Not facing yellow cards is the massive edge they have over Scottish football

In the early part of the game, their No 17 tactically pushed over Bassey - when Bassey was about to surge forward and set up an attack.
He then tried to tackle Kent or stop him or whatever - and kicked him.
Referee took to action.

Referee was waving to their Goalkeeper - all game. I thought that they hadn't seen each other for a while and he was being friendly. Referee was blowing his whistle to get their Goalkeeper to hurry up and being constantly ignored. He even had a word - at least twice.
Referee took to action.

Mask McGregor gestured to the enclosure after they had scored.
Referee took to action.

I would just like the guy to be a Referee - in the true sense of the word.

For those who doubt that referees are not affected by intimidation off the park, here’s what Mike Dean said today about the aftermath of sending a West Ham player off.

"My daughter got death threats," said Dean.

"They were saying they knew where we lived and they were going to petrol bomb the house. It was pretty bad.

"I told the Premier League; they got the police involved. I reported it to the police and they came around.

"My family was affected pretty badly for a couple of weeks. I just took myself off games as I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

"I am a pretty strong person at times. I can be weak at other times. I had to be strong for the family that week. It was tough.

For those who doubt that referees are not affected by intimidation off the park, here’s what Mike Dean said today about the aftermath of sending a West Ham player off.

"My daughter got death threats," said Dean.

"They were saying they knew where we lived and they were going to petrol bomb the house. It was pretty bad.

"I told the Premier League; they got the police involved. I reported it to the police and they came around.

"My family was affected pretty badly for a couple of weeks. I just took myself off games as I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

"I am a pretty strong person at times. I can be weak at other times. I had to be strong for the family that week. It was tough.

The repeated cynical first-half fouls from Celtc were a deliberate tactic, as they knew Collum would do nothing. They would never be allowed the same leeway in Europe. Tbf, every other club in the League faces the same problem. That a Rangers player was booked first yesterday said it all, tbh.
Every other team in Scotland faces the same issue when they play THEM.
Every other team in Scotland can foul and kick players to their hearts content when they play US.
Rangers are NEVER allowed to dish out the same treatment to other teams (especially THEM) without being booked immediately

when the game was all but over andf no fear of picking up a second one.

Collum " managed " the game well for the Peasants. He knew even a draw would suit them, a win even better. It is inexplicable how they finished the first 45 minutes without a yellow card.

They had 10 fouls in the first half, we had 2.

0 yellows for them, 1 for us. Divided opinion about whether it was even a foul, never mind a yellow for JL.

Anyone denying that’s a significant advantage is clueless, a tim, or both.

We can sort our own issues out, and I strongly believe that needs to happen regardless of the standard of refereeing. But without a better standard and more importantly, VAR, we’re going to be up against it most weeks.

It’s not unreasonable to want the refereeing sideshow ended.
What foul of theirs in the first half was worthy of a yellow card?

And this was shown again yesterday. Any team that walks onto the pitch knowing that they'll rarely be booked, especially early doors, holds a very real advantage over other sides. Its been posted on here on numerous occasions the foul to yellow card ratio stats for Celtc, and its beyond ridiculous. They could easily have been on 2 or even 3 yellow cards in the first 45 minutes alone, which would have put a completely different complexion on the game. To be allowed to foul with impunity when your opponents approach your goal is a luxury that no other team shares in Scottish football.
The Ralston attack on Kent McCoist on commentary said was horrendous and he gets a 6 from the Scottish journalists. In the last twenty minutes they got away with murder as you said if they got the yellows in the first half they couldn't have chopped our players down.

The Ralston attack on Kent McCoist on commentary said was horrendous and he gets a 6 from the Scottish journalists. In the last twenty minutes they got away with murder as you said if they got the yellows in the first half they couldn't have chopped our players down.
Ralston wasn't on in the first half?

We had a ratio of 1 yellow per 7 fouls yesterday while they had a ratio of 1 yellow per 3.25 fouls yesterday.

This doesn't really fit the narrative.

It’s a clear tactic if you beat their press and are running beyond any of their players they foul you

Happened at least 5 times first half all would have resulted in bookings in Europe or an epl game

It then means they can’t do it second half as it’s the same culprits time and again

We had a ratio of 1 yellow per 7 fouls yesterday while they had a ratio of 1 yellow per 3.25 fouls yesterday.

