20 years ago and the inbreds were far from pleased.
Added to the serpent styling, the fans of the irafitbawclub will be seething.

I am not 100% sure , but from the photos on here, it looks like the lowlife's new strip has a panel or mesh on the sides.
That means the "hoops" are broken and are therefore not hoops.
Not that I would care, but umbro did this with one of their shirts about 20 years ago and the inbreds were far from pleased.
Added to the serpent styling, the fans of the irafitbawclub will be seething.

The wavey stripes are also going down vertically on the shoulders too.

A hilarious mess from Adidas. Castore have done us proud with our new kits.

That yahoo shirt is wild. When i initially saw a photo i assumed someone had photoshopped their logos onto a Sporting Lisbon shirt for a laugh (as it was next to a rail of Benfica ones).

It's horrendous, but absolutely perfect for them.

I know many will disagree, but I am very glad we do not have Adidas as a kit supplier.
Look at the mess they have made of the kit for Juventus and the Leeds away shirt.
Not to mention the gaudy monstrosity that is the unwashed kit.
I know Adidas will argue a guy in his fifties is not their market, but even teenagers must look on some of the latest styles and be repulsed.

That Everton kit is amazing, just brilliant.

I love kits with a good collar and that Archibald homage is so nice.

Also the celtic top is the funniest thing ever. I don't know how you can mess up simple green and white strips but they have someone managed it!

I'd imagine that designing a shirt is a bit of a minefield for this reason.
It's not going to be good for anyone's career if you've got randomers online ready to accuse you of copying their mock-ups from years ago.

Wonder what the legal situation would be if a jersey was an exact copy?

With our orange top from last season it's fine for Castore to use orange and navy, of course, and have a nod to our orange and navy stripes from the past in the marketing materials but I bet Adidas would be all over that if they straight up copied the original design.

Even this seasons pinstripe away top seems purposefully designed to have a "curveball" in there so that it doesn't match the many fan mockups of an away jersey with white and red pinstripes. None of the mockups went for "but the pinstripes only go up halfway".

I'd imagine that designing a shirt is a bit of a minefield for this reason.
It's not going to be good for anyone's career if you've got randomers online ready to accuse you of copying their mock-ups from years ago.

Wonder what the legal situation would be if a jersey was an exact copy?

With our orange top from last season it's fine for Castore to use orange and navy, of course, and have a nod to our orange and navy stripes from the past in the marketing materials but I bet Adidas would be all over that if they straight up copied the original design.

Even this seasons pinstripe away top seems purposefully designed to have a "curveball" in there so that it doesn't match the many fan mockups of an away jersey with white and red pinstripes. None of the mockups went for "but the pinstripes only go up halfway".
It’s been heavily hinted at that there will be a kit this season based on the orange/navy stripes so as you say, it’ll be interesting to see how different it is (much in the same way as the purple one we released ended up not really mirroring the kit is was based on at all).

It’s been heavily hinted at that there will be a kit this season based on the orange/navy stripes so as you say, it’ll be interesting to see how different it is (much in the same way as the purple one we released ended up not really mirroring the kit is was based on at all).

It would be interesting to know to what extent Adidas or Nike "own" shirt designs. For teams like Barcelona or the Milan sides you can't exactly claim the stripes design as intellectual property. For the more outrageous or specific designs or design elements I would bet they have some kind of intellectual property rights. How far back those rights would go is an interesting question.

Slightly off topic, but our 1990 home shirt by Admiral- the collar design was supposed to be a nod to the main stand design of Archibald Leitch.
Not 100 % sure if that is true, can anyone confirm?

Has this been hinted anywhere credible or by anyone who would have a knowledge ?

I seen some people on twitter saying on twitter they’d hope for a kit like that and next thing it was on here as being “rumoured”.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see us having another orange kit this season and expect a red third kit. I also don’t think the orange and blue stripes would look anywhere near as good on a modern kit, the retro kit style is what makes it, similar to the purple 90s kit vs the modern equivalent.

Back