Pathetic Quality From Castore

Doing everyone a disservice? Again, an overreaction from you. You've compared Castore to the spivs, you're now saying that Castore could lead to the downfall of Club 1872 and the club's relationship. I don't think that's correct. Castore have dropped the ball but no one is now willing to give them a second chance. I get the impression that no matter what they do going forward, the pitchforks are out and it's being led by fans like you.

Also, trying to influence and persuade but lacking in meaningful content? Seems apt to me.

I compared Castore to the spivs?
I've just used the search function and checked the entire thread for the word spiv and my username, and it returns no hits.
So, no, I didn't, that's a blatant lie.

Lacking meaningful content?
The fact this thread is nearly 100 pages long would suggest otherwise.

Given the above two points, I can't really take you seriously.

Send it back, although why did you wait to try and return it? If tags are still on it then you must have clocked the issues straight away.
I was away with work and hadn’t realised there were differences until after the thread started on here taking me like thousands of others passed the 14 days.

Is there any way back for Castore from this?

I would say yes.

But the longer they (And the club) ignore us, the worse it will be.

The blatant lies need to stop as well. It's embarrassing.

If they come out, apologise for everything, get it sorted in time for Christmas, worse case scenario next season, than Bears will work with them.

But we don't forget easy

I honestly dont know. There certainly isn't here. What I cant understand is they seem to be content to allow their brand to be ruined for thousands of people who would have bought from them again and again. It makes no business sense. I would love to see their business plan and staffing levels because just now it's coming across like two boys in their shed taking advice from their mum!

If it was me, I would make a two minute video apologising, say we got it massively wrong. Please bear with us over the next four weeks while we make it right. We will issue replacements/refunds wherever requested"

Question is do they have the finance to refund or get replacements made. Did they not say the school jumpers were an error and were being withdrawn yet someone on this thread said they were still in store? Or did I pick that up wrong?

Personally, I don't think so. Certainly not from a fans point of view.

I appreciate that there have been a lot more positive transactions than negative ones but unfortunately in business, shit sticks. People only remember negative things as it's not meant to happen.

It all started off so well, they were engaging and said they understood our frustrations and not being able to buy kits etc over the years. The way that has been cast to the side and what we have been served up has been nothing short of a disgrace. I know a guy who bursts his arse to buy his sons kits and was proud as punch to be able to do so and it was a lot financially to him. He ordered it during the pre order window and he's still to receive the kits or even a refund. He can't afford to go to the shop and pick up another few kits and is still out of pocket. All the while he has to explain to his sons why their pals have their kits and they don't and can't get anywhere speaking to Castore directly to find out whats happening.

That for me is utterly tragic and a fucking disgraceful situation for a fan to be in. Happy to report his boys at least now have the away kits to keep them happy but it's beside the point.

Castore have royally fucked up. They were warned by some of the fans they spoke to prior to the range being launched to be honest and upfront with us and do not treat us like mugs or the whole deal will fall apart.

It is only August and that for me has happened.

The thing that is most disappointing for me is the silence.
It's hugely disappointing that there has been no statement from either the club, Castore, or a joint effort. Even more so following the Club 1872 statement.

From a personal point of view I'm not too concerned. I've got confirmation from Royal Mail that my items have been returned. And I am ok having to wait for a refund. I'll only be unhappy if this refund doesn't happen.

I would like to think that Castore and the club can win the fans back over this deal.
Just answer the concerns openly and honestly. Admit fault where it lies, admit false information and claims where they are, and it gives an opportunity for them to clear up any confusions, or misinterpretations, we as a supporters might have.
Then plan for remediation, whatever that is. If it's taking back all items that people are disappointed by. Moving manufacturing, if necessary, for consistency in product. Then giving an opportunity for fans to buy merchandise with their club crest on it, where the merchandise is of a quality befitting of the price.

Major car manufacturers recall much more expensive items than clothes when they realise fault, and do right by their customers. So can something like this happen.
It's a five year contract, and if done right now it could be very profitable and satisfactory for everyone involved.

I genuinely also think the club aren't bothered because they are seeing money coming in and the store is still doing well despite all this negativity.

You would certainly like to think that isn't true but with the absence of any statement you are left to draw your own conclusions.

The first couple of issues were almost acceptable, but there's a list of product and customer service problems now that definitely need dealt with. Ignoring it is not the answer.

