Pathetic Quality From Castore

I've got to the stage where I just want my money back for items returned.

Not interested in buying anything else as all the good will Castore had is gone, they'd have to really go some to restore that and seeing as we can barely get a reply to an email I doubt that will happen.

I returned my away top on 14th August, never heard a thing so I emailed last night to see when I’d get the refund and I got an email today saying refund has been made.

just go through PayPal mate, my initial resolution not answered by Castore, PayPal tried resolution and got no answer either. So I got a full refund within a week.
I had similar issues with the fist Hummel strip, I paid via PayPal. Foolishly I paid directly with castore and didn’t use PayPal. I’ll never make that mistakes again

Just came back from working away to my new home shirt. My apprehension at opening the packet (thankfully in one piece) after reading this thread, was unfortunately proven to be justified. The shoulders are sticking out all over the shop and it has a very cheap feel to it. As I pulled it back over my head you could hear the stitching tear. Poor show.

So after getting finally getting a refund (Although not in my bank yet) for my pre order not arriving I vowed not to give them any money until this is all sorted. I had a slight change of heart as I really wanted to get my son a top to keep him interested as he’s just started football training and at 6 year old he has had very little Rangers gear in his life due to Ashley etc. I thought I’d chance the shop just before closing time as I was passing anyway and I hoped the fact It was pissing down would lessen the chances of a queue. I was right and I walked right in. My impressions of the shop was that it was okay, it’s just a shop. I’ve got zero complaints about it but in the castore fan interviews they made it out that it was going to be something extraordinarily. They didn’t need to look around all the top European club shops to come up with what they have. It’s just what you expect of a shop nothing more nothing less. Most of the stuff I looked at all had iron on like badges and I can see how they’d come off like I’ve read on here and seen on facebook. The stuff looked a bit cheepish. The school jumpers are still for sale but they still have the nicer looking picture on the web! If anyone from Rangers/castore is looking in ffs put a photo of the school jumper on the web store it’s bad enough you are selling them but at least give the people ordering them online a heads up that it’s that version they’ll get send and not the nice looking one on the site. I’m not convinced the travel trackie bottoms are the same as the ones in the picture either they seem to differ at the bottom. If anyone is getting a Garcia hoodie check them first. The one at the front of the rails tonight had a wing starting to peel off (the left hand side as you look at it). The visit to the shop confirmed I wasn’t going to get anything for myself going forward with castore unless things vastly improve. My son picked the yellow goal keeper top so I got him that and the wife bought him a blue training top with orange sides. Both items were junior medium but the blue training top is quite tight getting over his head but fits fine when you eventually get it on. I’m not saying I won’t get the odd kit etc for my son going forward if he’s keen for them but I’m done chancing anything for me until they get their act together.

So for the first time ever I followed the washing instructions on my shirt when washing it for the first time.

Majority of the text inside on the back has come off.

Without wading through all 96 pages, what's the best course of asmction please?

Went into the shop today as was going to Argyle House for lunch. All tops were available, home top in everything up to 3XL. The Castore stuff looks OK, agree with the previous poster that all badges simply look ironed on. All a bit rich for my blood although I do have a 20% voucher I may use to buy the third kit.

Being the eternal optimist I still dont want to through the baby out with the multi million pound bathwater. I think these guys will sort their shit out, I also think it's important we are vocal in our disappointment and we demand better going forward.

Reactions: BWO
To not respond to Club 1872 sums it up. They can get to fuck as far as I’m concerned.

I hope Bisgrove was smart enough to insert a clause that allows us to rip up the deal if certain targets weren't met or there were persistent difficulties.

Our support deserve better. Go out and get Nike back for us. Sell us to a brand like that and show them how many kits we can sell. (Even though I believe they would come to us first) I’d settle for template kits and generic training wear if it means zero embarrassment like the one we are having now. The more I think about the school jumpers story the more angrier I get.

To try and rip us off like that is unforgivable.

OK so a further update, used the email address that is on the website which is something like concierge@rangersfc.co.blahblahblah and they responded immediately asking for me to provide pictures and apologising.

I also reached out to the SLO on twitter and he also responded (which i thought was excellent with the amount he must have on at the moment)

So i'll keep you all updated. I believe it was a ladies large i have received but the top i got doesn't look to me like its fitted the same as the ladies tops so i'm not 100% sure.

I will say that the 3rd kits ordered for the kids look and feel of good quality (like every other football replica kit I've purchased) and i hope that most others have had the same experience with those.

I'll ypdate the thread if i hear anything further from the club.

Cheers

Still no apologies from castore for the blatant lies?

Or better yet, anything from the club in regards to Club 1872? It's only a majority shareholder.

