Pathetic Quality From Castore

Copy any correspondence in with commercial@Rangers.co.uk

They need to be aware of every issue

Thanks will be writing to them again with that on cc asking where promised refund on girls top (them cancelling not me) is and where the original other 3 tops or any form of reply are. Shocking customer service dare I say even SD would actually respond

I have this and it's actually decent.

Got mine today and although I had thought the logos were embroidered, I’m happy enough with it. Will need to be careful washing it and the label says ti wash inside out and not to tumble dry etc.

What is the current policy?

Current policy is now that they must be sent back to the address recieved from.

When I emailed them in July they said could be taken back instore. Of course at this point I didnt expect to be waiting 2 weeks for 2 bloody items let alone then needing to spend to send one back.

It's the principle of it all. I've emphasised on a each email that if this wasnt for rangers I'd not be shopping with them at all.

To be fair they felt the brunt of it mainly down to the livi result also.

Club shop is becoming a bit of a joke as well, loads of sizes out of stock and haven’t been replenished

He's a moderator, it's his duty to inform. You're never fucking happy about anything that criticises the club.
Who gives a shit what the poets think?
I care about the image of the club and its supporters. Which is subject to daily annihilation and is tiring. Ohhh a moderator, there to inform us. Come on! Sherbrook is a respected poster however his duty is no different to any other supporter. Ah well. Carry on uploading pics of damaged gear.

This is why I’m heavily against posting stuff like this all over forums and social media.

It gives off the perception that every item is damaged or wrong but when it comes down to it it’s a small majority.

Flip side of that argument is, it's quite possibly stopped 2 different people feeling left let down.

Because they made the best commercial offer obviously.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that that is a false economy. They are the highest bidder for a reason, they have to be.

Nike, Adidas etc. make you more money because they make better quality stuff and they aren’t run by ameteurs who can’t keep the merchandise in stock for 2 minutes.

India? Didn't they make a big song and dance of making stuff in UK and Portugal? Tbh, the prices are utterly ridiculous, and quite frankly, the designs, outwith the strip's and some training gear, are bland as %^*&
They did mention Portugal but alluded to another country due to the volume.

eventually got my two pre ordered tops on Saturday but need to return one as my daughters supposed female size 12-14 is more like age 12-14. As far as I can gather I cannot exchange in shop (no stock anyway) and need to post back?

was also going to buy the hoody but would rather see in store and try on due to the issues encountered

They have tried to rush out too much and let the quality suffer. They should have been honest at the start as we knew the circumstances and may have been patient.

They need to sort out the quality issues and customer service or it will damage their relationship with the fans and ruin their brand. I hope they have started planning for next season already so they don't have the same problem.

I wouldn't buy anything online again.

The quality control seems terrible, they don't respond to e-mails and they charge you to return items.

Get your hands on it in the shop and make sure it's good before buying. Appreciate that's no use to those who don't live nearby - which is a shame. Hopefully they improve.

I wondered whether I should post as I don't want the deal to get negative publicity – but I felt I have a duty to raise this issue.

Our fans are spending hundreds and thousands on merchandise – and are continually being let down by Castore.
If they charge a premium price they must deliver a premium product. You are correct to highlight this.

This is what is really annoying me also.
This is why I’m heavily against posting stuff like this all over forums and social media.

It gives off the perception that every item is damaged or wrong but when it comes down to it it’s a small majority.

I’ve bought nothing yet until I can get the home top as well as one for my 2 year old son who is taking notice of football and recognised the badge. Was buzzing with his MyGers box and would be buzzing for the home top.

Can’t get either top as of yet and I’ve heard nothing but bad news on every other thing I’ve seen people purchase.

They really shouldn’t be putting a premium on items that are just being your run of the mill shite from China. Perception is that they’re a premium brand

I would be buying the coaches training 1/4 zip top and joggers but at £65 for the top and £55 for the joggers, if the quality is anything like in the OP I think I’ll just hang fire on parting with £120 for something I’ll wear at fives.

I wondered whether I should post as I don't want the deal to get negative publicity – but I felt I have a duty to raise this issue.

