Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found myself skipping through most of the Celtic chat on this one, still enjoyed some of the stories in it though. Brilliant from Halliday at the end.

did anyone else feel a wee bit sorry for Slane when he was talking about the whole family gathered round the laptop to watch the game? Thought it came across as he was to embarrassed to say they were watching it on a dodgy link and backed himself into a corner

He talks the most sense about football out the lot of them imo.

“Ah think he doesn’t do enough for Sultick, Si, and his link up play is poor.”

“Nah he has a good relationship with the guys on the wing.”

“Aye you’re right Si, he’s pretty hard working and does a lot for the team.”

When he said about not seeing the fuss over Dele Alli in previous seasons, the other 3 shot him right down with his goal scoring record. Felt bad for him on that one.

I get the impression that he just wants to fit in and say the right things rather than speak his mind. Which is a shame because he had a more than decent career down in England.

Found myself skipping through most of the Celtic chat on this one, still enjoyed some of the stories in it though. Brilliant from Halliday at the end.

did anyone else feel a wee bit sorry for Slane when he was talking about the whole family gathered round the laptop to watch the game? Thought it came across as he was to embarrassed to say they were watching it on a dodgy link and backed himself into a corner

The way I saw it as well. I’ve warmed to Slaney tbh, used to have no time for him but he’s a harmless guy, half of the stuff he says you take with a pinch of salt and seems to have anxiety issues as well.

Was a funny episode though. Even enjoyed the one with McGeady last week, he comes across differently to what I thought he would from his Celtic days. Had some decent stories and banter.

I do like the show but Si Ferry has been getting on my nerves the last few weeks. Especially with his constant tactical and coaching talk he does. He had a bang average career which should’ve been better but he thinks he knows better than some of the managers in the game.

I know it’s all about opinions but even this week talking about Scott McTominay and saying he’s horrible. He plays for Man United for a reason and Jose Mourinho gave him his debut but Ferry knows better than them.

I know it’s all about opinions but even this week talking about Scott McTominay and saying he’s horrible. He plays for Man United for a reason and Jose Mourinho gave him his debut but Ferry knows better than them.
If you don't like people giving opinions way above their station, thinking they know better than the pros, then this forum might not be the place for you :D

Slane offers nothing imo. I’ve only watched about three or four of these admittedly but he comes across to me as their daft pal you keep as someone to laugh at their expense. He is a simpleton.
If you don't think hes hillarious... i would love to see your idea of humour

What's the deal with Paul Slane? Is there something actually wrong with the guy or is it an attention act?

The episode with Barry - he's sat there clutching what looks like an oxygen tank!

Some of the panellists and even ferry look at him like 'wtaf are you on mate?'

What's the deal with Paul Slane? Is there something actually wrong with the guy or is it an attention act?

The episode with Barry - he's sat there clutching what looks like an oxygen tank!

He will be on the spectrum imo.

I used to hate Slaney but don’t actually mind him now. Just take him for what he is. An idiot but a funny one.

Kyle on the other hand is a f**king donkey. Doesn’t have a clue and can’t speak properly.

Hated him ever since he was ruled out of a rangers game with ‘general soreness’.

“Ah think he doesn’t do enough for Sultick, Si, and his link up play is poor.”

“Nah he has a good relationship with the guys on the wing.”

“Aye you’re right Si, he’s pretty hard working and does a lot for the team.”

When he said about not seeing the fuss over Dele Alli in previous seasons, the other 3 shot him right down with his goal scoring record. Felt bad for him on that one.

I get the impression that he just wants to fit in and say the right things rather than speak his mind. Which is a shame because he had a more than decent career down in England.
You can honestly feel the energy from the other 3 when he speaks, they dont even care , he deflates the room. Ferry stares at his papers and Halliday and Slaney just stare into space trying no to fall asleep. At the end was embarrassing, Ferry leaves and Slaney talks to Andy. Just spoke to Andy while Kyle was desperately trying to join in getting pied. Cant go the guy but i felt sorry for him there.

