Pathetic Quality From Castore

In that case that's poor from rangers end, I would be more inclined to buy many rangers products if the prices where closer to the Newcastle or wolves prices .
I would also buy more products, as would many more supporters!
Even at the high end prices, they struggle with demand & quality - it would be far worse (if that's possible), if the prices were more affordable to everyone!
Many supporters (myself included) simply can't afford too much of the Castore stuff.

Bought the home top as you do. Got the white blue training top but cannot bring myself to buy anymore, same shit different colours no imagination. Its gutting 150th anniversary, actually want to spend my money but can't give anymore to this lot

I’d love Canterbury on board with Rangers. The Lions range is top quality. Question is are they big enough to handle demand or is it only a select few, Adidas/Nike, that could cope?
Canterbury were involved in football around about 2008/9 and had teams like Portsmouth and Motherwell but their uk arm hit financial problems and had to end their deals early.

Why is there literally nothing to buy in regards to it being the 150th anniversary? No mugs, clothing, scarfs, any merchandise at all.

We've got the 3 strips, all which divide opinion (nicest way I could put it). And the biggest contribution they can make towards our 150th year is putting gold on our strip.

I would have thought with how big the season is, all this would have been available at the beginning of the season when enthusiasm is at its highest.

Why is there literally nothing to buy in regards to it being the 150th anniversary? No mugs, clothing, scarfs, any merchandise at all.

We've got the 3 strips, all which divide opinion (nicest way I could put it). And the biggest contribution they can make towards our 150th year is putting gold on our strip.

I would have thought with how big the season is, all this would have been available at the beginning of the season when enthusiasm is at its highest.

I suspect they will release stuff as the year progresses and then get criticism for releasing too much

There are mugs, scarfs, journal and pen sets, some bottle stopper thing in store and that’s about it. The mugs won’t last 2 minutes, the quality of them are abysmal.

I posted a few pages ago about it being a shambles nothing is online. Christmas run up will be here soon, they’ll need to get it online for then.

Reading are also celebrating their 150th anniversary have a range in their online store dedicated to the landmark.

Jesus.

You don’t know whether to laugh or be angry when you see stuff like that.

Either way it’s embarrassing.
People are obviously missing the point.

It's Castore's tribute to the NHS. It's the football shirt equivalent of a nurse's watch.

When you're wearing the shirt you can look down and see the sponsor the right way up. B-D

just sent the below email to then after chasing earlier in week

Good evening,

I am emailing you as a follow up to my wifes email the other day regarding order number RFC.
Whilst I absolutely understand there may be some delays to kits being issued due the demand and popularity what I cannot get my head round is the fact that firstly; two and a half weeks after order you still cannot even give an estimate as to when I will be receiving my kits and secondly; that you even allowed people to place orders and willingly took their money knowing that these were not going to be fulfilled any time soon.
As my wife stated in her email, 2 of the 3 kits ordered were for my sons birthday this coming Friday, given that we are now on Tuesday night I guess we won’t be receiving them in time. Will you be putting forward one of your customer service reps to explain to a 7yr old that he won’t have his Rangers tops for his Rangers themed party? No, you quite frankly won’t care as the money has already been paid to you.
Despite all the well publicised issues regarding your service of the Rangers contract the fans, including myself, continue to buy a ridiculous amount of merchandise to be served up with substandard products and even worse service.

If you can provide me with some kind of timeline as to when I can expect these, rather than a “please be patient” email like the one my wife got is greatly appreciate that.

Thanks,
Craig
Let me know how you get on mate. I sent an email off to them yesterday chasing up my order too.

Ordered a 2-3 5 weeks or so ago that came within 10’days. Sizing of it is much smaller than last years 2-3 so I ordered a 3-4 on 2nd August so I could compare and return whichever didn’t suit.

Nothing at all from them since. Wee mans birthday has come gone and he’s not been able to wear the kit.

Pretty poor all round.