Our fans are spending hundreds and thousands on merchandise – and are continually being let down by Castore.
Of the hundreds of thousands being spent, what % of folk are happy with their stuff? I'd let other supporters make up their mind upon receiving their goods. All this does is damage sales as people go off others peoples experiences.

People moaning because they are worried about Celtic fans laughing are equally as tragic as them for taking an interest in us.

The OP isn’t having a go at Rangers, it’s Castore and rightly so.

I haven’t had a problem with the items I’ve bought but plenty have. It should be highlighted.

Its not only the quality it’s the fact some people have been waiting for orders for up to 7 weeks that’s also a shambles. Should all those kind of threads and posts also be chopped?

I care about the image of the club and its supporters. Which is subject to daily annihilation and is tiring. Ohhh a moderator, there to inform us. Come on! Sherbrook is a respected poster however his duty is no different to any other supporter. Ah well. Carry on uploading pics of damaged gear.
No use trying to hide anything in this day and age of social media.
Perhaps if the club stood up for itself more often then the negative factor would disappear.
This new contract was heralded with many promises and supporters have done their bit, as usual.
The least we can expect is for Castore to live up to their promises.

I personally don’t notice a difference in quality between the Castore stuff and what Hummel were producing. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the kits for this season and some of the training stuff looks very smart, but there was a lot of noise about how ‘premium’ Castore are and at the moment I’m not really seeing what they’re doing that’s supposedly so much better than other brands.

With 'perfect' timing, I've just received my daily Castore email.
It even has a picture of Steven Gerrard today.

Sounds great.
Wish the reality matched up to this:

THE BEST DEMAND THE BEST
Castore products are created to enhance the performance of world class athletes. Crafted from patented technical fabrics unlike anything else in the world and developed utilising cutting edge engineering techniques, each and every Castore garment is guaranteed to outperform. Tested for 100 consecutive days by elite athletes in a range of conditions, when you wear Castore you know you are wearing the very best.

Better Never Stops

even the “better never stops” tag line isn’t original, it’s all over all the london olympics Adidas range I have

Of the hundreds of thousands being spent, what % of folk are happy with their stuff? I'd let other supporters make up their mind upon receiving their goods. All this does is damage sales as people go off others peoples experiences.

Kind of how life works in general.....

Probably how you would work if it were any other product or service not connected to Rangers......

They should’ve concentrated on getting the quality of the strips spot on first & foremost, and fulfilling all orders/pre-orders quickly.

All the other leisure gear could’ve waited & been released when they were happy with it.

My own experience is that my away top is excellent & arrived within three days. Mini kit took two weeks & is good, except that the socks would fit my teenage daughter, no chance on a two year old. My 4 year old’s Junior Small took a fortnight to arrive as well, but the sizing is ludicrous length-wise. He’ll need to look like Jordan Rossiter for the next couple of years as he cannot possibly wear it untucked.

People moaning because they are worried about Celtic fans laughing are equally as tragic as them for taking an interest in us.

The OP isn’t having a go at Rangers, it’s Castore and rightly so.
It's not really about that for me. The Rangers brand is made to be seen as toxic and a laughing stock each and every day. Whether its media pundits, columnists, editorial "mistakes", losing off the pitch battles and generally being attacked from all angles and all departments on a daily basis. It all adds up and doesnt look to be stopping any time soon.

Copy any correspondence in with commercial@Rangers.co.uk

They need to be aware of every issue

@adamski , I've sent a further email to Castore and copied the club in.
Hopefully, in my own small way, it helps draw attention to how poor things are at the moment.

Hi,

Just copying the club into this one.

I’m one of the admin on Follow Follow, the biggest Rangers fans’ forum, and a huge number of our members have had a really disappointing experience with Castore so far.

I’m personally returning £160 worth of items and will no longer be purchasing the Rangers version of the Garcia hoodie, so that’s £320 that won’t be getting spent on RFC merchandise by myself, unfortunately.

I’ve highlighted my experience on Follow Follow, and a large number of our members are also choosing not to spend their money on your product now due to the sub-standard quality experienced by myself and many others.

In the meantime, it would be appreciated if I could get a speedy response to my email.
I’d like to be able to return the faulty/poor quality items for a refund ASAP.