It is amazing how easily they have f*cked this up. From the high of a new deal, a load of money, free of SD, promised top quality and record sales.

To the low of pathetic quality and even worse customer service.

Bears treated as an after-thought, yet again. I don't think there is another club in the world, in any sport, that treats their fans like this.

Reprehensible.

So after getting finally getting a refund (Although not in my bank yet) for my pre order not arriving I vowed not to give them any money until this is all sorted. I had a slight change of heart as I really wanted to get my son a top to keep him interested as he’s just started football training and at 6 year old he has had very little Rangers gear in his life due to Ashley etc. I thought I’d chance the shop just before closing time as I was passing anyway and I hoped the fact It was pissing down would lessen the chances of a queue. I was right and I walked right in. My impressions of the shop was that it was okay, it’s just a shop. I’ve got zero complaints about it but in the castore fan interviews they made it out that it was going to be something extraordinarily. They didn’t need to look around all the top European club shops to come up with what they have. It’s just what you expect of a shop nothing more nothing less. Most of the stuff I looked at all had iron on like badges and I can see how they’d come off like I’ve read on here and seen on facebook. The stuff looked a bit cheepish. The school jumpers are still for sale but they still have the nicer looking picture on the web! If anyone from Rangers/castore is looking in ffs put a photo of the school jumper on the web store it’s bad enough you are selling them but at least give the people ordering them online a heads up that it’s that version they’ll get send and not the nice looking one on the site. I’m not convinced the travel trackie bottoms are the same as the ones in the picture either they seem to differ at the bottom. If anyone is getting a Garcia hoodie check them first. The one at the front of the rails tonight had a wing starting to peel off (the left hand side as you look at it). The visit to the shop confirmed I wasn’t going to get anything for myself going forward with castore unless things vastly improve. My son picked the yellow goal keeper top so I got him that and the wife bought him a blue training top with orange sides. Both items were junior medium but the blue training top is quite tight getting over his head but fits fine when you eventually get it on. I’m not saying I won’t get the odd kit etc for my son going forward if he’s keen for them but I’m done chancing anything for me until they get their act together.

I had forget they had come out with statement about looking at other major clubs stores to try to replicate them. That was another load of nonsense. It’s basically an empty store with clothing racks all over the place. “Industrialist minimalism” as I seen it described is being extremely generous haha. Anyway, that would be the least of our concerns if they could get the product right.

It’s easy to say in hindsight and I’m not trying to sound like a “told you so” prick, at the end of the day I had no idea how this would unravel either, however, I’ve been concerned about this since Beahons interview on the the day it was announced. All was all soundbites, slating other companies, telling us how fantastic we were, over promising what seemed impossible for a company of their size to deliver. Even the manner of the zoom type interview and poor statement just felt really unprofessional to me and left a really bad first impression. The statement was so poorly worded and appeared like something somebody had come up with on their notes on their iPhone, which has, well.....we know how that one has turned out.

To not respond to Club 1872 sums it up. They can get to fuck as far as I’m concerned.

I hope Bisgrove was smart enough to insert a clause that allows us to rip up the deal if certain targets weren't met or there were persistent difficulties.

Our support deserve better. Go out and get Nike back for us. Sell us to a brand like that and show them how many kits we can sell. (Even though I believe they would come to us first) I’d settle for template kits and generic training wear if it means zero embarrassment like the one we are having now. The more I think about the school jumpers story the more angrier I get.

Nike, Under Armour, Adidas. God no, that will anger the bespoke loyal.

Instead we get a season old knock off Nike top that's utter tat sold by two fucking chancers.

The silence from the club is unforgivable. Castore have taken us for a ride.

my update.
Ordered the navy t shirt the 14th August, they changed it on the 21st of August to a dearer t shirt I didn’t want. No t shirt received and despite numerous emails, no refund either. Home shirt I have has tags but outside 14 day term its the Turkish shite quality, product is damaged but if castore won’t take it back at the shop, what do you do? They are refusing to refund a faulty item surely that’s against consumer rights?

Last edited:
I had forget they had come out with statement about looking at other major clubs stores to try to replicate them. That was another load of nonsense. It’s basically an empty store with clothing racks all over the place. “Industrialist minimalism” as I seen it described is being extremely generous haha. Anyway, that would be the least of our concerns if they could get the product right.

It’s easy to say in hindsight and I’m not trying to sound like a “told you so” prick, at the end of the day I had no idea how this would unravel either, however, I’ve been concerned about this since Beahons interview on the the day it was announced. All was all soundbites, slating other companies, telling us how fantastic we were, over promising what seemed impossible for a company of their size to deliver. Even the manner of the zoom type interview and poor statement just felt really unprofessional to me and left a really bad first impression. The statement was so poorly worded and appeared like something somebody had come up with on their notes on their iPhone, which has, well.....we know how that one has turned out.