I beginning to think Rangers are one of Castore major investors going by the lack of Statements from our club and Castore regarding Club 1872 statement last week. I won't be buy anything from Castore until we get answers.

Seen this photo of Gerrard with yesterday's date and it would appear the lettering of Castore above his initials on his joggers is missing some of the letters.

Lack of quality on the players kits as well as the supporters is shocking.

The only way for Castore to resolve this is;

1. Ensure an agreed response time for customer enquiries.

2. Process refunds & exchanges within an agreed timeframe.

3. Define a quality standard across the product range & ensure a consistent & adequate supply to meet demand.

4. Discount their prices across the RFC range until the end of the 20-21 season.

5. Hold their hand up, admit they’ve fucked it & apologise.

It’s not some two-bit provincial EPL club you’re dealing with here, it’s one of the most successful & recognised football clubs on the planet.

Shape-up or ship-out.

The clock is ticking.

I’ve been highly critical of Castore as I was affected by the pre-orders. I then had to return the strips which Hermes appeared to hold onto for a couple of weeks so my refund is only being processed now. In fairness, for once when I queried with Castore about the position of my return they actually replied within 24 hours which made me think they might have actually made improvements. Evidently that isn’t the case based on the last few pages of this thread.

I’ve since bought a couple of trackie tops, one of which had to be returned as the zip wasn’t working. The other probably should have went back as well as there’s a dodgy stitch in it but I decided just to accept the minor defect. Quality control is clearly an issue.

I’ve no idea how they seriously think they can take on another two clubs next season and fulfill the demand when their first venture has been such a disaster.

The only thing I can think that they’re trying to do is increase the value of the brand as quickly as possible in order to sell their shares to a bigger competitor before the house of cards they’re building collapses on them.

If Macron put the money up front the way Castore did we probably would've went with them. I don't think we had many options given our situation yet we've got people still asking why we never went with Adidas or a Nike template. Not talking about you in this case.
Totally, but were the rumours not that it was between them and Castore? I can totally understand the club's willingness to accept the offer with the money upfront to use as an insurance policy basically, but if I was going to get my car fixed, I'd pick a garage that has a long history of repairing cars before over one that has just opened up and has never done it before, regardless of cost.

This whole scenario has ensured that I won't be spending a penny on the merch until it's either sorted or there is a new provider. There is absolutely nothing being shown from Castore that they can be trusted, and that they are any different from the endless line of of folk that want to take us for a ride.

The thing that I find unforgivable is underestimating the demand, and that's Rangers' fault as much as Castore because we've either not done the correct due dilligence to make sure Castore are capable of meeting the demand, or we've not made them aware of what the demand would be. Either way it's a big error.

I sent my home top back to Castore via Hermes for a refund 3 weeks ago, and despite numerous emails to Castore I've not had a reply.

I will give it to close of play today before I take a PayPal dispute out.

I wanted to spend money, their attitude and lack of customer service has lost them my business.

Seen this photo of Gerrard with yesterday's date and it would appear the lettering of Castore above his initials on his joggers is missing some of the letters.

Lack of quality on the players kits as well as the supporters is shocking.

There is already a picture I posted a good few pages back of Defoe's shorts with the badge half missing.

The best outcome from this is Castore enabled us to break free of SD.

Castore's errors and attitude, along with hopefully suitable commercial clauses enable us to end the contract early.

We are free to strike a deal with nike, adidas or under armour who will surely have taken note of the numbers shifted.

Castore's errors and attitude, along with hopefully suitable commercial clauses enable us to end the contract early.

We are free to strike a deal with nike, adidas or under armour who will surely have taken note of the numbers shifted.

This is the point I was trying to make a few weeks ago when things were ok on the whole with Castore and it didn't go down well on here! I do wonder if people have now changed their mind.

Rangers would not have entered into a contract with a company like Castore without get out clauses. There will be standard targets to meet and if not, Rangers will likely be able to use them failing (if they end up doing so) to speak to other Kit Manufacturers. It’s standard in the industry.

Just to reiterate my point before something I’m saying is taken out of context again and ends up on Twitter and fans sites ....what I am saying is my opinion. There is nothing to say it would happen. However major players will be watching what’s happening and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swoop over the next year or two.

