Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaney missing the point about the Super League which isn't a surprise. Saying about how the CL always favours the bigger clubs, which I understand, but you still have places and opportunities for other clubs to qualify and compete. It's not perfect but it's not a closed shop which is literally the point of the Super League.
I think it should go back to European Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup. Top 3 in every league

Still enjoy the pod but Slaney should be a sporadic guest rather than every show. He‘s a funny guy but for a boy who’s played the game at a decent level he is clueless about football. He stumbles through every show making obvious and basic tactical observations while Ferry gives him a pat on the back for knowing the offside rule.
Halliday isn’t going to be as staunch as he was without a club. Let’s not turn him into another Barry Ferguson because he’s not on there calling them f*nian bastards.
I think its just put on by Slaney surely to try add a bit of comedy to the show. He cant be that daft surely hahaha

I don’t think he’s funny at all.

I tolerated him when he was on occasionally but since someone decided he was a ‘character’ and foisted him upon us weekly I’ve given up on what was a decent football podcast.

He’s an unfunny halfwit who adds nothing of any value in terms of analysis or entertainment.
I have binned it as well,Ferry is decent and better on one on ones, Slaney and Kyle are awful.

Halliday has had a strange turn recently on Clyde1 with the Morelos pen wouldn’t back down even when shown he was wrong and he was brought down. Also on open goal is not been the way he started on it and imo he might be a little bitter at being shown the door and then we win the title! I hope it’s not the case and he is conforming to get a media gig in Scotland and that’s just as bad.
Dont turn on Halliday man hes a proper bluenose. Remember he has bren around Alfie and knows what he is like. He was only.giving his opinion and he is probably right. Us fans dont see the day to day.

Dont turn on Halliday man hes a proper bluenose. Remember he has bren around Alfie and knows what he is like. He was only.giving his opinion and he is probably right. Us fans dont see the day to day.

When presented with video evidence he still would admit he was wrong and called Alfie a diver. That isn’t turning on him that’s what happened. Also with open goal he has started to change and I never thought he would.

When presented with video evidence he still would admit he was wrong and called Alfie a diver. That isn’t turning on him that’s what happened. Also with open goal he has started to change and I never thought he would.
I have watched almost every pod with Halliday on it and never thought he was turning the other way. I havent listened to ssb that much though recently tbf. Ssb was far more biased so stopped

I never said he didn’t love Rangers but he has turned his tone re Morelos was a eye opener and yet said Ajeti was a pen lol.

Just my opinion he’s a lot different now.
That fair enough mate. I know the comments youre taking about, was baffled by them myself. Im sure i said at the time that he did say that Ajetis was a pen because of how easy pens are given now. He did say he didnt agree but its just how it is now. Morelos pen was a strange one though.

Thats the thing with football. We all see things different.

I have watched almost every pod with Halliday on it and never thought he was turning the other way. I havent listened to ssb that much though recently tbf. Ssb was far more biased so stopped

I wouldn’t say turning but seems far more at ease talking about them than us I’ve stopped watching open goal now when D.Ferguson said 3/4m for Tav :oops:

A don't expect Halliday to say Celtic are shite and we are the people but when he comes away with shite like he doesn't think the gaps as big as people make out then he opens himself open to ridicule imo, just look at the squad depths on both teams were stacked in every position goalkeeper to striker its not even close, look at even who we have out on loan Kennedy, Kelly, Jones, Edmundson, Middleton etc they have castaways and no youth prospect of note out on loan we are miles ahead of them in every aspect then you add in there best players Ajer and Edouard away in the summer they have a scary rebuild whilst we upgrade priority positions and renew valuable assets

That fair enough mate. I know the comments youre taking about, was baffled by them myself. Im sure i said at the time that he did say that Ajetis was a pen because of how easy pens are given now. He did say he didnt agree but its just how it is now. Morelos pen was a strange one though.

Thats the thing with football. We all see things different.

I love wee Halliday mate so it pains me to have this opinion of him just now maybe it’s the Morelos incident that’s made me look at him differently!?

A don't expect Halliday to say Celtic are shite and we are the people but when he comes away with shite like he doesn't think the gaps as big as people make out then he opens himself open to ridicule imo, just look at the squad depths on both teams were stacked in every position goalkeeper to striker its not even close, look at even who we have out on loan Kennedy, Kelly, Jones, Edmundson, Middleton etc they have castaways and no youth prospect of note out on loan we are miles ahead of them in every aspect then you add in there best players Ajer and Edouard away in the summer they have a scary rebuild whilst we upgrade priority positions and renew valuable assets

The only people I hear debating how big the gap is, is Celtic supporters, Celtic minded pundits and ex Celtic players in the media as they desperately try to convince themselves that there isn't a big gap. Sad to see Andy pandering to them.

Nobody knows what will happen next season but what we know right now is that the league table does not lie... the European form of each team this season doesn't lie, and the results in Old Firm matches does not lie. There's three examples which highlight exactly where the gap is right now.

Another ‘what Celtic did wrong” podcast

getting poorer by the week to be honest
That’s exactly it. It’s just a t arrier analysis show now. 2 mins spent on Rangers and that was Halliday talking about us pressing wide. Ferry especially is starting to show the mentally challenged in him. He used to spilt his time speaking about Rangers and Celtics tactics but all he talks about it the mentally challengeds tactics. Losing interest every week

Ferry’s comment that Davis was quiet is an incredible one. Literally bossed that game. While Ferry is creaming his pants over Turnball doing absolutely F all, Davis is actually running the show.

Fact he can’t see that means he’s even more clueless than I thought.

I don’t mind Ferry, he’s quite funny at times on interviews and that show. But he’s not got a clue when trying to be serious about game.