The signs have been there quite literally from the start. Their initial statement announcing the deal was pathetic and I was hammered (even blocked and called a tim *clutches pearls*) by several posters for being critical.

What was the quote again? "We are tired of American companies who refer to the game as 'soccer'"? It's called "Nike Football" you dolt.

He also said they'd "probably do" a La Liga team, Serie A team and two EPL clubs within the next 12 to 24 months. I would be surprised if they've even discussed that. At least I hope they haven't for their own sake.

The silence from the club is unforgivable. Castore have taken us for a ride.

my update.
Ordered the navy t shirt the 14th August, they changed it on the 21st of August to a dearer t shirt I didn’t want. No t shirt received and despite numerous emails, no refund either. Home shirt I have has tags but outside 14 day term its the Turkish shite quality, product is damaged but if castore won’t take it back at the shop, what do you do? They are refusing to refund a faulty item surely that’s against consumer rights?

Send it back, although why did you wait to try and return it? If tags are still on it then you must have clocked the issues straight away.

The legal definition of waterproof is ambiguous at best.

My phone is waterproof but only up to 1m depth for no more than 30 mins, my outdoor lights are waterproof but cannot be submerged at all.

Even a GoreTex hoodie would do the same in heavy rain.

Agree 100%

Anyone with experience of outdoor clothing will tell you that Hagi hoodie isn't gonna be what the lay man would define as "waterproof". For a start there's a massive gap at the neck that will leak water. Normal waterproof hoodies and jackets used for walking/running will have elasticated cuffs and tight fitting adjustable hoods to keep rain out. Furthermore even premium quality waterproof material will only provide a certain amount of protection (for example I have a £60 waterproof jacket that will keep me dry for about 30 mins in heavy rain on the hills and a £200 waterproof jacket that will maybe give me 2 hours of protection - they do however all fail at a certain point if the weather is that bad)

Point is anyone expecting to go to a rangers game in a Hagi hoody and stay dry is going to be sorely disappointed

Agree 100%

Anyone with experience of outdoor clothing will tell you that Hagi hoodie isn't gonna be what the lay man would define as "waterproof". For a start there's a massive gap at the neck that will leak water. Normal waterproof hoodies and jackets used for walking/running will have elasticated cuffs and tight fitting adjustable hoods to keep rain out. Furthermore even premium quality waterproof material will only provide a certain amount of protection (for example I have a £60 waterproof jacket that will keep me dry for about 30 mins in heavy rain on the hills and a £200 waterproof jacket that will maybe give me 2 hours of protection - they do however all fail at a certain point if the weather is that bad)

Point is anyone expecting to go to a Rangers game in a Hagi hoody and stay dry is going to be sorely disappointed
Under Armour manage it for a lot less.

I got the blue one from the shop and it doesn’t have the cross on the neckline. I was looking at the black one also in the shop. Both large. Tried them both on and they were different sizes even though marked as large. If anyone is buying one then try it on first.

As I said a few posts ago all the ones in the rack yesterday were the cheap school jumper type ones. Not the nice one with the stitched neck as advertised online. This needs to be address immediately it can’t be legal. If castore want to go down the road with the cheepo one’s then that’s fine. I won’t be paying that sort of money for one but I’m sure some will but they simply can’t advertise the nice looking one with the neck stitching and send out the crap one. If you’re going to sell crap at least advertise the crap one so people can make that choice. I’m pleased it was pointed out on here I really fancied the version online.

I do.

Simply because there is no Chinese version of the Men’s home ‘standard replica’.

People were getting confused as comparison pictures were posted without realising it was a Men’s v junior kit/womens and wrongly assumed it was a men’s ‘standard replica’ made in China. It wasn’t.

Castore have obviously assumed that those complaining about the differences in quality are comparing Men’s v Men’s home kit, thus said there are only two versions, one replica (Turkey), one pro (China).

So people, still assuming there’s a Chinese home top as shown in the comparison, now accuse Castore of lying and run off to check where their replica home kit was made. 100% of them will Turkey.

It doesn’t excuse the customer service, it doesn’t excuse the workwear jumper cover up, it doesn’t excuse statements on iPhone notes, but it does make sense.

I'm maybe missing something but is it not the Pro material that was used in China and Castore said it was used in error?

My issue, if I've got that right, is they were telling us their elite items / Pro kits would only be made in their Portuese factory as that was their flagship one.