I genuinely also think the club aren't bothered because they are seeing money coming in and the store is still doing well despite all this negativity.
Suspect you will hear from the club when the backlog is sorted out.

Bigger issue might be no kit manufacturer will want the hassle in the future. Or we will end up with a bog standard Adidas kit in blue.

Ashley will have a cooling off period type arrangement for this. I put nothing past the fat prick.

I'm a huge fan of the current Nike training range clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool have.

For the most part, the kits are all completely different as well.

This years Liverpool home kit would be a belter for us if the Red was of course blue and the teal/green colour was red.

jd_367496_a

Thank you for your email.

I am so sorry to hear this.

We are now launching an investigation with the courier service on your behalf concerning your order.

They have 14 days to investigate the error and determine what has occurred.

Rest assured, if it is deemed that your order has been lost in transit, you will be informed and issued with a full refund.

We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

So they have lost two separate parcels sent back in plan wrapping. I am calling bullshit. We get Hermes all the time and no delivery or return has even gone missing.

I've decided to keep mine tags n all, hopefully some day 30 years from now I'll be able to sling it on ebay and make a mint. Quicker and easier than sending it back to castore.

I appreciate that there have been a lot more positive transactions than negative ones but unfortunately in business, shit sticks. People only remember negative things as it's not meant to happen.

It all started off so well, they were engaging and said they understood our frustrations and not being able to buy kits etc over the years. The way that has been cast to the side and what we have been served up has been nothing short of a disgrace. I know a guy who bursts his arse to buy his sons kits and was proud as punch to be able to do so and it was a lot financially to him. He ordered it during the pre order window and he's still to receive the kits or even a refund. He can't afford to go to the shop and pick up another few kits and is still out of pocket. All the while he has to explain to his sons why their pals have their kits and they don't and can't get anywhere speaking to Castore directly to find out whats happening.

That for me is utterly tragic and a fucking disgraceful situation for a fan to be in. Happy to report his boys at least now have the away kits to keep them happy but it's beside the point.

Castore have royally fucked up. They were warned by some of the fans they spoke to prior to the range being launched to be honest and upfront with us and do not treat us like mugs or the whole deal will fall apart.

I can't see them recovering despite the probably thousands of positive interactions. I've bought loads of kit over the years and held off this time due to all the previous false dawn's retail wise. The stuff I have read on here has put me off ever buying Castore gear to be honest. I'll hopefully contribute via a hospitality day this year if/when they get the go ahead

I am giving them the ultimate benefit of doubt and giving them this season to get their shit together. They've produced some cracking looking stuff but the quality of certain things is below sub standard.
My third kit seems flawless so far, home shirt I will wait and see what transpires but glad I got it returned when I did.
The worst parts so far are the almost impossibility to get an answer to enquiries, the lack of fluidity with refunds etc and the IMO downright lies. Yes the mens shirts are all from Turkey, but the images of shirts shown have been womens/kids vs mens and the quality difference is clear. This shouldn't be the case, despite this being made clear they still spout some shite about pro kits and that's that. Accept it or don't.
I firmly believe Castore will live or die in the football market based on this deal, they need to improve things fast.
The club don't get a free ride in this either, their communication since the negativity has started has been abysmal, bar The SLO forwarding on an iPhone note what have the club done or said? "we are in contact with Castore about issues". Great, I'm filled with all the hope in the world, not like we've a history of talking a good game and doing the square route of %^*& all in the aftermath.

Anyway, third kit seems great. Home shirt WAS great until you find out guys get stiffed with a lesser quality product. Talk about gender equality!!

Anyone ordered anything online recently? How long did the delivery take?

Against my better judgement I used my £25 to get the travel zip up. I ordered on the 19th August and it’s still showing as unfulfilled. Sent them an email, they apologised but offered no explanations and no timescales when it’s likely to be dispatched. They offered a refund but if I do that I might lose the discount.

They’re quick enough at taking the money. It came out on the 19th. I always thought most places don’t take the money until the item is dispatched?

I can't see them recovering despite the probably thousands of positive interactions. I've bought loads of kit over the years and held off this time due to all the previous false dawn's retail wise. The stuff I have read on here has put me off ever buying Castore gear to be honest. I'll hopefully contribute via a hospitality day this year if/when they get the go ahead

I'm in exactly the same boat. Patience is wearing thin with being mugged off tbh. The club is as culpable in this as the two lads chancing their arm. That tired old phrase "due diligence" comes to bear yet again...

