New membership scheme

It was fair. Cup finals and semis have nothing to do with away games. Everyone knows this at the season's start. You have to pay for every non-league home game under the CCS, no picking and choosing.

Your way would mean folk on buses would have two chances at a ticket as they probably do just now anyway. RSC's are more or less dead now anyway, sadly.
Sorry but I beg to differ with your last statement, a look around the streets or bus parks at any of our games says very different, the lack of tickets for away games has affected away buses but the notion that they're "more or less dead" is just nonsense, ours takes two buses to every home game, there are another 9 or 10 leaving within a 10 mile radius of us too, all full every second weekend.

Sorry but I beg to differ with your last statement, a look around the streets or bus parks at any of our games says very different, the lack of tickets for away games has affected away buses but the notion that they're "more or less dead" is just nonsense, ours takes two buses to every home game, there are another 9 or 10 leaving within a 10 mile radius of us too, all full every second weekend.
Perhaps dead wasnt the correct term. They certainly aren't as vast as they once were. Kilmarnock, for example, is a large town where the majority of football fans are bears. Think one or two buses go to Ibrox. It's only a twenty minute trip now. In theory we could have a couple of large clubs and umpteen buses leaving. It's just not the case anymore

That is an absolute shambles.

Points for paying your ST upfront, buying merch & hosting functions at Ibrox is a disgrace. Football is a working class mans game and this is a scheme tailored towards the rich amongst the support - despite the fact they’re mostly already in the members club/hospitality suites and get as many tickets as they wish.

I’d really hope the fans, and the UB, kick up feck about this is if it gets the go ahead. What with UB being against modern football and all.

Fan power should win here, as that is a disgrace of a scheme.
Every supporter at Rangers should be equal. This bronze, silver and gold tier isn’t my cup of tea considering at least with the current scheme and you’re someone who goes to nearly all away games you have to admit you often will find a spare.

This will now mean fans will get priced out and it becoming a closed shop. Let’s not forget that there will be a membership fee in the first place on top of all the payments.

What a load of sh**e! An over complicated scheme for the rich members of our support replaces a fair system which is in place now! For what, people crying over not getting away tickets more often or not getting a cup final ticket in a fair ballot!! Wise the feck up Greg!!
Agreed mate, the folk moaning about the current system 9 times out of 10 usually get a ticket anyway. It’s just now segregating our support.

We need to buy the home meanless friendlies now to have a chance of getting a cup final ticket if that's case I can see many season ticket holders that where on CCCS not bothering about any home game that is not on a season ticket league cup Scottish cup and European tie. This membership scheme will be a disaster and who are in the focus groups that the club are talking too.

If done on a points system then you will get a chance it depends how points you have

100+
90+
80+
and so

This what my English club Sunderland does plenty other bigger clubs have loyalty schemes

Coventry away 1st March allocation is 3200
subject to availability, tickets will be on sale via the following phases…
25 BCP – 9am on Mon 10 Feb ‘til 6pm on Tues 11 Feb
10 BCP – 9am ‘til 4.30pm on Wed 12 Feb
0 & members – 9am ‘til 4.30pm on Thurs 13 Feb
General sale – 9am on Fri 14 Feb

They have membership for non STH - game has gone to general sale
For a huge away support such as Rangers fans below the second tier will never get a ticket.

Every supporter at Rangers should be equal. This bronze, silver and gold tier isn’t my cup of tea considering at least with the current scheme and you’re someone who goes to nearly all away games you have to admit you often will find a spare.

This will now mean fans will get priced out and it becoming a closed shop. Let’s not forget that there will be a membership fee in the first place on top of all the payments.
There will be a membership fee(Rumour is £50) for season ticket holders, then a supporters Club membership fee, £10 per member was talked about, then on top of that you will have an increase on season ticket cost. It all adds up ESP if you have more than one season ticket.

There will be a membership fee(Rumour is £50) for season ticket holders, then a supporters Club membership fee, £10 per member was talked about, then on top of that you will have an increase on season ticket cost. It all adds up ESP if you have more than one season ticket.
I know mate think about it currently we pay for the base season ticket price then everything on the CCCS so Cup Games, Europe package and Away games. Now you’ve got a membership fee to pay on top of it. Then take into consideration other family members.

I know mate think about it currently we pay for the base season ticket price then everything on the CCCS so Cup Games, Europe package and Away games. Now you’ve got a membership fee to pay on top of it. Then take into consideration other family members.

It's aw money to the club etc. :rolleyes:

Essentially the members of the 'focus group' can afford what they propose so aren't bothered if others are priced out.

The 'status' offered by the tiers is subtle manipulation.