The stuff I returned was signed for on Monday by them, I sent it back via Royal Mail. I've had no communication to say they've got it and are processing my refund etc. I paid with PayPal so will be raising a dispute with them if I don't hear back by the end of next week.

Has anyone returned anything back to Castore that they bought from them before we signed up with them? I bet their returns process and customer service are 100x better than we have to deal with.

I'm maybe missing something but is it not the Pro material that was used in China and Castore said it was used in error?

My issue, if I've got that right, is they were telling us their elite items / Pro kits would only be made in their Portuese factory as that was their flagship one.

They said the Pro shirt had been released/sold as the general Men’s home replica by mistake. Nothing about material being used in error.

Nike, Under Armour, Adidas. God no, that will anger the bespoke loyal.

Instead we get a season old knock off Nike top that's utter tat sold by two fucking chancers.

Many people would bite your hand off for that. The reason we were happy with a 'bespoke'one is due to the realistic alternatives of companies who we are limited to due to our horrendous legal situation.

They said the Pro shirt had been released/sold as the general Men’s home replica by mistake. Nothing about material being used in error.

Yes, but it was made in China. That's my issue.

Their comment two weeks back was that the Pro tops were to be made in Portugal.

I know they're not saying the material was used in error. I get that it was (apparently) a proper Pro top sold by mistake.

The issue is they themselves said the Pro tops would only be made at their flagship Portuguese factory.

So, it's either a lie about the Chinese tops or they weren't telling the truth a few weeks back when they made the claim their top of the range stuff wouldn't be manufactured in the Far East or some lower grade subbed out contract Eastern European factory. They can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

I’d suggest that it’s outrageous for Castore to not have replied to Club 1872.

However, I’d say that it’s utterly shameful for the club to not have replied to Club 1872.

We’re talking a major shareholder here who have previously enjoyed an excellent relationship with the club.
A continued lack of response could irreparably damage this relationship.

I’d suggest that it’s outrageous for Castore to not have replied to Club 1872.

However, I’d say that it’s utterly shameful for the club to not have replied to Club 1872.

We’re talking a major shareholder here who have previously enjoyed an excellent relationship with the club.
A continued lack of response could irreparably damage this relationship.

"A continued lack of response could irreparably damage this relationship"?

Behave. How do you know there hasn't been dialogue which hasn't been made public yet? I guess it does allow the panic merchants to continue their rhetoric.

"A continued lack of response could irreparably damage this relationship"?

Behave. How do you know there hasn't been dialogue which hasn't been made public yet? I guess it does allow the panic merchants to continue their rhetoric.

Panic merchants?

You’re doing everyone in this thread, and everyone in our wider support, who has received a poor service a disservice.

And I’m not sure your choice of the word rhetoric is suitable either.
If you’re implying I’m using impressive language to persuade and influence, you couldn’t be further from the truth.

I don’t need to set a narrative here – Castore have done this all by themselves.

Panic merchants?

You’re doing everyone in this thread, and everyone in our wider support, who has received a poor service a disservice.

If you’re implying I’m using impressive language to persuade and influence, you couldn’t be further from the truth.

I don’t need to set a narrative here – Castore have done this all by themselves.

Doing everyone a disservice? Again, an overreaction from you. You've compared Castore to the spivs, you're now saying that Castore could lead to the downfall of Club 1872 and the club's relationship. I don't think that's correct. Castore have dropped the ball but no one is now willing to give them a second chance. I get the impression that no matter what they do going forward, the pitchforks are out and it's being led by fans like you.

Also, trying to influence and persuade but lacking in meaningful content? Seems apt to me.

It's looking obvious now both the club & cas re are treating club 1872 & the fans with total contempt with the silence now, they're hoping it's all blown over & forgotten about dangerous game to be playing with a major shareholder & people who your relying on to spend their money.

It's looking obvious now both the club & cas re are treating club 1872 & the fans with total contempt with the silence now, they're hoping it's all blown over & forgotten about dangerous game to be playing with a major shareholder & people who your relying on to spend their money.

Definitely the only conclusion we can draw from this.

Many people would bite your hand off for that. The reason we were happy with a 'bespoke'one is due to the realistic alternatives of companies who we are limited to due to our horrendous legal situation.
I mentioned before that I would have been happy with Macron or whoever, a company that has experience in delivering football kits to teams like Lazio etc. Might not be the trendiest label, but it is something.

That we went with a company that had never made a football strip in their life, and has only been in existence a few years should have meant that we had done our due diligence on whether they could actually meet the demand rather than just taking them at their word. Their word which we have very quickly found out means nothing, and they are not far off a couple of wide boys out for a quick buck.