I don’t mind Kevin Kyle at all but his shout to get Roy Keane in to the Man U job was horrendous.

Slaney has been not too bad the last few weeks but the constant crap stories about his family are getting boring.

They spoke about us for about two minutes this week. So slanted towards the Tims.

The line from Halliday when asked if any Rangers players had got in touch after his win at the weekend was good.

Said Jones was out celebrating!

Bipolar and ADHD would be my very uneducated guess.

The others on the show seem to be quite protective of him, always reassuring him that he's doing well.

One of my favourite episodes this week. Everyone was so funny. Even big Kev's story about Bono had me going

I genuinely think Winkie and the other person that keeps sticking up for Kyle on this thread saying he is really good etc are actually Kyle and his wife. It’s the only sensible explanation. He is dull, can’t count, doesn’t have a clue and just agrees with everyone almost everytime. Think I have seen him form his own opinion once. No real harm to him, but he doesn’t bring anything to the table whatsoever.

I genuinely think Winkie and the other person that keeps sticking up for Kyle on this thread saying he is really good etc are actually Kyle and his wife. It’s the only sensible explanation. He is dull, can’t count, doesn’t have a clue and just agrees with everyone almost everytime. Think I have seen him form his own opinion once. No real harm to him, but he doesn’t bring anything to the table whatsoever.

Where do I keep sticking up for him? I literally posted one thing that when they are actually talking about football that he talks the most sense in the episodes I’ve watched ffs. :))

Slane offers nothing imo. I’ve only watched about three or four of these admittedly but he comes across to me as their daft pal you keep as someone to laugh at their expense. He is a simpleton.

He is a simpleton but I think that's the idea!
I don’t mind Kevin Kyle at all but his shout to get Roy Keane in to the Man U job was horrendous.

Slaney has been not too bad the last few weeks but the constant crap stories about his family are getting boring.

Once again it lasted all of 2 seconds till Ferry said Pochettino then Kyle goes 'Aye why haven't they got him in' ?

He always looks devastated if Ferry disagrees with him!

Where do I keep sticking up for him? I literally posted one thing that when they are actually talking about football that he talks the most sense in the episodes I’ve watched ffs. :))

Sorry mate I could have swore I’d seen you post more than once in his defence. Anyways, I was just having a laugh mate. All good fun.

It's a sad sad day when a bear gets rounded up on and laughed at for simply pointing out that watching/listening to open ghoal content directly funds the Liewell family. How cucked have we as a support become when everyone rushes to the defence of a mentally challenged-owned media group.

But yous fire in, new episode with aiden mcgeady! Bet you all can't wait to watch that.

Remember when the whole scottish mhedia becomes one big poet propaganda machine, you have helped that become a reality.

Peter Lawwell has probably had the best part of fifteen million quid in wages out of Celtic. How the %^*& is watching a podcast changing the slightest thing in his family's life?

Watched the Gordon Smart one earlier today that was brilliant.

What other non Rangers ones are good ones?

Watched the Gordon Smart one earlier today that was brilliant.

What other non Rangers ones are good ones?
Most of them are decent. McGeady's is good. Barry Robsons is funny, some good stories from his youth days with us.

If you struggle to sleep at night, Russel Andersons interview will help.

Struggled with this week's episode, only started watching the Monday shows the last few weeks, slaney seemed more hyperactive than usual, made me feel uneasy watching him. The two guests never knew how to take him either.

Never knew who either the guys were tonight and have never seen their own podcast but enjoyed it

Is the normal keeping the ball on the ground show on tommorow?

Been liking Open Goal lately since Halliday joined. Can’t listen to Kevin Kyle though, the way he says “Sell Tuck”

Those two were a good laugh.

Slaney came across as a wee fanny. Miles out his depth. The other lads clearly think he’s a roaster.

Slaney came across as a wee fanny. Miles out his depth. The other lads clearly think he’s a roaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back