New smartcard

I’m still waiting on 2, I’m going on holiday on Tuesday and was hoping to give them to a mate to use.

Mine arrived today but still waiting for my son's. This was the same with the paper tickets over the last couple of weeks where mine arrived one day and my son's the next day. With this in mind we are expecting his on Monday.

seasont.jpg
Mine arrived today

I notice the letter specifically says there will be no paper ticket reprints. There has been some speculation that you will be able to print off a ticket at home, but it doesn’t look like there’s going to be the facility to sell on your ticket that way. Could be the club trying to push people down the secondary ticketing route.

This paragraph caught my eye as well.

Secondary ticketing is all well and good when you know a few days in advance that you won't be able to make a game, but a few times last season it was a last minute change in circumstance that meant I couldn't make the game and a mate had to get a reprint.

Any one any ideas of the significance of the colour of the smart cards?

So far we’ve had white and dark blue, and light blue.

Adult, Juvenile and Concession maybe?

Edit:

Misread a previous post, adults are dark blue, juvenile white and Bar72 are light blue

Last edited:

Mine is a concession as I'm an OAP and it is dark blue. I am in the Copland Rear in case it is specific colours for different stands.

Mine is a concession as I'm an OAP and it is dark blue. I am in the Copland Rear in case it is specific colours for different stands.

Mine is dark blue, and it’s a full adult in the club deck!

Who knows! Maybe it’s just random

Concession is dark blue along with Adult. Junior should be white or it’s a mistake.

Mine and Cutlass Jnr's arrived this morning!
In the accompanying letter it says that your card will be activated for "any additional Non Season Ticket Home games".
I know this seems like a bit of a Noddy question but I take it we won't receive a paper ticket for the FC Midtjylland game?

In the accompanying letter it says that your card will be activated for "any additional Non Season Ticket Home games".
I know this seems like a bit of a Noddy question but I take it we won't receive a paper ticket for the FC Midtjylland game?

The email for the Midtylland games confirms that smartcards will be activated.

Ye I guess they will just update the smart cards now that they are out.

Wee knock at the door there.old fella next door says this for you.my new season ticket the old fella has been on holiday and the postman put it through the wrong door

I'm headin tae Ibrox the morra and will take season card wi me just in case they put the EL game on it instead of still issuing paper tickets.

mentally challenged bastard postie didn’t deliver mine today :mad:

I've just purchased my ticket for the Midtjlland game during which it was stated that my smartcard would be activated.
I sure hope that it comes before then as I've not received it yet

Mine just popped through the letterbox this very minute.
The accompanying letter states that if you forget it on match day you should go to the Ticket Office immediately.
I suppose that must entail issuing a paper ticket.

Does anyone know if the new season tickets and technology will allow us to upgrade a child ticket to adult online or via an app, or will we still have to call up to do this?

I’m lucky, I know well before the game if one of the grandkids aren’t going to use the ticket giving me a couple of days to call and upgrade, but it must be a nightmare for those who need to upgrade on the day of the game.

Does anyone know if the new season tickets and technology will allow us to upgrade a child ticket to adult online or via an app, or will we still have to call up to do this?

I’m lucky, I know well before the game if one of the grandkids aren’t going to use the ticket giving me a couple of days to call and upgrade, but it must be a nightmare for those who need to upgrade on the day of the game.
This could be a potential problem.
When I was at one of the games last month I noticed that the card readers are now located immediately in front of the turnstile attendants.
I believe that the child tickets are a different colour from the adults presumably to deter any potential misuse therefore the only possible solution for this would involve the issue of a paper ticket as I don't think the attendant will have the ability to differentiate locally.

This could be a potential problem.
When I was at one of the games last month I noticed that the card readers are now located immediately in front of the turnstile attendants.
I believe that the child tickets are a different colour from the adults presumably to deter any potential misuse therefore the only possible solution for this would involve the issue of a paper ticket as I don't think the attendant will have the ability to differentiate locally.

I currently phone up, pay difference to upgrade and use the child season ticket at the scanner which has been activated for an adult for that game - I don’t get issued a paper ticket.

Just wondering if they’ll make it easier to upgrade as I’m sure it says on the letter that came with the season ticket that paper tickets won’t be issued.

I currently phone up, pay difference to upgrade and use the child season ticket at the scanner which has been activated for an adult for that game - I don’t get issued a paper ticket.

Just wondering if they’ll make it easier to upgrade as I’m sure it says on letter paper tickets won’t be issued.
The problem could potentially exist if an adult attempts to use a child's card at the turnstile as it will be immediately obvious to the attendant.
I'm in the Main Stand where before the readers were outwith the view of the attendant.
They have now been re positioned and are located right in front of the attendant
It may well be that the new system may incorporate some sort of indication locally that informs the attendant that the card has been upgraded to an adult therefore it may be advisable to find out if this is the case before attending a game.

Reason I’m asking is I’ve successfully paid for both seats for the upcoming European game online and there was the option to upgrade grandsons to adult and both said Smartcard Activation (I think this was the wording).

But logging in today, there isn’t the same option to upgrade his child ticket for the Hibs game.

Seems a bit strange I can be upgrade online for European match but not the League match.

Latest posts

Back