Anyone ordered anything online recently? How long did the delivery take?

Against my better judgement I used my £25 to get the travel zip up. I ordered on the 19th August and it’s still showing as unfulfilled. Sent them an email, they apologised but offered no explanations and no timescales when it’s likely to be dispatched. They offered a refund but if I do that I might lose the discount.

They’re quick enough at taking the money. It came out on the 19th. I always thought most places don’t take the money until the item is dispatched?

Missus wanted to order me some stuff for my birthday there, and despite my bad experience with Castore, I told her the 3rd kit will probably be fine.

She used the £25 voucher.

Castore cancelled the order for no reason.

No reply to her emails about refund and now the £25 voucher doesn’t work.

When will the club act?

To be fair, my order was a mens and womens home replica.
Without even noticing the difference initially with the womens kit I didn't like the quality of the mens.

As I said in a previous post, I could instantly tell that it was a lesser quality than Macron training gear I wear for my own football club.
I was expecting higher quality because of all the media and statements leading up to the release.
The Macron top I wear were about £20 (including club badge, sponsor, and initials) per item. A fraction of the £60 paid for the Rangers top.

So the quality for me was instantly disappointing.

But the fact that the womens kit is of a good quality, whereas the mens isn't just smacks of an obvious manufacturing mistake. Either all should have been of a poor quality and they were just looking for a massive mark up, or they should all have been of the better quality (manufactured in China).
Inconsistency in the quality of similar products will always lead to dissatisfied customers. Ever heard of TCF (Treating Customers Fairly).

Finally, I've never been a fan of the ironed on logos. Too often does this come off. Even more so when it's smaller pieces of material (like the lettering on Castore, or the measurements on the inside of the collar). This should either be printed into the material (not on the material) or stitched in my opinion. In a worst case scenario print the Castore badge and don't bother with the lettering.
It was clear as a fan base that we demanded an embroidered club crest. Now they will understand why.

Here's to hoping the relationship can be mended. This would be my preferred outcome. But if Castore, and the club, think we will continue to accept this sub standard product (including customer experience) then sadly I think it's time consider this partnership a failure.

Missus wanted to order me some stuff for my birthday there, and despite my bad experience with Castore, I told her the 3rd kit will probably be fine.

She used the £25 voucher.

Castore cancelled the order for no reason.

No reply to her emails about refund and now the £25 voucher doesn’t work.

When will the club act?
I wonder how many have successfully used the voucher.

I don’t understand how after 10 days they still don’t have timescales for delivery? There’s hardly any stock online so what’s the hold up!?

I don’t understand how after 10 days they still don’t have timescales for delivery? There’s hardly any stock online so what’s the hold up!?

The problems should’ve been fixed by now.

The bungle bros are blaming everyone else but themselves. Invest in some customer service and warehouse temps ffs.

Hermes were supposed to pick up my top for return today. Got an email to say that they tried at 13:01, but nobody was in. We were both in the house :D

Hardly a surprise.

Let's hope they're taking their time to make sure that the next batch is of the required quality. I'd rather wait for decent stuff than the shit that's gone out in haste. They just need to be honest with us and this can still be salvaged.

Let's hope they're taking their time to make sure that the next batch is of the required quality. I'd rather wait for decent stuff than the shit that's gone out in haste. They just need to be honest with us and this can still be salvaged.
That’s all I’m looking for. If they told me the order will take a bit longer as they’re paying extra attention to the quality, I’d be fine with that.

Their response so far has been we’re sorry but we’ll get to it when we get to it and we‘ve no idea when that’ll be!

Took my home top in to the store earlier for a refund. Turkish number and also had 2 thread pulls on the back and the front. Got a refund without any issues. Just showed the woman my pre order email.

May i add, there was a woman in with an irish facemask and Celtic tracksuit on buying a few Rangers tops. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Hoping it was presents for someone but you never know with that lot...

For a customer service shambles from Castore regarding no response to emails and no info on refunds they seem to still have time to report all the negative comments on trustpilot and if Hermes is now not reliable enough to deliver their items why on earth are we still being told to use them to return items these two con men and the club need to be getting answer out to the fans spending hard earned cash

Back