Match Thread NK Osijek v Rangers - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

nice start but still room for improvement and recognition of when to play sideways and when to go forward. kent must have thought they were ignoring him at some points in the first half, acres of space and instead a 5 yard sideways pass.

gouldson looks good so far but lets see him when he gets roughed up in our league. shagger seems to be the shagger of old. jack was mostly nice and tidy, alfredo did a thankless task up front on his own. he really does need help from someone up front in domestic games though. a permanent help not a loanee.

if i had been a home fan i would not be happy. the amount of possession and corners they had and only a couple of good chances.

Well done Rangers!!!

An away win in Europe is always a good result. The clean sheet makes it all the better. The tie isn’t over and they look a technical solid side, but hopefully we’ve done enough to clinch the aggregate win at Ibrox. Apart from a few scares in the first half I thought our defence looked pretty solid. Goldson MOTM for me. Coulibaly looked the best of the debutants, especially in the first half and i think he’ll strengthen our side. Ejaria And Kent were less impressive although the later put in some good work defensively. However our midfield was ineffective as a creative force meaning our forwards never really got into the game. (Acracking goal from Morelos aside) This is something that needs to be sorted by the gaffer asap. Hopefully we will be more of an attacking threat next week and put this tie tobed.

Good result!

Rode our luck at times but could have got more too. Some thoughts;
- full backs were both very poor
- we looked vulnerable at corners. McGregor is a better keeper but Fod is better at crossed balls (incoming)
- Morelos much better and done well for goal and hold up play
- Kent looks dangerous but will be frustrating
- Coulibaly looks like a good yin
- Ejaria showed some great touches, has to learn when to play it easy though as can leave us exposed
- big Goldson looks a leader

Looked unconvincing at times at the back but on the whole much better performance, better balance to team than in previous games. Coulibaly, Ejaria and Kent all look like they like they’ll contribute but will be inconsistent at times especially that latter two. Sounds like boy from Roma will be the same. Add to that Windass and Morelos who have the ability but lack consistency so need players like Jack, Arfield and Dorrans to add stability.

Still need a player or two but feel much better after tonight than last game. We will continue to improve.

Good result Bears

Very good performance in terms of digging in and being resolute. Lack of understanding was obvious but work rate made up for it most of the time, as we get sharper the bad touches will become fewer and the passes will be better.

Not a bad nights work, my top 3 are Morelos, Kent & Ejaria just edging Coulibaly.

A win and a clean sheet away from home.

We had one real chance and we took it.

Rode our luck a couple of times but generally looked well organised and solid.

Goldson, Greegsy, Alfie and Jack were the standouts for me.
Kent worked very hard - first half looked a real threat. 2nd helped to cover Flanagan.

I’d have bitten your hand off for that before the game.

Tremendous result. Clearly miles away from geling yet so it makes the final result much more special.

Coolbilly being the standout player. Some amount of work he put in

Early days,team did really well for a side still gelling,at last after years we look solid in the middle of defence,and shagger is still the shagger we all knew and loved.

Good result, I'd take 1-0 wins all season.

My arse might go a few times but, I'll always be happy with performances like that in Europe.

There is one clear candidate for Club Captain and it was very very visible at the final whistle. Shagger was surrounded by his team mates and he was the one encouraging and congratulating good performances....he immediately singled out Coulibaly for that solid block on edge of the box.

He’s the composed one, the leader within the defence organising and the one that provides the calmness and assurance.

Well done Alan well done Son!

Glad for Stevie G great result for him and his back room team his new players are all showing up well.....just hope he revisits the captaincy decision and allows Tav to concentrate 100% on his own game especially his defensive duties!!!

Happy with that. Quite an assured performance aside from a few dodgy moments from Tav.

Coulibaly showed up well on his debut. Kent didn't get much joy attacking wise but he put a great shift in. Morelos was absolutely fantastic tonight, really pleased for him. Hope it gives him the confidence he's been missing.

A good result. A hard working performance. Morelos took his chance expertly.

Our passing needs to improve a lot but most of our team have never played together before. Stevie Ger seems to be heading in the right direction.

A good night for us.

Are there no post match analysis or interviews Etc.. .. on this dopey channel? I am still raging virgin have removed UK food from my package...premier sports for 2 months is a shit trade off!

They pay minimal satellite coverage, hence programme starting 5 minutes before KO and finishing one minute after the whistle.

They will be raging there was 5 minutes injury time.

Special note for the Coulibaly tackle just about the 90 min mark just outside our box

Went through the lad taking the ball and walked away with it

When he gets up to speed he could be immense

Kent and ejaria showed nice touches too

From the starting XI - Murphy and Jack will soon drop out for Sadiq and Arfield

Well done Rangers. Cracking result. Another clean sheet. An away win in Europe. Fab.