I thought Halliday said when it was replayed that it was a pen but at first he didn’t think it was? I do agree he panders to the mentally challengeds around him for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s because he still has a club. Look at Boyd, he was slated by every fan on here when he was a Kilmarnock and now he slaughters the poets every chance he gets. A happy medium will do when Halliday finishes his career

I have binned it as well,Ferry is decent and better on one on ones, Slaney and Kyle are awful.
I have got bored of it as well lately, especially since we won the title.
However even when I did listen to it regularly I never took it too seriously, you want in depth chat dissecting the set ups and tactics of Scottish football the open goal was never the place to be.
It is a group of ex players/current players having an easy going chat about football which we could all easily be having with our mates.
There is plenty I disagree with sometimes but as I say I never took it seriously

Ferry’s comment that Davis was quiet is an incredible one. Literally bossed that game. While Ferry is creaming his pants over Turnball doing absolutely F all, Davis is actually running the show.

Fact he can’t see that means he’s even more clueless than I thought.

I don’t mind Ferry, he’s quite funny at times on interviews and that show. But he’s not got a clue when trying to be serious about game.
Ferry has his green tinted specs on every podcast now. It’s always about Celtic and how the did, him and slaney do not mention Rangers unless it’s to ask Andy. Andy constantly talks about them as well.

Last edited:
He tries too hard to be old fashioned and come across as hating modern football 24/7
Yes I think thats why a lot of folk dont like him. He likes to think he was in with all the old players. I get his points and agree that I wish it was still old school but its as if he is trying to be best pals with all the players years ago haha.

I feel with Slaney it’s almost as if he ‘needs’ the show and that’s probably why they’ve kept him on it to try and do him a bit of a favour as I get the feeling he would spiral if he got binned.

that said he would be better suited to being on it every 3/4 weeks, I can only tolerate him in small doses

Still enjoy the pod but Slaney should be a sporadic guest rather than every show. He‘s a funny guy but for a boy who’s played the game at a decent level he is clueless about football. He stumbles through every show making obvious and basic tactical observations while Ferry gives him a pat on the back for knowing the offside rule.
Halliday isn’t going to be as staunch as he was without a club. Let’s not turn him into another Barry Ferguson because he’s not on there calling them f*nian bastards.
Some people will accept nothing less than that or he’ll be a jump the dyke, taking poet coin or whatever else. Then when he’s chased off they can cry that it’s all Rangers haters hating Rangers in the media.

I have got bored of it as well lately, especially since we won the title.
However even when I did listen to it regularly I never took it too seriously, you want in depth chat dissecting the set ups and tactics of Scottish football the open goal was never the place to be.
It is a group of ex players/current players having an easy going chat about football which we could all easily be having with our mates.
There is plenty I disagree with sometimes but as I say I never took it seriously
It was never to be taken seriously but it was quite funny, now imo trying a bit too hard to be as it is forced rather than natural, it certainly had potential but if they have a way of checking viewers they might want to check that and sharpen up a bit.

The Steve Bruce and David Moyes patter is woeful!! Ruins the flow of the show when they go on about “farts in a jar” and “Moyseys massive house” zzzzz
Completely agree with you. It was quite funny the first time they done it but it’s been done to death now.

I thought Halliday said when it was replayed that it was a pen but at first he didn’t think it was? I do agree he panders to the mentally challengeds around him for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s because he still has a club. Look at Boyd, he was slated by every fan on here when he was a Kilmarnock and now he slaughters the poets every chance he gets. A happy medium will do when Halliday finishes his career

The video is on this thread. He said it was a dive, saw the replay that showed obvious contact and still said 'it wasn't enough contact to go down.'. He had a shocker.

The video is on this thread. He said it was a dive, saw the replay that showed obvious contact and still said 'it wasn't enough contact to go down.'. He had a shocker.

It was a shocker, but I bet you in a few years time people are still mentioning the one thing he got wrong rather than every other time he's clearly backed us up.

The Steve Bruce and David Moyes patter is woeful!! Ruins the flow of the show when they go on about “farts in a jar” and “Moyseys massive house” zzzzz
Completely agree with you. It was quite funny the first time they done it but it’s been done to death now.
Totally agree, move onto something else now. Think it takes up about half a show that patter.

This pod to me shows that the pros that use you've never played the game to a high level so you don't know what you're talking about argument about fans is a load of nonsense. Cause the core 3 on it don't have a fecking clue.

Just heard the Welsh comment hahaha
I mean come on tae %^*&. Said it twice aswell the absolute twat. :))

This guys supposed to be a coach? Nothing about being in the right position to go attack the ball first etc. Nope he is taller so what is he meant to do??

I mean come on tae %^*&. Said it twice aswell the absolute twat. :))

This guys supposed to be a coach? Nothing about being in the right position to go attack the ball first etc. Nope he is taller so what is he meant to do??
Someone should have told shortarse Fabio Cannavarro to give up before he embarrassed himself...

It’s not Welsh’s fault Considine is taller than him.

There’s no way Celtic would be 20pts behind if Griffiths plays every week.

Simon Ferry is a fucking bellend. :))
Also Callum McGregor seems to be pushing this Griffiths to the Euros rubbish. Insane how they all think.

Slaney in his head probably think hes a beloved media darling like mccoist but in reality everycunt just pity's his soul he probs has fans from the celtic persuasion because he plays to it but his shticks a busted flush he should have been punted months ago but maybe because of the hydro show ferrys had to keep him on or either he finds him hilarious or there secretly shagging and slaney has the tape in his vault threatening to expose him any day now

Kev Kyle wants big nose Kennedy to play Griffiths for the last few games this season to get him fit for the euros

3 games away from the end of a season and Kev thinks that’s enough for him to get fit

Forget the 35 beforehand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back