Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

Can still see rawness in him. He gets caught wrong side of the man too often.

It’s his age, and as he gets more experience he’s going to be colossal. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see likes of Juventus come knocking our door someday.

Can we play all 4 CHs:))

no my name isn’t Walter!!

Nae bother :)) Might need to go a bit route one though....

.............................McGregor............................
....Goldson...Helmander..Katic..Edmundson...
Tavernier.............................................Flanagan
................................Davis................................
................................Aribo................................
..............................Morelos...................Jones

The boy is amazing in the air and to me looks like he is improving all the time but for me doesn't have the positional sense that Goldson has if you watch his 1st half clearances from crosses, knows where to be. Good problem to have though for us

Has really came on to a game. If he keeps this up their will be people coming calling in January

My favourite CB at the club but the 4 CBs are all quality (Helander by reputation) and Edmundson from what I have seen so far has impressed ,I have no worries this season with any suspensions or injuries at CB compared to previous seasons .

Can’t help but think SG feels otherwise and there is perhaps more to this than we know.
I can't be bothered with shite posts like this trying to insinuate there is perhaps problems behind the scenes or unrest in the camp.
You have anything more than a feeling to back this up?
The timing as well? Everyone is buzzing after a great Euro result but nah there is something off for you, perhaps more then we can know. Pffttt, what a lot of shite. Laughable really.
You can't enjoy a result like tonight and the buzz it brings all fans, the way it pulls us all together without worrying about made up problems then perhaps football is the wrong sport for you.

Excited to see how good Helander must be to keep the Croatian Gough out the team. :)

Katic and Big Buff - genuine talents and both circa 22!

Katic Number #1 I completely agree. He is a real goal threat also. Him and Goldson look solid together.

SG must see something that keeps him from putting Katic on the team sheet every match.
It seems to me, he's nurturing him along....CB is an unforgiving position where mistakes typically result in goals. I'd like to think that is why SG manages Katic the way he does. Wants him learning + building confidence which it seems we are starting to see the benefits of.
May it + Katic only get better.

Katic will eventually be sold for a huge amount, an absolute colossus who is learning all the time and getting better! What a goal threat he is in that opposition box and his timing in the tackle is impeccable!

Still learning but I think he’s going to be our greatest asset in years to come I rate him very highly great goal tonight and for me this is why we need him in the team he’s a huge threat in the opposition,s box and the amount of headers he wins is superb plus the support and the rest of his teammates love him to bits

Does anyone reckon we will go 5 at the back next week with Edmundson along Katic and Goldson?

They will come out the traps obviously but we have enough in our locker to see it out.

We have 4 tremendous cbs. I feel Katic is 4th choice however.

He’s not 4th choice at all , far from it .

It’s goldson +1 and the +1 is between Katic and Hellander .

If we have a successful season it will mean over 60 games again , plenty for all 4 centre halves to play a decent amount during the season .

Big man was colossal in that first half especially. Reading the game superbly. Winning every header. Covering for his full backs. It’ll take something special to be able to take the jersey off the big man. CLASS.

I wasn’t in favour of splashing £3m on another CB simply because I feel the cash would have been better spent elsewhere imo.
I get that SG wanted a left footed CB and it would have been a slight gamble going with the 3 we have.

I would have taken the ‘risk’ with the 3,plus Mayo as emergency in the unfortunate event 2 got injured as having 4 first choice leads to unnecessary rotation when I prefer to try and forge a partnership in the centre of defence.

He’s doing well but has a mistake in him, a big one at that. Got off with a big one in the closing minutes at Kilmarnock and the second goal was his fault last night, he left his man open and was watching the ball. I think he’s a fantastic player to have but why do people on here always have so go way over the top when praising a player?

He's a unit. Wins practically every header, will throw his body on the line and he's such a threat from set pieces.

He’s doing well but has a mistake in him, a big one at that. Got off with a big one in the closing minutes at Kilmarnock and the second goal was his fault last night, he left his man open and was watching the ball. I think he’s a fantastic player to have but why do people on here always have so go way over the top when praising a player?

I don’t think you actually have a brain.

Helander isn't getting a look in as long as Katic's there.

If Helander replaces anyone it'll be goldson.

Gerrard must be kicking himself for keeping Katic out the team for so long last season, guy is an absolute tank.

Since Katic has come back from his family issues he's improved game by game to the point that he's our best central defender.
Once again he played a blinder tonight and for me he was by far and away our MOTM!

He was absolutely outstanding tonight. Got his positioning wrong once, and he recovered well to win the ball and pass it to Tav. Headered everything that came near him and look assured an confident.

We’ve got 4 bloody good centre backs at the club. They’ll all push each other to greater heights which is fantastic for us.

Hope we keep him for another season or 2....but make no mistake he will leave to the EPL for huge amount of money at 22 I can't see another CB with his quality at that age in European football

I stand by the OP.

Katić is a better option than our current CB pairing.

He's better is the air, is better in the tackle, and is more of a goal threat.

Yet, he gets bombed out for the slightest mistake – and often gets bombed out when he's not even made any mistakes.
Meanwhile, Goldson, in particular, continues to make error after error and is seemingly untouchable.

It's utterly baffling the way Katić is treated.

I keep hearing that the way we're managing him is good for his development.
However, surely his development would be better served by him actually getting regular game time?

I agree, and it's all subjective right, so I'm sure people will disagree. I do like Goldson and Katic as a partnership. I feel Helander isn't as mobile and Katic is just a more tough tackling CB which is what we need. Also a big goal threat too.

Back