Thanks,

Kind of how life works in general.....

Probably how you would work if it were any other product or service not connected to Rangers......
Absolutely. Except we all know that our relationship with companies will never be comparable to our relationship with Rangers. So for me theres no comparison. If I recieved dodgy goods, I would be equally as raging via email etc with their customer services. I just wouldnt post about it online. What good comes from that?

Just got my navy hoody there and no issues with it at all. Doesnt look as good in person as it did online but happy enough with it.

You've made your point, mate.
Respectfully, I disagree.
No problem. I'm not really looking for a straight up arguement, more a debate. Hopefully in time.it will get better, however I fear that customers who have never even ordered will.be sceptical even if they do get their act together. We both want the same outcome for the club... that is the ability to put money in the clubs pocket in return for quality items.

@adamski , I've sent a further email to Castore and copied the club in.
Hopefully, in my own small way, it helps draw attention to how poor things are at the moment.

Hi,

Just copying the club into this one.

I’m one of the admin on Follow Follow, the biggest Rangers fans’ forum, and a huge number of our members have had a really disappointing experience with Castore so far.

I’m personally returning £160 worth of items and will no longer be purchasing the Rangers version of the Garcia hoodie, so that’s £320 that won’t be getting spent on RFC merchandise by myself, unfortunately.

I’ve highlighted my experience on Follow Follow, and a large number of our members are also choosing not to spend their money on your product now due to the sub-standard quality experienced by myself and many others.

In the meantime, it would be appreciated if I could get a speedy response to my email.
I’d like to be able to return the faulty/poor quality items for a refund ASAP.

Thanks,
Good email.

I'll follow one up as well.

For me the biggest irk is the disparity between Castore and Rangers Castore. The difference is night and day and just makes me feel like the club are getting taken advantage of and thus we're all getting ripped off.

My biggest fear is that the club know and agreed to this for margin money making reasons.

I know the castore stuff is quality. I'd just like the same stuff with a Rangers badge on it. Is that too much to ask?

Something has to give.

For a brand that's constantly banging the quality and premium drum there is a new piece of clothing item out or upcoming every other day.

Which should be great of course but only if all the other stuff was reigned in a bit and a bit more quality control is exercised. Feels like trying to run before they can crawl to me.

Advertising a whole new range of stuff while having severe problems with others.

That anthem jacket is an absolute rip off as well far overpriced than in line with other clubs

No problem. I'm not really looking for a straight up arguement, more a debate. Hopefully in time.it will get better, however I fear that customers who have never even ordered will.be sceptical even if they do get their act together. We both want the same outcome for the club... that is the ability to put money in the clubs pocket in return for quality items.

We both want the same thing.

I believe my actions – and, of course, the actions of everyone else highlighting disappointing experiences – will help get us there quicker.

The club have to be aware of the fans' complaints about the various issues so far.
Hopefully they're taking steps to address this.

It's very much in the club's interests for Castore to deliver upon their promises.

My issue is completely with Castore and I believe my intentions in highlighting things are in the club's best interests.

Interestingly, I've just been refunded £5.

Presumably, this is to cover my costs in returning the items.

I'd be guessing, though, because there is no explanation so far.

Here’s the ltd edition cap- the stitching is very poor and needed a bit of trimming and there’s a weird “join” inside on the forehead section which is very uncomfortable

Given the 'newness' of the brand, the sheer volume of orders and the current pandemic situation, I think a certain amount of teething troubles were inevitable. Have they rushed out too much merchandise in too short a timescale? Probably. Would they have been criticised if they didn't have a wide range of stock? Certainly. I'm not saying anyone should accept substandard goods and of course anything not up to scratch should be returned and refunded, but I think we also need to cut them a bit of slack. The whole merchandising deal and mass production of stock was all done at very short notice and in the middle of a pandemic. They've perhaps used manufacturers they otherwise wouldn't simply to meet demand and so perhaps the quality has suffered. Not acceptable, but hopefully lessons learned.

On FF there is never a shortage of posters suggesting that such or such player is not good enough for Rangers. Following disappointment with both quality and their level of service, just not convinced that Castore is good enough for Rangers.

Back