There are mugs, scarfs, journal and pen sets, some bottle stopper thing in store and that’s about it. The mugs won’t last 2 minutes, the quality of them are abysmal.

I posted a few pages ago about it being a shambles nothing is online. Christmas run up will be here soon, they’ll need to get it online for then.

Is there a reason why the options are so limited online? As great as it is to see the stores opening up, not everyone lives within a short drive to one of the stores.

International supporters are a pretty much forgotten about.

Just a genuinely confusing method of trading.

Is the lack of 150yr merch not on the club, rather than Castore?
Surely they only make what we ask them (albeit to varying degrees of quality).

Missing out big time

as a kid I had so much stuff from the shop. Bedding curtains etc

can’t even get a fucking packed lunch box for my boy to take to school now

Why is it just Newcastle and Wolves on the front page of their website? Are we not important or big enough for them?

We put the Beahon's on the footballing map and now with all the other issues we have experienced in relation to being ripped off price wise, to very poor quality, to dismal costumer service's, we now find out we are not even regarded as a premier attraction, in relation to their advertising.

Get shot of these chancers Rangers.........

Missing out big time

as a kid I had so much stuff from the shop. Bedding curtains etc

can’t even get a fucking packed lunch box for my boy to take to school now
Same here. It doesnt take a genius to come up with a massive list of products that would fly off the shelf.

The problem with Castore as it stands is everyone keeps buying their products and the cycle continues. I can understand why as we were starved as a support for years in being able to do so however personally this season, I have only bought the home kit for my collection and not bought one training item. Last season I went mental and bought shitloads. Some fell to bits, in particularly the grey and orange training gear. I punted most of it (brand new with tags) on eBay a few months ago and people still buying them.

They know we’ll hoover up anything. Any new range is bought and they just likely laugh their head off when they see the money flying into their accounts. The people in charge at the club likely don’t think it’s an issue either as sales are through the roof however the players and staff who deal with kits have plenty complaints.

We are bankrolling Castore and not getting the quality and customer service we deserve.

I can't justify buying any more merchandise from them. Of the four training tops I bought only the one long sleeve one is still okay and that's because I haven't worn it yet.
The other three have all had bits fall off of them and I only wear them at home now.

Went into Ibrox store to get a scarf. 1/2 arsenal ones, 55 scarf and thats it. Dont even know why i expected them to have a selection. Just a bar scarf i was after.

Last edited:
I'd have Umbro as my preference. They really should have been making the 150th anniversary kits.
Check out West Ham’s site for their Umbro kits, they are cracking and making me jealous we have Castore. Was on ordering West Ham stuff for a family member. That navy 3rd kit they have is simple but beautiful. If only.

In fairness it’s not 150 years until March next year

Check out West Ham’s site for their Umbro kits, they are cracking and making me jealous we have Castore. Was on ordering West Ham stuff for a family member. That navy 3rd kit they have is simple but beautiful. If only.

Umbro's Instagram feed is full of smashing kits. The just did a range of retro ones for various Brazilian teams that are beauties.

Umbro's Instagram feed is full of smashing kits. The just did a range of retro ones for various Brazilian teams that are beauties.
Really cracking stuff they are making this season. They have a good history in making our kits and would think they would have gave us some great anniversary stuff this season.

Anyway, something to maybe think about going forward as Castore have been seriously lacking in the time we have been with them.

The problem with Castore as it stands is everyone keeps buying their products and the cycle continues. I can understand why as we were starved as a support for years in being able to do so however personally this season, I have only bought the home kit for my collection and not bought one training item. Last season I went mental and bought shitloads. Some fell to bits, in particularly the grey and orange training gear. I punted most of it (brand new with tags) on eBay a few months ago and people still buying them.

They know we’ll hoover up anything. Any new range is bought and they just likely laugh their head off when they see the money flying into their accounts. The people in charge at the club likely don’t think it’s an issue either as sales are through the roof however the players and staff who deal with kits have plenty complaints.