There are no extra points for paying your ST in one go.

actually admin can we get that amended as it’s incorrect and causing undue concern to fans
Never mind deleting bits of the OP, why not just put the official version up then that will solve that problem? Or will that create more problems when we find out exactly what's going on?

Perhaps dead wasnt the correct term. They certainly aren't as vast as they once were. Kilmarnock, for example, is a large town where the majority of football fans are bears. Think one or two buses go to Ibrox. It's only a twenty minute trip now. In theory we could have a couple of large clubs and umpteen buses leaving. It's just not the case anymore
They are still far from dead though. As previous poster said take a look at the streets or bus parks there is several dozen every away game

There would be adhoc decisions made. For instance on Sunday with the rearrangement I suspect we would give all purchasers the points for that one.
Basically making it up as you go along then. What about those of us who traveled up both days, do we get an extra point?

Never mind deleting bits of the OP, why not just put the official version up then that will solve that problem? Or will that create more problems when we find out exactly what's going on?
It’s still to be confirmed by the club. He ain’t going to post something up if it’s not official

I would have thought that to entice memberships. The club would have thought of buy Rangers membership, whether ST or not any members could get bonuses on merchandise, discounts on lunches at argyll house, kids incentives such as soccer school discounts, RTV discounts. Competitions, Rangers lotto/pools incentives. Future discounts on things such as tours/museum, sports bars/cafe points. Rewards the more incentives the more people will join.

Thousands of youngsters have season tickets at Ibrox and there are plenty of young ones at away games (look at the Willie Vass photos from any away game and you will see plenty of the young team and kids).
Thats not in doubt, my point is for the upcoming youngsters who as yet havent experienced Watching the Queens 11.

It’s still to be confirmed by the club. He ain’t going to post something up if it’s not official
It doesn't need to be the confirmed version, some form of minutes or discussion topics would be useful though. Surely a forum like this would get better feedback than a select few being invited to meetings.

So, I'll lose my 10 travel club points? How's that fair?

Getting points for buying merchandise? It's hard enough affording Rangers home and away matches along with every day life for some people.

What an absolute joke of a system that is. There's absolutely no need to scrap the travel club it's the only system that's works when tickets are issued correctly.

All three of the things you are complaining about aren’t accurate/part of the initial loyalty standings.

functions categorically were not mentioned.

we said we can’t discuss merch.

when you pay or how much your ST costs will not impact on the loyalty point value for the season ticket.
Greg what makes you think the club can run a loyalty scheme for 10,000s when the travel club with a few 1000 members has been widely abused this season as you know .
I am on max points for the travel club ,should I be concerned that my loyalty in traveling abroad to 126 competetive games over the last 42 years will be forgotten (this does not include friendlies) , if so it is against everything you are proposing.

As a supporter who is very fortunate that I can get holidays , afford to attend and source a ticket for every game I 100% agree with you , ALL RANGERS SUPPORTERS ARE EQUAL ,

Points for buying merchandise and using club facilities for functions hahahahahahah
Ffs going have to divorce her and get married again in there

I'm not so sure so many points for attending home games works etc compared to away as fans spend a lot on away games in comparison but that is around seat sub as much as anything

Greg what is the cost of international RTV subscription ? , My season ticket costs £1100.00

£230 approximately and there’s a large proportion of North American fans who go to their local NARSA RSC to watch games so don’t pay the individual subscription

Hard to please everyone but this just feels like punishing many to please a few.

rating fans depending on who can spend the most money with those at the top able to manipulate the system to ensure they stay at the top

whole thing is rotten

Home games are completely different to Away games though. With the proposed change it’ll essentially put away RSCs off the road and it’ll lead to fans having to travel a fair distance to get on other buses. It’s hard enough running away buses as it currently is never mind making it harder

Sounds ideal if you’re Glasgow based.
If you ain’t but have still follow followed all over Europe it won’t count.
As long as you’ve been at the friendly vs Blackburn Rovers.
Very disappointing if travel club is being scrapped. For those that don't live in Scotland anymore those away games add up and end up costing as much as (if not more than) a season ticket. I get that it's not about the spend, but still nice to get rewarded for going to the games you can - even if that ends up being in another country!

We aren’t going to put a full proposal to fans for approval. That’s unrealistic. We have a number of focus groups still to go but we will be feeding the info back into the decision makers. The thing I think that’s important is to have flexibility in the future as it’s in practise that we will see what works great and what needs tweaked.
I’m really optimistic about this.

so no proposal for fans ??

so thats it decided whatever the club decide that will be that and anything else is sugar-coating for appeasement sake , it certainly screws fans over who stay a distance away from Ibrox and can't manage midweek games due to work and distance especially when you take every wednesday and now thursdays into the mix

So, I'll lose my 10 travel club points? How's that fair?

