Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Kyle is the type of who would sing Rangers songs with Rangers supporters and Celtic songs with Celtic supporters.

I’d imagine he was a casual armchair fan of them growing up. He knows very little about either club.
Kevin Kyle is the type of guy that eats his own snotters in fairness.

Kevin Kyle - To be honest si the problem is....I don't know what sultics problem is, is it maybe because of Ryan kint who knows.

Si Ferry - the celtic players just dinny run aboot enough for me.

Andy Halliday - genuine football knowledge and insights into tactics in modern day football.

Started to get bored of open goal until the scum imploded now its a must listen.

You've just summed the show up perfectly. I've been listening to Ferry on Go Radio and he says similar on a daily basis. He is an awful pundit who has very limited tactical knowledge and offers no insight into the modern game. He repeatedly says the players need to work harder, show more hunger, and get back to the basics.

They did also have Barry Ferguson on after we beat Celtic 2-0.

At the end of the day the main guy in this show, used to play for Celtic and is a massive fan. 2 others on the show are massive Celtic fans so of course their views towards them will be biased.

Just makes it funnier when they get beat haha.

Prepare to take flak but I actually really like Si Ferry. I think he is decent. I think he talks a lot of sense. Halliday is class on it too. Kyle is not great tbh. Slaney is hit or miss. I actually thought slaney was rather funny last week trying to deflect onto Scotland.
Wouldn’t disagree with any of that apart from Kyle being not bad, he’s woeful imo

They never done a Mcgeady interview because Celtic drew with Aberdeen.
The interview was obviously planned, and took place as the game was finishing.
Clearly you're the 1 with "no clue"
Do you think they were sitting with Mcgeady watching the game and decided to whip the cameras out at full time and do an interview, to avoid taking about Cetic drawing a game?
So again stop talking pish.
They've never done this was your quote then you say they have done it (albeit coincidence)

Make your mind up pal

Pish

No Slaney this week, Kevin Kyle his usual and reference to Snus Hiddink in the 1st 2 mins.

Halliday is really good, he’s pretty balanced.

Don’t mind Ferry, it’s funny as he’s clearly raging with Celtic...

I'm listening to it now. No sign of Paul Slane this week.
I actually like Slaney.. find him funny and is usually quite honest whether talking about us or them.

But if he's just going to start picking and choosing which shows he does based on how things are going with them then that's ridiculous.

Big fan of the show but some true colours are beginning to shine through recently, if it continues the way it has been (predominantly Celtic based) I'll probably fall away from it eventually.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they stopped doing the show at some point in the near future the way things are going with us and them. Masks slipping by the week.

Think its quite a decent listen. Normally have it on while working from home and its pretty funny.

I think they all fit pretty well. Slaney I also find quite funny, just comes across as daft as anything. With Kyle I switch off a bit but was in stitches at his Private Pyle shout. Also found the Q-tips Arfield story funny as well.

Can't believe I'm about to say this but Kyle spoke a bit of sense in regards to the mentally challengeds protesting etc.

Two observations about tonight's show:

1. The absolutely irony of Kyle slagging Slaney for using the wrong words
  2. Kyle's persistence of using that stupid hand gesture to describe something that doesn't require said hand gesture is doing my nut in
Haha I just said the same thing to the Mrs, that rolling hook hand thing he does is fûcking irritating, it's like that stupid invisible magic wand gesture politicians use when they are emphasising something,

Kyle was actually decent this week.

I like Slaney but not turning up because his team are rotten is embarrassing.

The only thing that bugs me about Kevin Kyle is using the word diag every week.

Halliday’s story about running beside the bus was a good one

Ferry insisting they should go for Di Canio.?
The same Ferry who kept saying they should play a 3-5-2. formation ?
Look how well that turned out.? :p
For the record the show is ok. Time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back