We are bankrolling Castore and not getting the quality and customer service we deserve.
It reflects poorly on the board if they’re turning a blind eye to the management and players’ complaints. There’s also only so long people will put up with buying cheap merchandise.

Too many smoke and mirrors there.

As I’ve said before, it was his brainchild, he’s never throwing them under the bus.
As has been said, when he presents a spreadsheet showing the record sales of shirts and the revenues being generated, it won't matter a fck to the board how unhappy anyone is at customer or even player level.

They'll take that on the chin until there's an actual impact they need to worry about - which won't happen unless people en masse refuse to buy and that seems unlikely, regardless of the quality and service.

Is there actually a link between the 2 or is it just the fact SD are sadly the only nationwide sports shop so castore need them to stock their stuff to sell?

Why would JD Sports sell Wolves range of Castore products and not Newcastle's?

I don't buy football kits anymore but in any other circumstances than football there's not a chance I'd be ploughing so much money into the products released by 1. A new company and 2. A company that has deliberately marketed itself as high-end and bespoke and with no experience in being to meet the demands of mass production.

I get that fans want to buy up anything Rangers-related but it's one of these situations that, when you remove the "footballing" aspect, just looks absolutely mental.

Really cracking stuff they are making this season. They have a good history in making our kits and would think they would have gave us some great anniversary stuff this season.

Anyway, something to maybe think about going forward as Castore have been seriously lacking in the time we have been with them.

Umbro would be my choice. I hated the kits they did for us between 2006 and 2009, but from the 2009-10 season onwards (the checkerboard one), the Umbro kits were first class. The 2010-11 kits were some of the best we've had. They do tons of kits in South America that are crackers that we'd probably never see here

Umbro would be my choice. I hated the kits they did for us between 2006 and 2009, but from the 2009-10 season onwards (the checkerboard one), the Umbro kits were first class. The 2010-11 kits were some of the best we've had. They do tons of kits in South America that are crackers that we'd probably never see here
Totally agree. Would be great to get adidas or nike but im not sure we would get a lot of attention by them for our kits. Umbro are big enough but not to the point where we would get hit with a generic strip.

Oft have to disagree on the Umbro kits from 06-09 haha. I loved the home and away from the PLG season (well half a season) - away being the red and white. Have them in the wardrobe.

Why would JD Sports sell Wolves range of Castore products and not Newcastle's?

JD don't have Rangers kits either it seems, I would have imagined due to an exclusivity deal with Castore doing the retail side. Strange though that Sports Direct are able to sell and announce our products before we do through official channels.

While I don't think there is a direct link between Castore and Sports Direct, they seem to have close business dealings which looks a hell of a lot like an arms length partnership.

Totally agree. Would be great to get adidas or nike but im not sure we would get a lot of attention by them for our kits. Umbro are big enough but not to the point where we would get hit with a generic strip.

Oft have to disagree on the Umbro kits from 06-09 haha. I loved the home and away from the PLG season (well half a season) - away being the red and white. Have them in the wardrobe.
Adidas or Nike doing a fraction of the work would get the club more attention than these shysters

JD don't have Rangers kits either it seems, I would have imagined due to an exclusivity deal with Castore doing the retail side. Strange though that Sports Direct are able to sell and announce our products before we do through official channels.

While I don't think there is a direct link between Castore and Sports Direct, they seem to have close business dealings which looks a hell of a lot like an arms length partnership.
Sports Direct have a couple things online that aren't available to buy on our site, not sure about instore. Bit of a joke that.

I've just had an email from the Newcastle store about their accessories that are for sale now. A lot of tat but at least they have some unlike us

Well, after waiting a month for a refund (sons home top had pull in it) and a further 16 days for his replacement top to be sent out and not to mention the total cost in postage, £14.20. I've finally had an email today, to say, Hermes will be delivering it between 4&6pm today.

Let's hope this is a good one.

I've just had an email from the Newcastle store about their accessories that are for sale now. A lot of tat but at least they have some unlike us

Did you request emails from Newcastle?

Back