Match Thread ** Partick v Rangers - 19:45 Tue 6th Feb - RangersTV.tv **

holliday.jpg

Just had to Google my own spelling mistake to see what the f*ck the pic is about :D:D:D

I wasn't there tonight but Firhill on a freezing cold February night has never been my idea of fun. Before the game I thought the Jags would be bursting a gut to get at us. That is exactly what happened and until we can get either Jack or McCrorie back fit into our midfield we are not going to dominate the way we would like to. Having said that, we will be a genuinely good side when we do have them available. I'll take a 2-0 win at Firhill any day and I'm pleased with the result. Well done Rangers.

I’m surprised by some of the comments on here tonight. Yeah, 1st half was hard work but I thought the second half display was excellent.

Wasn't great first half. Scored a lovely team goal though. Martin should have scored with the free header from the Goss free kick. They had a really good chance on half time which was unlucky to go in.

Second half we dominated with Tav scoring a great strike. They had one chance with a weak shot inside the 6 yard box, but thankfully it trundled through to Foderingham.

Good result. 3 points and a clean sheet.

I used to have a bagatelle board as a kid. Loved playing it.

You modern young things would be more familiar with a pinball machine as being similar to bagatelle.

I think Tom must mean the ball is bouncing around like a pinball ball. That sort of thing in olde world speak :D
Your right of course. Some people just being awkward when it comes to Tom's commentary.

3 points that's the main thing.

Thought Tav played well.....then candias perhaps after.

Couple of decent goals. Not such a decent celebration from 1.

Poor first half but a very comfortable second.

Declan John was having a poor game, worked out well for us if he had picked up an injury as we looked a lot more assured when Halliday came on at left back.

Just watched again Cummings's getting wiped clean out by Cerny.

How the phuck is that a foul on Cerny and not a penalty is absolutely baffling.

Well its no cause the officials in this country get worse by the day.

Not convinced tonight, a turgid display against a crap team, and totally uninspiring. Murty must go for me.

It’s not very often you see a post as piss poor as this. We weren’t that bad. The scum struggled there a couple of weeks ago. We were never really in danger.

Winning at Partick is never easy. Murty has definitely improved the squad but he will never get the best out of these players, and he’s leaving one way or another. We will scrape 2nd if we are lucky and avoid OF humiliations and that’s it. That ain’t good enough for Rangers manager.

We need to start going on 8/9/10 game winning streaks. Our squad is capable of that. Get a proper manager in and strengthen even more I believe we can give them a fright next season, assuming they don’t recapture their form of last season.

Saw the end of the first half and all of the second no question it was a penalty keeper was kidding the referee he was hurt which the referee was only too happy to buy and award a free kick against Jason. Stonewall penalty mate terrible decision tell you what when these all ‘even themselves out’ we’ll win the treble undefeated!

Murty very honest again, still given him the benefit off doubt,hope the team grows despite poor results like to the hivs

Saw the end of the first half and all of the second no question it was a penalty keeper was kidding the referee he was hurt which the referee was only too happy to buy and award a free kick against Jason. Stonewall penalty mate terrible decision tell you what when these all ‘even themselves out’ we’ll win the treble undefeated!

Unbelievable mate.

A stonewaller all day long and a red card.

2 good goals , Bates had a great game.

Just glad to get out the cold :D

Haven't been that cold at a game for a while! :eek:
Pretty much Candias was my MOTM, Bates had a solid game to, but overall the game was nothing to write home about apart from the goals.
Cummings as a lone striker will just not do, do we really need Murphy, Windass and Candias all to start? No is my answer

Just back from the game. First half was poor apart from the goal which was beautiful.
Second half much better & another cracking goal from Tav.

Highlight of the second half was mad Abdul letting fireworks off outside the ground at the grass slope behind the goals :D:D:D

Didn’t think it was a pen
Definitely not a foul to thistle
Play should have continued an Murphy has an open goal

Just about thawed out now, freezing tonight.

First half turgid apart from a great goal. Second half improved with some good work and a peach from Tav. He loved it too.

Windass is a strange boy. Great goal but by %^*& he gave the ball away or tripped over it all night. Shush my arse ya banger and someone needs a word in his ear for that.

To be honest with you, despite his 'distribution problem', I reckon Bates is more suited to dealing with what Thistle have to offer than Cardoso. Doesn't fit with the 'whipping boy' agenda regarding some of our players though. Bates isn't good enough long-term but he's the right man for tonight.

Bates certainly played well defensively, although the distribution issue was still there to be seen and in fairness to Windass, he scored one and was involved in the build up for the second, although he remains a bloody frustrating player to watch. All in all, I`m happy with the three points.

a good 3 points very cold last night but I will take this all day long would still like to try Cummings ( who had a decent game ) and Morelos up front.

Back