Top 3 performers for me:
Morelos - outstanding, strong up front, worked hard, good decision making and lovely goal. Has his mojo back.
Goldson - calm, assured, good positioning, an astute signing
McGregor - some excellent saves and provides great leadership and organisation

Credit to Jack, Katic, Coulibally and Kent too. Also thought Flanagan did much better 2nd half.

No complaints from this bear.

We need to be wary 2nd leg though, they can be a dangerous team if we slack off. Thankfully I think Gerrard’s high standards won’t allow us to feck it up.
Excellent post

Was getting my updates on here.
Sounded like another bad one for Ryan Jack.
Is he ok ?

He managed to play on
Looked like an elbow in back of the neck wth a knee in the back too

Lad was booked and then Flanagan was booked for being slightly late
If Flanagan’s was a yellow - the assault on Jack was maybe a red

Goldson and Morelos were brilliant tonight. Kent also had a very good debut.
ely
Tav had a nightmare today. Needs to improve defensively in games where we're on the back foot a fair bit.

Overall chuffed with the result. Sets us up nicely! WATP
Tav improve defensively, Oh that's a new thought - not. He has to go, the sooner the bett

Very happy with that performance. We look like Rangers again. Another clean sheet. Cracking goal. I think we'll beat this team by a couple at Ibrox. Most importantly though, the mentality appears to be returning on both sides, ie: the opposition fear us, and our players have the confidence to wear the shirt and know what it means to play for The Rangers. Stevie G has brought that. We're definitely heading in the right direction.

Very good result. Performance was as needed to get an away Euro result. So I won't judge too harshly our attacking play which again I thought was poor and posed little threat. Defensively I'm happy.

Next week will be nervy not helped by 2/3rds of the stadium expecting us to roll them over. Fully expect the team to show the required patience to see it through.

have seen us playing better away from home in Europe and coming away with nothing ,so all in all I'm well satisfied, not sure I would be happy to see us giving up so much possession and corner kicks every game ,but we got the job done,just need to get ourselves over the line at Ibrox now

I see a lot of complaints about Flanagan.

His positioning defensively was absolutely immense. He made about 5 interceptions in the last 5 minutes alone.

Got beat too easily once, and looks technically woeful, but he is in there for a reason, and that is to make us a more solid unit at that back.

He totally nailed one poor Croat a minute after Jack got clobbered. He'll do well for us.

Genuinely very good result. We still have a way to go but we got more from that game tonight than I had expected. C'mon the teddy bears.

Never expected it to be easy - and it certainly wasn’t! The main features are that it was a great win away from home and that there is clear evidence that we have plenty to work with in the team we’ve now got. A team full of new players that have yet to gel gives us a great base to go forward from.

I thought it was a decent performance.
However, when you factor in other stuff, like last season, the manager blooding two new players, the amount of players we are bedding into what is a brand new team, ..............well, when you start to factor in all of that.
It was a fckn great result.

Rangers look like they have some real sensible direction off the park, and that at the very least means we can, at last, get a return on our investment on the park.

I think that is the very least that you want from a management structure.
The hope is that we can get even more than .....the very least.

Happy days.

At my age I can afford to.
They only get in the fucking way now.
Constantly sitting on my old man balls and letting out a yelp, so yes I'd give them up for another victory.
(under anaesthesia, obviously)
I remember the post, but not the poster about something similar. Was it your good self who made the comment about driving the bus, or another similarly plagued with the regressive development of age? :D

Good result in a tough game.

We rode our luck at times. I'm a Tav fan but he had a rough night, Flanagan looked much better last round too than he did tonight. It was McGregor and Goldson, my MOTM, who held the whole thing together.

Pleased with Morelos tonight; worked hard, scored (!) with a header (!!), won us a lot of fouls that helped relieve the pressure at crucial times. There was no huffs or petulance from him tonight either. Much more mature performance from him. Kent gave us flashes of quality at times too.

Next week will be a hard game. They're capable of scoring at Ibrox. We'll need to play well and the crowd will need to stick by the team through what could be some sticky spells in the match.

Loving the fact we've kept 3 cleen sheets in 3 games after the defensive shit shows of recent years.

Good result there. Puts us in a commanding position and if we defend well we should be through.

Didn't think we were particularly good tho. Had very few chances/shots.

Great result.

Great away performance.

They were no mugs at all - see their performances in Europe last year.

Still no goals conceded.

Several players on their debut...more than half the team have barely played together.

Away win in Europe.

Brilliant!

Happy for the Bears over there -love your misery the poets on here.

WATP.

Back