Getting points for buying merchandise? It's hard enough affording Rangers home and away matches along with every day life for some people.

What an absolute joke of a system that is. There's absolutely no need to scrap the travel club it's the only system that's works when tickets are issued correctly.

travel club points wouldn’t be lost. They’d be part of your loyalty points

Greg what makes you think the club can run a loyalty scheme for 10,000s when the travel club with a few 1000 members has been widely abused this season as you know .
I am on max points for the travel club ,should I be concerned that my loyalty in traveling abroad to 126 competetive games over the last 42 years will be forgotten (this does not include friendlies) , if so it is against everything you are proposing.

travel club points would form part of the loyalty points set up.

I really don’t think they have thought that bit through.
Currently 26,000 pay up for the home CCCS,some knowing that logistically they will be unable to make games.Currently these seats are paid for but if you remove the incentives from the home CCCS will the money/income remain as guaranteed?

i have often said this , including season ticket euro games and home cup tickets i was in excess of over £720 last season knowing as a fisherman i only get half of any games per season and it costs £30 every bus to a game , if they are saying its a " tiered system " in regards to away games thats me screwed so why bother in the 1st place

so thats it decided whatever the club decide that will be that and anything else is sugar-coating for appeasement sake , it certainly screws fans over who stay a distance away from Ibrox and can't manage midweek games due to work and distance especially when you take every wednesday and now thursdays into the mix

we have held focus groups in NI and focus groups around weekend games

Thats my issue and my primary concern with this scheme. The number of games I’ve missed this season due to them being midweek means I’m seriously questioning the value of retaining my season ticket next year vs just trying to buy tickets on a match per match basis. I seatsub it mostly though for these games and know that I’ll get a credit if I renew next season, but if I don’t renew due to the travel challenge I get zero back. So the club resells my ticket when seatsubbed and I get nothing back In that scenario. Not ideal really.

Loyalty program wise, I’d be interested in knowing if attending a match or using seatsub accrues the same points. Or will seatsubbing be less points? If less, that’s another blow for fans living further afield who can’t attend every game but still pay for their season ticket.

i have often said this , including season ticket euro games and home cup tickets i was in excess of over £720 last season knowing as a fisherman i only get half of any games per season and it costs £30 every bus to a game , if they are saying its a " tiered system " in regards to away games thats me screwed so why bother in the 1st place

Horrendous for guys like yourself mate , I fear we will lose a lot through this .

Far , far too complex .

and yer loyalty is disregarded just like that unless seatsub and attending gets the same bonus points

The club is looking to ensure the stadium is full as every week we are selling out and thousands of tickets go unused. Buying the ticket is the most important thing to the club true but going and supporting the team has value as well. And if you can’t go giving that opportunity to another supporter.

The attendance or seat sub options when seat sub is available makes sense. If seat sub isn’t an option then there would be no bonus on attendance.

travel club points wouldn’t be lost. They’d be part of your loyalty points

Proportionally? So would going to Moscow get the same point as going to Fir Park or not?

Sorry to be slightly negative but this has shambles written all over it. Who is going to administer the new scheme? Our TO are under pressure as it is. I reference in particular your comment about if a boat is cancelled folk might still get a point, who is going to deal with all these requests?

Finally, when will this likely be up and running being as ST renewals will be out in about 7 weeks time? To try and have this in place for next season would be amateurish at best.

we have held focus groups in NI and focus groups around weekend games

lucky for me i can attend this meeting tonight then , before 2012 our bus went from mid 35's to full most games after the summer of 2012 it plummeted to 25 and under even 15-20 making the 440 mile round trip, slowly but surely we are getting our numbers up to 30 but if being " categorized by the club and the RSC not being big enough to source tickets the lads that can't get away games might chuck it altogether .............

how much money would Rangers lose ? so much for being loyal it feels as if we are being penalised for not staying within 30 minutes of Ibrox

Proportionally? So would going to Moscow get the same point as going to Fir Park or not?

Sorry to be slightly negative but this has shambles written all over it. Who is going to administer the new scheme? Our TO are under pressure as it is. I reference in particular your comment about if a boat is cancelled folk might still get a point, who is going to deal with all these requests?

Finally, when will this likely be up and running being as ST renewals will be out in about 7 weeks time? To try and have this in place for next season would be amateurish at best.

they are paying us lip-service , the club know what they want to do

staff are being added that’s remit is specifically to deal with the data from membership.

the points for the initial loyalty standings haven’t been finalised. We wouldn’t look to use game by game for domestic away games initially nor would attendance data be used to build up the the points.

you would get a set number of points for being on the away cccs for that season.

Travel club points will be converted to the new system directly.

Back