I mentioned before that I would have been happy with Macron or whoever, a company that has experience in delivering football kits to teams like Lazio etc. Might not be the trendiest label, but it is something.

That we went with a company that had never made a football strip in their life, and has only been in existence a few years should have meant that we had done our due diligence on whether they could actually meet the demand rather than just taking them at their word. Their word which we have very quickly found out means nothing, and they are not far off a couple of wide boys out for a quick buck.
If Macron put the money up front the way Castore did we probably would've went with them. I don't think we had many options given our situation yet we've got people still asking why we never went with Adidas or a Nike template. Not talking about you in this case.

A blind man could’ve see we were too big a task for Castore to handle from the very start. The majority of people’s concerns have come to fruition.
Yes there’s been a pandemic but there’s Chelsea, Spurs, PSG, Bayern kits etc in stores all over the country and they probably sell more throughout the world than we do. So is the pandemic selective in how it affects....

Ok Castore came to the party late, so why didn’t they just concentrate on all the home kit initially for a flawless launch at the beginning of Aug, away and third kit towards the end of Aug, then training gear and leisure wear in the next month or two.

They’ve tried to run before they could even crawl and made a rip roaring cünt of it. The main benefit they were pushing at the start was their online/web sales service expertise (no laughing at the back)

All we got on here at the start is Castore were:

“in partnership with one of the worlds leading sportsmen” (Andy Murray - who is on the rapid decline)

“just look at the price of their stuff on the website”

“bespoke”

The whole saga has been watching a car crash in slow motion.

Panic merchants?

The lack of response from the club makes me wonder if this is going to be a one season deal only now , my thoughts only.

Doing everyone a disservice? Again, an overreaction from you. You've compared Castore to the spivs, you're now saying that Castore could lead to the downfall of Club 1872 and the club's relationship. I don't think that's correct. Castore have dropped the ball but no one is now willing to give them a second chance. I get the impression that no matter what they do going forward, the pitchforks are out and it's being led by fans like you.

Also, trying to influence and persuade but lacking in meaningful content? Seems apt to me.

That’s absolute nonsense. Castore have had weeks to try and correct issues being raised by the support and have treated us with utter contempt. And that comes from someone who defended them initially. It’s way beyond “dropped the ball”. Some folk are chasing the equivalent of a weeks salary, emails ignored, goods defective, the wrong item or no item at all.

I won’t buy anything again from them. I wouldn’t do it with any other company and these clowns don’t get a pass simply because they are linked to Rangers. This “Aye but the club...suck it up” attitude has to stop. THEY cancelled my order over two weeks ago. I haven’t been refunded and had to go through the bank. If they don’t want to be called spivs then they shouldn’t act like it. I’m reporting them to Trading Standards. I would urge everyone else with a complaint to do the same. Don’t give a flying f@ck if that’s not staunch enough for some.

I’m also angry with the club for sitting quiet on this. It’s beginning to look like they give no shits about the support.

A blind man could’ve see we were too big a task for Castore to handle from the very start. The majority of people’s concerns have come to fruition.
Yes there’s been a pandemic but there’s Chelsea, Spurs, PSG, Bayern kits etc in stores all over the country and they probably sell more throughout the world than we do. So is the pandemic selective in how it affects....

Ok Castore came to the party late, so why didn’t they just concentrate on all the home kit initially for a flawless launch at the beginning of Aug, away and third kit towards the end of Aug, then training gear and leisure wear in the next month or two.

They’ve tried to run before they could even crawl and made a rip roaring cünt of it. The main benefit they were pushing at the start was their online/web sales service expertise (no laughing at the back)

All we got on here at the start is Castore were:

“in partnership with one of the worlds leading sportsmen” (Andy Murray - who is on the rapid decline)

“just look at the price of their stuff on the website”

“bespoke”

The whole saga has been watching a car crash in slow motion.
I was lucky my bro bought me the Castore own brand hoodie , no doubt it is top notch quality . I never expected the same for the tops but far better than the quality provided to date. It is a complete embarrassment for Castore .

I agree re Macron .... just got email re n the new scotland rugby kit and it looks great !

Genuinely scunnered with the whole saga, that's what it is now a saga. We want to spend lots and lots of money and we cant, I mean it is just so exasperating !!!

Thats the killer for me, waited 4 weeks on any response, they cancelled 1/3 of order then sent not what i actually ordered. Still waiting on refund however with 4 kids and money going to the club we would have spent a shed load of cash and not just on the tops. Highly suspect it will be the last spend on any Castore clothes of any design.
We would at the least expect some statement from the club as Castore themselves have proven their lack of communication / customer care.

Back