This doesn't really fit the narrative.
They got booked in the later stages of the game. First half they committed 8 fouls no bookings. They knew they could hack our players late on hence 4 bookings.

If you look back to post 86 you’ll see the video of their first half fouls. Starfelt had three of those. Taylor and McGregor are yellow cards, Maeda possibly and the 2nd gif here wasn‘t even given as a foul. So, possibly 5 bookings and they escaped with zero.
‘Hope that answers your question. And no one is saying the ref cost the game. We’re saying this is an issue.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They got booked in the later stages of the game. First half they committed 8 fouls no bookings. They knew they could hack our players late on hence 4 bookings.
Not every foul is a yellow card though. As I say I don't remember a single yellow card offence in the first half bar Lundstrams which was. And apparently I've just to read the match thread to see their captains foul.

Second half a differnet story.

Bitton professional foul
Greek guy shocking tackle
Ralston shocking tackle
Cartervickers I can't remember his or what it was for.

But at least three of those were yellow cards and they were all given.

What am I at?

Sorry for not buying into this little fantasy that the ref cost us the game yesterday.
The ref never cost us the game per se, but he definitely influenced it in their favour. He stood and watched Goldson be blatantly fouled in their box.

What am I at?

Sorry for not buying into this little fantasy that the ref cost us the game yesterday.
Token bookings ffs! Read the whole thread instead yourself..it's all there! They should've had bookings in first half for persistent fouling and evening a couple of sure yellows on their own. The booking to foul ratio you're on about was them being booked near the end of the game,token bookings from collum to make it look like he wasn't doing them any favours.

If you look back to post 86 you’ll see the video of their first half fouls. Starfelt had three of those. Taylor and McGregor are yellow cards, Maeda possibly and the 2nd gif here wasn‘t even given as a foul. So, possibly 5 bookings and they escaped with zero.
‘Hope that answers your question. And no one is saying the ref cost the game. We’re saying this is an issue.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Thanks, the Taylor one definitely looks like a yellow to me. Second one a foul for sure.

Not every foul is a yellow card though. As I say I don't remember a single yellow card offence in the first half bar Lundstrams which was. And apparently I've just to read the match thread to see their captains foul.

Bitton professional foul
Ralston shocking tackle

We’ve found Wullie’s login! :D

Bitton professional foul
Ralston shocking tackle

The centre half was constantly fouling stopping attacks maybe 5 fouls in the first half no booking. Late in the game they knew it would be safe to hack our players.

Thanks, the Taylor one definitely looks like a yellow to me. Second one a foul for sure.
So there you go. McGregor is also a stick on yellow.
This thread is about the ongoing issue of yellows not being applied to Celtic players early in the game. I see their games about every 2nd week.
Any time an attack breaks down they immediately foul to stop a counter. They are almost never booked for it.
There are stats out there that show they play almost double the mount of minutes we do without a player on a yellow.
‘They are booked at close to half the rate we are per foul despite having more fouls per game than we do.

Without clicking on the link, I’m assuming that refers to the Broadfoot penalty?

As if someone, far less some as goggle eyed as Collum, couldn’t have peripheral vision eh?

Referee strikes. Hugh Dallas hung out to dry. And the rest is history.

This will never improve until it is raised loudly and consistently by the club, in the vein that David Martindale did at the weekend, and by such as Kris Boyd and Ally McCoist, just as Sutton, Hartson and Walker do for them.

As I have said on many occasions Silence is Consent. Make no complaint about it and it is taken by referees to be OK. It’s the same thing as ‘but nobody even claimed for it’ as was said about the handball for our penalty against Dortmund away.

So there you go. McGregor is also a stick on yellow.
This thread is about the ongoing issue of yellows not being applied to Celtic players early in the game. I see their games about every 2nd week.
Any time an attack breaks down they immediately foul to stop it. They are almost never booked for it.
There are stats out there that show they play almost double the mount of minutes we do without a player on a yellow.
‘They are booked at close to half the rate we are per foul despite having more fouls per game than we do.
This should be the story of today’s Bear Pit mate. That and piss poor tactics from our manager in the second half.

