Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Kyle was going to burst in to tears when Si Ferry said he disagreed with him!

Another good show. The introduction of Halliday was a great move by the Open Goal team.

“Fuckin’ shut up Steve ya pathetic ginger weirdo” was a particular favourite from Andy in reference to Steve McLaren’s infamous ‘Dove’ metaphor.

:))

I would rather listen to them guys talk about fitbaw than the pish that's on Sky, BT &BBC. All are pretty unbiased and call it as it is, decent laugh aswell

Kyle was a horrible listen there.

He’s a stuttering buffoon. His tactical awareness is akin to an ant.

They need to kick him into touch. It stops the conversation flowing.
Not at all. He adds to the banter is on the end of more than a good few jokes. He almost certainly knows more about the game than 99% of the people u or I will ever meet. He also knows a lot of ppl in the game that is crucial to the show

Not at all. He adds to the banter is on the end of more than a good few jokes. He almost certainly knows more about the game than 99% of the people u or I will ever meet. He also knows a lot of ppl in the game that is crucial to the show

:D

I never buy into this, just because they’re a pro, they’ll know more.

They were a professional football on talent or hard work, but knowledge or awareness of the game.

Kyle, every week, clearly struggles to articulate his points. Even if he was Jose, the fact he can’t string a coherent sentence together makes it near impossible to listen to.

Slows the show down, lacks banter and brings little to no tactical awareness - for that reason, I’m out.

They have their joker in Slaney. When Halliday isn’t there, it’s a tough watch.

:D

I never buy into this, just because they’re a pro, they’ll know more.

They were a professional football on talent or hard work, but knowledge or awareness of the game.

Kyle, every week, clearly struggles to articulate his points. Even if he was Jose, the fact he can’t string a coherent sentence together makes it near impossible to listen to.

Slows the show down, lacks banter and brings little to no tactical awareness - for that reason, I’m out.

They have their joker in Slaney. When Halliday isn’t there, it’s a tough watch.
I agree he struggles to articulate things, but I reckon he is good chemistry with the others. Just my opinion

Give big Kyle a break ffs. He's done what some of us could only dream about.
Yes his accent is weird but so fucking what. Not any worse than Ferry's Dundonian can a have a peh and a ingin anaw.

Kyle didn’t even know what day the game was on the big fud

Good shown that

I’ve spoken to a lot of Rangers supporters who thought the match was on the Sunday and some who at least assumed the match would be moved to Sunday.

It’s just an effect of what we’ve came to expect over the years.

Hardly something to hold against him.

Kevin Kyle has been there from the beginning and I'm not sure if he's always been like that since I've only really started watching it when Halliday joined (he'll make a great career as part of the media I think).

Surely Kyle has played his part from getting it from a podcast to somewhere like the Hydro pre-Halliday?

Can't imaging Ferry & Slaney carried it too much even in the earlier days? Be interesting to hear from someone who has watched / listened to it from the beginning to see if it's always been like that.

Barry is on it today

Yeeesssss!!!

I've been waiting on this since Saturday.

I'm specifically looking forward to our goals analysis as all they spoke about before the game was that tadger Duffy winning everything that came into Celtics box :))

Decided to listen to this go radio from last night for the first time and Si Ferry is tearing into the tims
I’ve listened to Go radio with Ferry and also Open Goal and he is fair when it comes to Rangers I get the impression there is a bit of denial about how good Celtic are just now. He’s got a lot of faith in Griffiths despite the fact he’s barely played in two years. His tone on Goradio last night changed a bit mind you.

I really enjoy this now, even big Kevin Kyle, probably just a lot better as we’re doing well, like everything else really!

I think the analysis of Scottish football is top notch there is no slagging us and all usually speak well of us but Slaney still needs to take his tinted specs off and see that no player in Celtics defence gets into our team. When picking his 1 to 11 mixed old firm he had a defence of Frimpong Duffy Ajer Barasic, which is a joke.

Think i drove past halliday today and i was buzzing for open goal to go live. Ferry comes across as someone pretty open minded on rangers. Happily stick the knife into them too. If fergy and andy are on it will be superb

I think the analysis of Scottish football is top notch there is no slagging us and all usually speak well of us but Slaney still needs to take his tinted specs off and see that no player in Celtics defence gets into our team. When picking his 1 to 11 mixed old firm he had a defence of Frimpong Duffy Ajer Barasic, which is a joke.
No after last weekend he won’t....

Tbf to Lambert, he was an extra time defeat away from having winners medals in both Euro competitions which not many Scots can say.

I always felt he was overrated though. For example, Barry Ferguson was in a different league from him.

Apologies for the very late post.
Lambert was a player I thought we should have taken a punt on when he was at Motherwell. Was also disapponted that we again did not try to sign him when it was apparent he was leaving Dortmund - can only assume Wattie did not have as high an opinion of him as I had.

Lambert's father brought his son up as a Bear. However by all accounts his dad hardly missed a Celtic home game whilst Brian played for the scum - not something I could ever do if I had a son, nevermind one good enough to play at that level, the thought of sitting amung that shower is unimaginable.

The standard of the show is up and down but at least they are honest on it. Si Ferry says last week he doesnt see what Kamara gives Rangers, he doesnt win the ball back enough for a DM. He will come on this week and say Kamara had a class game....

Thats what is different about the show, its honesty. Most in the media run with an agenda for months rather than publicly change opinion.

The lads on this show dont give a %^*&, they say it as they see it that week and its very refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back