Instead we’ve got people slating McCoist, talking about morons and broken glass and Nipoleon behaving like the jumped up pseudo dictator that she is. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This should be the story of today’s Bear Pit mate. That and piss poor tactics from our manager in the second half.

Instead we’ve got people slating McCoist, taking about morons and broken glass and Nipoleon behaving like the jumped up pseudo dictator that she is. :rolleyes:
I haven’t even looked at the Sturgeon thread. I can only imagine we are on the front pages again for a bottle being thrown and the ugly cow is milking it.
I’m also sure that we rightly have our own support condemning the bottle throwers.

However we’re going on a decade of The Green Brigade belting out the tunes and the whole of Celtic Park singing about the IRA and nothing being done.
We’re also on a decade of humiliation of ra sellic being humiliated in Europe with bottles being thrown and players attacked for celebrating and nothing being said. Visiting players manhandled by Scottish police! Third world stuff.

I have issues with the team but our board are utterly clueless when it comes to PR and fighting propaganda. If we equated their performance and attitude over the past decade to being a football team the 12-13 team would hump them 10-0. They are hopeless.

It was a classic from the ref. Book 1 our players first. Allow them to foul non stop before finally booking some into 2nd half.

Then the classic late bookings for celtic players to make it look like there treated more harshly.
The funny thing is these refs think us fans don't notice how they do actually influence a game, mind you the way some of our own refuse to acknowledge this, it's no wonder they get away with this cheating continually.

The funny thing is these refs think us fans don't notice how they do actually influence a game, mind you the way some of our own refuse to acknowledge this, it's no wonder they get away with this cheating continually.
Stevie Wonder could give the smsm a synopsis ffs! And as you say, still we have fans oblivious.

I witnessed the same thing the previous day at Beechwood for Talbot v Pollok.
The parallels were striking. The only difference being that roles were reversed for each of the four sides over the two days.

It was uncanny.

I haven’t even looked at the Sturgeon thread. I can only imagine we are on the front pages again for a bottle being thrown and the ugly cow is milking it.
I’m also sure that we rightly have our own support condemning the bottle throwers.

However we’re going on a decade of The Green Brigade belting out the tunes and the whole of Celtic Park singing about the IRA and nothing being done.
We’re also on a decade of humiliation of ra sellic being humiliated in Europe with bottles being thrown and players attacked for celebrating and nothing being said. Visiting players manhandled by Scottish police! Third world stuff.

I have issues with the team but our board are utterly clueless when it comes to PR and fighting propaganda. If we equated their performance and attitude over the past decade to being a football team the 12-13 team would hump them 10-0. They are hopeless.
Self inflicted pain. Needless and avoidable on all counts mate.

But hey, tomorrow’s another day! :);)

Here’s the instance I posted in another thread.
6 minutes apart and the throw ins are refereed to a different standard.
Timmy allowed to walk forward almost 14 yards, officials insistent we stay where the ball went out.
Which one of these throw ins is in a threatening area?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
4th official stops Bassey taking a quick throw FFS.

And this was shown again yesterday. Any team that walks onto the pitch knowing that they'll rarely be booked, especially early doors, holds a very real advantage over other sides. Its been posted on here on numerous occasions the foul to yellow card ratio stats for Celtc, and its beyond ridiculous. They could easily have been on 2 or even 3 yellow cards in the first 45 minutes alone, which would have put a completely different complexion on the game. To be allowed to foul with impunity when your opponents approach your goal is a luxury that no other team shares in Scottish football.
It is subtle but it does change the game that and not actually giving fouls also.

17th minute Taylor is nowhere near the ball, boot is knee high.
12th and 30th minutes Starfelt - through the back of Aribo twice and 22nd minute the two handed push on Roofe
33 minute Jota kicks Kent following up the trip on 37 seconds!
34th minute Maeda assaults Balogun
35th minute the greek follows through when the ball is cleared and catches Balogun - no foul given

52nd minute Starfelt again brings down Roofe. Starfelt and the full back are well out of position.

That is as far as I have watched back.

Do yourself a favour and stick to golf if you are that good.

Bitton professional foul
Ralston shocking tackle

What part of persistent fouling being a yellow card is puzzling you, mate. ?

Back